This game went from 100 to 0 Real quick!

wishery7

Just a thought about 'developers need to make money'. Yes it is true that developers do indeed need to make money out of this free to play game, but do they really have to do so by selling the same thing to the same customer every time? Instead of forcing the customer who just loves the "secret agent" costume to buy it 3 times, one for each of his or her three characters, isn't it better to create better costumes for that user to love and buy? Of course there will be some who will say that it's unreasonable to ask for some more from developers but is it really? The rule of business is that you're paid based on the quality and effort you placed in your products, so isn't it only right that we ask for more when we feel that we're paying too much for too little? Since when did society in general began contented with buying the same thing over and over and then expected to be grateful? Is it really that hard to make better costumes to sell instead of pissing off majority of your fanbase with Character bound rules and "gacha" system? 

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, KyoukoSuehara said:

Just a thought about 'developers need to make money'. Yes it is true that developers do indeed need to make money out of this free to play game, but do they really have to do so by selling the same thing to the same customer every time? Instead of forcing the customer who just loves the "secret agent" costume to buy it 3 times, one for each of his or her three characters, isn't it better to create better costumes for that user to love and buy? Of course there will be some who will say that it's unreasonable to ask for some more from developers but is it really? The rule of business is that you're paid based on the quality and effort you placed in your products, so isn't it only right that we ask for more when we feel that we're paying too much for too little? Since when did society in general began contented with buying the same thing over and over and then expected to be grateful? Is it really that hard to make better costumes to sell instead of pissing off majority of your fanbase with Character bound rules and "gacha" system? 

Sure you are right of course btw did you know Secret Agent drops ingame?

It's pretty easy to farm solo:

http://bns-fashion.com/secret-agent/

i got it on my 20th try or so.

6 hours ago, Relott said:

op makes well thought out and articulated post

first replies are shills who can't handle criticism of their favorite anime mmo

sasuga

I don't even like this game that much. I'm waiting for Tree of Savior.

But I'm not NCSoft - my job isn't to convince players to stay and play. I could give less of a hoot if people were leaving.

The thread wasn't that well thought out, however. It was just perspective. 

On 2/4/2016 at 11:15 PM, wishery7 said:

Thanks to the people who support a revised hongmoon store. Together we will make more of an impact, especially if we combine our reasons as to why some things need to be changed. 

I really don't understand why some people get angry at me for addressing legitimate concerns dealing with our money. All i want is a fair system which doesn't make players feel guilty after the fact.

because many players dont know what being critical about something you love is

they are just the blind cheeple im not leaving but you had some legitimate concerns i agree with

@OP

you already spent 80 bucks. that's a win for ncsoft. no matter if you leave now or not. that's how business works nowadays. tease and hype so people invest into a "good" game and then just *cricket* everything up and take the cash already earned. drop the game later on.

as if any NCSoft member would listen to threads in this forum and change anything...

On 04/02/2016 at 9:58 PM, Lexter said:

So usual answer. And so stupid answer as well. I read this like thousand times.

I swear i read somewhere that they are adding something regarding the availability of outfits for all your chars , i mean this should be standard .

poor form from NCsoft on that one.

3 minutes ago, dEEkAy2k9 said:

@OP

you already spent 80 bucks. that's a win for ncsoft. no matter if you leave now or not. that's how business works nowadays. tease and hype so people invest into a "good" game and then just *cricket* everything up and take the cash already earned. drop the game later on.

as if any NCSoft member would listen to threads in this forum and change anything...

they do tough just like they did with wildstar and gw2 and if you talking about city of heroes its just one game

On 2/4/2016 at 5:01 PM, wishery7 said:

I bet you play this game strictly free.

I am confused. Is this somehow a bad thing? Playing a F2P game for free? You ever hear the expression "The best things in life are free"? Its a good one. Especially for people who don't have $80 to spend on a game before even hitting max level.

I expect that whatever cash flow analysis they have done has convinced them that they will make the most money with the model they have chosen.  My personal take, however, is that at the current price for cosmetic items, with them only being available for one character, I will buy none at all.  I have a tendency to change characters, especially when I am just learning a new game.  If they were cheaper and bind on account, I would likely buy some.  Loss to NCSoft.  I have no idea if my position is a minority or majority, but unless outfits become bind on account, I expect to spend very little money on them, if any at all.

On 2/4/2016 at 3:51 PM, wishery7 said:

So many small things completely wrong! The shady business practices put upon this game is slowly killing it for me. The fact that outfits are EXPENSIVE and cannot be used between your OWN characters just shows how out of touch NCSOFT is! 

