Please NCSoft re-evaluate the wardrobe system!

Anote

I am really confused to why NCSoft have different models for different regions. Is it not the same global company that publish Blade & Soul in all other regions too? why is the business model so different in each region?

My main problem is with the wardrobe. I am a hoarder and a collector and i always play MMOs to collect and get things that others find uninterested in. My main goal in the game is neither to PVP or PVE but rather collect. so a Huge problem i am facing right now is the unavailability of wardrobe to store my collections. It is currently impossible for me to keep all of my outfits on hand or in bank due to the lack of space. and its even getting worse every single day i gain something new. I am sitting around 40 outfits and accessory at the moment and it is very hard to manage.

all i am asking is for NCSoft to reevaluate the wardrobe and have it free or at least a one time purchase please! it is unfair for us in NA/EU because all other regions have it for free and again it is CLEARLY UNFAIR!

----

EDIT 1: I wouldn't even mind paying 20 or 40 Dollars/Euros for the one time purchase option. or even a small fee gold fee per piece to deposit/withdraw in the wardrobe as long as i can access and use it anytime i want.

----

EDIT 2:  I don't even want or care if the wardrobe is account wide or per character AS LONG as i can access and use it whenever i want!

----

EDIT 3:  In their latest stream of Mushin's tower, they talked about how they want to be consistent with the outfits that we get with the other regions however there is things like the wardrobe feature which is NOT consistent like the other regions. this is for me is a hypocritical move and it shows how much they really need to re-look and re-evaluate this feature for us in NA/EU.

----

EDIT 4: Vote for the best option in your opinion. http://strawpoll.me/6730354

----

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I'm more interested in the costumes than in other aspects of the games.

But seems that we're out of luck, because I you want to seriously collect costumes, you need to pay premium or your wardrobe will go away.

In the end, is like a Pay to Play game... except that you need to buy the costumes too. And inventory space. And characters slots.

Taken from a Reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/444t7r/naeu_and_taiwan_premium_membership_comparison/

"

How Premium Membership works in Taiwan

• 30 days Premium membership costs 430 Ncoins, which is about $13 USD if you do a currency exchange (400 ncoins = 400 NTD). This is the standard membership rate but sometimes there are special prices/bundles that make it a lot cheaper.

• Unlike the NA/EU system, there is no such thing as Venture Tokens etc to get Hongmoon points. Instead, you get Hongmoon points daily for logging in. You get 1000 Hongmoon points immediately after purchasing a 30 days premium membership and then 600/day everyday while your premium membership is active (300/day if you are offline, 600/day if you are online for at least 5 hrs). So for a 30 day membership you can get 1000+18000 = 19k Hongmoon points if you log on everyday for 5 hrs. I personally much prefer this system as you can get alot of goodies for "free" via the Hongmoon points by simply logging in and not have to rely on the super low drop rate of the venture tokens.

• There is no rank system for Premium Membership. Somethings like coin drops from mobs, access to dragon express/storage vault, decreased tax for auction listings etc are all automatic/baseline. Other things like decreased gold cost for upgrades, increased XP etc have to be purchased from the Hongmoon shop via the Hongmoon points you earn. So you totally have a choice here on what you want and don't need to keep spending real $ on the cashshop to get better premium ranks for better benefits. The rank system in NA/EU I believe was imported from China version of the game.

Permanent Costumes/No Weapon upgrade Failure

• Taiwan has permanent costumes and no failure in upgrading weapons.I see people using this as a plus for the NA/EU version. 30 day Costumes and failures are only in the Chinese version I believe and the other F2P versions (Taiwan/Japan) all have permanent costumes and non-failures. So this is nothing special for NA/EU.

Wardrobe Access/Storage Vault

• Wardrobe access in Taiwan is available for everyone and not locked behind a premium membership.

• Storage Vault access via inventory is granted immediately once you purchase a premium membership and not locked behind a rank system (I believe you only get it on NA/EU if you are rank 9).

