Will you quit B&S IF

Ryon

2 minutes ago, Gengar said:

People think it's about the costume when that is actually a very small part of it. RNG boxes are a cash grab to make up for the completely lackluster and worthless Premium (which is actually really nice in other regions), the fact that people aren't convinced about buying costumes if they're not account bound, and other issues like inventory slots behind real money when in other regions these slots can be bought with Premium benefits.

If you want to keep getting nickled and dimed, then by all means buy these boxes to keep supporting a game that treats you like shit. The people buying these boxes are the ones that are completely unaware that the Western version of B&S is just a shell of the nice game other regions have.

I don't get why people are ok with spending money on bad service when you can spend it for the service you deserve. There's an uproar for a reason and the people defending RNG boxes are those that know nothing about how much better other regions treat their paying members (except maybe CN) and that cannot see the bigger issues with the game's business model.

Ironically, the Western release of the game uses some of China's business model, which is P2W and unrewarding.

The whole point of microtransaction is to make money.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Moggie said:

So you're dissatisfied with the fact that they added the outfit to the game? Because it seems like if they hadn't, you could have dismissed it just as easily as my request.

I'm dissatisfied with how they added it, I've stated this several times. At this point it just seems like you're trolling with the way you're picking specific parts of my post to reply to, completely out of context. The rest of the post clearly states "this is in the game, it's understandable to be dissatisfied with the fact that it's locked behind insane RNG". If it wasn't in the game, I wouldn't have seen it in wardrobe and gone "oh hey, that's what I'll work towards". The situation is completely different and can't be compared to your request in the slightest. And that's the last I'm saying on the subject, because it's like speaking to a wall.

2 minutes ago, Sheela said:

I'm dissatisfied with how they added it, I've stated this several times. At this point it just seems like you're trolling with the way you're picking specific parts of my post to reply to, completely out of context. The rest of the post clearly states "this is in the game, it's understandable to be dissatisfied with the fact that it's locked behind insane RNG". If it wasn't in the game, I wouldn't have seen it in wardrobe and gone "oh hey, that's what I'll work towards". The situation is completely different and can't be compared to your request in the slightest. And that's the last I'm saying on the subject, because it's like speaking to a wall.

Well, I was hoping to have a mature conversation. If I was a troll, I don't think I would be so civil. I responded to the topic creator and you responded to me. If you didn't want to talk to me, why did you? I'm not saying it's bad to WANT an item, but rather to feel ENTITLED to an item.

The games free and I actually enjoy the gameplay.  The only thing that would effect is whether or not I buy outfits, and I find a lot of their store stuff overpriced to begin with. 

If they introduce RNG boxes and the don't sell they'll likely revert back to a model that does sell.  If prices are too high and things aren't selling they'll lower them.  The thing about a free to play game is that it's easy to turn things around and convince people to come back if you make a mistake; you don't have to re-convince people to drop $60 or set up a subscription to see if things are more to their liking. 

9 minutes ago, KaiserxKai said:

The whole point of microtransaction is to make money.

The sky is also blue. You missed the entire point of my post,

Please understand that the game has been out for several years in other regions and these regions DO have micro transactions but the difference between them and us is that they are not greedy and actually reward their customers, so they will gladly buy stuff to support the game. People are upset because these boxes are an attempt at getting money from people without actually treating them well. Did you even know that the Wardrobe is FREE in other regions while NA/EU have to pay Premium to have access to it?

Stop paying for bad service and demand that we get good service like the other regions, like Taiwan and Japan. It will make everyone happy in the end, both people opposed to RNG boxes and those in favor because the game will just be better overall (who doesn't want rewards?) and people will want to support a game that treats them right . Right now, anyone who has a clue of what NCSoft is doing is already packing their bags, myself included. I bought a Master Pack and I was willing to spend money but not like this.

2 hours ago, SwiftStylus said:

its about principle, not the fact that it is a costume that doesn't affect gameplay

A principle that you know and agreed to, because YOU choose to spend your money buying the RNG box. No one is going to force you.

EG: NCS isn't doing anything that effect/hurts me, because I would never buy the RNG box.

43 minutes ago, Kitzu said:

well, i guess we will see what they do... can't say i'd quit, but i'd be upset because i am a outfit collector. 