The fact that paid items are treated and regarded as any old plain items does not encourage me to continue to buying items. It's very discouraging that players have to decide whether they keep there characters forever, delete the character (and the money spent on it), or just spend more money on slots. You're doing everything to push me away from this game.  

Imagine this for a second... Buying a costume (especially holiday costumes) and it could be swapped around on all of your toons because you paid premium *cricket*ing price for it :)

The fact that the game's mechanics appear to be based around the hongmoon store, and the hongmoon store is expensive and unfair.... I digress (trying to make this short)

-Other things i dont like about this BnS-

-7 Days deletion period is screaming you want people to buy slots (Do you think all of your customers are this stupid). Many popular mmorpgs don't do this and Final fantasy 11 a relic mmorpg had a system where deleted characters could be recovered before 1 year. I find it hard to believe a game as big and new(in the west) as BnS can't compete with that.

-My first time crafting, my first day.. Took me about 3-4 hours to get my first basic items.... (Of course hongmoon store)

-Don't like how NCSOFT might charge us so we could use our paid items across our characters we own.... This makes no sense! If you make microtransactions for nearly every aspect of the game you're going to lose a lot of people (especially the ones who are buying your expensive unfair items) to other upcoming mmos.

-Warlock items taking up my % chance pretty much also encouraging players to buy special keys....

-Is it a necessity to only release expensive clothing? And why is the only cheap(lol) one is 800 NCOINs and it's pretty much copy and paste from a free version just a different color?

- The insane amount of bot spam. I have played a lot of mmorpgs, and i never had to block over 10 bots per minute. This is absolutely crazy, i actually made a chat just for party, local, and clan. So i'm very limited in the social aspect of the game. 

-If the devs plan on releasing new content in the hongmoon store, why should players have to dwell on things they already bought? It should be once you purchase this item/costume, you can look forward to the future content(costumes), but you cant at the moment. 

I'm apart of the small percentage of players that purchases items in F2P. I believe i already spent over 8WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, HIC WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA SNIFFLE SNIFFLE SOB

i really wish they would make this game pay to play to get rid of people like this lol

this is the most entitled game community ive ever seen in my life, and ive played Tera Online.

damn millennials

I spent around 50§ on this game and haven't spent a § more since a week back now when i started to occure bugs that started to annoy the hell out of me, like AH bugs, can't buy or sell items without getting errors.

The insane bad performance it gives me for the PC spec i have. I haven't even reached max level becuase it's given me a bad taste already.

I have a 43 destroyer and 41 KFM.

Not spending a cent more until i see improvements. 

2 minutes ago, Aimscoes said:

I spent around 50§ on this game and haven't spent a § more since a week back now when i started to occure bugs that started to annoy the hell out of me, like AH bugs, can't buy or sell items without getting errors.

The insane bad performance it gives me for the PC spec i have. I haven't even reached max level becuase it's given me a bad taste already.

I have a 43 destroyer and 41 KFM.

Not spending a cent more until i see improvements. 

True - while I haven't spent any money on the game yet at all, I certainly will not do so until some things are changed/optimized. Right now, I can't even play dungeons properly because of lag and stuttering, so I basically quit after I got the dash costume...

I have to say trying to read trough this whole thread gave me moments that my eyes glazed over...
That said although the OP makes some good points BUT take some things into account also.

First point somebody on Reddit pointed this out most of our Asian counterparts  AKA other regions love to P2W.

So they buy that stuff a lot and generate a income for the devs to make more content.

For example (and I over simplify it) 50% they sell is P2W, 50% is cosmetics.

We westerns dislike P2W, by that definition we create a cash flow shortage of 50% income. (see were I am going?)

So prices here in the west will have to compensate for that.

Does that make for a valid argument Yes and No It al depends on what did NCsoft west had to do to Westernize BnS purely from a cost point of view.

But that the prices would be higher then the other regions for this simple reason.

Yes I can understand that.

Should I like that? No but it's kinda a fact of life.

Second point, account width stuff (AKA costumes)

Here are a few problems with that some costumes are race bound so those will be a problem.

But and I think that is the biggest idea behind it.

If you have 2 characters and the shop sells 10 costumes and they where account bound all you would buy are 10 costumes.

But if you have to buy all 10 again.... because they are not account bound....

They would make a lot less money to develop the game.

So they will not be in a hurry to change this, from a business point of view.

Do I like the idea no of course not, do I understand it YES

Third Point Premium...

This one yeah I think they got it wrong in some places.

Paying for more benefits I have no problem with, like faster level, more storage and more.

But they missed the boat on other benefits.

By putting the wardrobe behind a paywall is not totally wrong, but then give the free players limited amount of slots say 25 slots.

Give premium members a 10% discount on the hongmoon store.

Just make it worthwhile to go premium.

