If I was a potential player/buyer looking at this forum...

Troska

I would run the other way and never look back, as I let out a sigh of relief.

What I want to know is, where is the community manager? Why isn't someone doing damage control?

They need to speak up and fast! Unless of course this is exactly what many are saying, a "cash grab." 

4 minutes ago, Troska said:

What I want to know is, where is the community manager? Why isn't someone doing damage control?

They need to speak up and fast! Unless of course this is exactly what many are saying, a "cash grab." 

It's very hard to code an MMO like BnS let alone find the flaws and fix them in under 0.000003 nano seconds like players want it too. so. most of the ppl here whine because they can't play the game ( because they don't want to work for things ing and are use to everything being handed down to them) , and for the bugs? refer back to my 1st sentence. good day

1 minute ago, Troska said:

I believe the CM is EU based on the activity history. Could be wrong through, They do need a presence in the English forums.

7 minutes ago, Troska said:

Good thing you have never dealt with NCSOFT before , people who did are pulling out their hair for YEARS now .

The game itself is fun and has redeeming qualities. I don't know about end-game, I haven't gotten there yet.

As for the monetization of the game, it does unfortunately seem that the game is being pushed out to this new audience not as a celebration of a really cool story and change of pace, but as a way for the gaming company to make a lot of quick cash with another market for already-existing virtual assets.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, just that from what has been demonstrated so far, the *priorities* placed have not been in securing the user experience. Again, I accept you have to secure a revenue stream. I guess what I am saying is that if I had to pick what fires I wanted to be putting out the week of launch, I would have picked different fires.

24 minutes ago, RobynTheTiny said:

Pretty much every game forum looks like this. Doesn't keep me from trying stuff ^^

I'm the same way for the most part. I like to make my own judgement AFTER I've played a game for myself.

My first day in-game was a lot of fun, so I literally bought into it. Though now a few days later I'm not completely satisfied with that decision.

Eh, when it comes to the forums, people complain about every little thing especially when the game is released.

Take the forum people's opinions with a grain of salt because it's generally "at that moment" complaint and they expect a change to happen within mere minutes.

If they aren't accompanied by an answer from a higher up within an hour they throw the "I'm going to quit" threat and proceed to just stay on forums making more complaints.

So I'll give you a quick run-down as unbiased as I possibly can:

Lack of replies stem mainly from potential whiplash (bare in mind, this is speculation) and they'd rather give you the correct information when it's ready over a rushed (and possibly wrong) answer. It's actually easier to tweet one of the Producers and he will sometimes answer your question(s) relatively quickly).

The game itself is as fun as the player makes it. I've been playing since Alpha Testing 2 and before that, a bit on Chinese BnS ever since it hit open beta for the Chinese players (on and off, yet I still suck lol). I've gotten my main to 45 and am now leveling a Force Master (she's 37 right now) and I think I'll definately level 5 more classes to 45. Once Warlock hits (we'll have 8 slots then and 9 once the Chi class comes), I'll level that too. The point is, just find what's fun for you in game and focus on that.

Also a thing to remember is while the game may have been out for nmerous years, there are ALWAYS problems popping up. So (perhaps) needless to say but expect a bit before things are fixed.

Personally I love the feedback we have actually been getting from Mods and GMs. I love that a few suggestions have ALREADY been implemented because of the population's voice. I love the fact that I can directly tweet a producer and possibly get a question answered instead of feeling like I'm 110% in the dark. The game has its numerous (and some, glaringly) flaws, but in the end, I'm truly happy while playing it.

56 minutes ago, Chesnya said:

It's very hard to code an MMO like BnS let alone find the flaws and fix them in under 0.000003 nano seconds like players want it too. so. most of the ppl here whine because they can't play the game ( because they don't want to work for things ing and are use to everything being handed down to them) , and for the bugs? refer back to my 1st sentence. good day

This game is not 'new' its been out live for over 4 years, and very successfully in 5 different country's, I play CN servers and have done since it went live we never saw any of these problems and the huge basic problems people are having with even just getting the game to download correctly,  Also CN servers are far far more stable with no were near the lag we have here, constant server crash's etc,  and I live in the UK !!

My own honest opinion is I have been looking forward to a western release since I first heard and saw the game originally in Korea, I was in the game on EU the first day it was released and there was issues near enough straight away and that does not include all the gold spamming and bots etc, ALL these should have been expected and already had pre planned action for, but for some unknown reason NC say they were taken buy surprise ?  LOL seriously its not like this is there only Western released game, do they not learn at all from previous issues ? even learn from media concerning other games problems, lol, I really dont understand how supposedly unaware they seem to have been to what are basic well known things in newly released games in the west.

I love this game, but this 'western' release is very disappointing, not only the game itself but the business model as so many hidden things too.

Archived