Forums

shutdown times unacceptable

ons

2 minutes ago, ons said:

I think it's clarified what I want, if you could manage to stop focusing on the negative.

How is NCSoft to be blamed for your own laziness? They put the information out there almost a full day if not a full day before maintenance started. It is your fault and your fault alone that you missed it. Yes, It would be a nice feature to have on the launcher or character select screen about maintenance but not required.

10 minutes ago, ons said:

How does this negate anything I said?

system messages blocked by spam/changing zones/pvping -CHECK

social media posting system messages favors my point -CHECK

forums posting messages favors my point -CHECK

threads on forums which is the same exact thing -CHECK

Unlike yourself, I don't want to come to the forums, I don't want to check twitter, should I be made to check these things every single day when maybe I only have an hour or two to play? Or maybe it's more convenient that when I am updating/at character select a message pops up and says SERVER MAINTENANCE at 1AM PST.

Like I said at the end of the post which I know you didn't finish reading

"As some constructive advice, maybe possibly putting shutdown times within the updater itself. I mean If I have to go to your twitter or to the forums to see shutdown times I will. But it would be more convenient if i had this information upon login."

So maybe you should take some responsibility and read ALL of the post next time.

so create a tab in chat listed as system- (loading screens dont block the chat) - 

if you dont want to goto the forums or twiter that is your choice but dont blame your laziness on NCSOFT 

there is many ways that NCSOFT can notify us of maintenance times and so far the way they have chosen is standard

the only suggestion i could recommend to them is to actualy update the launcher (similar to the Chinese/korean version with a news feed from the forum) 

1 minute ago, Atheyana said:

How is NCSoft to be blamed for your own laziness? They put the information out there almost a full day if not a full day before maintenance started. It is your fault and your fault alone that you missed it. Yes, It would be a nice feature to have on the launcher or char select screen about maintenance but not required.

It is (your) opinion that it isn't required. Like I said before why should I be required to check their twitter. See this is how things get done, when people just sit around and say everything is fine, this is when things get stale and shitty. So I will place myself into the progressive category, and you can place yourself into the "everything is fine the way it is" category.

People get so uppity when you point out that they're doing a real shit job announcing the maintenance, I know not of any other game that announces the maintenance ~20 hours before and shows in-game announcements only 30 minutes before, while not having this information anywhere else but the forums and twitter. No I don't want a *cricket*ing NCSoft employee on my door, but any other game with maintenance announce it 2 or so DAYS before while having said announcement visible EVERY-*cricket*ING-WHERE, launcher, login screen, front site etc.

38 minutes ago, ons said:

Well see here in lies the problem, why should I be responsible for finding out when (you guys) are going to shutdown the server, shouldn't this information be displayed better in-game? or maybe on login? Now, not to say it isn't provided in-game it's just hard to notice, I mean shit, every time you want to go into another zone if you don't have an ssd you have to load it. So maybe the message is lost there. Or maybe it's lost with bots spamming 24/7, who knows.

I mean again, not to place blame directly onto yourself, because I doubt you control these things. But why should I be responsible for finding out this information, should it not be provided to me? I mean maybe I just happened to miss seeing it within the constant bot spamming in the bottom left of my screen, or maybe I was changing zones, or maybe I just decided to log in and not go to the blade and soul twitter? I'm just not this type of person. I just wanna log on and play then log off. I don't wanna go to your twitter, if you want me (the customer) to know shit, then make it available to me directly.

This would be like going to a restaurant and the server coming to the table and saying, "ok so do you know what you want to eat?" "Bruh... I don't have a menu." "Oh well we don't have menu's you have to talk to the cook and see what he makes, oh and by the way you have to leave because we're going to be cleaning the store in 15 minutes, you didn't check our twitter?"

As some constructive advice, maybe possibly putting shutdown times within the updater itself. I mean If I have to go to your twitter or to the forums to see shutdown times I will. But it would be more convenient if i had this information upon login.

Anyways, not to be a dick but I could sit here and list off problems other than this that I see within the game, but overall the good>bad. Optimize the game and you can shutdown the server anytime you want.

Yeah, Missed my dailies because of this. If I would have been told when I logged in that the servers are going down at a certain time I would have finished them quickly. Company is stupid, lots of people have lives and don't check twitter and forums everyday.

3 minutes ago, ons said:

It is (your) opinion that it isn't required. Like I said before why should I be required to check their twitter. See this is how things get done, when people just sit around and say everything is fine, this is when things get stale and shitty. So I will place myself into the progressive category, and you can place yourself into the "everything is fine the way it is" category.

To be frank there are far more pressing issues to be fixed rather than worrying about a maintenance information sheet on launcher or in the game.

• Better Optimization
  • Shared Account Storage
  • Getting caught up to other regions in content

There are more that needs improvement and are a higher priority than your request.

