Please NCSoft re-evaluate the wardrobe system!

Anote

Just now, Anote said:

i dont care whether or not they take the Taiwan or the chines or the japanes model as long as i can get proper storage in order to sink more cash into this game.

and regarding the account bound stuff they said in their latest stream that they saw the feedback and told the devs about it and they will work on an item to make easier to transfer stuff between characters. i really do not care much about this because i do not see a problem with not having account wide outfits.... as long as i have storage to store them.

Sorry need to clarify...the weapon skin was a one time use smart box that created the consumable for the class that used it.  Could only get it once...and that forum post had over 100 pages if memory serves.  Nothing was done.  

The likelihood they will do any changes to premium is slim to none at this point.  It will be six months or more before we see any changes if any (as those of us that paid 125 bucks for a skin didn't get any changes that wouldn't 'have affected the game).

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Zarec said:

Sorry need to clarify...the weapon skin was a one time use smart box that created the consumable for the class that used it.  Could only get it once...and that forum post had over 100 pages if memory serves.  Nothing was done.  

The likelihood they will do any changes to premium is slim to none at this point.  It will be six months or more before we see any changes if any (as those of us that paid 125 bucks for a skin didn't get any changes that wouldn't 'have affected the game).

I understand your point but as far as i know the skins and even more are in the store to be bought and consumed again so at least they can be acquired again compared to the masters outfits that were only acquired once.

changing premium is a huge thing to do all at once and doing it in one go is a bad idea in my opinion. they should do changes one at a time just like how other games did (Tera and Guild Wars). So changing just a part of it or one feature at a time wouldn't take that long and should be done in a a month or two and keep rolling the changes with the updates every month.

I would be down with one time purchase or one time purchase with slight in-game money fee to take things out. I don't like the idea of them just making it a flat out free because cosmetics IS SUPPOSED to be what made up their cash shop. So it's understandable that they would want the wardrobe to be purchased. However putting it behind a subscription pay wall? Just feels like I'm being aggressively pushed. 

Just now, Anote said:

I understand your point but as far as i know the skins and even more are in the store to be bought and consumed again so at least they can be acquired again compared to the masters outfits that were only acquired once.

changing premium is a huge thing to do all at once and doing it in one go is a bad idea in my opinion. they should do changes one at a time just like how other games did (Tera and Guild Wars). So changing just a part of it or one feature at a time wouldn't take that long and should be done in a a month or two and keep rolling the changes with the updates every month.

If they do change anything it won't be within the first six months especially since they are trying to push expansions on us quickly to catch us up with K-BNS.  Untill we are caught up I doubt we will see much change.  I'm about rank nine in premium and honestly I would love to go to the taiwan version (it is a better premium than what those of us that actually have premium have).  

I don't think they will listen at this point on time on the wardrobe thing as they couldn't even listen to us who were here from the start.  My suggestion is don't hold your breath.  There was a reason a lot of people refunded their founders packs.

I'm not against against incentive's for players to go premium, but there is little logic behind locking the wardrobe behind premium. The experience, gold, and windwalking related bonuses are completely fine (hell add some more), but punishing players for buying your costumes is an astonishingly poor business decision. While I currently have a sub from my masters pack, I'm extremely wary of even looking at the costumes because I have no intention of staying subbed to this game for the entire time I'm playing it. The wardrobe doesn't change this either since I won't be able to store my costumes when I'm not leveling characters. 

See the problem? I only intend to sub up when I'm leveling characters (poor sub incentives) and because I won't always be subbed, I won't collect outfits since it will affect my inventory space when I'm not subbed. Paying a sub fee to store outfits is absolutely out of the question so in 3 months, I won't be supporting the game because it would be illogical to do so. This business model is anti-consumer and I would be foolish to support ncsoft while they're pursuing it. It's not like I just want a free wardrobe for the sake of putting in free costumes either because I already threw down 180 CAD with the intent to spend a lot more collecting outfits.

Sure there is a decent portion of the player base that will happily pay a sub just to store their outfits but is the amount of money you would generate by milking these individuals enough to justify harming sales from people who just want a couple outfits? I'll be surprised if that's the case.

