Pay2win or not, opinions?

Ambition

13 minutes ago, Takao said:

It ruins economy for every single crafting . And it skips whole game basically to point u dont need to play anymore cause u will get better gear than everybody without even touching boss or farming anything, makes crafting, marketplace pointless....

That still doesn't ruin the actual PvE content. Market, Economy, Crafting, etc. is available for everyone, even for PvP players.. It has nothing to even do with the actual PvE content of the game. Those with the money advance quicker and get better gear quicker doesn't mean it ruins the content.

What I don't understand is why it's an issue. I am F2P and I could care less if someone wanted to throw hundreds of dollars at NCSoft to advance quicker.

It isn't ruining my experience with the game.

Again, someone who pays to advance quicker =/= ruining the actual PvE content.

It may affect the economy, but does it actually ruin the game for you? It shouldn't.

If you really enjoy the game you wouldn't be bothered by it, and be bothered by having to play a lot and grind to get to the top.

That is my goal, and I won't be spending a penny on this game.

If it really is a big issue for you, you might want to try out some different games.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Takao said:

u didint get it if u dont played game before u would never know what can make you money or how to make this much money so u will never make this money unless u have knowledge and if everybody did what u talking about u would have much less gold so this is pointless to argue about one guy who make money and comparing it with others that struggle basically cause they dont know how and its for sure not easy....... So stop being such a smartass and saying that everybody make 50-80 gold a day.......

well as i said you need to do some researching, I did read lot of topics about game and asked from many beta players what they think. also did check out what koreans do ;3 pls, do not call me smartass, its not my bad if u are a lazy person :3

7 minutes ago, Elera said:

well as i said you need to do some researching, I did read lot of topics about game and asked from many beta players what they think. also did check out what koreans do ;3 pls, do not call me smartass, its not my bad if u are a lazy person :3

Then stop sprout blatant lies that are offtopic and totaly missleading.  Still this RNG boxes ruin all crafting and u know it if u did the research. If you dont know  u must been lazy and miss the point of crafting anything.....

As a non premium of the game I can say that I am satisfied, but I cannot whiteknight about obvious P2W stuff. Please stop calling int "pay to advance". When you have 2 lvl 34 summoners, one with 90 silver the other with 5 gold, and the one is with insanse True Awakaned Blight Staff on max stats and gems and the other is with just a simple staff, no upgrades. The one have 7K hp because of superior shield and the other 4K is clearly p2w for me. Now imagine if they meet on faction quests, guess what will happen? 

Just now, Takao said:

Then stop sprout blatant lies that are offtopic and totaly missleading.  Still this RNG boxes ruin all crafting and u know it if u did the research. If u dont know it u must been lazy and miss the point of crafting.....

well I think those boxes made me a favor if they dropped soulstones prices, cause now i get my crafting materials way more cheaper (; yes also crafted items prices dropped a little bit but actually i got now little bit more gold than before cause materials are now so much cheaper (; I don´t get that your over negative attitude, why so salty? :P

8 minutes ago, Ebrietaz said:

That still doesn't ruin the actual PvE content. Market, Economy, Crafting, etc. is available for everyone, even for PvP players.. It has nothing to even do with the actual PvE content of the game. Those with the money advance quicker and get better gear quicker doesn't mean it ruins the content.

What I don't understand is why it's an issue. I am F2P and I could care less if someone wanted to throw hundreds of dollars at NCSoft to advance quicker.

It isn't ruining my experience with the game.

Again, someone who pays to advance quicker =/= ruining the actual PvE content.

It may affect the economy, but does it actually ruin the game for you? It shouldn't.

If you really enjoy the game you wouldn't be bothered by it, and be bothered by having to play a lot and grind to get to the top.

That is my goal, and I won't be spending a penny on this game.

If it really is a big issue for you, you might want to try out some different games.

You get to the top and then guy approaches you and say you bought it it looks nice.... There is nothing like u must be good to get something or u saw somebody with great gear u only say for self he bought it well there is no point in getting it if anybody can buy it .... nothing unique or hard to get everything just be skipped to the point give me money or u will lose years of live only to get something second graded it feels smells pointless so its pointles..... I want admire people who get great pve gear not say for self he bought it he is rich.......

