suddenly: Unauthorized IP Address

SchwaAkari

About 15 minutes ago I just tried to log into Blade & Soul, typed in my email and password to log in, and it told me "Unauthorized IP Address, a confirmation email will be sent to you shortly". When I went to log in to these forums, it said the exact same thing.

My question is: is this normal to happen every so often? maybe due to cookies resetting for example?

The reason I ask is, about an hour or two ago, my internet abruptly died for no reason (the stupid windows troubleshooter said "turn the modem off and on again", I did that, it didn't work and the troubleshooter said to do it again... thanks Obama), and then like 10 minutes or so later, abruptly started working again as if nothing was wrong. That, plus, in the confirmation email I got that had the code to verify my IP address, the country was listed as "Other" instead of "United States".

With these two factors combined, I'm terrified that someone hacked my computer and put a keylogger there, hence the suspicious unexplainable 10-minute internet hiccup earlier, especially since I had to disable Avira AntiVir's "Host Files" protection in order to play Blade&Soul for the past ever-since-it's-been-out and so that's been set to Disabled this whole time. And if that's the case, then the hacker already knows my Steam password and possibly several other passwords as a result, since I logged into Steam just a while ago to download Crusader Kings II and had to type it in there.

Sooo, either I'm paranoid and these were just a couple of bizarre coincidences, or I'm in extraordinary trouble. I have no idea what to do against a keylogger and I'm too panicked to think of a solution other than ask you guys >_<

Does the Invalid IP thing come up every so often just because cookies reset? Is it a side-effect of logging on during Maintenance hours possibly? Somebody give me some leads please!

--Akari Lolita of Poharan

Do IP Addresses change?? I always thought they were hardcoded into the modems or something...

I sound like such an idiot right now and I'm hating it o_o;; and the panic attack is making it worse or like the other way around or something I dunno

No need for panic attacks at all, however I can not go into detail since I dont really have the knowledge about it. Someone else will hopefully come and elaborate it properly. (My only insight atm is that whenever another pc thats connected to the same router in the house gets turned on and connects to internet, this happens to me even without internet going down)

Archived