RNG boxes are a fact of gaming life, I don't like them either.

But at the same time I say don't like them don't buy them plain and simple.

Everything is plain economics.

I am sure each NCsoft region has to generate it's own income to survive.

How they do it is up to them.

At the moment as it stands now NCsoft west... sorry it is flawed.

I am not saying stuff as this game will die no it will not go that easy, but you guys could have made better decisions.  

7 minutes ago, Silverwolvie said:

I have to say trying to read trough this whole thread gave me moments that my eyes glazed over...
That said although the OP makes some good points BUT take some things into account also.

First point somebody on Reddit pointed this out most of our Asian counterparts  AKA other regions love to P2W.

So they buy that stuff a lot and generate a income for the devs to make more content.

For example (and I over simplify it) 50% they sell is P2W, 50% is cosmetics.

We westerns dislike P2W, by that definition we create a cash flow shortage of 50% income. (see were I am going?)

So prices here in the west will have to compensate for that.

Does that make for a valid argument Yes and No It al depends on what did NCsoft west had to do to Westernize BnS purely from a cost point of view.

But that the prices would be higher then the other regions for this simple reason.

Yes I can understand that.

Should I like that? No but it's kinda a fact of life.

Second point, account width stuff (AKA costumes)

Here are a few problems with that some costumes are race bound so those will be a problem.

But and I think that is the biggest idea behind it.

If you have 2 characters and the shop sells 10 costumes and they where account bound all you would buy are 10 costumes.

But if you have to buy all 10 again.... because they are not account bound....

They would make a lot less money to develop the game.

So they will not be in a hurry to change this, from a business point of view.

Do I like the idea no of course not, do I understand it YES

Third Point Premium...

This one yeah I think they got it wrong in some places.

Paying for more benefits I have no problem with, like faster level, more storage and more.

But they missed the boat on other benefits.

By putting the wardrobe behind a paywall is not totally wrong, but then give the free players limited amount of slots say 25 slots.

Give premium members a 10% discount on the hongmoon store.

Just make it worthwhile to go premium.

RNG boxes are a fact of gaming life, I don't like them either.

But at the same time I say don't like them don't buy them plain and simple.

Everything is plain economics.

I am sure each NCsoft region has to generate it's own income to survive.

How they do it is up to them.

At the moment as it stands now NCsoft west... sorry it is flawed.

I am not saying stuff as this game will die no it will not go that easy, but you guys could have made better decisions.  

Excuses Excuses still u missed many another  major mistakes NCsoft did..... Cause players(excusers) like you mmorpgs  dying like flyes.....

Its cheap money grab at this stance and nothing more. I just dont see any effort put to game from NCsoft only give me money part if u want to compete......( iam 45lvl full pve set. siren weapon not low lvl)  PS: u cant excuse sold boxes that some players already are prepared for lvl 50 legendaries just from them....

On 2/4/2016 at 3:53 PM, Trinket said:

Peace, dude.

its people like these fanboys that I enjoy seeing. They are rude, and kick people out and in a few months later they quit because "No one plays anymore" and they wonder why. Ahahaha fanboy weebs are everywhere nowadays!

They have to make money some how. I guess with costumes being bound to a character,  you really need to think long and hard about whether you'll be keeping that character for the long haul first before buying them. The lucky boxes are my biggest concern. That's usually the first signs of a f2p game dipping it's toes into a p2w model to test the players' response. If enough rich kids buy them, they'll just start popping up in more and more flavors until it's 100% p2w.

Just now, Anrothan said:

its people like these fanboys that I enjoy seeing. They are rude, and kick people out and in a few months later they quit because "No one plays anymore" and they wonder why. Ahahaha fanboy weebs are everywhere nowadays!

Which would be nice if I liked the game past average.

TL;DR version from previous posts: waiting for Tree of Savior, I have no obligations to keep people in the game playing, why do I need to be responsible for the game's PR.

Calm down.

2 minutes ago, Takao said:

Excuses Excuses still u missed many another  major mistakes NCsoft did..... Cause players(excusers) like you mmorpgs  dying like flyes.....

Its cheap money grab at this stance and nothing more. I just dont see any effort put to game from NCsoft only give me money part if u want to compete......( iam 45lvl full pve set. siren weapon not low lvl)  PS: u cant excuse sold boxes that some players already are prepared for lvl 50 legendaries just from them....

This is why my eyes glazed over in this thread.

Nothing constructive here...

I made some valid points with out personally flaming anybody.

Words like money grab without valid points to back that up.. are just plain useless.

Good or bad NCsoft is no charity organisation, they are in for it for the money.

You can argue they in for the quick buck sure, a fast return is good business.

You either like it or not!

