This game went from 100 to 0 Real quick!

wishery7

Relax trust me i am new to bns but played a other mmo where if you wanted endgame pvp gear weapon armor shards and plus it to 12 and also the best reborn cards it would cost you around 40-50.00 euro,s dollars in real life  and in that game even a lvl 1 charachter delete took 7 days  and making money in that game was like 300% harder then in bns so this game isnt that bad o and about fashion average fashion set in that game was around 25-30 million in game coins

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, MechShadows said:

Every game is like this, all costumes are bound to equip, even league of legends "costumes" are like this, otherwise they wouldnt gain money and the game would get shutdown after 1 month, I dont get the OP

Yeah, except for Rift, Guild Wars 2, SWTOR, Wildstar...

"Every game is like this" then lists a MOBA. /facepalm Might as well ask for guaranteed, free loot and upgrades as you level up because it's in Call of Duty (Because by your standards every game is like this, amirite?).

17 minutes ago, Drremorre said:

The point of the forums is to discuss issues and game topics about the game in a public setting. Do you think the only use of the forums is to hear a bunch of like mind individuals drone on about how great the game is?

Playing Devil's Advocate, we hear a lot of complaints as well. The same points are reiterated, often without suggestions. Seeing as how this is the internet, the same annoyance you derive from reading about positive aspects of the game are the same annoyances others derive from reading multiple topics about negative aspects. Two days ago, however, I was actually pleased to read these bothersome aspects because people started putting time into their threads instead of just complaining and then going in this circle of back-and-forth about who's right and who's wrong.

In short (and to the point), I still believe it is the manner in which people state their arguments as to the way the general populace will receive it. Seeing as this is contextual based communication, the tone generally comes off whiny, entitled, and overly annoyed by seemingly everything. These threads in this sub-forum usually all go the same way, without any points being made or constructive talk going on. Tone plays a part in this and, as I've just explained in the aforementioned statement, is perhaps why most of the time responses are akin to "bye" or the sort.

If people would actually like to discuss something, it should be stated in a manner that allows it to thrive as such.

Note: Please understand that this is NOT a jab at anyone (or @Drremorre) but rather a wisp of a voice hoping to see more constructive conversations instead of threads upon threads of these endlessly circle-going arguments that bare no food for thought. I don't mind that people out right hate a game I love or hate aspects of it. I am, however, more saddened that these forums have already back-tracked from the progress I saw two days ago from the time of this reply, however.

14 minutes ago, MechShadows said:

Yes they are bound to account and I was saying about League of Leguends... but I bought that "costume"! AND I HAVEO THER ACCOUNT! I WANT A TRASNFER OF COSTUME!" It is the same you are asking, when you buy you should read the description "Bound to equip", and problem solved.

I really don't understand you, i'm sorry.

14 minutes ago, Aquel said:

Not to be negative, but this is a free to play game.  If everyone played for free and no one bought off their store, would the game survive?  Who would pay for the servers, electric bill etc.. to run everything?

Of course they want you to get frustrated with RNG and buy a key off the store or whatever else.  Some will get all their weapons quickly for upgrades, others will burn 50, 100, 200 keys and never get them.  RNG is evil.

The bot spam is out of control and there are a huge list of things they could do to mitigate it.

Crafting I have no comment on as I haven't done any.  Cross account storage would be nice even if it was limited ( Aion for example, or SWTOR ability to mail account locked items to yourself ) 

At this point, they went for biggest bang they believe they could get away with.  If no one buys the outfits, RNG boxes, blue keys off the store, they will maybe lower their prices.  If folks do buy the items though and show that they can make money off it, they won't lower the prices.  They will take a risk down the road and bump the price for a newer costume or whatever.    Basically.. if you don't like it, don't buy it.  If the game makes you that angry, leave for a bit and come back later to see if things have changed.  There are a plethora of MMOs out right now to have fun on, show NC Soft that you are unhappy by giving another company your money.

???? What are you talking about. When did i ask for the hongmoon store to be removed, and yea it is free to play and thats why i included im apart of the small percentage of players who pays for the game so people like you can play it free. 

This is about changing some aspect of the hongmoon store and for a company to gain profit does not need to include microtransactions in everything they do. Look at dota and team fortress, they sell purely cosmetic items and make a serious profit because a lot of items are cheap, account bound/tradeable, and every other aspect of the game is based on having fun. I feel like people like you who open up with the statement "devs need money" have a comprehension problem with the situation no offense. But i did not say anything about removing hongmoon store or making it cheaper.

I'm saying if you''re going to charge us premium price then i want my item to be account bound and regarded as special because i spent a lot of cash on it. I didn't bother reading beyond the first sentence in your post because i feel like you didn't read mine. Especially stating something so irrelevant to what im saying..

