This game went from 100 to 0 Real quick!

wishery7

One thing is for sure, the players who spent some serious cash ultimately feel guilty in the end, and then the free base players attack those people not realizing that only a small percentage of players spend cash in f2p games. The people who are giving the devs money to continue making quaity content. Our voices should not be muted because of some ignorant bonehead who can't even concoct a proper argument.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Enamour said:

All good. I respect the fact that not everyone will be happy with things and then there are other things I'm just like "hmm I actually agree with this person". I personally think a lot of players at this point had so much hype or such a positive experience on and now just feel completely...let down. I'm actually quite sure half the people that make just a complaint thread aren't as frustrated IRL as they seem on forums but a mix of issues + snarky and/or replies that don't seem to go anywhere just adds to tension.

Honestly I really do wish I were a GM so I could at least give SOMETHING (hell even if its like a free gem hammer or something) to make players a bit happier overall.

<3 If the initial responses against my argument were like yours i think this could have been a lot more constructive. People responding to me as if i verbally assaulted their mothers. When i just want to see a fair hongmoon store, and somehow people think when i say fair they think i mean remove... Especially coming from someone like me who has spent almost 100 bucks on this game already..

All im saying in these simple words is that. If we are being charged premium price for these costumes, i expect them to be treated special and be account bound. I don't understand why some people are getting angry at me for saying this! If they charged us less than i wouldn't be here complaining. Especially because NCOINS can only be bought in increments which makes items even more expensive especially if you buy more than one costume. 

And i want to look forward to upcoming costumes, but i am stuck to dwell on the ones i bought for my other character. So i don't purchase anything anymore and i'm going to wait 2-3months to see how things are handled, that is my resolve.

3 hours ago, wishery7 said:

So many small things completely wrong! The shady business practices put upon this game is slowly killing it for me.

It's shady, but people still spend their money at those shop. I wonder what made those people do it.

I wonder how those keys get into the Auction House without someone buying them from the shop and putting them there, though. Or are those bought from the shop bind on pickup once you buy them? And aren't they kind of a super rare drop from daily boxes? 

3 minutes ago, Spiderbot said:

I wonder how those keys get into the Auction House without someone buying them from the shop and putting them there, though. Or are those bought from the shop bind on pickup once you buy them? And aren't they kind of a super rare drop from daily boxes? 

RNG box keys are tradable. If you just buy them from shop they're bound.

On 2/4/2016 at 4:59 PM, Lunaus said:

I wish people would use the ticket function, I understand the want to post feedback but the general discussion forums usually isn't the best place if you want them to see, especially with the recent flood about the RNG boxes. I think they're avoiding most negative topics.

Well there isn't a suggestion/feedback sub-section on the forums. You'd think NCSoft could at least manage that.  So this is kind of the place for it.

On 2/4/2016 at 5:25 PM, Ryiox said:

I agree, I originally thought it was more worth it than it actually is. I feel like they just took a bunch of features out of f2p in order to annoy you into buying it.

That took Nexxon pricing and SWTOR's Force2Pay system and combined them. I have evaluated the Hongmoon Store and buying NCoins. Right now, safe bet is to spend your money elsewhere. I've paid in to SWTOR, I've paid in to Tera. Hell I've paid in to Scarlet Blade. Played WoW for almost 8 years. So I have no problems in paying in to a game. But after looking over the Hongmoon Store, how it's tied in to everything and the overall bad pricing. I'll not be spending my money here.  That could change is they changed it up and put more focus on the game instead of the store. Running your paying customers with bad pricing and support, is bad for business. Word of mouth is still the most powerful advertisement tool in the world. Disgruntled player, premium or F2P, tell their friends, soon word gets around and NCSoft loses more than just business on BnS. They start losing it everywhere else, as people turn away from their company entirely.

Right now I feel like the Hongmoon Store has a lot in common with 3 other games. SWTOR, Vindictus, and STO.
SWTOR for the If you want it, buy it part of it.
Vindictus, for the overall bad pricing.
Star Trek Online, for the lousy customer service and focus on the cash shop.

