Jump to content
Forums

FIX VENTURE RATE DROP


Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, 882260_1452550489 said:

HAHAHAHA................................Just give it up, asking anything of NCsoft is pointless.  They are not like Enmasse that actually gives back to its playerbase, for instance they gave out free character slot expansions the past few updates to Tera along with tons of other goodies.  By them doing this they further retain players, plus they are on STEAM which further improves the quality of service.  NCsoft is in the top 5 of greediest publishers around.  Always expect poor values, high prices, ridiculous restrictions in games, etc etc.  Wonder what the steam reviews would be like if BnS was on steam...fantastic game...*crickated* publisher.

 

And yet...here you are and a lot of others who still play the game and complain which means you accept it and play on.

They arent obligated to reply to anything, they have other priorities which are more important than some token drops which should be very rare.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

*cricket*ING FIX VENTURE TOKENS DROP i got no one and I tink I oppened 1000 BOXES for sure is bugged or is a 0.0000001% chance wtf why we have hongmoon store if there is no way to craft those coins is

Nothing to fix there if you thought you could just farm those tokens your delusional. Only real way to get hongmoon coins is curreny exchange. I dunno why they still haven't activated that though, the

I'm a bit torn on the issue.   Where part of me wants to say "obviously these things don't and shouldn't drop that easily", the fact of the matter is that the drop rate of these might as wel

On 2/6/2016 at 10:20 AM, YonHyakuNiju said:

I've already managed to get 3 = 700 coins total. inb4 entitled free to play players start redundant cry threads because they refuse to spend a cent and thus call this game pay2win.

 

On 2/6/2016 at 0:22 PM, Kaom said:

The drop rates are fine I got 7 from drops only .

RNG is RNG .

RNG is RNG, yet, but there is always a practice of making the % so low that it is not a RNG at all, but a bait to try to get theirs talking point.

 

Seriously, if I put .0000000000000000000000000000000000001%, it is still RNG by your definition and people shouldn't complain or cry about it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

 

And yet...here you are and a lot of others who still play the game and complain which means you accept it and play on.

They arent obligated to reply to anything, they have other priorities which are more important than some token drops which should be very rare.

Not for long, with the way they are doing things, people will complain and when nothing is done, they will feel left out, cheat or lie to like every freaking money milking only games out there, then people will leave in drove and leave bad reviews with bad scores everywhere.

 

I hope you can think a game can survive with that when people at some other MMO forum or games site talk about this game, it will leave a bad taste and guess what? The game get attention alright, NEGATIVE ATTENTION THAT IS.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Silmaria said:

Not for long, with the way they are doing things, people will complain and when nothing is done, they will feel left out, cheat or lie to like every freaking money milking only games out there, then people will leave in drove and leave bad reviews with bad scores everywhere.

 

I hope you can think a game can survive with that when people at some other MMO forum or games site talk about this game, it will leave a bad taste and guess what? The game get attention alright, NEGATIVE ATTENTION THAT IS.

 

Yes however, all i see since launch is dozens of people complaining " i am out" " i am quiting"  and look at that...i still see them in-game playing.

Point is, if you want to quit, just quit, a post on forums wont help you in it or are you waiting for someone to say "nooo dont leave we need you" ?

Every game gets bad reviews its normal, the smart players are the ones who do not read or listen to anyones opinions and try it out themselves and make their own opinion on it, since 95% of opinions and reviews on games on the internet and so blown out of proportion because they are simply based on "i didnt get what i wanted, its a bad game ill trash it in a review".

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6.02.2016 at 9:27 PM, mayuri said:

those things drop ? =o i got 1 from daily dash and that's it, in every qeust reward box is only healing tonics and every now and then a key or unsealing charm... but 99.9% healing tonic xD

 

Same here, so far I have seen it only once, and that's from Daily Dash :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Grimoir said:

 

Yes however, all i see since launch is dozens of people complaining " i am out" " i am quiting"  and look at that...i still see them in-game playing.

Point is, if you want to quit, just quit, a post on forums wont help you in it or are you waiting for someone to say "nooo dont leave we need you" ?

