Please let us send whispers to friends cross-server.

Sabatine

In the current system, adding friends who play on other servers is all but pointless - if you want to set up a cross-server dungeon run together, you have to use a 3rd party program like Skype or Steam to communicate. Why can't we use the in-game chat to communicate with friends on other servers? Yeah, sure, you can start a lobby and invite them to it, but you do it without preamble - no, "Hey, wanna do this dungeon?" or, "Hey, are you busy?" Nothing. 

This might not be quite the same animal, but in the other NCSoft-developed game that I played, Aion, you could send whispers across servers to people on your friends list. It really helped with queueing for cross-server dungeons and PVP instances with friends.

TL;DR: Please, please, PLEASE let us whisper to friends on other servers. It's a MASSIVE roadblock to setting up cross-server dungeons or PVP.

• 2 weeks later...

I was just about to create a thread for this very feature XD I find it frustrating that all communication is cut off and lost whenever a friend is playing in the cross-server platform, or in the arena.

What is the point of adding friends from other server if you can't communicate with them? sigh...

Archived