Hongmoon Shop

Lets take a look at the Hongmoon Shop, which is exclusive to Premium members and you purchase items from it using the Hongmoon points you earned daily for being a premium member.

• Five page of costumes, some of the same ones being sold for $12-15 USD on the NA/EU version, which you can acquire for 3000-6000 Hongmoon points (equivalent to about 10 days of Hongmoon points collection at 600 pts/per day).

• Brilliant keys for 3000 pts, Dragon Pouch 300 pts, and other food stuff.

• These are the special buffs/discounts you can purchase if you want them. Some example are damage buff (+4 attack, +8 extra damage, +3% crit etc) and others like 20% reduction in upgrade costs, more auction listing, special movement animation etc. Some of them are the stuff that we get in our Premium membership in NA/EU if you reach a specific rank. The difference here is that you buy exactly what you want using the Hongmoon points you accumulate daily.

• The RNG boxes purchased for Ncoins can be also brought for Hongmoon points. They cost 600 each or 12000 for 22. So you can get a RNG box a day if you want to use your points on that.

Cashshop

Taiwan also have a cashshop where you can purchase things for Ncoins. Here you can see the offerings - RNG boxes, new costumes like the Valentine one that was posted here a couple days ago. Some of the costumes are identical to the ones you can buy from Hongmoon shop. So for many costumes you have the option of buying via $$ or for "free" via your premium membership.

My Opinion

The Taiwan premium system feels a lot better and worthwhile compared to the NA/EU system. You get rewarded for logging in daily and can get ~3 costumes per month for free off the Hongmoon Shop if that is all you care about. Some essential things like bigger bag space can be resolved by using the points for dragon pouches. There is no need to deal with the ridiculously low drop rate for venture tokens and you can purchase the benefits you like directly instead of having to keep spending money to get better ranks for better benefits.

Yes there are RNG boxes in the Taiwan version but you can buy them with your accumulated Hongmoon points for being a Premium member. Wardrobe is not locked behind premium membership either, which felt like the biggest thing going for the NA/EU premium membership right now.

Since much of the NA/EU client was based on the Taiwan one, I am surprised they didn't include their premium membership model too and instead opted for a more cash grabbing model from China."

It's funny. When Blade and Soul was revealed to be coming to NA/EU last year, we were told that the cash shop system would be fair and balanced and not exploitative. Yet The TW version, out of all the other versions, is by far the best one.

thank you SoulEchelon for the link i have read that post and this is a great post to show players how it is really unfair for us playing in NA/EU. they said they want to make it fair and good for both their premium and free players and they want to make money out of the game but having this bad business model is only going to last for a short while. Taiwan is cleaver because on the long run they are making profit on a consistent climb. If NA/EU keeps at it like this i fear they will end up like wildstar... just small changes and reevaluation of these game benefits can be their up-rise or downfall imo.

5 minutes ago, Zarec said:

I prefer the Taiwan version but as they didn't change the premium membership during beta after countless feedback, I highly doubt they will change it now post launch. 

Many other games throughout their life span have changed to the better for the consumers. examples: Tera, League, and Guild Wars. these games re-evaluated their models and became more for the players rather than their company schemes. Im optimistic and hope that change is bound for B&S if they really want to succeed in the long run. What we as players should do is rally and give them the alternative solutions and/or midway solutions rather than complaining and whining.

5 hours ago, Eckin said:

Anything but the current model.

I rather pay a one-time fee, since nothing else from premium is interesting to me.

(unrelated, but they really should re-evaluate what premium gives)

I agree 100% that the premium benefits should be re-evaluated but lets just start with minor features that should be changed like the wardrobe and hope for the rest after.

Yea, as a premium I have more issue with the premium itself, and yea I totally agree about wardrobe should be free, I suggested before that free wardrobe will be on map somewhere, while premium users get to use it like how we currently do no need to go anywhere in map. That sure is the last possible and worst scenario as I do hope  for it to be free.

And then again I want them to relook premium and make it mor eworthy like the user above who posted the comparison with Taiwanese version.