Every game gets bad reviews its normal, the smart players are the ones who do not read or listen to anyones opinions and try it out themselves and make their own opinion on it, since 95% of opinions and reviews on games on the internet and so blown out of proportion because they are simply based on "i didnt get what i wanted, its a bad game ill trash it in a review".

 

Really? Point out then. I see many games where people defend the games to death at every points and guess what? Those people are the one that quit first.

 

Seriously, some people complain because they want the game to become better, but when nothing is done, they just move on. There are several good games that will come out this year.

 

When you talk about game, how about ArchAge? With the thing is going, this game will have the same reaction with ArchAge when people talk about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kether said:

 

Same here, so far I have seen it only once, and that's from Daily Dash :)

I got 2 from boxes, but that's from 2 level 45 doing dailies each day, seriously the % to get is so slow, it almost feel like they just pity me for open hundreds of boxes and just give me the cheap one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Silmaria said:

Really? Point out then. I see many games where people defend the games to death at every points and guess what? Those people are the one that quit first.

 

Seriously, some people complain because they want the game to become better, but when nothing is done, they just move on. There are several good games that will come out this year.

 

When you talk about game, how about ArchAge? With the thing is going, this game will have the same reaction with ArchAge when people talk about it.

 

Point is:

 

Players are crying about Venture tokens, while they should be RARE. its an alternative to give free coins to players, if they were super easy to get no one would buy cash, so obviously you need to be lucky to get one.

You already get a free one from daily dash, thats more than enough since everything else except some costumes can easily be gotten in-game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Grimoir said:

 

Point is:

 

Players are crying about Venture tokens, while they should be RARE. its an alternative to give free coins to players, if they were super easy to get no one would buy cash, so obviously you need to be lucky to get one.

You already get a free one from daily dash, thats more than enough since everything else except some costumes can easily be gotten in-game.

LOL, so we should be thanking them to give us a token with few points that could be use as NOTHING, right?

 

By your logic, It is fine to have a game with a store and they give you a token, but then the price of the store is so high, you could never be able to buy anything unless you play the game for a long long time?

 

It's like carrot and stick strategy, they will put the carrot in front of you and you keep walking and walking and never reach it. I see how you like being lead to with false promises, then.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Silmaria said:

LOL, so we should be thanking them to give us a token with few points that could be use as NOTHING, right?

 

By your logic, It is fine to have a game with a store and they give you a token, but then the price of the store is so high, you could never be able to buy anything unless you play the game for a long long time?

 

It's like carrot and stick strategy, they will put the carrot in front of you and you keep walking and walking and never reach it. I see how you like being lead to with false promises, then.

 

Would you rather not get any token at all?

This is what i am saying, they give you something for FREE literally FREE, and yet there are 100's of complaints.

 

Let them remove it from the game entirely, then no tokens nothing to complain about. Most players take a "nice to have" thing and turn it into a rant for more and more. Just be happy the option exists, else you wouldnt have anything, and some will say "but in the cbt i got way more" well ofc you did cause it was tweaked to make everything easier since it was a beta.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grimoir said:

 

Would you rather not get any token at all?

This is what i am saying, they give you something for FREE literally FREE, and yet there are 100's of complaints.

 

Let them remove it from the game entirely, then no tokens nothing to complain about. Most players take a "nice to have" thing and turn it into a rant for more and more. Just be happy the option exists, else you wouldnt have anything, and some will say "but in the cbt i got way more" well ofc you did cause it was tweaked to make everything easier since it was a beta.

 

The thing is other games also give you stuff for free. They give you better value for your money. The problem we're running into is that we LIKE BnS, we like the game, but we don't like its monetization plan, and we don't really have the option to go play a version of this that provides better value for the money that we pay. (Maybe we could jump through a bunch of hoops and end up being worthless due to 300 ms ping in the game's most important core activity in other versions, but understandably, some of us don't see that as an option)

 

But you see why that there's all sorts of whining right? We want to play BnS but we also want the monetization plans of other games.

 

I'm still for lower amounts of hmc for logging in daily for premiums , that way they can control the amount of hmc that a player gets while providing a decent incentive to buy premium. So one player can't rack up 1500 hmc in a month through rng while everyone is lucky to get 100, but everyone gets maybe 400-500. I think that consistency is more appreciable. RNG in the game is demoralizing as it is.