23 minutes ago, Anote said:

you clearly do NOT know what you are talking about and you dont know how it is at max level. right now i am sitting with a full 2 tabs of bank (all of slots unlocked cause i bought bags) and inventory with all of the outfits and items (gear, consumables, crafting, ect) and it is NOT enough! with this much number of outfits and cosmetics in the game it is impossible to manage storing them in the convenient way that is why Wardrobe is a must! i have over 40 cosmetic outfits with thier respected pieces and there is no space for them all!

i do not call myself a freemium player because I WILL keep paying for stuff that i want in this game whether it be bags or cosmetics or keys or character slots or talent tab expansion or whatever the cash shop will offer, however i refuse to sub because i do not like the whole concept of subscription in ANY game! i rather buy and own stuff to be mine forever rather than having it on a timer until the time runs out which is unfair in my opinion.

I want to buy so many cash outfits right now, i only own the xmas/autumn ones at the moment because i really can NOT buy anymore BECAUSE of no available slots to have them in neither the bag or the bank! my cash is ready for the purchase!

"Wardrobe is a must!  " then be a Premium member. "i refuse to sub" Deal with it then. The game is free, you can stop playing anytime you like, nobody owes you the wardrobe, you choose to buy certain things for convenience but refuse to buy others and want them to be free. And yeah you're right I have no idea what it is to be a hoarder, I bought the wardrobe and closing in on max level with only a third of my vault used and my inventory always clean. Maybe you should drop some outfits as they do nothing for you except look pretty.

In a way, they really shoot themselves in the foot by locking wardrobe behind premium. It isn't enough of an incentive to put costumes in the world that can be farmed. People will either farm the one they want and wear it, or bank something precious and make room somehow if they don't want to deal with a sub.

They could have gone the route of having it open to everyone, and encourage purchases of wardrobes that way in the store. A free player who doesn't have a place to store wardrobe items is less likely to go around and buy costume pieces if they haven't got a place to put them. The additional inventory slots (which I unlocked some on my "main") are cost prohibitive in general, the value really isn't there if you play more than one character, at least to me. And I typically do hoard -- I'd rather get rid of things than pay the prices for the storage in this game, which says something, and I've already invested a great deal.

If they open it up to everyone, adjust store content variation and value (for me personally I'd need to be able to leverage it across 7 or 8 characters somehow), they could always add a money sink aspect to it too for the f2p player -- and make it cost ingame currency to deposit and withdraw wardrobe items. Free to use doesn't have to mean work-free.

However, at this point, I'm finding the premium benefits entirely lackluster. I find the lack of distinction among the tiers disheartening, I find the relative value of the benefits shrinking as I level my alts -- and as much as I enjoy the game, more so than other games at this time, relative value matters when I look at it as an investment over  3-6-9 months of time. It's easier to pull out now, consider it a sunk cost, and spend LESS total money and go spend it elsewhere based on the model presented.

I'm not cheap, I just have better options -- and that is NCSoft's business decision. As someone who enjoys the game, instead of just leaving, I take the time to tell them that they could be providing better value relative to the competition. If they don't want me in their market share pie slice, then it's their call.

3 minutes ago, Diddums said:

"Wardrobe is a must!  " then be a Premium member. "i refuse to sub" Deal with it then. The game is free, you can stop playing anytime you like, nobody owes you the wardrobe, you choose to buy certain things for convenience but refuse to buy others and want them to be free. And yeah you're right I have no idea what it is to be a hoarder, I bought the wardrobe and closing in on max level with only a third of my vault used and my inventory always clean. Maybe you should drop some outfits as they do nothing for you except look pretty.

You clearly are ignorant and do not know how others play. many players have different play-style. there is no one standard way to play the game. you have the hardcore players who farm end game content, you have the PvPers who only do arenas and PvP for ranking, and then you have the collectors who play the game to collect items whether it be cosmetics or crafting or even hunt for rare drops.