2 minutes ago, Fomkin said:

People get so uppity when you point out that they're doing a real shit job announcing the maintenance, I know not of any other game that announces the maintenance ~20 hours before and shows in-game announcements only 30 minutes before, while not having this information anywhere else but the forums and twitter. No I don't want a *cricket*ing NCSoft employee on my door, but any other game with maintenance announce it 2 or so DAYS before while having said announcement visible EVERY-*cricket*ING-WHERE, launcher, login screen, front site etc.

Well these are the white knights, their job is to suck the *cricket* that feeds them at any cost, while also watching it burn to the ground.

3 minutes ago, Atheyana said:
3 minutes ago, Atheyana said:

To be frank there are far more pressing issues to be fixed rather than worrying about a maintenance information sheet on launcher or in the game.

• Better Optimization
  • Shared Account Storage

There are more that needs improvement and are a higher priority than your request.

• Better Optimization
  • Shared Account Storage

Anyways, not to be a dick but I could sit here and list off problems other than this that I see within the game, but overall the good>bad. Optimize the game and you can shutdown the server anytime you want.

I mean do people read half way and then just make their mind up? Usually when I have an opinion about something I want to read all of the information provided and then make my mind up.

4 minutes ago, ons said:

I mean do people read half way and then just make their mind up? Usually when I have an opinion about something I want to read all of the information provided and then make my mind up.

I'm sorry but you must not have that good of an IQ or a just wasting your intelligence because you are showing what is wrong with the USA. Most people in the USA are suffering from laziness syndrome. Break from this and actually put effort into things. The self entitled section of the country is getting stupidly annoying with their requests. Next thing we know is that you all will want a portal to get to work so you don't have to deal with traffic.

15 minutes ago, Atheyana said:
7 minutes ago, Atheyana said:

I'm sorry but you must not have that good of an IQ or a just wasting your intelligence because you are showing what is wrong with the USA. Most people in the USA are suffering from laziness syndrome. Break from this and actually put effort into things. The self entitled section of the country is getting stupidly annoying with their requests. Next thing we know is that you all will want a portal to get to work so you don't have to deal with traffic.

• Better Optimization
  • Shared Account Storage

So wait, I'm stupid? because I want things to be better? And you're smart because you want information harder to get to? I think the issue here is that stupid people think they are smart like yourself, and since you are stupid you think you are right, and no matter the amount of evidence/convenience my post brings to you, your stupidity disables you from seeing my point of view.

You assumed I didn't talk about optimizing the game because that was the first thing on your list, when IN REALITY at the end of my post I mentioned this exact thing.

So who here is the stupid one?

Listen, I can do this all day. next time I suggest you read through the posts thoroughly, before thinking about what you're going to say.

5 minutes ago, ons said:

So wait, I'm stupid? because I want things to be better? And you're smart because you want information harder to get to? I think the issue here is that stupid people think they are smart like yourself, and since you are stupid you think you are right, and no matter the amount of evidence/convenience my post brings to you, your stupidity disables you from seeing my point of view.

You assumed I didn't talk about optimizes the game because that was the first thing on your list, when IN REALITY at the end of my post I mentioned this exact thing.

So who here is the stupid one?

I was not getting on your case for the optimization and noticed it. Was just saying that the Optimization thing is far more pressing of an issue than the information bulletin on the launcher and/or in the game which saves maybe 90 seconds of pressing time (less time if you have a better PC and internet connection). Bookmark links in the browser or create a html file that directly sends you to the twitter and/or forums until this lower priority request can be addressed. Having the game run more effectively, proper content, and shared storage (lowest of the 3) are all a higher priority than saving 30-90 seconds of time. Maintenance will end up on a static rotation once a week soon (excluding emergency maintenance that isn't planned).

Now do you see where I am going with this?

23 minutes ago, Atheyana said:
6 minutes ago, Atheyana said:

I was not getting on your case for the optimization and noticed it. Was just saying that the Optimization thing is far more pressing of an issue than the information bulletin on the launcher and/or in the game which saves maybe 90 seconds of pressing time (less time if you have a better PC and internet connection). Bookmark links in the browser or create a html file that directly sends you to the twitter and/or forums until this lower priority request can be addressed. Having the game run more effectively, proper content, and shared storage (lowest of the 3) are all a higher priority than saving 30-90 seconds of time. Maintenance will end up on a static rotation once a week soon (excluding emergency maintenance that isn't planned).

Now do you see where I am going with this?

• Better Optimization
  • Shared Account Storage

See I agree with everything you said in this post, you are correct. The difference between us is that it takes time to optimize a game, you literally have to rewrite code to make it more efficient. Whereas my suggestion is extremely simple, writing a code in that pops up when maintenance is scheduled when someone logs-in takes less than 30 minutes.

Archived