And you need to collect them the day those outfit comes out? Why so many people play this game as they must be able to count the "days" they will play this game?

If you don't like the RNG boxes, wait until they become part of the loot, given away in Daily Dash, or obtainable via some other method.

3 minutes ago, NinjaZombie said:

well they have to make money somehow, and people who buy the boxes fall for it and its only a costume , people need to calm down

That's it you don't seem to care about the outfits so you don't care about the RNG. What if it was a part of the game you like locked behind money and RNG?

14 minutes ago, AttacKat said:

And you need to collect them the day those outfit comes out? Why so many people play this game as they must be able to count the "days" they will play this game?

If you don't like the RNG boxes, wait until they become part of the loot, given away in Daily Dash, or obtainable via some other method.

What game with RNG boxes have you seen put it out in another way later? I have never seen one and if they do the people that spend $100+ to get it will be here yelling louder than we have been. (you want proof go look at one of the threads asking them to sell the outfit from the 1 year sub.)

18 minutes ago, Mekusa said:

That's it you don't seem to care about the outfits so you don't care about the RNG. What if it was a part of the game you like locked behind money and RNG?

well they have to make money somehow, and people who buy the boxes fall for it and its only a costume , people need to calm down

18 minutes ago, Mekusa said:

Well sometimes you can't have everything when it comes to cosmetics

and they wouldn't lock part of the game behind a RNG box, yes costumes is part of the game because some people like to collect them, but Ncsoft have to make there money somehow or we would have no game to play at all, its just a RNG box, its not the end of the world, there is more important things to think about than a RNG box in a game

Well I was giving them money. I didn't need the subscription I'm on a low pop server never had a wait. I bought slots so I can have more than 2 classes I buy keys so I don't have to deal with my bad RNG for the weps to upgrade mine...Friday I had plans to get 2 outfits I wanted when I got my pay check if they needed more money up the sub price it's kinda cheap at $11 anyways. Putting things behind RNG that you pay for is to much.

32 minutes ago, Mekusa said:

What *if* it was a part of the game you like locked behind money and RNG?

NCS NA have stated they will not become P2W. Your assumption there is they switch from F2P to P2W. Then we can talk/complain about that WHEN it happens, not IF it will happen.

3 hours ago, Moggie said:

Why would you quit just because of outfits? Unless they affect gameplay somehow.

Look at mr. smartass over here.

Rng boxes will affect your gameplay eventually. Just because it's just costumes now, doesn't mean it won't be legendaries/gems later on. It's already established on other servers. It's just a matter of when, not if.

1 minute ago, AttacKat said:

NCS NA have stated they will not become P2W. Your assumption there is they switch from F2P to P2W. Then we can talk/complain about that WHEN it happens, not IF it will happen.

I get where you guys are coming from it's not the main game play being hit so who cares but give it time when the OP gems start hitting the boxes (and they will) To people that play for the looks this is the same as that. I'm ok with outfits being luck to get I'm also alright with them being money to get (like that better to be honest) but both hurts when your RNG sucks and you want something.

3 hours ago, SwiftStylus said:

Oh don't worry, many of the paying consumers are now withholding money or leaving altogether until this is fixed. When all the paying customers leave and there are only you guys left, they'll introduce RNG p2w boxes and/or shut the game down because no one is buying their junk and lies anymore.

Proof please.

Time is a precious, finite thing, and if you believe you have worth, then your time has value.  The time you spend playing Blade & Soul could easily be spent playing other games, games with better combat systems, games with better stories, games with better social aspects.  Or time spent actually enriching your life in other ways.

Your money is also valuable.  The $12 - $15 NCSoft is charging for a "costume," which is really closer to a consumable potion, can easily go toward purchasing an entire other AAA game like Fallout: New Vegas Game of the Year edition.  Which is the better value?  Hundreds of hours of gameplay, with an engrossing story and deep character roleplaying or a pile of pixels?

Too many individuals focus only on the price tag itself.  Instead, we should always consider opportunity cost to inform our decisions.

To children, time and money may appear infinite, but to adults, both have great value.  If you think you're worth shit all, then so be it.  Developers and publishers need to treat their players with the dignity and respect we deserve.  Perhaps certain individuals perceive themselves and their time having no value, and are more than willing to roll over; that is how we get Activision.

Archived