1 minute ago, Takao said:

You get to the top and then guy approaches you and say you bought it it looks nice.... There is nothing like u must be good to get something or u saw somebody with great gear u only say for self he bought it well there is no point in getting it if anybody can buy it .... nothing unique or hard to get everything just be skipped to the point give me money or u will lose years of live only to get something second graded it feels smells pointless so its pointles..... I want admire people who get great pve gear not say for self he bought it he is rich.......

I could care less if someone thought I bought my way to the top. I can explain I didn't, and if they still don't believe me then oh well. I don't care what they think.

If that is how you look at the game, is by "losing years of your life" because some can't "P2W" and some can, then this definitely isn't the game for you.

Maybe try some console games.

19 minutes ago, Ebrietaz said:

I could care less if someone thought I bought my way to the top. I can explain I didn't, and if they still don't believe me then oh well. I don't care what they think.

If that is how you look at the game, is by "losing years of your life" because some can't "P2W" and some can, then this definitely isn't the game for you.

Maybe try some console games.

Well cause sheeps like you all mmorpg are dying . I want you to tell me after few years when u will have full pve gear farmed that it was worth when there will be not single other player on server....  It happened to me in mmorpg twice.... So i learned my lesson i just gona let this game slip into only pvp i dont care about pve anymore...  Try to watch anime overlord mainly first episode it will explain my point. (ps: yes u would want albedo to happen for self sadly it doesnt happen) u would be left with char in game nobody plays anymore thats the reality....... Is not bad for people who bought it its bad for people who grinded it (spend hours and days ,months,years)only to get something somebody bought long time before you and then left the game ....

8 minutes ago, Takao said:

Well cause sheeps like you all mmorpg are dying . I want you to tell me after few years when u will have full pve gear farmed that it was worth when there will be not single other player on server....  It happened to me in mmorpg twice.... So i learned my lesson i just gona let this game slip into only pvp i dont care about pve anymore...  Try to watch anime overlord mainly first episode it will explain my point. (ps: yes u would want albedo to happen for self sadly it doesnt happen) u would be left with char in game nobody plays anymore thats the reality....... Is not bad for people who bought it its bad for people who grinded it (spend hours and days ,months,years)only to get something somebody bought long time before you and then left the game ....

This reminds me of a friend with level 99 in Lineage 2. He acomplished that when the game is long dead...

12 minutes ago, Takao said:

Are you capable of having a conversation with anyone without insulting them? I noticed I am not the only person you have been insulting.

There are many reasons an MMO can die, and it definitely isn't because of people like me, who enjoy the game and don't whine about trivial things.

Guess what? You aren't the only one, I also have been in similar situations. I have spent hours and hours into games that eventually died due to lack of people, but I still enjoyed my time and experience while it lasted. Shit happens, and it's a part of life.

You can pout about it all you want, but it isn't going to change the game, it's only going to change your own experience and mood.

Try some console games, go get some fresh air, do something to calm yourself down.

19 minutes ago, Ebrietaz said:

Are you capable of having a conversation with anyone without insulting them? I noticed I am not the only person you have been insulting.

There are many reasons an MMO can die, and it definitely isn't because of people like me, who enjoy the game and don't whine about trivial things.

Guess what? You aren't the only one, I also have been in similar situations. I have spent hours and hours into games that eventually died due to lack of people, but I still enjoyed my time and experience while it lasted. Shit happens, and it's a part of life.

You can pout about it all you want, but it isn't going to change the game, it's only going to change your own experience and mood.

Try some console games, go get some fresh air, do something to calm yourself down.

Insulting truth is truth even if u dont like it , with that stance how can you say u like the game but still u defend game ruining aspects. Whats the point in arguing with guy who just jump on another game in less than two weeks....   Yes i wanted to BnS be THE GAME for me yet they are ruining the DREAM faster than light .Sorry that i wanted BnS be best RPG of year,   JUDGE me for that....    PS: Sorry for my naivity that i was not expecting this souless aproach from NCsoft..... i will not respond to you anymore pointless to expect white sheep to change color......

I don't really care about that. If is "grindable" or i can earn in game, i don't mind they be in the shop. Because this people are helping the devs and also paying the rent of the server so i can play without spend money on that item.