Edited by brasteir
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lusbox said:

Had one drop for me the other day, just see it as a nice little bonus to save up for a costume i don't really need. Drop rate is fine, they're meant to be rare.

 

This got me a little over 600 Hongmoon Coins.

 

P9ozNai.jpg

aham so after 3 weeks of gameplay u got 1 :))

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

just remember RNG is RNG. Even if the drop rate is 5% and you open 100 boxes that doesnt mean you Going to get 5 tokens. you could still get 0. 

not to mention you buy cash shop items with it. soooo its like winning real money in a game sooo yeh the drop rate is gonna be hella low. 

Edited by Kirren
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, brasteir said:

 

The thing is other games also give you stuff for free. They give you better value for your money. The problem we're running into is that we LIKE BnS, we like the game, but we don't like its monetization plan, and we don't really have the option to go play a version of this that provides better value for the money that we pay. (Maybe we could jump through a bunch of hoops and end up being worthless due to 300 ms ping in the game's most important core activity in other versions, but understandably, some of us don't see that as an option)

 

But you see why that there's all sorts of whining right? We want to play BnS but we also want the monetization plans of other games.

 

I'm still for lower amounts of hmc for logging in daily for premiums , that way they can control the amount of hmc that a player gets while providing a decent incentive to buy premium. So one player can't rack up 1500 hmc in a month through rng while everyone is lucky to get 100, but everyone gets maybe 400-500. I think that consistency is more appreciable. RNG in the game is demoralizing as it is.

 

Well i get that you like the game. But what i fail to comprehend is that, this game is being so much compared to other games / publishers.

I mean ok there are other games that give you more value for the money or approach everything differently, but this isnt the same. Different publisher / game means different business plan.  I mean if you really like the game it shouldnt really matter to you right? since i assume if you have money to get premium you also have some to buy at least a bit of ncoins.

 

Everyone is just trying too hard to make this game like every other mmo in regards to drops, end game, money etc....if you do that where is the incentive for this game to be original and different?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Grimoir said:

 

Well i get that you like the game. But what i fail to comprehend is that, this game is being so much compared to other games / publishers.

I mean ok there are other games that give you more value for the money or approach everything differently, but this isnt the same. Different publisher / game means different business plan.  I mean if you really like the game it shouldnt really matter to you right? since i assume if you have money to get premium you also have some to buy at least a bit of ncoins.

 

Everyone is just trying too hard to make this game like every other mmo in regards to drops, end game, money etc....if you do that where is the incentive for this game to be original and different?

 

 

Well, first of all, a monetization plan doesn't make a game. BnS's uniqueness has to come from its content. And it does. Nobody's saying that because it should have the monetization of other games that it also has to be the same as those other games in other aspects. That doesn't make any sense.

 

Furthermore, while it all doesn't really matter, it should matter to the publisher that some of us are reluctant to spend money due to how they're going about selling things.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, brasteir said:

 

Well, first of all, a monetization plan doesn't make a game. BnS's uniqueness has to come from its content. And it does. Nobody's saying that because it should have the monetization of other games that it also has to be the same as those other games in other aspects. That doesn't make any sense.

 

Furthermore, while it all doesn't really matter, it should matter to the publisher that some of us are reluctant to spend money due to how they're going about selling things.

 

I know but lets be realistic:

 

20 players reluctant to spend money vs 10.000 who spend it regardless. What do you think they will choose?

Especially since verture tokens are so you wont have to spend any money which automatically is a profit loss for them.

 

If we get to earn HM coins with just being logged in, dont expect the prices to be still the same, they will change so you will still need a lot of time before you will be able to buy anything.

Edited by Grimoir
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea I honestly believe that this is done on purpose and it is either to keep you playing or to get you to buy from their cash shop.  You shouldn't have to go through a shit ton of boxes with *cricket* poor RNG or run a dungeon till you pound your face on the keyboard in frustration trying to get any type of drop like this.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Grimoir said:

 

I know but lets be realistic:

 

20 players reluctant to spend money vs 10.000 who spend it regardless. What do you think they will choose?

