BNS is going down a landslide fast! Reasons why listed inside

gourmetcookie

Hello fellow BNS peepers! Along with the many other people crying about everything I thought I would join in and explain why I believe BNS is going down a landslide as if it were Mama June at a water park!

Reason Number 1: BNS is Free 2 Play, yet has a cashshop. WHAT? WHY? I want everything for free. This includes wardrobe and all skin options. Anything that's listed in it. Because it's supposed to be Free 2 Play. Hence the underlined. I don't care if it's obtainable in the game either.

Reason Number 2: Why are the outfits in the Awful cashshop $10-$15 each? It's only pixels and probably takes milliseconds to create, regardless of the varying races and bodysizes and animations that also go along with it.

Reason Number 3: Going back to Reason Number 2, WHY aren't outfits account tradeable? Again, something I've NEVER seen in my life before from a f2p! This game is straight from Korea like last week.

Reason Number 4: The bot and gold problem! Why isn't anything being done about them and how are they allowed in the servers? I now believe that bots exist in real life, because of BNS.

Reason Number 5: Why is there a 7 day deletion period for characters? Again obviously another price gouging tactic since bns launched with 2 free character slots.

Those are the majority of what I think! Basically what I want to know is, who came up with all of these ideas and aren't servers supposed to support themselves? NCsoft is a large enough company!!!!

Free 2 play means you can play for free. Not have everything for free. Cash shop is a hallmark of f2p games for many years.

Because they want to make money and know the audience cares about their looks. Settle for the free costumes from mob drops and be happy. :) Or save up hongmoon coins.

AGREED. LET ME SEND COSTUMES FROM ONE ALT TO ANOTHER. DAMNIT.

AGREED. FIX THE DAMN SPAMMERS. World pvp is going to die without semi-organized factions on both sides. If nobody can organize wpvp is pointless.

So you cant get hacked and lose all your characters and so you cant abuse remaking characters for survey rewards that you mail to your main or w/e.

1) You are new to F2P MMOs, aren't you?

Trick question - game is completely free, how does NCSoft make money to uphold the server?

2) Customization is what you buy in a F2P. You invest a lot of time in your character's value, and cosmetics is a form of value. 

3) Straight from Korea last week, been in Korea for years. It's a part of the game to force players to grind.

4) It is being worked on. It's a difficult process.

5) This one I wasn't too sure of, but I suppose it's just account safety in case you changed your mind. Honestly, since warehouse isn't shared, and you need cash shop to mail, might as well make another account for more slots.

Reason Number 1: BNS is Free 2 Play, yet has a cashshop. WHAT? WHY? I want everything for free.

aren't servers supposed to support themselves? 

Do you understand anything about business? Lmao. If it's f2p, it's got a cash shop or premium membership. This is a company, a business. They're looking to make a profit. If they don't, they'll shut the game down. This is like the basics of basics.

Why are the outfits in the Awful cashshop $10-$15 each?

That's a normal price of skins. They have to make profit somehow.

WHY aren't outfits account tradeable? 

This is true and annoying, though.

The bot and gold problem! Why isn't anything being done about them and how are they allowed in the servers?

Every f2p game has bot and spam problems. Several steps have been taken to prevent these, and it's showing. You can't magically make them disappear. It's a sad constant. Even old, monthly fee games have both of these.

Why is there a 7 day deletion period for characters? Again obviously another price gouging tactic since bns launched with 2 free character slots.

7 days is a bit long, but you can always just make another account.

Sounds to me like you're just clueless and whining because everything isn't free and super convenient.

I dont wanna be rude but.

Reason 1: What? you in drugs? Oh right, god bless NCSoft so god pays the bills, np.

Reason  2:Miliseconds to create? Go ahead and make one, then mod you bns and have it for free, =).

Reason 3:Then you havent played TERA, and none complains, none knows to read "Bind on equip"?

Reason 4:They already fixed it, I block 1-2 spammers per day now, not 50 spammer per day + disabling chats.

Reason 5:This is for your lovely "Gold Spammers" that you are complaining about.

Reason 6(Mine): I dont get all this complaining of the game, the game is pretty good and all, it has its problems like everything and everyone, why everyone needs to complain about everything...just play the game, it is a game! Have fun! Stop finding errors and bla bla bla, nothing is perfect =) Just play and have fun with ur friends!

Along with many other people who comment on these overproduced forum threads, I thought I would join in:

1. Tera also has a cash shop, and an optional subscription model. it's been going strong for 4 years. I see no issue. f2p games are not a charity case, that is just you being selfish. It's called free-to-play, not free-to-have-everything

2. Sure, outfit price is a tad overpriced, but considering the detail it's not THAT bad. be glad this isn't Dragon Nest, where costumes come in pieces and cost a grand total of 25 dollars for a PERMANENT version of every piece. (yes, there are limited-time versions of every costume. they will still cost you 10 dollars. Also your assumption that costumes don't require time and effort is hilariously misguided.