Now if they start put legendary items or items cash shop only i will go mad(and more people will) and leave the game.

this game is PAY TO WIN

face it

whoever saying it is not, you are fooling yourself or you dont even know what you are talking about.

check this picture, it is the weapon growth tree for lv 50 weapon

20848d493ea7524daf6bf86456402c4e.PNG

i know you dont understand Chinese, but check the numbers below

420.5=gold you need to upgrade

2150= the soulstone the one you get from world pvp content, it sells for 30 silver each on Taiwan server 

53= lv50 version of transformation stone. it sells for 15 gold each on taiwan server

527= moonstone the one you get from beating pvp mini boss, you can get probably 3~15 every hour. it sells for 3.3 gold each on taiwan server

1430= poison needle, you get them from pve content, it sells for 45 silver each on Taiwan server

the price on Japan server and Taiwan server are approximately the same.

now tell me how much gold you can make everyday?

and this is just up to epic. after this, there is legendary weapon upgrade. on Taiwan server, if you dont have over 10k gold, dont bother upgrade your weapon to legendary.

whoever saying this game is not pay to win but pay to get gear faster.can you define what PAY TO WIN is to me please?

the only place that gear dont matter is arena, for PVE endgame dungeon, world pvp, battle ground, this game is the defination of PAY TO WIN.

6 minutes ago, holanicky said:

this game is PAY TO WIN

face it

whoever saying it is not, you are fooling yourself or you dont even know what you are talking about.

check this picture, it is the weapon growth tree for lv 50 weapon

20848d493ea7524daf6bf86456402c4e.PNG

i know you dont understand Chinese, but check the numbers below

420.5=gold you need to upgrade

2150= the soulstone the one you get from world pvp content, it sells for 30 silver each on Taiwan server 

53= lv50 version of transformation stone. it sells for 15 gold each on taiwan server

527= moonstone the one you get from beating pvp mini boss, you can get probably 3~15 every hour. it sells for 3.3 gold each on taiwan server

1430= poison needle, you get them from pve content, it sells for 45 silver each on Taiwan server

the price on Japan server and Taiwan server are approximately the same.

now tell me how much gold you can make everyday?

and this is just up to epic. after this, there is legendary weapon upgrade. on Taiwan server, if you dont have over 10k gold, dont bother upgrade your weapon to legendary.

whoever saying this game is not pay to win but pay to get gear faster.can you define what PAY TO WIN is to me please?

the only place that gear dont matter is arena, for PVE endgame dungeon, world pvp, battle ground, this game is the defination of PAY TO WIN.

So many players haven't taken the time to follow this game's progression in other regions, It has been out for several years now, and they have no ideal what the future holds once this version is made current with the other regions....

It doesn't necessarily have Pay walls like other Free to Play games but it is going to have a severe difference in equipment progression between the casual and elite player base.

Going to be a fun game no matter which route you take.

There are many different approaches to this question and not only limited to just this MMO.

Any MMO game itself can't be considered a P2W, because you never actually finish (win) the game. Term "win" is subjective; Win as in, have all the best gear? Win, as in, be the best PvPer / PvEr around? Vast possibilities. MMO games are long-term projects for companies, made to earn money. Basically - money is all that matters to a company. There will never be a F2P EQUAL game, the sooner you accept it the better.

What's the difference between subscription-based and F2P games?

Subscription like WoW have a steady income a small guaranteed amount of money they will receive monthly. But the bad thing is - Not many people are able to pay subscriptions (talking about many gamers who basically download everything off PirateBay). Subscription model is way more balanced than F2P, only flaw of subscription model is that it might start lacking playerbase thus companies allow for "free" ways to pay for subscription using in-game items / currency.

F2P Models. Generally, any new gamer will get tricked by the words: F2P. F2P? Yes, you can play for free. But that doesn't mean you will be competitive, not in the least. GW2 is said to be the best F2P game around yet premiums still have many advantages like new zones, bag space, etc. But, every single F2P game is just a game like any other. It still cost money to make it. Thus, F2P relies on micro-transactions and differentiates between payers and non payers. Generally, if you aren't able to pay you will have to somehow compensate for it, either by grinding like a madman or cheating/exploiting (which isn't a proper thing to do!).

This all depends on the company stance and  their business plan usually devised by people in charge.

