BDO testing is open for registration

Infamousxiii

At this point the question right now is are you willing?

Personally I don't mind giving some money. So I preordered. I did the 50/60 dollar one since I had a few friends who wanted to try it out and those guest passes was very... tempting.

So far the NA team have shown they are paying attention to the community. I'll see if I'm truely sold to the game during the upcoming Beta. I have some hope for the game but I have been keeping it in check. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a fair person. I'll give a game a chance for my money. F2P It'll play with no benefits at all and see if they treat F2Per's fairly. This is most important with optional sub options. SWTOR was a good example of what not to do to your f2per's. Currently BnS as a game is somewhat okay moving dangerously close to the edge tho. Related to that is how the people in charge treat the player base. If that's good then what they offer at the micro shops. If something catches my fancy, most likely cosmetics then I'll shell out a few dollars.

Pay 2 Play/Subs, I don't touch most of them are not worth it to begin with, Unless they bring multiple things to the table that will change the MMO genre then nope.

Buy 2 Play, I'll look into the game if they offer something that catches my eye such as, a new feature, interesting setting, or some role playing opportunities. I'll look at the people who are behind it, the devs and publishers. If they have a decent track record with some reasonable prices I'll consider it. Then I'll look into how the game plays, items sold, etc. If I think that it's fair or they can do a decent job I'll buy it. BDO is my first delve into buying a game that hasn't really proven it self. Yes it's been out in Korea for about a year but it's still untested to me.

But overall one of the important factors is how the companies involve in the game see players. If they abuse the player's trust then why would we as players give them money? If they hold the game as hostage. Then we know they have no respect for the game.

On 2/4/2016 at 1:46 AM, Yushiamo said:

BD is doing very poorly in Korea. It will do poorly in NA/EU too.

So much this.PvP in BDO is hilariously unbalanced.It's also trying to do EvE online open world PvP mechanics  but without the safeguards resulting in a gankers paradise.

If anything I'll just go back to FF14. The sub burns me, but that's just because it's a sub. The game is near flawless and my only issues with it (besides maybe a lack of options in the character creator) is it's somewhat rigid combat and the lack of proper PvP (which is mostly due to it's rigid combat and trinity). Above all, the developers are transparent and I remember a recent update where they thanked the player base for their continued support without even trying to sweep the flaming wreck that was 1.0 under the rug. They laid it all out for all to see and it was truly a humbling experience. They deserve all my money, but that sub...

Coming to a new mmo and watching how ncsoft handles business makes me miss FF14, but since I'm here (and I unfortunately bought a master pack) I'm going to make the most of it for now. At the beginning of the year I weighed the pros and cons between BnS and BD (I haven't heard much good out of the korean version) and ultimately went with BnS because it has a 3 year road map and ncsoft has a lot more experience in the NA market. I'm starting to see how little this means which makes me extremely worried for BD since it has neither of these advantages. I hope it does well since it seems to be one of the more ambitious MMO's pushing the envelope but I don't think it will end well.

See the Upside for me is that I didn't potentially waste money on BnS so I can still afford to waste it on BDO.

@MarcheTen You got a point with BDO not having a roadmap to copy, and the developers not having background in NA game release. Now look at it this way, That lack of road map means that our input matters more and that ties into the developer's venture to NA. Since this is their first release they are more willing and able to listen to the player base they are selling the product too. Right now they are growing, the NA release will reflect what the people who try the game will say. So if you want more owPvP then try their current system then suggest improvements, tweaks and compliments on what they are doing right. You might now even be beta testing but based on the information they have given you, the devs and the CURRENT testers, you can still give your input.

It's sad to see people lose trust or even just afraid to trust budding developers because of how the larger dev's action. 

So much this.PvP in BDO is hilariously unbalanced.It's also trying to do EvE online open world PvP mechanics  but without the safeguards resulting in a gankers paradise.

That's not entirely true, Basing a game's success entirely on the other side of the world is abit of a stretch. The game will be changed a tad based on the region it will be released. So even if it's crap there it might not be here. Take example BnS, Compare the game from both region.

As for the ganker's paradise, based on numerous sources Korea BDO apparently had very little owPvP since the repercussions for doing so is so bad. A player who attacks and kills other would get penalized to the point that if they ever want to keep their items and enter towns they will need to grind for days.

NA BDO they are trying to revamp the system so that you can still do owPvP and act like a bandit but there's still repercussions for going overboard. Based on the current system which they dubbed as Bounty Hunting, If you annoy some one enough they can send people who enjoy PvP after you. It's not perfect but they are trying. If anything NA is beginning to look more like ganker's paradise.

this is not a topic that should be in General Discussion on the Blade & Soul Forum!

(there, now I've said that I will say)

I'm really looking forward to BDO. Played many many hours of CBT1 and think I could happily spend many more just exploring about and taking my time in that game. Took a bunch of screenshots that I was really happy with (if anyone cares to see them they're here http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/5476-visual-diary-cbt1-ultrawideqhdhigh-end/ - running on ultra graphics at 3440x1440 21:9 aspect ratio UltraWidescreen ) - such a beautiful and well realized world and a great change from the other MMO's around currently (including this one.)

The reason I like these games is not the PvE or the PvP (the ping for those of us in Oceania makes it an impossibility) it's the exploration and immersion in the world that one can have. I don't have time to no-life these games anymore so endgame is less important to me than it was many years ago. I also have the patience to play the game at a steady pace, so couldn't care less whether there are P2W aspects or CC warriors all over the place (which in BDO seems currently fairly unlikely if Daum stick to what they've outlined for the cash shop) so what others do with their time and money makes no difference to me. 

At the end of the day we should be thankful there are so many interesting game options available to us as players.