On 2/4/2016 at 6:51 AM, wishery7 said:

So many small things completely wrong! The shady business practices put upon this game is slowly killing it for me. The fact that outfits are EXPENSIVE and cannot be used between your OWN characters just shows how out of touch NCSOFT is! 

The fact that paid items are treated and regarded as any old plain items does not encourage me to continue to buying items. It's very discouraging that players have to decide whether they keep there characters forever, delete the character (and the money spent on it), or just spend more money on slots. You're doing everything to push me away from this game.  

Imagine this for a second... Buying a costume (especially holiday costumes) and it could be swapped around on all of your toons because you paid premium *cricket*ing price for it :)

The fact that the game's mechanics appear to be based around the hongmoon store, and the hongmoon store is expensive and unfair.... I digress (trying to make this short)

-Other things i dont like about this BnS-

-7 Days deletion period is screaming you want people to buy slots (Do you think all of your customers are this stupid). Many popular mmorpgs don't do this and Final fantasy 11 a relic mmorpg had a system where deleted characters could be recovered before 1 year. I find it hard to believe a game as big and new(in the west) as BnS can't compete with that.

-My first time crafting, my first day.. Took me about 3-4 hours to get my first basic items.... (Of course hongmoon store)

-Don't like how NCSOFT might charge us so we could use our paid items across our characters we own.... This makes no sense! If you make microtransactions for nearly every aspect of the game you're going to lose a lot of people (especially the ones who are buying your expensive unfair items) to other upcoming mmos.

-Warlock items taking up my % chance pretty much also encouraging players to buy special keys....

-Is it a necessity to only release expensive clothing? And why is the only cheap(lol) one is 800 NCOINs and it's pretty much copy and paste from a free version just a different color?

- The insane amount of bot spam. I have played a lot of mmorpgs, and i never had to block over 10 bots per minute. This is absolutely crazy, i actually made a chat just for party, local, and clan. So i'm very limited in the social aspect of the game. 

-If the devs plan on releasing new content in the hongmoon store, why should players have to dwell on things they already bought? It should be once you purchase this item/costume, you can look forward to the future content(costumes), but you cant at the moment. 

I'm apart of the small percentage of players that purchases items in F2P. I believe i already spent over 80 bucks, but i stopped buying after reaching lv 38 and realzing how unfair and greedy this system is. I challenge an NCSOFT employee to look at my purchase history, and see the gap between my lvs and purchases.

I spent more money in beta because the game just seemed so awesome, but now after playing through everything... i'm starting to get turned off. I'm going to wait a few months before i leave blade and soul for good, if these people don't learn or read complaints about their own game then i don't feel valued as a costumer. It would be a shame to lose a significant portion of your paying customers because of how unfair and expensive the hongmoon store is. I cut things really short, but these are my main concerns. 

Blade and Soul has a lot of potential to compete and stay thriving in the west if they revise their business practices. But for right now.. I'm just playing because i want to feel like i did not waste my money on a game that is outright making a disgusting name for microtransactions. It's 2016, NCSOFT is not new in the mmo market, and they don't know how to do microtransactions correctly? 

How the devs handle things during the coming months will determine if this game is honestly worth my time, effort, and money. Really sad how i feel like we are going to be ignored. And if we are ignored then i'm just done with NCSOFT and i'll be done with BnS too (especially after buying premium price wildstar). And if Black Desert is just as fun as BnS in combat and less greedy in their practices you can bet 100% i'm out of this mess in a heartbeat. I'll spend my money where it is appreciated! When players buy items it like getting spit in the face and then you feel guilty for buying it.

If you delay these problems during the west first impressions of BnS then you can kiss a lot of potential customers goodbye..