Especially since verture tokens are so you wont have to spend any money which automatically is a profit loss for them.

 

If we get to earn HM coins with just being logged in, dont expect the prices to be still the same, they will change so you will still need a lot of time before you will be able to buy anything.

 

Yeah I think it's still better to get consistent little amounts at a time than to rarely get a huge chunk. I think most other f2p games give you maybe 5 bucks a month, that's really enough to make people feel like they're getting a good deal, at least better than what premium offers now. 5 bucks is also enough to encourage someone to throw in an extra 10 and get a costume.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone who's fanboying and defending this, you do realize that NCWest has a game with this exact same system, except it doesn't suck, right?

 

Wildstar's version of HC are Omnibit Coins, and they drop off of mobs randomly. Leveling a character to cap gets you at least enough to buy one thing from the cash shop with Omnibits, and subscribers get double Omnibits when they drop.

 

The system works there, so I'm really not sure why everyone's saying we should feel lucky to get 80 Hongmoon Coins in an entire month, when they basically gave us the same system yet gutted it. What are you going to buy with that? Nothing. They make a big deal about how it's F2P and you'll be able to get Hongmoon Coins for the shop and buy some stuff with that, yet make them so unobtainable that you're one of the few lucky ones if you do see a green venture token drop.

 

And by the way, venture coins being easier to obtain (note: no one asked for them to be dropping like candy from boxes), is something that everyone benefits from. Not just free  players.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Grimoir said:

 

And yet...here you are and a lot of others who still play the game and complain which means you accept it and play on.

They arent obligated to reply to anything, they have other priorities which are more important than some token drops which should be very rare.

Ya, I play the game...so what I haven't spent any real money on this game as I have no need to spend real money on this game.  I am sitting on like 700+ gold already by simply playing the crafting/marketplace...its amazing how much you can make by simply applying a little real world knowledge into a game.  Also people have a right to complain about a product as that in most cases helps enable a product to become better since the company behind it will be in the spotlight and more and more people will question said products "Quality" standards.  Other priorities...what a joke 4+ years in development, they have had plenty of time to prepare.  I have seen smaller Dev/Publishers do better jobs at managing very popular games.   

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember a topic back in beta about how much you'd have to spend for dragon pouches to expand your inventory.  Someone brought up back then about "Well you don't need to spend NCoins for them.  You can just use HCoins.  I made xxxx HCoins in just the last few betas".  I knew that the drop rate was only going to be a tiny fraction of what they got once the game went live.  I didn't have the heart to tell them "This is a beta.  The drop rates are turned way up for it."  I wonder how many HCoins this person has received since the game went live.

 

Edit:  I haven't received a single venture coin in the hundreds of chests I've opened since headstart began.  I only received 2 from the daily dash.  One from the NA daily dash and one from the EU daily dash.  When you redeem them, the HCoins are account wide across both regions.  So I managed to get a total of about 400 HCoins since early launch.

Edited by Bezerko
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Grimoir said:

 

Well i get that you like the game. But what i fail to comprehend is that, this game is being so much compared to other games / publishers.

I mean ok there are other games that give you more value for the money or approach everything differently, but this isnt the same. Different publisher / game means different business plan.  I mean if you really like the game it shouldnt really matter to you right? since i assume if you have money to get premium you also have some to buy at least a bit of ncoins.

 

Everyone is just trying too hard to make this game like every other mmo in regards to drops, end game, money etc....if you do that where is the incentive for this game to be original and different?

 

You know what? The strategy to make profits for this game is what killing it now. Seriously, who want to spend money on things that could only be use on single character.

 

Not to mention what this game need is Free Players. Some of the free players will spend a little, but not much since nobody will pay for premium all the time and venture tokens are a kind of thing that show the company willing to help free players to stay in the game, not drive them away.

 

A healthy population will help a healthy community since nobody like a game with lots of server merge and low population servers everywhere.

 

So if they just give a single venture token, then I rather they give nothing at all. It's like you try to give a dog a bone, but put it on stick and have the bone stay in front of the dog all the time. It likes they treat players like idiots, thinking since they have store, but never enough currency to get there and noone would figure it out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Lock6 locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...