I've replied about this in several threads now so I'll just mention here what I said elsewhere. They are shooting themselves in the foot with putting the wardrobe in the premium benefits. Right now it's just a lure to get people to buy premium but at the same time it stops a fair number of those who aren't interested in premium from buying cash shop costumes. This because there isn't any place to store them as the inventory and vault doesn't realistically have any room for collectibles. That's why the wardrobe was created in the first place. On top of that they take away one of the reasons for people to keep grinding places at end game. Namely collecting outfits. Which is a big thing in this game for a good number of players, like you folks in this thread here.

They could just not do that, and make premium interesting in other ways that doesn't impede the will to play or buy cash shop items from part of their playerbase. I'd settle for a one time unlock on the cash shop for the wardrobe however as it doesn't have to be free. But paying a subscription for it is really unattractive. Then again paying a subscription used to mean you had access to the entire game, and not just a few measly bonuses and one or two locked features whilst you still have to content with cash shops.

Here we go again, another thread where people cry for free stuff. The wardrobe is not a necessity it is convenience, your second tab in the vault has plenty of space and upgrades cheaper then the primary, use that, if that's not enough, tough. You like the game enough to play it for free but not enough to pay for convenience. Entitled much?

And to Robyn, if you're talking about the food which gives you buffs from the store you can craft that from the cooking guild, it's not pay to win, you're just looking for a reason to whine rather then fact-checking.

4 minutes ago, Haishao said:

Wardrobe is a necessity for people who want to buy more than 1 cosmetic from the cash shop.

Uhm, you do realize it was years before it was available in the foreign versions, right?  Somehow they managed to get by.

4 minutes ago, Haishao said:

If it wasn't a necessity it would simply not exist at all.

And yet somehow I'm making do just fine without the padded black coat in the gotcha.  Heck, haven't even bought a gotcha trying for it.  Seems like things exist all the time that aren't a necessity.

8 minutes ago, Soulequilibrium said:

I've replied about this in several threads now so I'll just mention here what I said elsewhere. They are shooting themselves in the foot with putting the wardrobe in the premium benefits. Right now it's just a lure to get people to buy premium but at the same time it stops a fair number of those who aren't interested in premium from buying cash shop costumes. This because there isn't any place to store them as the inventory and vault doesn't realistically have any room for collectibles. That's why the wardrobe was created in the first place. On top of that they take away one of the reasons for people to keep grinding places at end game. Namely collecting outfits. Which is a big thing in this game for a good number of players, like you folks in this thread here.

They could just not do that, and make premium interesting in other ways that doesn't impede the will to play or buy cash shop items from part of their playerbase. I'd settle for a one time unlock on the cash shop for the wardrobe however as it doesn't have to be free. But paying a subscription for it is really unattractive. Then again paying a subscription used to mean you had access to the entire game, and not just a few measly bonuses and one or two locked features whilst you still have to content with cash shops.

^ this, exactly this, i was planing on buying some costumes, but not anymore because of this wardrobe thing, the prices are just too high, and ALSO i cant use them on diferent characters? its just stupid...

Just now, Riganzero said:

^ this, exactly this, i was planing on buying some costumes, but not anymore because of this wardrobe thing, the prices are just too high, and ALSO i cant use them on diferent characters? its just stupid...

If they made the wardrobe account wide would you pay for it? Because I agree, outfits cost waaaay too much for just one character.

Just now, Diddums said:

If they made the wardrobe account wide would you pay for it? Because I agree, outfits cost waaaay too much for just one character.

if it was something you need to buy once, yes, i would pay for it, but keep paying over and over again? no thanks

something they could do is give some free slots, lets say 20, after you store 20 costumes if you are not premium you cant store anymore, unless you buy an expansion that can be obtained with hongmoon coins or ncoins that unlocks another dunno 20 or 30 slots, thats how most games manage the wardrobe space, and if you are premium, unlock all the 123 slots at once,

IMO, i think thats a way more reasonable way to manage things and freemium stuffs

1 hour ago, Diddums said:

Here we go again, another thread where people cry for free stuff. The wardrobe is not a necessity it is convenience, your second tab in the vault has plenty of space and upgrades cheaper then the primary, use that, if that's not enough, tough. You like the game enough to play it for free but not enough to pay for convenience. Entitled much?