I think you may be missing the overall point of not having costumes be account bound.  So far from what I have seen, there is not a lot to keep people spending money on it other than maybe extra bag and character slots.  So the main money maker for the game is going to be cosmetics at least from what I see so far and probably consumables.  If you made it so that costumes were really cheap and account bound, once that money is spent, they are not going to be getting much more.  So far I think it is nice that there is not a lot of stuff you are forced into or have to buy like there are in games like SWTOR that make you not want to play.  That is just my opinion though, I have bought ncoin so far to pay for premium membership.  So just food for thought. 

On 04/02/2016 at 6:14 AM, MechShadows said:

Every game is like this, all costumes are bound to equip, even league of legends "costumes" are like this, otherwise they wouldnt gain money and the game would get shutdown after 1 month, I dont get the OP

Errr your comparison is not even correct at all.  League of legends is not an MMO and you do not need to switch characters around as champions remain the same on your account so you do not need to trade at all.

I agree with the OP and I'll be going F2P as soon as my month is up. I don't even like F2P and have always subscribed in every other F2P MMO but the premium benefits are nearly worthless because NCSoft is greedy and ripping us off compared to their customers in other versions. The daily dash sucks compared to the other versions. The premium benefits require you to spend close to 1000 dollars  to unlock them so that are worthwhile. I've bought 4 outfits and I know I will buy no more because I see NCSoft running this game into the ground so its just a waste of money to invest in it. I can use my limited vault and bag space that NCSoft wants to nickle and dime premium customers into pay a ton of extra cash to expand to store my costumes I like the rest will get vendered if I run out of room. I will be just fine without the wardrobe.

All these chests I have unlocked as premium and its 99.9% of time a small healing tonic. I have almost 500 of them and they are so boring to open I wait until I have dozens of them because I know its just crap. NCSoft can't even give premium members better odds or better stuff.

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 4:57 PM, Zuzu said:

Too hard to read.

Bye, let the door hit you on the way out.

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 4:53 PM, Trinket said:

Peace, dude.

op makes well thought out and articulated post

first replies are shills who can't handle criticism of their favorite anime mmo

sasuga

1 hour ago, Sorcerer21b said:

That took Nexxon pricing and SWTOR's Force2Pay system and combined them. I have evaluated the Hongmoon Store...

Yep, I've played all those games and agree with you 100%. Let's just be glad that the f2p in this game is better than SWTOR, because that's possibly the worst f2p I've ever played.

1 hour ago, NinjaXiga said:

I think you may be missing the overall point of not having costumes be account bound.  So far from what I have seen, there is not a lot to keep people spending money on it other than maybe extra bag and character slots.  So the main money maker for the game is going to be cosmetics at least from what I see so far and probably consumables.  If you made it so that costumes were really cheap and account bound, once that money is spent, they are not going to be getting much more.  So far I think it is nice that there is not a lot of stuff you are forced into or have to buy like there are in games like SWTOR that make you not want to play.  That is just my opinion though, I have bought ncoin so far to pay for premium membership.  So just food for thought. 

If they want to make the costumes character bound, then at least make it cheaper, if not, then make the costumes bound to the account.  The fact that they made it both expensive and only bound to 1 character seem kind of greedy.  

There is not just 1 costume in the cash shop, so I'm not sure what you mean by "not getting much more"  Also, they will always release new costumes, and make money off of those.  

The one thing I don't like is the weapon boxes that drops off of bosses and dungeons,  it feels like the chances of getting the weapon I need to upgrade is lower than the chances of getting weapons for other classes, I'm trying to get the Hujikar dagger and I've opened around 60 chests and got all of the other classes' weapons multiple times other than mine.

I am really tired of the same ol "they need to make money somehow" responses. They already have plenty of ways to make money, things like character storage, premiums (wardrobe is locked from f2p is already bad enough), RNG boxes which alot of people had clearly paid hundreds of dollars for. They even charge money for you to use the freaking mail (which for some reason still don't work, at least for me but thats another issue entirely) and its not like we are asking them to hand the outfits for free, no we are not even asking for reduction in its outrageous price. We are simply asking for those outfits to be account bound and not requiring any addictional bs like the one time purchase exchange crap..

