Tips for Blade dancer trying to solo blackram narrows?

Gwenia

I am a level 21 blade dancer. I choose a PVE built for my character.

I am trying to solo blackram narrows but it's not as easy as I thought. Any tips or advice you guys can give? Should i level up more?

my weapon is a level 10 hongmong lynblade. 

Easiest way is to level up, It can be done at lower levels, but the time and potions it takes - its not worth it.

I do blackram narrows sometimes daily for the quest reward and the possibility of crafting mats. At lvl 45 -  I sprint through all mobs, only killing the ones that triggers doors to open. It´s like a 4-5 minute run solo.

11 minutes ago, Victorion said:

Easiest way is to level up, It can be done at lower levels, but the time and potions it takes - its not worth it.

I do blackram narrows sometimes daily for the quest reward and the possibility of crafting mats. At lvl 45 -  I sprint through all mobs, only killing the ones that triggers doors to open. It´s like a 4-5 minute run solo.

o: Okay. Yeah, i was thinking about stocking up on potions and thought it wasn't worth it just to get through the dungeon. :// 

I see, wow that's amazing!

hmmm where would be a good place to do some hardcore training before going back to blackram narrows? And what level is decent enough to go back there for soloing? I was thinking maybe 30 or higher 20's. 

5 hours ago, Gwenia said:

o: Okay. Yeah, i was thinking about stocking up on potions and thought it wasn't worth it just to get through the dungeon. :// 

I see, wow that's amazing!

hmmm where would be a good place to do some hardcore training before going back to blackram narrows? And what level is decent enough to go back there for soloing? I was thinking maybe 30 or higher 20's. 

Personally, I can´t play as much as I want to (got work and family) - however I managed to cap fairly easily by doing the main quest and a few sidequest. I didn´t rush it, and the story was more interesting when I wasn´t disturbed by too many blue quests.

You should easily hit lvl 35 within a couple of days, and with some effort even 45. Don´t need to focus too much on upgrading acessories or weapon, most importantly is to get a few good cheap soul shields along the way. Like Golden Deva which is a few levels ahead of you.

I wouldnt really bother with dungeons too much till lvl 40+. You´ll have plenty of time to do dungeons once you cap. 

You're fine the way you are. I was able to beat Blackram Narrows after a few tries.

My personal build before going in contained the following -

Multislash Tier 3 Form 2

Vortex Tier 2 Form 1

Guardian Tempest Tier 2 Form 1

Strategy -

• Prioritize killing off dogs and gunners. The longer they exist, the more they hurt. 
    • The dogs are especially a problem against the first major boss in the dungeon. Take them out or else you will be swamped with blackram soldiers.
  • Use your Darth Vader chokehold to help you get out of a jam, stall for cool down time, do extra damage and regain your meter.
  • Guardian Tempest will be your friend.
    • This is a lifesaver against multiple hits, and especially when it's hard to time your back dashes against the final boss.
  • Vortex will be your second best friend
    • If you lag like I do, opting for the first branch for 400% defense is a great way to mitigate damage, as well as a means of moving around faster (especially a life saver after getting hit by a fiend).
  • Utilize your multislash -> rolling typhoon as much as possible.
    • It's free damage due to 0 energy cost.
  • Learn the boss' patterns.
    • First boss likes to do a normal strike, power strike and into a counter. Make sure to avoid that counter, and you won't take a nasty hit followed by a Tekken-styled chokehold.
    • When you see the final boss in his first form charging up his energy, get ready to use guardian tempest. He will do approximately do 1-3 Juggernaut stomps, followed by the OP grab. The moment you hear him chuckle, use guardian tempest, followed by multislash -> rolling typhoon (if possible), then into your Phantom Grip to help buy you some time to reset your guardian tempest.

If you follow these guidelines, the dungeon is do-able.

I'm unfortunately level 26 at this time, but if you like, I can try to re-enact the scene (same skill tree and everything, and upload it onto youtube).

13 hours ago, Banzatou said:

You're fine the way you are. I was able to beat Blackram Narrows after a few tries.

My personal build before going in contained the following -

Multislash Tier 3 Form 2

Vortex Tier 2 Form 1

Guardian Tempest Tier 2 Form 1

Strategy -

• Prioritize killing off dogs and gunners. The longer they exist, the more they hurt. 
    • The dogs are especially a problem against the first major boss in the dungeon. Take them out or else you will be swamped with blackram soldiers.
  • Use your Darth Vader chokehold to help you get out of a jam, stall for cool down time, do extra damage and regain your meter.
  • Guardian Tempest will be your friend.
    • This is a lifesaver against multiple hits, and especially when it's hard to time your back dashes against the final boss.
  • Vortex will be your second best friend
    • If you lag like I do, opting for the first branch for 400% defense is a great way to mitigate damage, as well as a means of moving around faster (especially a life saver after getting hit by a fiend).
  • Utilize your multislash -> rolling typhoon as much as possible.
    • It's free damage due to 0 energy cost.
  • Learn the boss' patterns.
    • First boss likes to do a normal strike, power strike and into a counter. Make sure to avoid that counter, and you won't take a nasty hit followed by a Tekken-styled chokehold.
    • When you see the final boss in his first form charging up his energy, get ready to use guardian tempest. He will do approximately do 1-3 Juggernaut stomps, followed by the OP grab. The moment you hear him chuckle, use guardian tempest, followed by multislash -> rolling typhoon (if possible), then into your Phantom Grip to help buy you some time to reset your guardian tempest.

If you follow these guidelines, the dungeon is do-able.

I'm unfortunately level 26 at this time, but if you like, I can try to re-enact the scene (same skill tree and everything, and upload it onto youtube).

I'll try this. Yes, if you can do that it will be a big help. :)

Archived