I do not want to stop playing the game because i enjoy it a lot in here and i want to continue! i want to support the game by giving them my cash for their cosmetics but not having a wardrobe is blocking me from doing so. Subscription is not convenience its an unfairness! i want to OWN things not have them on a subscription/timer. i am also willing to even give them 60$ for the ******* wardrobe to be owned rather than having it on subscription!

2 minutes ago, Anote said:

You clearly are ignorant and do not know how others play. many players have different play-style. there is no one standard way to play the game. you have the hardcore players who farm end game content, you have the PvPers who only do arenas and PvP for ranking, and then you have the collectors who play the game to collect items whether it be cosmetics or crafting or even hunt for rare drops.

I do not want to stop playing the game because i enjoy it a lot in here and i want to continue! i want to support the game by giving them my cash for their cosmetics but not having a wardrobe is blocking me from doing so. Subscription is not convenience its an unfairness! i want to OWN things not have them on a subscription/timer. i am also willing to even give them 60$ for the ******* wardrobe to be owned rather than having it on subscription!

They could have gone the route that china does...30 day outfits.  That would solve the inventory problems people seem to be having and that is a real possibility so be careful bout what you wish for.

Game companies are notorious for giving you what you want....but not how you envisioned it.  Its really bloody annoying.  They personify the concept "careful what you wish for".

Just now, Anote said:

"You clearly are ignorant" Clearly, because I said my way was the correct way to play right?  Irony. I said stop hoarding if you can't afford to, you apparently refuse to pay for the wardrobe hence you have no right to complain when then. It's a free game, as I said if it's such a huge problem then don't play, "I do not want to stop playing" well deal with what you have, if they give the wardrobe to free to play then fine, but stop acting entitled when you're already enjoying the game without a sub. 

" Subscription is not convenience its an unfairness! " You mean it's unfair to pay for convenience? Yeah how horrible for you to go without some petty extra exp and a copper coins here and there, better not forget that sweet dazzling windwalk animation oooh that's the bee's knees.

5 minutes ago, khynnea said:

In a way, they really shoot themselves in the foot by locking wardrobe behind premium. It isn't enough of an incentive to put costumes in the world that can be farmed. People will either farm the one they want and wear it, or bank something precious and make room somehow if they don't want to deal with a sub.

If they open it up to everyone, adjust store content variation and value (for me personally I'd need to be able to leverage it across 7 or 8 characters somehow), they could always add a money sink aspect to it too for the f2p player -- and make it cost ingame currency to deposit and withdraw wardrobe items. Free to use doesn't have to mean work-free.

I'm not cheap, I just have better options -- and that is NCSoft's business decision. As someone who enjoys the game, instead of just leaving, I take the time to tell them that they could be providing better value relative to the competition. If they don't want me in their market share pie slice, then it's their call.

I agree with you, that is why i had the options in the strawpoll just in case. one-time purchase and a deposit/withdraw fee is no problem for me as long as it not hidden behind subscription. I want to give NCSoft my money they just really need to re-evaluate this.

2 minutes ago, Diddums said:

"You clearly are ignorant" Clearly, because I said my way was the correct way to play right?  Irony. I said stop hoarding if you can't afford to, you apparently refuse to pay for the wardrobe hence you have no right to complain when then. It's a free game, as I said if it's such a huge problem then don't play, "I do not want to stop playing" well deal with what you have, if they give the wardrobe to free to play then fine, but stop acting entitled when you're already enjoying the game without a sub. 

" Subscription is not convenience its an unfairness! " You mean it's unfair to pay for convenience? Yeah how horrible for you to go without some petty extra exp and a copper coins here and there, better not forget that sweet dazzling windwalk animation oooh that's the bee's knees.

from all your replies i can clearly see it now that you do not get the whole point behind this forum thread and you are just trolling. what you are suggesting is "follow the one way" which is how NCSoft want us to consume the game but that is not the case for a lot of players. Many players want changes to this business model because it is "anti-consumers" but in this thread we are talking about one feature that needs to be re-evaluated rather than the whole premium issue.

