This game went from 100 to 0 Real quick!

wishery7

So many small things completely wrong! The shady business practices put upon this game is slowly killing it for me. The fact that outfits are EXPENSIVE and cannot be used between your OWN characters just shows how out of touch NCSOFT is! 

The fact that paid items are treated and regarded as any old plain items does not encourage me to continue to buying items. It's very discouraging that players have to decide whether they keep there characters forever, delete the character (and the money spent on it), or just spend more money on slots. You're doing everything to push me away from this game.  

Imagine this for a second... Buying a costume (especially holiday costumes) and it could be swapped around on all of your toons because you paid premium *cricket*ing price for it :)

The fact that the game's mechanics appear to be based around the hongmoon store, and the hongmoon store is expensive and unfair.... I digress (trying to make this short)

-Other things i dont like about this BnS-

-7 Days deletion period is screaming you want people to buy slots (Do you think all of your customers are this stupid). Many popular mmorpgs don't do this and Final fantasy 11 a relic mmorpg had a system where deleted characters could be recovered before 1 year. I find it hard to believe a game as big and new(in the west) as BnS can't compete with that.

-My first time crafting, my first day.. Took me about 3-4 hours to get my first basic items.... (Of course hongmoon store)

-Don't like how NCSOFT might charge us so we could use our paid items across our characters we own.... This makes no sense! If you make microtransactions for nearly every aspect of the game you're going to lose a lot of people (especially the ones who are buying your expensive unfair items) to other upcoming mmos.

-Warlock items taking up my % chance pretty much also encouraging players to buy special keys....

-Is it a necessity to only release expensive clothing? And why is the only cheap(lol) one is 800 NCOINs and it's pretty much copy and paste from a free version just a different color?

- The insane amount of bot spam. I have played a lot of mmorpgs, and i never had to block over 10 bots per minute. This is absolutely crazy, i actually made a chat just for party, local, and clan. So i'm very limited in the social aspect of the game. 

-If the devs plan on releasing new content in the hongmoon store, why should players have to dwell on things they already bought? It should be once you purchase this item/costume, you can look forward to the future content(costumes), but you cant at the moment. 

I'm apart of the small percentage of players that purchases items in F2P. I believe i already spent over 80 bucks, but i stopped buying after reaching lv 38 and realzing how unfair and greedy this system is. I challenge an NCSOFT employee to look at my purchase history, and see the gap between my lvs and purchases.

I spent more money in beta because the game just seemed so awesome, but now after playing through everything... i'm starting to get turned off. I'm going to wait a few months before i leave blade and soul for good, if these people don't learn or read complaints about their own game then i don't feel valued as a costumer. It would be a shame to lose a significant portion of your paying customers because of how unfair and expensive the hongmoon store is. I cut things really short, but these are my main concerns. 

Blade and Soul has a lot of potential to compete and stay thriving in the west if they revise their business practices. But for right now.. I'm just playing because i want to feel like i did not waste my money on a game that is outright making a disgusting name for microtransactions. It's 2016, NCSOFT is not new in the mmo market, and they don't know how to do microtransactions correctly? 

How the devs handle things during the coming months will determine if this game is honestly worth my time, effort, and money. Really sad how i feel like we are going to be ignored. And if we are ignored then i'm just done with NCSOFT and i'll be done with BnS too (especially after buying premium price wildstar). And if Black Desert is just as fun as BnS in combat and less greedy in their practices you can bet 100% i'm out of this mess in a heartbeat. I'll spend my money where it is appreciated! When players buy items it like getting spit in the face and then you feel guilty for buying it.

If you delay these problems during the west first impressions of BnS then you can kiss a lot of potential customers goodbye..

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish people would use the ticket function, I understand the want to post feedback but the general discussion forums usually isn't the best place if you want them to see, especially with the recent flood about the RNG boxes. I think they're avoiding most negative topics.

3 minutes ago, Zuzu said:

Too hard to read.

Bye, let the door hit you on the way out.

How cute because i attacked the shady game practices in the game you have to be rude to me for addressing them. I bet you play this game strictly free.

3 minutes ago, Lunaus said:

I wish people would use the ticket function, I understand the want to post feedback but the general discussion forums usually isn't the best place if you want them to see, especially with the recent flood about the RNG boxes. I think they're avoiding most negative topics.

This is a community effort thats why. Do you think they are gonna change everything because i sent them this? I already know how they are going to respond especially reading others peoples tickets and their responses regarding their practices... Other people posted their dislikes so what makes mine different? I'm trying to make this issue a public one because it's about money. Having a one on one chat with a business will not doing anything for you. As a matter of fact players get more reaction from public posts. 

4 minutes ago, Lunaus said:

But there is a problem. If people do this, MCSOFT will do any shit. Mayby send back template answer. Screaming on this place give to people feeling that something will be realy done.

I agree completely. I have three months of sub time, I refuse to buy anything until those three months are up, unless they fix the many problems this game has. I enjoy playing very much, but I refuse to support this blatant cash grab.