12 minutes ago, heavy71 said:

Relax trust me i am new to bns but played a other mmo where if you wanted endgame pvp gear weapon armor shards and plus it to 12 and also the best reborn cards it would cost you around 40-50.00 euro,s dollars in real life  and in that game even a lvl 1 charachter delete took 7 days  and making money in that game was like 300% harder then in bns so this game isnt that bad o and about fashion average fashion set in that game was around 25-30 million in game coins

games like those typically dont last long, have a very small community, or die fast. Whats the name of the mmo that you play, my guess most likely would be correct. Trust me i'm not new to mmorpgs/mmos. 

12 minutes ago, Enamour said:

Playing Devil's Advocate, we hear a lot of complaints as well. The same points are reiterated, often without suggestions. Seeing as how this is the internet, the same annoyance you derive from reading about positive aspects of the game are the same annoyances others derive from reading multiple topics about negative aspects. Two days ago, however, I was actually pleased to read these bothersome aspects because people started putting time into their threads instead of just complaining and then going in this circle of back-and-forth about who's right and who's wrong.

In short (and to the point), I still believe it is the manner in which people state their arguments as to the way the general populace will receive it. Seeing as this is contextual based communication, the tone generally comes off whiny, entitled, and overly annoyed by seemingly everything. These threads in this sub-forum usually all go the same way, without any points being made or constructive talk going on. Tone plays a part in this and, as I've just explained in the aforementioned statement, is perhaps why most of the time responses are akin to "bye" or the sort.

If people would actually like to discuss something, it should be stated in a manner that allows it to thrive as such.

Note: Please understand that this is NOT a jab at anyone (or @Drremorre) but rather a wisp of a voice hoping to see more constructive conversations instead of threads upon threads of these endlessly circle-going arguments that bare no food for thought. I don't mind that people out right hate a game I love or hate aspects of it. I am, however, more saddened that these forums have already back-tracked from the progress I saw two days ago from the time of this reply, however.

so fix the negative or address them? i can legitimately complain about a game i spent money on especially with my background on mmo/mmorpgs if you want me as a paying customer than i should expect better from a "new" game which its main goal is to attract players. 

And if you read what i wrote you would see i stated my reasons why it's wrong! I haven't seen many people give similar reasons.

1 minute ago, wishery7 said:

games like those typically dont last long, have a very small community, or die fast. Whats the name of the mmo that you play, my guess most likely would be correct. Trust me i'm not new to mmorpgs/mmos. 

Not the poster or know which game he's speaking of but I can speak from personal experience that just off the top of my head, PWI and Rappelz come to mind. Both have been going still for over 7 years. Jade Dynasty is pretty bothersome as well.

2 minutes ago, Enamour said:

Not the poster or know which game he's speaking of but I can speak from personal experience that just off the top of my head, PWI and Rappelz come to mind. Both have been going still for over 7 years. Jade Dynasty is pretty bothersome as well.

Never heard of these games and i googled rappelz and read about server merging in 2012. Doesn't sound like it's thriving..

Just now, wishery7 said:

so fix the negative or address them? i can legitimately complain about a game i spent money on especially with my background on mmo/mmorpgs if you want me as a paying customer than i should expect better from a "new" game which its main goal is to attract players. 

I'm not questioning your background. That's irrelavent. I only wish to read things that don't innately come off whiny, and before you get offended, no, I am not speaking about you. I am speaking in general.

To answer your question, I personally rather read someone posting a thread about legit concerns and responding to replies in a manner that doesn't seem so agitated/annoyed. Regardless of what a thread is about, you cannot deny the fact that they usually digress into a back-and-forth argument that lasts 5+ pages and in the end, accomplish nothing, correct?

5 minutes ago, Enamour said:

I'm not questioning your background. That's irrelavent. I only wish to read things that don't innately come off whiny, and before you get offended, no, I am not speaking about you. I am speaking in general.

To answer your question, I personally rather read someone posting a thread about legit concerns and responding to replies in a manner that doesn't seem so agitated/annoyed. Regardless of what a thread is about, you cannot deny the fact that they usually digress into a back-and-forth argument that lasts 5+ pages and in the end, accomplish nothing, correct?

Like i said, my thread on the MGO problem was acknowledged by the PR guy (i can give you link to it), and the next day they did exactly what i said which is disable the store/U.I instead of making us wait like the console gamers when the same bug happened, but i gave them legitimate reasons how to handle it. I would be honored to stop complaining and leave if you give me half the money back which i spent because expensive items should not be handled in this sort of fashion. And reading a lot of complaints online i'm trying to bring in legitimate reasons why it is wrong. 

If i am being restricted/limited in what i can do with premium price virtual items then i expect a fair system which is account bound costumes. 