3. I will agree that outfits not being account-bound is dumb for the price. I believe NC is looking into giving us a consumable allowing infinite account trading of the costume it is used on (hey, it's something). I will again compare this to Tera, where they do NOT have account-bound costumes and have no plans to do so. it's been 4 years.

4. yes, bots and gold sellers are inexcusable, but by the looks of it NC has taken more action than Trion did for Archeage, so we'll eventually forget that bots and gold sellers were an issue.

5. While 7 days is a bit ridiculous, it's there as a countermeasure against various things: mat farming, bots (though they just make new accounts anyways)

All of you people replying are such meanie heads! That's another problem with the game! Why don't I have the right as a f2p to complain about optional things I have to pay for! So what! If I don't want to pay for it I shouldn't have to Hello.

Customization should be a free thing or at least cheap! If the company really needs to make money they can make the costumes $1 each. Or maybe $.50 depending on how much it covers up your toons body. There are other options!

I have played TERA and every other mmorpg since 1995. There hasn't been such drastic measures to drain people of their hard earned cash! My head is spinning woah!

Why should I have to grind for anything? If I want it then I should get it and it would also be nice to get it instantly, thanks!

I don't care for your poorly written, laughably bad stab at being clever.  Articulation is clearly not your strong point.  The gaming industry is as it is today because of people like you who defend their every action.  *cricket* NCSoft Defense Force, I swear.

There was once a day when huge swaths of gamers were livid when Bethesda tried to sell $.99 horse armour.  Now, we slather praise thick unto publishers and devs when they occasionally see fit to accord us the dignity and respect we deserve.  "Oh, hey, Nexon didn't kick my dog and shit on my cereal this morning, I'd better write five Kotaku articles about how awesome Nexon is!  Remember to like and share!"  What the hell happened.

Cancer, go away.

1 minute ago, Onene said:

I don't know who I'm more disappointed with, op or 90% of the replies in this thread.

To be fair, one has to be quite bored to use elaborate hyperbole to make the critics of a game look stupid... either that or he works for NC. ;)

7 minutes ago, gourmetcookie said:

Why should I have to grind for anything? If I want it then I should get it and it would also be nice to get it instantly, thanks

I totally agree. In fact, there should be instant max lvl boosters in the cash shop already. 

Lol 1, 2, and 3 are kinda stupid. 4 and 5 i can agree with. You forgot the rng boxes though, the only thing im mad about is the rng boxes :D i dont mind paying cash for outfits nor do i mind them being character bound. 

7 minutes ago, gourmetcookie said:

Bump! I weep the future for bns!!!! I would have bought a founders pack to support if it had come with a free new computer or PRO gaming tablet at the very least!!! But NO so I didn't

Cancer, go away.

1 hour ago, gourmetcookie said:

Hello fellow BNS peepers! Along with the many other people crying about everything I thought I would join in and explain why I believe BNS is going down a landslide as if it were Mama June at a water park!

Reason Number 1:  -snip-

Reason Number 2: -snip-

Reason Number 3: -snip-

Reason Number 4: -snip-

Reason Number 5: Because its my moronic uninformed, biased opinion and I'm a phucking mongoloid, backward, street dwelling neanderthal that has less brain cells than a used garden hose.

Those are the majority of what I think! Basically what I want to know is, who came up with all of these ideas and aren't servers supposed to support themselves? NCsoft is a large enough company!!!!

PS: I am currently functioning with half a brain. Please forgive my poor reasoning and/or failed attempt at trolling.

Its all good, you're forgiven.

59 minutes ago, gourmetcookie said:

All of you people replying are such meanie heads! That's another problem with the game! Why don't I have the right as a f2p to complain about optional things I have to pay for! So what! If I don't want to pay for it I shouldn't have to Hello.

Customization should be a free thing or at least cheap! If the company really needs to make money they can make the costumes $1 each. Or maybe $.50 depending on how much it covers up your toons body. There are other options!

I have played TERA and every other mmorpg since 1995. There hasn't been such drastic measures to drain people of their hard earned cash! My head is spinning woah!

Why should I have to grind for anything? If I want it then I should get it and it would also be nice to get it instantly, thanks!

If you want it, you pay for it. It's as simple as that. Don't complain about something you want

And I really can't believe you said that costumes take milliseconds to make. I guess the game was also made in a few hours as well. Thinking something is easy to do when you have no experience in it (which is obvious by your statement) is just complete disregard for actual work.

Archived