Every single MMO which has something which isn't purely aesthetical (affects you in some way rather than just a bunch of neat pixels) can be considered a "P2W". Doesn't matter even if you bought a 0.01$ item, as long as it gives a minimal advantage compared to other players that is still how the world goes. MONEY = POWER. Whether real life or gaming, people with money have that advantage of overpowering you with a tiny plastic card. And believe me - THEY WILL. They will use their power and trample all over you, and there's nothing you can do. Foolish people will start P2W-Wars. I've played ArcheAge, I've saw it and laughed at people competing to pay more. 

Example:

"You haz epic shortspear?!!!" "BETTER SWIPE MAH VISA TO OBTAIN THAT LEGENDARY SWORD FOR 90 000g (1120 EUR worth of gold) , I HAZ MOAR MONEY, f youu"  

And of course, the company lost itself in greed and the game is atm dying.

AND YES, MY FINAL VERDICT IS AS FOLLOWS:         The game itself can be considered a P2W just by having upgrade items and such in the store. 

Being a P2W doesn't necessarily mean it's bad for F2P. It means that you will have to grind and invest more time than P2W players to remain somewhat competitive.

4 minutes ago, Sycogenesis said:

So what is your opinion of pay 2 win because there isn't anything in the cash shop that is pay to win. Also p2ew in pve doesn't exist just because you have a problem with it. This is actually the first time i've heard someone complain about it

that is YOUR opinion,  IMO if you can buy a *cricket*load of boxes that will make your time in pve/dungeons alot easier to farm + gain better acces to certain items, without having to work hard for it i find it pay2win.

6 minutes ago, Ambition said:

that is YOUR opinion,  IMO if you can buy a *cricket*load of boxes that will make your time in pve/dungeons alot easier to farm + gain better acces to certain items, without having to work hard for it i find it pay2win.

No actually it's a general vastly wide opinion  Pay to win in pve just isn't a thing because pay too win is defined as having an advantage over another player in a competitive aspect and there is no player vs player competitive advantage in pve  also you do realize you can buy those things from the hongmoon store right. You are upset because you have to work for your stuff and it isn't just handed to you by simple npc  vendor purchase or something. The game is a grind get used to it dude or play something else because i guarentee you every game will have something like this.

Not everybody has hours to sit on a pc and grind or work towards something some ppl want to do stuff now and are willing to pay for it just to catch up or keep up with friends or guilds in a pve aspect it's called smart business let's see you make a f2p game and make money off of it with out doing this 

Just now, Sycogenesis said:

No actually it's a general vastly wide opinion  Pay to win in pve just isn't a thing  also you do realize you can buy those things from the hongmoon store right. You are upset because you have to work for your stuff and it isn't just handed to you by simple npc  vendor purchase or something. The game is a grind get used to it dude or play something else because i guarentee you every game will have something like this 

lmao im upset because i have to work for stuff and i want it handed to me by a simple npc vendor

Ah yeah that might be the reason im playing 8hours+ a day  doing all dungeons/dailies etc because i dont want to work hard :') funny have you actually read any of the post, or ado you always just chat shit?  you have no idea what the point of this topic is, so add something valuable, or just leave this topic, lol.

what a joke

Def not pay to win all premium is to me is a monthly sub like more ftp if you sub you get benefits unlike other monthly sub mmo's where you have to pay just to play. Someone mentioned something about 2 level 34 summoners with an upgraded staff etc thats every character i have cause its EASY i run the blackram narrows till i max all my gear get the soul shield etc its called actually taking time to collect the gear and items. Every character i have so far at level 36 i have had full heroic shield with full infernal upgrades or higher have not spent a dime. Its simple if you actually work on it my 45's do dailies every day one of them has true profane the other is on hujikar because i spent time on one so far and not the other. one has full duelist shield and 41k hp the other doesnt because is spent TIME getting my gear and weapons leveled. You cannot say someone is spending to win when you cant even buy the items to be better when you just grind for them in game. if someone has 5g at 34 good for them they probably spent time selling stuff on the marketplace just like other mmo's or they bought gold from a spammer but that doesnt change the fact that they have invested the time to get the drops.

How is that a joke there is nothing more to add you  have an obscure definition of pay too win and i simply corrected it whether you choose to accept this is not my problem  you can throw random childish names out all you want but it won't change anything i've said. I've added valuable content where as you have just decided to simply start a bashing contest that of which i will not partake in because i am not a child 

resized_joseph-ducreux-meme-generator-th

Archived