3 minutes ago, dragoaskani said:

Guess expensive is a matter of opinion. I spent 19.00 on lunch for myself today. I do that every day. Maybe you need a grown up job?

Eating is different from playing. And how could i spend over 80 bucks on a game if i don't have a job. You sound very childish. 

The fact that you compared food which is used to sustained life to a virtual item shows your lack of education. I spent 30 bucks on take out yesterday for me and my friends. And whats your point? 

1 minute ago, wishery7 said:

Eating is different from playing. And how could i spend over 80 bucks on a game if i don't have a job. You sound very childish. 

How is it really all that differnet, I spent $19.00 on one meal that I will shit out in 12 hours. I spend less then that on a costume and have it forever. Logic?

4 minutes ago, dragoaskani said:

How is it really all that differnet, I spent $19.00 on one meal that I will shit out in 12 hours. I spend less then that on a costume and have it forever. Logic?

People like you make me *sigh*

Virtual items are not food, and if you could read im asking for less restrictions on things i bought. So when you bought the food did the cashier take your food out of the bag and handed your food bear handed to you? 

Honestly you make no sense. Here i am bringing in a legitimate concern and your trying to invalidate it because you spend $20 on lunch? I spend more money on games than take out (because i find it hard to believe you spend 20 bucks on lunch everyday and not everyone can do that).

Reading your post you pretty much attack every negative thread. As a matter of fact i think your reasoning/response is the most primitive here and you are nearly reacting on impulses. 

4 minutes ago, dragoaskani said:

I'm trying to invalidate it cause I don't share your concern. Our opinions do not match. Which is fine they don't have to. But just to be clear to NCsoft, I think its fine the way it is.

So all the negative threads you replied with your bullshit all dont concern you so all those people should shut up because the world revolves around you. You have a great character! You intentionally look for bad post to be rude, i complain about problems when they come to me. Really you are out of touch with your own mind.

And no way in hell are you proving anything except showing that you can't handle reason.

14 minutes ago, wishery7 said:

Like i said, my thread on the MGO problem was acknowledged by the PR guy (i can give you link to it), and the next day they did exactly what i said which is disable the store/U.I instead of making us wait like the console gamers when the same bug happened, but i gave them legitimate reasons how to handle it. I would be honored to stop complaining and leave if you give me half the money back which i spent because expensive items should not be handled in this sort of fashion. And reading a lot of complaints online i'm trying to bring in legitimate reasons why it is wrong. 

If i am being restricted/limited in what i can do with premium price virtual items then i expect a fair system which is account bound costumes. 

Then consider your thread constructive. I was simply stating I wish more threads did lol. I should specify that by "you", I did not intend for things to sound like it was calling you out specifically (in case it came off that way).

1 minute ago, gourmetcookie said:

Who has the money to buy an outfit for a f2p game? Ugh they should just give us once a month since we're playing their game after all. That's so rude.

This isnt about buying this is about restrictions

3 minutes ago, Enamour said:

Then consider your thread constructive. I was simply stating I wish more threads did lol. I should specify that by "you", I did not intend for things to sound like it was calling you out specifically (in case it came off that way).

Sorry if i came off hostile, i understand what you're getting at. Like 2/10 complaints are legit. People on here are frustrating me because of the severe lack of their reading comprehension skills. They are confusing restrictions/pricing with buying.... Which really shows how bad our education system is. Believe it or not some people just like to attack negative post because they are white knights and want to believe that this mmo they love is perfect in every way. 

In there own world you cant improve a system, especially if you're not paying for it. I bet some of the people here who are attacking me play the game free. Either that or they are really new to the mmo/mmorpg scene.

I'll still play, I'll even do premium.

I'm done giving NC Soft my money, did it with L2, did it with City of Heroes, did it with Aion

Did it here, only to get the distinct impression that NC Soft doesn't give one iota of a crap about us as players and customers.

I've already put down money on The Division, played the beta, loved it. It's ubisoft but at least they tend not to bend their customers over a barrel.

Just now, wishery7 said:

Sorry if i came off hostile, i understand what you're getting at. Like 2/10 complaints are legit. People on here are frustrating me because of the severe lack of their reading comprehension skills. They are confusing restrictions/pricing with buying.... Which really shows how bad our education system is.

All good. I respect the fact that not everyone will be happy with things and then there are other things I'm just like "hmm I actually agree with this person". I personally think a lot of players at this point had so much hype or such a positive experience on and now just feel completely...let down. I'm actually quite sure half the people that make just a complaint thread aren't as frustrated IRL as they seem on forums but a mix of issues + snarky and/or replies that don't seem to go anywhere just adds to tension.

Honestly I really do wish I were a GM so I could at least give SOMETHING (hell even if its like a free gem hammer or something) to make players a bit happier overall.

Archived