Well when it is sent via ticket from everyone who have same or similar gripes it's easier to sort/see rather than it being on the forum to be buried where there isn't 100% chance they'll reply versus them HAVING to reply to you and you have proof past a thread that may or may not be deleted/merged. It's just a suggestion and how I feel, but this is just a temp game for me I'm trying to move away from F2P and go into B2P/P2P models more so I don't necessarily have to deal with this a lot.

Just now, Ryiox said:

I agree completely. I have three months of sub time, I refuse to buy anything until those three months are up, unless they fix the many problems this game has. I enjoy playing very much, but I refuse to support this blatant cash grab.

Yes and i have premium too, it's a very terrible system. At least give premium players a higher drop rate for items because a lot of my premium time has been spent on maintence and grinding on the same mob for hours to days.. just to do it all over again in a second because of how fast the leveling is. Like i said nearly every aspect appears to be based around the hongmoon store. And people who play games freely without buying microtransactions and then make rude comments to people who do really pisses me off too.

2 minutes ago, Lunaus said:

Well when it is sent via ticket from everyone who have same or similar gripes it's easier to sort/see rather than it being on the forum to be buried where there isn't 100% chance they'll reply versus them HAVING to reply to you and you have proof past a thread that may or may not be deleted/merged. It's just a suggestion and how I feel, but this is just a temp game for me I'm trying to move away from F2P and go into B2P/P2P models more so I don't necessarily have to deal with this a lot.

Ummm i'm pretty sure my post which gained attention from the PR guy on MGO3(Metal gear online) allowed us to play the game a bit early when the cash shop was bugged because it gained that much attention with legitimate concerns.  They did exactly what i said too..

2 minutes ago, Drremorre said:

The point of the forums is to discuss issues and game topics about the game in a public setting. Do you think the only use of the forums is to hear a bunch of like mind individuals drone on about how great the game is?

Nope, never said that.

2 minutes ago, Naunet said:

The ticket function is NOT for game feedback... that's to report bugs or other problems one may have while playing.

The OP posted in exactly the right place.

That's a first because every other game I've played they take feedback through the ticketing system just as they would through the forums. Either way sending it DIRECTLY to them rather than HOPING they see a thread is still what I think is best but again that is my PERSONAL feeling. Feel free to continue with making threads I've already said my peace about it.

2 minutes ago, wishery7 said:

Ummm i'm pretty sure my post which gained attention from the PR guy on MGO3(Metal gear online) allowed us to play the game a bit early when the cash shop was bugged because it gained that much attention with legitimate concerns.  They did exactly what i said too..

That's cool, different game/company though. I'll be leaving now. :)

Thanks to the people who support a revised hongmoon store. Together we will make more of an impact, especially if we combine our reasons as to why some things need to be changed. 

I really don't understand why some people get angry at me for addressing legitimate concerns dealing with our money. All i want is a fair system which doesn't make players feel guilty after the fact.

3 minutes ago, MechShadows said:

Every game is like this, all costumes are bound to equip, even league of legends "costumes" are like this, otherwise they wouldnt gain money and the game would get shutdown after 1 month, I dont get the OP

league of legions is not BnS. First of all those are premade characters you are buying clothes for, and secondly they are bound to your account.... 

3 minutes ago, wishery7 said:

league of legions is not BnS. First of all those are premade characters you are buying clothes for, and secondly they are bound to your account.... 

Yes they are bound to account and I was saying about League of Leguends... but I bought that "costume"! AND I HAVEO THER ACCOUNT! I WANT A TRASNFER OF COSTUME!" It is the same you are asking, when you buy you should read the description "Bound to equip", and problem solved.

Not to be negative, but this is a free to play game.  If everyone played for free and no one bought off their store, would the game survive?  Who would pay for the servers, electric bill etc.. to run everything?

Of course they want you to get frustrated with RNG and buy a key off the store or whatever else.  Some will get all their weapons quickly for upgrades, others will burn 50, 100, 200 keys and never get them.  RNG is evil.

The bot spam is out of control and there are a huge list of things they could do to mitigate it.

Crafting I have no comment on as I haven't done any.  Cross account storage would be nice even if it was limited ( Aion for example, or SWTOR ability to mail account locked items to yourself ) 

At this point, they went for biggest bang they believe they could get away with.  If no one buys the outfits, RNG boxes, blue keys off the store, they will maybe lower their prices.  If folks do buy the items though and show that they can make money off it, they won't lower the prices.  They will take a risk down the road and bump the price for a newer costume or whatever.    Basically.. if you don't like it, don't buy it.  If the game makes you that angry, leave for a bit and come back later to see if things have changed.  There are a plethora of MMOs out right now to have fun on, show NC Soft that you are unhappy by giving another company your money.

16 minutes ago, wishery7 said:

Yes and i have premium too, it's a very terrible system. At least give premium players a higher drop rate for items because a lot of my premium time has been spent on maintence and grinding on the same mob for hours to days.. just to do it all over again in a second because of how fast the leveling is. Like i said nearly every aspect appears to be based around the hongmoon store. And people who play games freely without buying microtransactions and then make rude comments to people who do really pisses me off too.

I agree, I originally thought it was more worth it than it actually is. I feel like they just took a bunch of features out of f2p in order to annoy you into buying it.

Archived