FM PVP Gear and tips please!

zordinary

Could a veteran give me some run down on PVP gears needed and HOW to get them!

Also could you also leave some tips for PVP matchups.

So far i can deal with Blade Dancers (only because im playin decent mind games on when to shoot my projectiles and baiting their spins, no other reasons), Destroyers (just trying not to get parried or comboed in CC), bad KFMs (cos some are just bad),

but cant deal with BMs and Summoners (i prob dont know how to fight summoners but so far i burst their pets down with huge fire spells then kill them, worked a few times, and then try to avoid being CCed, but when i do get CCed they just walk out of my camera angel and 100 to 0 me in idk 10 seconds or something, and seems like second wind cant get me out of that green root thing. but does putting 2 points into SS do the trick?) 

BMs seem to just forever block or parry. I try to not shoot my projectiles often, i try to stay not too far, and i do have points into projectile speed. I also try to get behind them, but if i try to circle walk around they just turn camera angel with me while spamming block. If i walk close enough to use Q or E to get behind they usually trip me into their combos. I just cant seem to find an opening. Maybe because i am only lv 30 while they are lv 45? I've not played the game much so im only around 1600 right now (and also reason why im low lv)
It just seems like if i attack them i lose, if i dont attack them they carry all the initiative and decides what moves they should do, feels like im losing tempo and control over the match.

2 hours ago, zordinary said:

but cant deal with BMs and Summoners (i prob dont know how to fight summoners but so far i burst their pets down with huge fire spells then kill them, worked a few times, and then try to avoid being CCed, but when i do get CCed they just walk out of my camera angel and 100 to 0 me in idk 10 seconds or something, and seems like second wind cant get me out of that green root thing. but does putting 2 points into SS do the trick?) 

You always do 2 points into SS. It's a stun/KD escape, I can't imagine a build without. 

Also, your Q and E escape root/vine (or freeze from fellow FMs)

11 hours ago, Enhance said:

You always do 2 points into SS. It's a stun/KD escape, I can't imagine a build without. 

Also, your Q and E escape root/vine (or freeze from fellow FMs)

oh nice, i did not know my Q and E could escape things. I thought they were just used to get behind people.

let them spin it to win it until they are out of focus then freeze them to death.  They don't have enough hair to stay alive with all the ice rain.  If they grab you and hold you, just spam  1 1 1 1 1 to do damage to them.  Most destroyers will just hold you for the max time but don't notice you are still damaging them MORE damage than the stupid hold that does very minimal damage to you.

16 hours ago, zordinary said:

Could a veteran give me some run down on PVP gears needed and HOW to get them!

Also could you also leave some tips for PVP matchups.

So far i can deal with Blade Dancers (only because im playin decent mind games on when to shoot my projectiles and baiting their spins, no other reasons), Destroyers (just trying not to get parried or comboed in CC), bad KFMs (cos some are just bad),

BMs seem to just forever block or parry. I try to not shoot my projectiles often, i try to stay not too far, and i do have points into projectile speed. I also try to get behind them, but if i try to circle walk around they just turn camera angel with me while spamming block. If i walk close enough to use Q or E to get behind they usually trip me into their combos. I just cant seem to find an opening. Maybe because i am only lv 30 while they are lv 45? I've not played the game much so im only around 1600 right now (and also reason why im low lv)
It just seems like if i attack them i lose, if i dont attack them they carry all the initiative and decides what moves they should do, feels like im losing tempo and control over the match.

At 45, in the Brightstone area there is a small section called Misty Woods in the south west corner.  This has a Cerulean and Crimson camp area.  Put on your faction suit and kill the opposite faction NPCs and spawn their "bosses" Kill them and loot their insignia bundles.  Open the bundles and you get a random amount 1-4 insignia's which you can turn into your camp for Moonwater Arena soul shield.  

This soul shield will put you 35k-40k HP and have nice crit defense and other stats.  It is helpful for open world PVP

For summoners, I snatch their pet and put it to sleep with blackout.  Then chase down the summoner and burst it down ( use your divine veil to block their range attacks )

Archived