And to Robyn, if you're talking about the food which gives you buffs from the store you can craft that from the cooking guild, it's not pay to win, you're just looking for a reason to whine rather then fact-checking.

you clearly do NOT know what you are talking about and you dont know how it is at max level. right now i am sitting with a full 2 tabs of bank (all of slots unlocked cause i bought bags) and inventory with all of the outfits and items (gear, consumables, crafting, ect) and it is NOT enough! with this much number of outfits and cosmetics in the game it is impossible to manage storing them in the convenient way that is why Wardrobe is a must! i have over 40 cosmetic outfits with thier respected pieces and there is no space for them all!

i do not call myself a freemium player because I WILL keep paying for stuff that i want in this game whether it be bags or cosmetics or keys or character slots or talent tab expansion or whatever the cash shop will offer, however i refuse to sub because i do not like the whole concept of subscription in ANY game! i rather buy and own stuff to be mine forever rather than having it on a timer until the time runs out which is unfair in my opinion.

I want to buy so many cash outfits right now, i only own the xmas/autumn ones at the moment because i really can NOT buy anymore BECAUSE of no available slots to have them in neither the bag or the bank! my cash is ready for the purchase!

18 minutes ago, Riganzero said:

if it was something you need to buy once, yes, i would pay for it, but keep paying over and over again? no thanks

something they could do is give some free slots, lets say 20, after you store 20 costumes if you are not premium you cant store anymore, unless you buy an expansion that can be obtained with hongmoon coins or ncoins that unlocks another dunno 20 or 30 slots, thats how most games manage the wardrobe space, and if you are premium, unlock all the 123 slots at once,

IMO, i think thats a way more reasonable way to manage things and freemium stuffs

i do not mind this option either as long as i can OWN the slots/wardrobe instead of having it on a time leash that can run out and be unavailable later on.

22 hours ago, Anote said:

Many other games throughout their life span have changed to the better for the consumers. examples: Tera, League, and Guild Wars. these games re-evaluated their models and became more for the players rather than their company schemes. Im optimistic and hope that change is bound for B&S if they really want to succeed in the long run. What we as players should do is rally and give them the alternative solutions and/or midway solutions rather than complaining and whining.

If they implimented the Taiwan version I would be happy as I could get 3 free outfits a month.  I'm down with that.  

Thing is with this not even being out a month you will prob need to wait six months if not a year before anythng will change.

They didn't even give the masters packs the ability to have the exclusive skin to all their characters....we only got it once.  That had a lot more pages than any of the wardrobe crying did and they still didn't bat an eyelash or change anything.  Why would they do this for you guys?  I'm honestly curious.

1 hour ago, Soulequilibrium said:

the whole concept of subscription is a devil's trap idea in my opinion. i would rather pay high amount of cash for stuff to own rather than paying very little to have it on a time leash that can expire and be gone. I have my cash ready to buy all of the outfits in the store right now its just because there is no wardrobe to store them that is stopping me from purchasing.

3 minutes ago, Zarec said:

If they implimented the Taiwan version I would be happy as I could get 3 free outfits a month.  I'm down with that.  

Thing is with this not even being out a month you will prob need to wait six months if not a year before anythng will change.

They didn't even give the masters packs the ability to have the exclusive skin to all their characters....we only got it once.  That had a lot more pages than any of the wardrobe crying did and they still didn't bat an eyelash or change anything.  Why would they do this for you guys?  I'm honestly curious.

i dont care whether or not they take the Taiwan or the chines or the japanes model as long as i can get proper storage in order to sink more cash into this game.

and regarding the account bound stuff they said in their latest stream that they saw the feedback and told the devs about it and they will work on an item to make easier to transfer stuff between characters. i really do not care much about this because i do not see a problem with not having account wide outfits.... as long as i have storage to store them.

Archived