Why the wardrobe is unfair and why i refuse to pay for it? you would have gotten the answer if you read and got the point of the original post. simple really, its because the other regions have it for free and has always been a free feature of the game since it was first introduced. its only us in NA/EU that have it unfair and inconsistent.

everything that is in the premium benefit i would pay for gladly if i can own it forever rather than having it locked behind subscription/timer. I really do not want them for free I WILL PAY FOR IT! it doesn't matter how much it cost what matters that if i can own it or not. if you can not understand that then i give up on u.

2 minutes ago, Anote said:

from all your replies i can clearly see it now that you do not get the whole point behind this forum thread and you are just trolling. what you are suggesting is "follow the one way" which is how NCSoft want us to consume the game but that is not the case for a lot of players. Many players want changes to this business model because it is "anti-consumers" but in this thread we are talking about one feature that needs to be re-evaluated rather than the whole premium issue.

Why the wardrobe is unfair and why i refuse to pay for it? you would have gotten the answer if you read and got the point of the original post. simple really, its because the other regions have it for free and has always been a free feature of the game since it was first introduced. its only us in NA/EU that have it unfair and inconsistent.

everything that is in the premium benefit i would pay for gladly if i can own it forever rather than having it locked behind subscription/timer. I really do not want them for free I WILL PAY FOR IT! it doesn't matter how much it cost what matters that if i can own it or not. if you can not understand that then i give up on u.

I'm a troll because I disagree, yep, spoken like a true entitled child. I'm no suggesting anything, I'm saying stop whining when you have the option to buy what you want. It's the free market, vote with your wallet, don't like it, fine don't buy it. But you're not paying for anything so you're vote right now is you don't like how things are, fine and good on you. But at the same time demanding something be free "cuz they do it over there" or "I don't have enough space after getting all this other space, where am I going to put all this stuff I don't even need?"

It's not hard to understand, you can ask for change but you're just being an entitled baby.

9 hours ago, Diddums said:

I'm a troll because I disagree, yep, spoken like a true entitled child. I'm no suggesting anything, I'm saying stop whining when you have the option to buy what you want. It's the free market, vote with your wallet, don't like it, fine don't buy it. But you're not paying for anything so you're vote right now is you don't like how things are, fine and good on you. But at the same time demanding something be free "cuz they do it over there" or "I don't have enough space after getting all this other space, where am I going to put all this stuff I don't even need?"

It's not hard to understand, you can ask for change but you're just being an entitled baby.

Did you not get the part of not wanting to be free but like a one-time purchase instead? i am not whining or complaing about the situation instead i am presenting an alternative to the issue like a midway solution that is for both consumer and publisher benefits. they want to make money out of wardrobe? sure just have it like a one-time purchase option like the character slots and talent pages in the cash shop.

13 hours ago, Anote said:

Did you not get the part of not wanting to be free but like a one-time purchase instead? i am not whining or complaing about the situation instead i am presenting an alternative to the issue like a midway solution that is for both consumer and publisher benefits. they want to make money out of wardrobe? sure just have it like a one-time purchase option like the character slots and talent pages in the cash shop.

Yes absolutely, advocate it be a one time purchase, I would be 100% behind you on that. But what I'm not for is complaining the game is designed to make you pay for the wardrobe so it should be free because "I've run out of space" because of course they want you to buy more space. 

23 hours ago, Zarec said:

They could have gone the route that china does...30 day outfits.  That would solve the inventory problems people seem to be having and that is a real possibility so be careful bout what you wish for.

Game companies are notorious for giving you what you want....but not how you envisioned it.  Its really bloody annoying.  They personify the concept "careful what you wish for".

It's not like there aren't temporary outfits in this version. 

On 2/6/2016 at 4:48 PM, Diddums said:

Here we go again, another thread where people cry for free stuff. The wardrobe is not a necessity it is convenience, your second tab in the vault has plenty of space and upgrades cheaper then the primary, use that, if that's not enough, tough. You like the game enough to play it for free but not enough to pay for convenience. Entitled much?

No one's "Crying for free stuff".  In other versions of this game, the Wardrobe is not placed behind a paywall. Why is it placed behind one for us? Do you seriously think that's fair? Do you think being forced to throw huge amounts of cash for the same premium benefits as other regions that unlock the same benefits instantly without having to go through arbitrary "ranks" fair as well?