On 2/4/2016 at 4:51 PM, wishery7 said:

I'm apart of the small percentage of players that purchases items in F2P. I believe i already spent over 80 bucks, but i stopped buying after reaching lv 38 and realzing how unfair and greedy this system is

XD after reading this. This is all that really stuck to my mind and all i can do is laugh so loud that you punish yourself.

On 2/4/2016 at 4:51 PM, wishery7 said:

This game has alot of same issues i had with Neverwinter... least not quite that bad, but i'll keep playing until i am not having fun, i'd at least like to see level 50 stuff and the warlock. But i've said my peace in other posts, on what i dislike, my best advice is to come back in 6 months and see whats changed. 

For those who say submitting a ticket is the right way to do it, actually I think the forums are better place and even if you're right I still think posting in the forum is a good idea, for example I wasn't aware of the Taiwanese version compared to ours and I can't help but to think paying for our version is indeed unfair plus some other disadvantages.

Premium user here who redeemed around 16K Ncoins and would love to redeem much more if at least make the stuff from cash store shared between my characters, I for example now refuse to make an alt and play as it cause I don't wanna rebuy everything.

Other then the wardrobe not being account and server wide, I can not agree with any of the OP's gripes.

Bots, sure, but that's just lack of competence from NCSW, rather then a desire to have them around.

If the OP would have complained about EU having gratuitous lag because the servers connect to NA for half the info they need, or if the OP would have complained about the gawd awful localisation and pointless "westernization" , or the potato market with 10 entries / day then sure , i'd have shed a tear too.

But this, I think the OP is just flailing his arms madly because he didn't get an ugly costume out of an RNG box.

On 2/4/2016 at 2:12 PM, Lunaus said:

Nope, never said that.

That's a first because every other game I've played they take feedback through the ticketing system just as they would through the forums. Either way sending it DIRECTLY to them rather than HOPING they see a thread is still what I think is best but again that is my PERSONAL feeling. Feel free to continue with making threads I've already said my peace about it.

What other games that would take feedbacks and actually make change to it? Please tell, that sounds like a good company to me. Maybe I'll check out theirs games.

5 hours ago, NinjaXiga said:

I think you're taking the same shortsighted view that NCSoft are. If costumes were account-bound, MORE people would buy them (Me included) as the sense of what your getting seems worth what you're spending, which results in a positive purchasing experience, which results in repeat purchases and returning customers.

Right now, for the price, a character-bound costume leaves a sour taste in your mouth, meaning that you're LESS likely to buy more. I've said before, there's at least FIVE costumes (Up from four, six now if you count the incoming Valentine's costume) that I *want* to buy. But I refuse to pay the current prices for CHARACTER bound costumes. For people who never get alts, this current system may be fine, but I tend to like alts, and I would like to switch looks between my OWN characters when I feel like it (Again, this would have no effect on people who don't play alts).

NCSoft are LOSING money with the current system. Account-bound costumes will keep the current single-character players happy, but would introduce massive temptation to players who have alts, in a way that would encourage FURTHER spending (Have you seen how many outfits KR has? And we can assume that NA will slowly be playing catch-up getting them all.

Note: I didn't read any of the replies, and only skimmed the first few lines of the original post.

It's funny. Lemmie see how I can phrase this just right.

I also noticed that the queue for non prem is 0 mins. I was tempted to uninstall the free-to-play game altogether when I realized the only way to play this free to play game is by going premium. In its current state I'd say we've come to a "middle"

Cash grab from the unwary? Based on my personal view of all digital cosmetics in MMOs, I would consider myself ****** if I blew that much money on a single cosmetic, let alone multiple cosmetic items. I could only wear one at a time, and when I factor my play time and how much actual use I'd get out of it, the price is no longer "high" as it becomes "astronomical" Well done billion dollar company. Well played.

Archived