Am I meant to be poor and week

Lamp

I'm a Level 18 Blade dancer and I cant hit very hard and I cant afford a single dumpling.... I have like 4 silver and every fight is a struggle, this is normal for a blade dancer.
I also have a summoner he's poor too but hits the a fright train...on FIRE!!

5bnwgoE.jpg

Am I poor or is food overly expensive? 

well, for starters, you shouldn't have taken enough damage to really need to use all the dumplings the game's given you thus far- i'm sitting at lvl40 right now and i've still got a few left. what soul shield set are you wearing and what all do you have equipped right now? food items are a little expensive when you're starting out, but you should be doing some decent damage for your level by now. 「(゚ペ)

First go farm first wheel of fate boss, get soul shield there, evolve ur weapon and unlock, get normal dobok. After got to Geobong and farm there purple soul shield, evolve purple shield with blue one from firs wheel of fate, evolve ur weapon and unlock.  Now u can got till next purple when u will have lvl.

Blade dancer was the easiest for me to level, you have to start eating food around lvl 40 though, that's when it get harder. 1-40 was a joke though. Upgrade your weapon if you can afford it, if you're on mushin let me know i can send you some gold and food..

33 minutes ago, Hitokiri said:

First go farm first wheel of fate boss, get soul shield there, evolve ur weapon and unlock, get normal dobok. After got to Geobong and farm there purple soul shield, evolve purple shield with blue one from firs wheel of fate, evolve ur weapon and unlock.  Now u can got till next purple when u will have lvl.

he's level 18 lol

Upgrade your Hongmoon Weapon fist to level 5, then breakthrough with a Stalker Sword, then upgrade to level 10.  Get the Stalker Sword from the Wheel of Fate, or just buy it from the Auction House.  Get a complete Stalker Soul Shield set from the Wheel of Fate, and equip it.  Then, once you are level 20, buy the Viridian Valor Soul Shield set from the vendor in Jadestone Village.  As you can, reinforce it with other Soul Shields.

Remember, any weapon (still sealed) can be used to upgrade a weapon.  The same goes for the Hongmoon Necklace, Earring, and Ring.  Any piece of Jewelry can be used to upgrade these.  Remember to save the Plague Necklace, Wu Fu Earring, and Dura's Ring for the Breakthrough on the Hongmoon Jewelry.  Of course, if you have duplicates, they can be used for upgrade EXP.

As another commented, do all of the side (blue) missions, you should have plenty of food and healing potions.  If you don't think you have enough, take Herbside Service, The Silver Cauldron, The Trapper's Alliance, and Acquired Taste and make your own Healing Potions and Food for a few coppers each.

By level 20, with the Viridian Valor Soul Shield Set, you should be able to solo the dungeons that give the breakthrough jewelry.  The Viridian Valor Soul Shield set has a nice set of stat boosts including a major jump in HP.

My B.D is lvl 32 I took a break to lvl something else but hears what I've learned so far. Use your Q/E skills they move you around, as a B.D you should not be getting hit like ever when in doubt spin to win some times we get ganged up on spam the spin spam it hard. We're good dmg dealers most things should die in a few hits like every class keep your gear upgraded and you'll be fine. The c skill (can't remember the name of it) is our bread and butter it only last for 10 sec but we hit like god and we leave nothing standing afterwards. Take in your surroundings don't blindly run into a situation know your outs in case it gets hard to handle we're squishy but we're fast if mobility is not your thing try playing a B.M its almost the same thing just slower and tanky.  BTW. you have a very handsome lyn don't give up on the little guy take sometime and learn how to play him and he'll treat you right.

If you play your class right, you won't be spending a copper until you reached the level cap.

I never once used potion or food on my Summoner. Considering how easy it is and its healing power, potion and food are almost completely pointless for me playing as summoner.

The first time I ever used potion in a fight was when I started Force Master. Still, I did not like the idea of using consumption so I spent a few silver and bought a Gem Amethyst, which recover health when you land critical hit. Then I start figure a way to fight mob without letting land a hit on me in order to play my new character effectively and less potion consumption. Once I've done that, I just race to L45 and start truly start making money.

Your Lyn looks amazing btw. Care to share preset? :)

For some reason, my graphics don't look that pretty. Wonder why.

And yes, it is overly expensive. You can get it cheaper in the marketplace, at least.

Anyways, I'd hurry and get those last few quests in to unlock skill points. They can help.
With almost no information, my best advice would be to lure mobs more. If you're jumping in the middle of groups, that might be why you're losing a lot of HP. I personally try to abuse knockdowns as much as possible. 1 Skill for 1v1 and save the 3 for if mobs get near. If you've lured one out, abuse that 1, 3 and 4.

As for your weapon, SWMacrae seems to have covered it.

Archived