Stupid maintenance time

Veldan

32 minutes ago, YonHyakuNiju said:

It's 10:45 in the morning here in EU, maintenance time is completely acceptable. Just a reminder work and school usually start at 09:00 ;).

Don't assume everyone has school/work. There's thousands of people at home for perfectly legit reasons.

Day time maintenance is never a  good thing and it's fact that there would more people currently playing then for example 3 - 7AM.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Renja said:

Don't assume everyone has school/work. There's thousands of people at home for perfectly legit reasons.

Day time maintenance is never a  good thing and it's fact that there would more people currently playing then for example 3 - 7AM.

i perfectly agree

3 minutes ago, Renja said:

Not assuming, just stating the obvious about the majority of players. Also, you can't please everybody when you have to maintenenace servers at the same time, while half of them are in NA and half in Europe, got it?

Just now, GnatB said:

So if you're working 24 hours a day, you're hosed regardless of when they do maintenance.  So why do you care?

And most bar/pub/catering people I know sleep in.  They get home and play games to unwind before bed... which would apparently be right when you're suggesting they do maintenance instead.

Lol no I work 2 days early shift followed by 2 days late shift followed by 3 days night shift.

and Most bar pub and catering people i know work 12h shifts and get home betweeen 3 -6 am and just dive in bed. They wake and hey its maintenance :P

You can try to disable my statement as much as you want. You not even reacting to my statement that 9-5 is becoming rare and this maintenance should be separate so instead of screwing alot of people over. they do it in seperate hours for NA and EU in wich servers are average most empty. wich will be around the same hours you guys have maintenance in your own time.

Most NA people on the forum complain about the amount of maintenance not the hours. And they complain about EU complaining that they get screwed over.

Instead of complaining about EU speaking out. You should have the basic decency to at least wish they gave us the same courtesy as they do to NA. Other Region other hours. its basic.

i do my work most of the time from home in front of my pc so i can play whenever i want, i can play and work in the same time....problem is i dont play during the night, i dont like that so yes, this maintenance at this hour is not good for me and 4 hours maintenance is alot of time

stop making 100000 topics for the same issue/problem/whatever. Look in the forums be4 posting. there are at least 4 other topics about this only for this one maintenance. Happens all the time and the forum gets flooded. Also i see ppl asking about how long will the maint. take and it takes like a few seconds to look and see that in the news topic.... 

10 minutes ago, FrustratedPlayer said:

Basement virgins do neither......

Well, I can only speak for myself when I lived at home with no 9-5, but I typically played 'til 5am and got up at like 2pm.  I'd have to imagine "basement virgins" are doing much the same.  So morning is probably better than night for 'em.

Just now, Togari1111 said:

I have only one question how long is this one going to take cus before i logged off it said for 30 hours and was wondering if i read that wrong or what

no,the maintenence only last 4 hours :)

right now 2,5h I think

12 minutes ago, STR4ng3r said:

Not assuming, just stating the obvious about the majority of players. Also, you can't please everybody when you have to maintenenace servers at the same time, while half of them are in NA and half in Europe, got it?

If you're stating the obvious, let me make it more obvious. Most healthy people who go to school/work should also go to bed early. Meaning a maintenance at 3 - 7 AM would still make more sense for EU. There's a reason why NA has maintenance starting at 1 - 3 AM (depending on timezone.)

My point is that EU  and NA should have separate maintenance. (Not to mention that they should also move the damn EU marketplace to the EU servers...)

Just now, Renja said:

My point is that EU  and NA should have separate maintenance. (Not to mention that they should also move the damn EU marketplace to the EU servers...)

OK, superobvious - this is not possible, the server outage can't be separated...

2 minutes ago, Renja said:

Si va a decir lo obvio, quiero dejar más evidente. La mayoría de las personas sanas que van a la escuela / trabajo también deben ir a la cama temprano. Es decir, un mantenimiento en 3 - 7 AM se hubiera aún más sentido para la UE. Hay una razón por la que NA tiene partida de mantenimiento en 1 - (. Dependiendo de la zona horaria) 03 a.m. Mi punto es que la UE y NA deben tener mantenimiento separado. (Por no hablar de que también deberían mover el mercado maldita UE a los servidores de la UE ...)

+1

7 minutes ago, CIUPI said:

stop making 100000 topics for the same issue/problem/whatever. Look in the forums be4 posting. there are at least 4 other topics about this only for this one maintenance. Happens all the time and the forum gets flooded. Also i see ppl asking about how long will the maint. take and it takes like a few seconds to look and see that in the news topic.... 

There have been long topics before. No answer from devs or mods. so what do peolpe do when they believe to be ignored. Speak up loader.  Flood the forums if need to be. To make the point that people dont find this acceptable. I hope alot of EU people just flood the front pages and rebel. Forcing an official answer at least instead.

1 minute ago, STR4ng3r said:

OK, superobvious - this is not possible, the server outage can't be separated...

NA and EU should have (IF NCSoft set it up correctly the way they should have had, the way that's most logical) separate dedicated servers. If so, then it's very well possible.

I already find it really odd that EU servers are located in NA. Though, this happens more often with other publishers as well...

Archived