No one's asking for everything for free. The vast majority  here knows NCSoft is in it for the money, just like every other company out there. But all we're asking for is fairness, and to get what we were promised - a balanced cash shop system that isn't going to nickle and dime us every step of the way.

Oh, and yes - I have a job. I can afford premium, hell I even went ahead and got it for a month to support this game. But these practices are making me very wary about giving them anymore money next month.

59 minutes ago, SoulEchelon said:

No one's "Crying for free stuff".  In other versions of this game, the Wardrobe is not placed behind a paywall. Why is it placed behind one for us? Do you seriously think that's fair? Do you think being forced to throw huge amounts of cash for the same premium benefits as other regions that unlock the same benefits instantly without having to go through arbitrary "ranks" fair as well?

No one's asking for everything for free. The vast majority  here knows NCSoft is in it for the money, just like every other company out there. But all we're asking for is fairness, and to get what we were promised - a balanced cash shop system that isn't going to nickle and dime us every step of the way.

Oh, and yes - I have a job. I can afford premium, hell I even went ahead and got it for a month to support this game. But these practices are making me very wary about giving them anymore money next month.

You claim "No one's "Crying for free stuff"" but then the next sentence you say it should be free, how slow are you? This is NA, not any of the other servers, it's fair and if you don't like it don't play the game.  Nobody if FORCING you to do anything, stop being a drama queen and realize it's a video game, like this isn't a big deal. How messed up is it a company that has to make money for a game they don't even charge you to play wants you to pay for things that don't even break game balance, woe is me right? And who promised you a balanced cash shop meant a free wardrobe? And for someone who works you classifying $15 a month "huge amounts" is kinda sad. It's the same as a WoW subscription or netflix or crunchyroll or....I think you get the point. 

You people forget nobody is forcing you to pay for anything, at all, or to play. If you want the wardrobe it's there, get the subscription and you can have it. If you think it costs too much, propose a different solution as Anote did. But stop whinning something should be free then in the next sentence "Why is it behind a paywall, this is unfair, we were promised fairness and world peace and ponies" 

On 2/6/2016 at 9:14 PM, Zarec said:

If they implimented the Taiwan version I would be happy as I could get 3 free outfits a month.  I'm down with that.  

Thing is with this not even being out a month you will prob need to wait six months if not a year before anythng will change.

They didn't even give the masters packs the ability to have the exclusive skin to all their characters....we only got it once.  That had a lot more pages than any of the wardrobe crying did and they still didn't bat an eyelash or change anything.  Why would they do this for you guys?  I'm honestly curious.

This makes me laugh and how many times were people bashed for the idea that the founder pack items like armor and weapon skin should be account wide rather than just one character and/or mailable ..

On 2/6/2016 at 8:46 PM, Riganzero said:

^ this, exactly this, i was planing on buying some costumes, but not anymore because of this wardrobe thing, the prices are just too high, and ALSO i cant use them on diferent characters? its just stupid...

Now though I agree that $20 for an outfit per character IS WAY beyond good taste the idea of making this cheaper and then having a single purchase unlock to wardrobe probably is asking for WAY too much

One of the main issues is that they were VERY stingy with the premium benefits so locked wardrobe behind the pay wall BUT you can make do if need be using the vault (unless you are going to drive the miracle mile and 9 10ths of us might say this but in the end it NEVER works out this way)

HEY you might get the wardrobe unlocked and therefore premiums will get something else (which will be said to be a PTW option and start off a whole new set of 1 million + threads) but I bet it WILL take a while for them to make this decision

17 minutes ago, Kensho1996 said:

This makes me laugh and how many times were people bashed for the idea that the founder pack items like armor and weapon skin should be account wide rather than just one character and/or mailable ..

