Need help with BM class

Usetheforce

So, I made a blade master and I really liked it in the beginning, but as I progress to higher lvl's  I'm struggling with it....Now, I am pretty new to this game, only have that character and made it to level 24, and now I feel like I don't do enough damage and have a lot less health than other players who are same level, and also that I'm somehow falling behind, it takes me forever to kill some mobs and when I finally do, I have to heal and it takes time and I spend tonics and dumplings....So, my question is can I be helped? How can I improve my gameplay with BM in general, do I need to get some kind of special equipment, soul shield, cloth? I would be very grateful to whom ever can help me progress in this game, and explain how to play it properly

You shouldn't be taking much to any damage at all as a blade master, as you can parry just about everything (red circle abilities still have to be dodged).

For me I leveled mostly with 'tank' in mind and just kind of parried as much as I could while attacking, to minimize damage intake and get used to the idea (since that's primarily why I chose the class).

You can also morph several of your abilities to provide healing to you which helps out if you're still taking damage.

On the 'doing damage' side of things much of that will come from Draw Stance or by doing your stun and launch abilities/combos.

If other players of similar level have more health than you, then your soul shield is outdated. At 24 you should be rocking either the viridian valor set from the viridian stone trader or the purple quality soul shield set out of blackram narrows.

If you feel your damage is lacking, make sure your weapon is up to date(maxed out waiting for a breakthrough/evolution weapon). You should have at least awakened blight sword stage 5 at that level...maybe even stage 10. Keep your accessories up to date as well. If you still feel like you're lacking, look into the skills you're using. Speccing Flock of Blades into Blade Call will give you a very powerful 60 second cooldown to utilize. Another powerful cooldown is speccing your 5 point strike into form 2 which will give you a very high damage skill on a 36 second cooldown. You can also grab Flicker/Lunar Slash stun/daze and combine it with Honed Slash->Dragontongue for some good burst. In general though, most of your damage will come from draw stance, so if you're hanging out in basic stance a lot, try to get into and utilize your draw stance more.

Thank you both for your reply. I definitely have bad soul shield, I wasn't paying much attention to it, and I probably have crappy one....As for my weapon, I'm not sure which one I have, it got breakthrough, but accessories are up to date...I really have troubles with healing and money, since I never have enough those credits to buy tonics and dumplings, or some better equipment for that matter...As for skills, I will take another look on them, so I can get the most of them. Does this game have some equipment and buffs that I should pay attention to?

Soulshields tend to make the biggest difference in terms of your survival while your weapon and accessories tend to affect your damage. You shouldn't really need to use dumplings and tonics at your level, but if you're really struggling, consider picking up acquired taste or silver cauldron for professions and crafting them instead(much, much cheaper than the store). If you need money at your level, you can typically sell sealed plague necklaces for like 2 silver-ish on the market(will differ based on server and time of day). You get them from the Plague Hollow boss.

I have Viridian Valor soul shield set, but I need to uprage my weapon, and I don't have Viridian Poison crafting material...I sold it a while ago since I thought it won't be needed and now I cannot find any, and once that are sold are too expensive :D Any help with that, where can I find some?

Blademaster's main source of damage is usually draw stance -> ani-cancel lmb + rmb.  At higher levels, you do this to get the 5% crit buff from flicker to proc honed's slash critical to reduce flash step CD, so you can use flash step a lot, hopefully 3x.  In blade stance, pierce is the other option to deal damage.  As someone mention blade call + all the DoT skills it provides do amazing damage, should be used for multiple mobs or the start of a boss fight.  For survivability, I would go for tier 2 form 3 block and use it until you are comfortable enough to use blindside or evade to dodge, this usually take practice and timing the monster's movements. 

Equipment at lvl 24, should be blight sword (I believe you should be close to the corrupted sword upgrade too) + viridian valor soul shield(I replace this with golden deva at lvl 29, then stinger[+golden deva] fusion at lvl 33).  Don't worry if other classes do more damage than you, I played a force master and I can say I had an easier time with it than blademaster.  If you need money, I would join a gatherer, recommend tree feller for saps to sell.  

8 hours ago, Usetheforce said:

I just wanna say one big thanks to all of you! Because of your advice I significantly improved my gameplay, and now I can enjoy game without dying all the time. Thank you!

If you wanna kill a single target mob quick; 2 > Q > RMB until you run out of chi > E > LMB for chi. The mob should be dead by now if you crit hard during RMB. If you have 3 points in five strike strike tier 3 form 1, the last hit does a lot of dmg. I'm sitting at lvl 45, and I crit nearly 10k with it. As for the RMB spam, 4-6k crit each hit. 

Archived