Stupid maintenance time

Veldan

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Shorsh said:

Lets math.

Server maintenance started at 1am PST

Server maintenance duration last 4 hours.

it is now 4:13AM PST.

If BNS server maintenance started at 1am with a duration of 4 hours how long do we have left?

Anyone know?

45 minutes give or take a few.

1 minute ago, Shorsh said:

Lets math.

Server maintenance started at 1am PST

Server maintenance duration last 4 hours.

it is now 4:13AM PST.

If BNS server maintenance started at 1am with a duration of 4 hours how long do we have left?

Anyone know?

A misread, thought i read it finish at 4am.

Just now, Roachz said:

A server is ment to be running 24/7, else they just bought crappy as cheap servers if they need to take it down every week to make it " healthy " again. 

That's really not how servers work. Please enlighten me what they should have done instead, you obviously understand the infrastructure side of it much better.

10 minutes ago, Renja said:

Maintenance doesn't always mean that stuff is getting fixed with the game itself. Weekly maintenance are part of keeping the servers in a healthy state and does not always have to do with the game.

People pay for premium and any time that they don't get to use that is wasted. NCSoft doesn't give extra days for the time the server's are down. Not to mention that the servers went down for 6 hours last Monday as well without any compensation. I'm not surprised people complain.

Personal responsibility brehhhhhh, whenever u decide to make a purchase or invest in anything that is timed or can be directly affected by time , you have to know the possible risks of doing so and not getting your entire moneys worth before hand. Yes compensation would not be bad , but it's also the risk we take in investing in an unknown. 

4 minutes ago, ursie said:

why stupid? you should appreciate mainteance time, this will make game better :) they are doing this for us not for them...

Read below.

14 minutes ago, Renja said:

Maintenance doesn't always mean that stuff is getting fixed with the game itself. Weekly maintenance are part of keeping the servers in a healthy state and does not always have to do with the game.

1 minute ago, Renja said:

Oh, i guess you haven't been following the whole thread about what I was mostly talking about. Allow me to literally repeat myself.
It's wasted time for EU players since the maintenance is during day time.

I'm not saying maintenance should never be done, it's just poorly timed for EU servers. They need to be at a separate time from NA.

You're right I didn't read the entire thread, it's painful on the brain.

I don't disagree that the times could be better planned out, but at the end of the day you're going to conflict whenever you do it unfortunately; I'm Australian - we lose our prime playing time (8pm) whenever they go down.

Here is what I can tell you guys from playing most MMOs from the days of Mudds forward. Every single MMO I've seen this complaint pop up on the forums and pretty much universally the response has been either something to do with either a single shared database (parhaps the shop?) or and this is more common the maintenance times are done when the fewest concurrent users are logged onto the game across all servers.

So that means in theory the times picked are when the fewest number of folks are online and in game.

Hey, it's easy for us, the players, to criticise and complain. But you have no idea how hard and complex is to handle a game like this.

There are always some unexpected things that come up. /and they must solve them as quickly as possible. They are already under stress with this time limit, at least you - the players, should keep your mouth shut and don't add to their stress.

Seriously, don't be so selfish!

They are doing everything they can to get everything be in order. 

1 minute ago, MAYAR said:

Hey, it's easy for us, the players, to criticise and complain. But you have no idea how hard and complex is to handle a game like this.

There are always some unexpected things that come up. /and they must solve them as quickly as possible. They are already under stress with this time limit, at least you - the players, should keep your mouth shut and don't add to their stress.

Seriously, don't be so selfish!

They are doing everything they can to get everything be in order. 

Quick, don't let forum posters see you using logic and reason, that stuff is dangerous around here...

1 minute ago, Potato360noscope said:

first of all, u have no clue or brain to even talk or judge

it's not fkin easy as a publisher to maintain a f2p game where hackers just make new accoutns over and over, it's not a topic casuals as me or a noob like u should talk about

if u don't have enough LOGIC to check that thread for news u should consider playing with barbies or pokemon, or whatever suits ur age or "brain age"

again, u EXPECT THEM CALLING U HOME OR WTF

u're calling ncsoft staff uneducated? how old are u?

u and ur 4 "friends" are carebear roleplayer toddlers

wait what did you just wrote?

its not easy? so how perfect world does not have problems with hackers, gold sellers and spamers? How they dont have problems with maintenance or with noticing people when is maintenance going on and where to read about it. That is f2p game also, I played pwi 2 years, and I had contacted support just 2 times and 1 was for disconnect and not be able to reconnect and 1 was for in game bug about not receiving and item from instance coz my inventory was full and I should get it in mail, but I didnt.

And I didnt know where is thread about maintenance located so I was searching for today posts and I didnt found it, so yeah I like someone posted here.

I am 27 years old and I am well educated

Important rule is if you cant find something within 3 clicks you will lose customers and its not worth of searching for 

I didnt say that ncsoft staff  not educated just they are not familiar with bns and all issues with end users and maybe some of them indeed are not educated

the thing I hate they using scripts and they follow up scenario 

Ask for dxdiag

then ask to download hijack and they should scan system and send back log file

then ask to run ms config and to go to start up and clear all programs that may interfere with blade and soul

after that they ask for security systems and firewall

and all they should do is to say

We are sorry for inconvenience we are preforming maintenance you can read all about that in this topic....

I dont know what you are trying to proof, I trying to help them to be more user friendly and to make everything easy for them, and you just attacking me with all this words and under aging stuff

6 minutes ago, Libertherme said:

That's really not how servers work. Please enlighten me what they should have done instead, you obviously understand the infrastructure side of it much better.

He is both right and wrong.  Server maintenance and updates can be done live, we see this happen in games like Warframe. Though, not sure how a live maintenance would be handled on a RPG.

13 minutes ago, warth said:

EU Maintenance? last I checked this topic is titled "Stupid maintenance time "

so EU, NA...why does this matter? we are all in maintenance so shut ur mamby pamby EU hole

Did you even read the topic before commenting? Thats what OP said;

2 hours ago, Veldan said:

pull apart NA / EU maintenance, and do EU maintenance during EU night. The current time is stupid and frustrating.

Shut your own hole first.

10 minutes ago, ursie said:

why stupid? you should appreciate mainteance time, this will make game better :) they are doing this for us not for them... And so what if its during the day? You should take  a break from a game and go outside :D

I agree with this :D

Archived