Now though I agree that $20 for an outfit per character IS WAY beyond good taste the idea of making this cheaper and then having a single purchase unlock to wardrobe probably is asking for WAY too much

One of the main issues is that they were VERY stingy with the premium benefits so locked wardrobe behind the pay wall BUT you can make do if need be using the vault (unless you are going to drive the miracle mile and 9 10ths of us might say this but in the end it NEVER works out this way)

HEY you might get the wardrobe unlocked and therefore premiums will get something else (which will be said to be a PTW option and start off a whole new set of 1 million + threads) but I bet it WILL take a while for them to make this decision

Well i vaguelly remember them saying no lockboxes means wardrobe being locked behind premium (was somewhere in teh CBT forums) and now that we have lockboxes that now may change as well.  Like I've said before be careful what you wish for.

41 minutes ago, Diddums said:

You claim "No one's "Crying for free stuff"" but then the next sentence you say it should be free, how slow are you?

Yeah, you didn't read a damn thing I said, so I won't read what you said.

Read the rest of my post, then try again.

NCSoft is absolutely losing money by keeping the wardrobe premium-only. I have no desire to pay a monthly charge in a game that then ALSO expects me to pay for tons of other things, so I will not be purchasing premium. However, if the wardrobe was available to non-premium members, I would be purchasing a lot more costumes (even more if the costumes were account-wide - a different, but related topic).

I personally feel as though the Premium Point system needs a revamp. It should function identically to Rift's Loyalty Rewards or WildStar's Cosmic Points system. It already partially does, in that it's not just Premium purchase that earns you Premium Points - any NCoin purchase earns you points. But they do jack squat for you if you're not subscribed.

The Premium Point system should be changed to an unlock system like the aforementioned MMOs. For example in WildStar (notably, another NCSoft-published MMO), players who have invested no money into the game are restricted from starting guilds and arena teams. The benefit of starting guilds and arena teams is in the first "tier" of Cosmic Points, which unlocks after spending $15 in the shop - either through NCoin purchase, Premium purchase, or CREDD purchase. Every time you spend money, your little Cosmic Point bar fills up and gradually unlocks more perks - including costume items and other neat goodies, but also all the same kinds of bonuses that BnS's current Premium Points system rewards (increased gold, xp, etc). The difference is, once you hit that unlock in Cosmic Points, you have it permanently.

So for Blade and Soul, the Wardrobe would remain as a Premium Point reward, but it would be unlocked by simply achieving whatever tier (they could even move it up to tier 2) that rewards it. Thus players would still be expected to invest money into the game, so NCSoft gains some income, but players don't feel manipulated or like they're locked out of a feature very much needed to fully enjoy the cosmetic system of this game.

On ‎04‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 7:57 AM, Anote said:

I am really confused to why NCSoft have different models for different regions. Is it not the same global company that publish Blade & Soul in all other regions too? why is the business model so different in each region?

My main problem is with the wardrobe. I am a hoarder and a collector and i always play MMOs to collect and get things that others find uninterested in. My main goal in the game is neither to PVP or PVE but rather collect. so a Huge problem i am facing right now is the unavailability of wardrobe to store my collections. It is currently impossible for me to keep all of my outfits on hand or in bank due to the lack of space. and its even getting worse every single day i gain something new. I am sitting around 40 outfits and accessory at the moment and it is very hard to manage.

all i am asking is for NCSoft to reevaluate the wardrobe and have it free or at least a one time purchase please! it is unfair for us in NA/EU because all other regions have it for free and again it is CLEARLY UNFAIR!

----

EDIT 1: I wouldn't even mind paying 20 or 40 Dollars/Euros for the one time purchase option. or even a small fee gold fee per piece to deposit/withdraw in the wardrobe as long as i can access and use it anytime i want.

----

EDIT 2:  I don't even want or care if the wardrobe is account wide or per character AS LONG as i can access and use it whenever i want!

----

EDIT 3:  In their latest stream of Mushin's tower, they talked about how they want to be consistent with the outfits that we get with the other regions however there is things like the wardrobe feature which is NOT consistent like the other regions. this is for me is a hypocritical move and it shows how much they really need to re-look and re-evaluate this feature for us in NA/EU.

----

EDIT 4: Vote for the best option in your opinion. http://strawpoll.me/6730354

----

Then pay for a Premium membership i think the system Works quite good and make Premium so atractive. No wardrobe without money. Period

Archived