Screen shaking effect, please make it stop!

TerraSanctum

The screen shaking on your end way too much lol

I did pay attention on my end and I confirmed that my screen do shake when i criticaled but very small, that's why I didn't notice until i saw this thread :P

I don't have problem with that but the option to turn it off would be good for some other players.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/19/2016 at 7:18 PM, Azseri said:

FM is the worst one for me I had to pretty much bench it weeks ago, my other characters it is just screen shake on crit, FM is on crit but also on every single lmb attack, video below of how much the screen shakes from from spamming lmb+rmb on FM this is what I get constantly every fight, focus on the pillar on the left, looks like a damn earthquake.

Exactly! I also play a FM and its just horrible, when you use Fire Furry or Frost Furry its even worse, the camera shakes like an earthquake with the super fast attacks. This effect is really unecessary and we should be able to disable it.

I saw this thread before and didn't see or realize this effect until I got to later stages with my main. It never dawned upon me why I developed such severe headaches after only playing a few hours doing just dailies.

But ever since my crit rate approached 50ish percent, I've noticed that blasted screenshake and can say with almost 100% certainty that IT is contributing to triggering my migraine headaches. The effect gets even worse doing the 24man dailies with those miniboss kill crit rate buffs X_____X I've turned off most of the "effect" options like blur, etc, but this screenshake thing has to go or at least have the option to disable like other "effects" can be. ;_____;

There are already plenty other fancy camera tricks that happen during the game (e.g. airborne combos and windwalking perspective change) that contribute to immersion that you don't need a shake for every impact. Especially in longer fights it would be great if there was an option to turn it off or the camera will be shaking constantly for a couple minutes which can be really hard to watch while trying to concentrate on the boss mechanics.

Bumping this.

As a Summoner I'm experiencing the screen shaking effect too much for my taste. It's very irritating. It would be nice to have a toggle / activation / deactivation option somewhere in the game's options. If people don't want it, turn it off. If you like it, leave it on, everyone is happy.

Hi,

I don't understand because on the game start in January there actually WAS the option to disable this thing !! Which I turned out immediately so I don't have this trouble anymore. But, someone asked the same question on the FR Forum and I can't find the option anymore !!! I thought, am I blind or something and then found this thread. The option may have disappeared, I don't know why... Hope this will be fixed soon.

In most MMO's i play melee but i really like the FM in this game.  I actually figured out on my own that alternating LMB and RMB appears to increase attack speed since they must not share a GCD or whatevers.  I never noticed the minor screen shaking that this does, or even any other FM attack.  I might have to pay attention to this a lot closer because i've been playing B&S and other games less and less due to headaches.  I also play FO4 and other games on the side and i thought my headaches were coming from those other games but gonna be looking at B&S now.

Funny thing is i've never had issues in the past with games giving me headaches before even though i play a lot.  But over the past few years it seems like more and more games are doing the shaky cam effects to make their games seem more realistic, gritty or artsy (or whatever tf they think they are doing).  Maaaaybe someone has it in their head that they are going to win the Oscar Golden Grammy Globe award for best video graphic screen shake effect in the century or something.  I've actually had to return several steam games just cause i cant play them.  MGS5 gave me headaches, FO4 at first game me headaches but i repurchased the game and am going to try to get through it.  The Tomb Raider reboot gave me headaches and because of that i'm not even going to buy the Rise of the Tomb Raider.

• 1 month later...

Archived