Why do i have 7-15 FPS in Terror/Wyrm battle? I just upgraded my GTX 770 to AMD R9 390x....

MENT

My PC specs: 

50ccd21e1e6d2df4f2403d2e10dce159.png

Capacity: 480 GB

Read Speed: up to 550 MB/s1

Write Speed: up to 515 MB/s1

Interface: SATA Revision 3.0 (6 Gb/s)

fec126d5044f219c558fd543900ef90c.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Tests:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Witcher 3 Wildhunt:

Recommended System Requirements

• CPU: Intel Core i7 3770 3.4 GHz or AMD AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
  • RAM: 8GB
  • HDD Space: 40 GB
  • DirectX 11

Inmunu FPS = 3000-3500

Ingame = 90-140

--------------------------------------------------

Grand Theft Auto V:

• OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1
  • Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHZ (4 CPUs) / AMD X8 FX-8350 @ 4GHZ (8 CPUs)
  • Memory: 8GB
  • Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB / AMD HD7870 2GB
  • Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
  • HDD Space: 65GB
  • DVD Drive

Inmenu FPS = 1200-1500

Ingame FPS = 40-90

Fallout 4:

• Processor: Intel Core i7 4790 3.6 GHz/AMD FX-9590 4.7 GHz or equivalent
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: GeForce GTX 780 3GB/AMD Radeon R9 290X 4GB or equivalent
  • Hard Drive: 30 GB available space

Inmenu FPS = 1000-1500

Ingame FPS = 70-90

Blade and Soul 

https://support.bladeandsoul.com/hc/en-us/articles/205500389-System-Requirements

• Processor: Intel Quad Core / AMD Phenom II X4
  • Memory: 4GB or above
  • Graphics: nVidia Geforce 8800GT / AMD Radeon HD4850 (2012 GPU Card)
  • Hard Drive: 22GB or above
  • Directx: 9.0c

Inmenu = 120 FPS

Ingame = 5-40 and closer to 5.

Maybe I should buy x2 AMD R9 390x on SLI or maybe x4? Or go to 128G RAM? Oh, maybe a new processor, some Intel Xeon@ ? maybe my SSD isn't fast enough? hmm there is no faster..

Of course in kidding here, but WTF?i'm way above the system requirements for this game and still stuck with damn 10 FPS on battles?

Ok, let's leave the battles, just for a second, why running around the open world give me a max of 40 FPS?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Upgraded?  You sure NVIDIA -> AMD is an upgrade? When it's a known fact a lot of games are optimized around Intel/NVIDIA? Hardware aside, the issue is a game optimization, spec the settings for Combat and it should lighten the load otherwise Ctrl+F.

I know the feeling, i have far above what is needed but i still can't go higher than 35 fps, i get like 15 in dungeons and dun even ask me about doing e fleet admiral or wyrm it's like stop animation, even with messing around with settings, setting high priority in task manager and everything else

3 minutes ago, Lexter said:

Is anything you can dou about it. Game did not like me too. Mabybecaousei have long hair.

No, for seriously. BnS is bad optimized game and have serious issues on new machines especialy with newest systems like win10.

i had win 8, 5 hour ago, i installed 10 :) not the system for sure cause the issue ^^

5 minutes ago, MENT said:

i had win 8, 5 hour ago, i installed 10 :) not the system for sure cause the issue ^^

One man, one view. On same machine i have 80FPS win7, 20 FPS win10. Same version of drivers. Just another system. But iam just one man, one view. Everybody have true. Developers must focus on people that have issue. No to you on win10 or me on win7.

2 minutes ago, EhUEHUHE said:

You know what , they can still milk you with the cash shop and premium program even if you get 1 FPS in battles . Cash Shop doesn't lag :D

Well ,it lags pretty often as well (The loading)

1 hour ago, Separty said:

In order to run this game stable 60+ FPS you shoul build a PC like this, around the 15,000$  :

ifI was one of four $1.6bn winners this toy was mine for sure...

BNS uses UE3 and direct x 9 lol. its not well optimized since UE3 wasnt designed for mmos or insane amounts of char models on screen like bns. the game is ridiculously cpu heaven and ONLY uses 2 cores for whatever reason. gpu almost does nothing but boost ur frames a little.

its a dice roll if the game likes your cpu. it prefers older cpu's as well.

bns is already aged a bit that is the reason for all tehse shortcomings it is NOT a new mmo so super fancy new tech isnt going to help much.

After I saw your Video I noticed that you didn't Hide Characters. Thats why you have low FPS when killing Terrors.

Next time just press CTRL+F and you'll get around 40 fps more

Also nobody in this whole thread did mention this so you could just ignore the rest of this thread

5 minutes ago, Xores said:

After I saw your Video I noticed that you didn't Hide Characters. Thats why you have low FPS when killing Terrors.

Next time just press CTRL+F and you'll get around 40 fps more

Also nobody in this whole thread did mention this so you could just ignore the rest of this thread

I haven't uploaded that part, i did it and FPS goes up by 5 lol, from 7 to 12-15 lol.

i wish that was the issue ^^

You don't know? You have to unlock your FPS through the hongmoon store. $10 per 5 FPS, i 'm sorry but the devs have to make money somehow. 

Good one :D

Yesterday I tried Black Wyrm and even if it was a slideshow I somehow managed to get a chest at second attempt. With terrors it was like: one hit, Terror at 99%, game freezes, Terror at 2%, no chest LOL

I have a decent rig, this game is just not meant for bigger battles.

1 minute ago, MENT said:

is my CPU not enough?

You see it's not that your CPU is not enough. The devs spent time optimizing the game which requires which you need to pay to use. Right now the game is probably only using about about 40% of your cpu because you havent paid for the FPS unlock. I'm sorry it has to be like this but the devs need money.

8 minutes ago, MENT said:

is my CPU not enough?

I misread the original post.  Saw the Witcher recommended specs and thought that was your PC.  Not sure what your CPU is so I can't say.  My fps drops into the teens during open world boss fights.

My specs:

i7 3770k OC'd to 4.1 Ghz

2x GTX 970's

128 GB SSD for Windows 8.1

256 GB SSD where BnS is located.

2TB 7200 RPM HDD for storage.

Just now, wishery7 said:

You see it's not that your CPU is not enough. The devs spent time optimizing the game which requires which you need to pay to use. Right now the game is probably only using about about 40% of your cpu because you havent paid for the FPS unlock. I'm sorry it has to be like this but the devs need money.

Well, actually I can set additional core/% priority to game process, I will try when i'll be at home.

I think this thread should be forwarded to Korean Game Developers, if be more specific, to some Manager or GL, because the normal Devs who is responsive for the optimization and keep the game updated with newest Spec is overchilled since 2012....

56b45b1d7c0c4.jpg

2 hours ago, Separty said:

In order to run this game stable 60+ FPS you shoul build a PC like this, around the 15,000$  :

not true. even this machine will stall during Blackwyrm and large scale public fights/areas due to CPU and netcode.

Archived