I never said I liked it what they doing but that does not mean I do not understand it.

I rather change there mind constructive then being a *cricket*ing troll.  

6 hours ago, Airtaz said:

The almost perfect Free to play models are already out there... 

MMO -> Tera (This model is truely unbelievable)

AARPG -> Path of Exile

That's nonsense.

Without premium exclusive stash tabs you can't even hold a fraction of your currency in POE. Imagine having gold in stacks of 1 silver, it's THAT BAD. Then you have maps , divination cards, alternate gear, skill gems, chaos recipe storage and this doesn't even remotely touch storage for trading. You're looking at 30 bucks minimum to see and dip your toes into endgame.

On Tera doe. I haven't got the patience to reach endgame and see the impact of the IM, the games Scaleform UI reduces my FPS by 290 so it's strictly unplayable , Unless I play with no UI Kappa. From what I remember though , Tera has IM exclusive dungeons. Then you have the rigid and shallow skill system.

On 4.02.2016 г. at 11:51 PM, wishery7 said:

So many small things completely wrong! The shady business practices put upon this game is slowly killing it for me. The fact that outfits are EXPENSIVE and cannot be used between your OWN characters just shows how out of touch NCSOFT is! 

The fact that paid items are treated and regarded as any old plain items does not encourage me to continue to buying items. It's very discouraging that players have to decide whether they keep there characters forever, delete the character (and the money spent on it), or just spend more money on slots. You're doing everything to push me away from this game.  

Imagine this for a second... Buying a costume (especially holiday costumes) and it could be swapped around on all of your toons because you paid premium *cricket*ing price for it :)

The fact that the game's mechanics appear to be based around the hongmoon store, and the hongmoon store is expensive and unfair.... I digress (trying to make this short)

-Other things i dont like about this BnS-

-7 Days deletion period is screaming you want people to buy slots (Do you think all of your customers are this stupid). Many popular mmorpgs don't do this and Final fantasy 11 a relic mmorpg had a system where deleted characters could be recovered before 1 year. I find it hard to believe a game as big and new(in the west) as BnS can't compete with that.

-My first time crafting, my first day.. Took me about 3-4 hours to get my first basic items.... (Of course hongmoon store)

-Don't like how NCSOFT might charge us so we could use our paid items across our characters we own.... This makes no sense! If you make microtransactions for nearly every aspect of the game you're going to lose a lot of people (especially the ones who are buying your expensive unfair items) to other upcoming mmos.

-Warlock items taking up my % chance pretty much also encouraging players to buy special keys....

-Is it a necessity to only release expensive clothing? And why is the only cheap(lol) one is 800 NCOINs and it's pretty much copy and paste from a free version just a different color?

- The insane amount of bot spam. I have played a lot of mmorpgs, and i never had to block over 10 bots per minute. This is absolutely crazy, i actually made a chat just for party, local, and clan. So i'm very limited in the social aspect of the game. 

-If the devs plan on releasing new content in the hongmoon store, why should players have to dwell on things they already bought? It should be once you purchase this item/costume, you can look forward to the future content(costumes), but you cant at the moment. 

I'm apart of the small percentage of players that purchases items in F2P. I believe i already spent over 80 bucks, but i stopped buying after reaching lv 38 and realzing how unfair and greedy this system is. I challenge an NCSOFT employee to look at my purchase history, and see the gap between my lvs and purchases.

I spent more money in beta because the game just seemed so awesome, but now after playing through everything... i'm starting to get turned off. I'm going to wait a few months before i leave blade and soul for good, if these people don't learn or read complaints about their own game then i don't feel valued as a costumer. It would be a shame to lose a significant portion of your paying customers because of how unfair and expensive the hongmoon store is. I cut things really short, but these are my main concerns. 

Blade and Soul has a lot of potential to compete and stay thriving in the west if they revise their business practices. But for right now.. I'm just playing because i want to feel like i did not waste my money on a game that is outright making a disgusting name for microtransactions. It's 2016, NCSOFT is not new in the mmo market, and they don't know how to do microtransactions correctly? 

How the devs handle things during the coming months will determine if this game is honestly worth my time, effort, and money. Really sad how i feel like we are going to be ignored. And if we are ignored then i'm just done with NCSOFT and i'll be done with BnS too (especially after buying premium price wildstar). And if Black Desert is just as fun as BnS in combat and less greedy in their practices you can bet 100% i'm out of this mess in a heartbeat. I'll spend my money where it is appreciated! When players buy items it like getting spit in the face and then you feel guilty for buying it.

If you delay these problems during the west first impressions of BnS then you can kiss a lot of potential customers goodbye..

It's just a game , stop taking it so seriously ?

Archived