2 hours ago, enem said:

which says nothing at all about the game - all it does is reinforce that you have a minuscule attention span.

Ok let me be more specific, the game is poorly optimized, the graphics are only for those with high end machines on low settings it looks horrible, pve wise, it was ok but nothing special, i haven't tried any pvp so cant speak for that. One thing that makes me question this game is the fact they want us to pay meanwhile you can easily play on european server with english patch for free, so yeah i dont like this game that much, but thats just my opinion, if you like it, good, hope you enjoy it.

8 minutes ago, 865804_1452550338 said:

Ok let me be more specific, the game is poorly optimized, the graphics are only for those with high end machines on low settings it looks horrible, pve wise, it was ok but nothing special, i haven't tried any pvp so cant speak for that. One thing that makes me question this game is the fact they want us to pay meanwhile you can easily play on european server with english patch for free, so yeah i dont like this game that much, but thats just my opinion, if you like it, good, hope you enjoy it.

see that's a much better response than "tried it for an hour, uninstalled it" :)

i've heard on some configurations (fairly low ones) it actually ran really well, but not an all of them. there's no doubt it is pushing some aspects of the graphics quite hard, and i'm lucky enough to have a decent high-end machine so get the benefit of seeing it with all the bells and whistles.  each to their own though, and it's good that different games appeal to different people. 

57 minutes ago, BattleHymn said:

Then why play BnS NA? Just go get a english patch and play in another server way across the world.

Maybe because of connection issue?

How about talking to others? Not necessarily the language but the people online. Might not be alot of players online.

Again BnS has different or tweaked features in other countries like Free Wardrobe. Why not play there? Some people complain about comparing BnS NA with BnS other country. Yet comparing BDO Other country with BDO NA is okay? You might not be doing it but it's the same principle.

Personally i don't mind Buying a game, I mean I do that with console games and other games in the pc like Fallout 4 so why are MMORPGs any different?

Keyword is BUYING the game. not renting it. Subscribing to a game makes no sense to me, now if the company does something like subscribing to them so that you can play all their games then sure that's like subbing to gamefly. Which lets you play any and all games they have for a subscription fee. If you compare it to movies it's Netflix, Hulu, etc. Except instead of movies it's games. 

43 minutes ago, Ryuushiro said:

See the Upside for me is that I didn't potentially waste money on BnS so I can still afford to waste it on BDO.

@MarcheTen You got a point with BDO not having a roadmap to copy, and the developers not having background in NA game release. Now look at it this way, That lack of road map means that our input matters more and that ties into the developer's venture to NA. Since this is their first release they are more willing and able to listen to the player base they are selling the product too. Right now they are growing, the NA release will reflect what the people who try the game will say. So if you want more owPvP then try their current system then suggest improvements, tweaks and compliments on what they are doing right. You might now even be beta testing but based on the information they have given you, the devs and the CURRENT testers, you can still give your input.

It's sad to see people lose trust or even just afraid to trust budding developers because of how the larger dev's action. 

That is a really good point but I feel it also depends on the developer for the new mmo. I don't want to rule it out but I feel that MMO's with a middle man like DAUM west for BDO or Trion for AA (terrible example I know) tend to be on a fixed track that isn't as severe as the one we will be seeing in BnS (since the game is 3 years behind). This is pretty much your point, but I'm adding that our input will mean more in BDO than it will in BnS (because a new game being localized will have more room for changes than a old game being localized) but if that level of input is the standard amount of input we would expect from any other new localized mmo, will they be accepting enough to save BDO?

To clarify, I'm saying that if the game is doing poorly in Korea, will accepting the same amount of input as any other new mmo being localized to NA save them? They would have to be accepting A LOT of NA/EU input and this is where I expect the middle man/developer relationship to be a problem.

Edit: On your point about losing trust because of guys like ncsoft, I unfortunately agree since I'm a good example myself.

On 2/4/2016 at 5:22 AM, Hitokiri said:

Black Desert is trash. Vindictus is trash. WoW is dead. So if you leave just leave. Nobody cares here about where u leave or why u leave. We just dont give a ..... 

Stop trashing the forums with your mawkish girly posts.

Vindictus is a very cool game ruined by a terrible business model and korean-minded farming.

On 2/4/2016 at 8:46 PM, Yushiamo said:

BD is doing very poorly in Korea. It will do poorly in NA/EU too.

don't know that for sure though I am unlikely to bother with it .. have been underwhelmed by all so called MMOs since WoW came out as a rule (there have been a few good ones but mostly not all that great AND yes this includes WoW)

8 minutes ago, MarcheTen said:

That is a really good point but I feel it also depends on the developer for the new mmo. I don't want to rule it out but I feel that MMO's with a middle man like DAUM west for BDO or Trion for AA (terrible example I know) tend to be on a fixed track that isn't as severe as the one we will be seeing in BnS (since the game is 3 years behind). This is pretty much your point, but I'm adding that our input will mean more in BDO than it will in BnS (because a new game being localized will have more room for changes than a old game being localized) but if that level of input is the standard amount of input we would expect from any other new localized mmo, will they be accepting enough to save BDO?

To clarify, I'm saying that if the game is doing poorly in Korea, will accepting the same amount of input as any other new mmo being localized to NA save them? They would have to be accepting A LOT of NA/EU input and this is where I expect the middle man/developer relationship to be a problem.

Personally? I think it can save the game. Even if you look at it as a business they would WANT to make players happy. They want to draw players in large part of their income will be people joining the game since it will be B2P. It is very important that this game is one that people will want to play. This is where Input comes in. And if they are smart they would look at what their competitions are doing wrong.

One wrong move can make a game go down hill, in contrast a few good moves and it can be saved.

Currently they seem to be accepting quiet a lot of input. And even talking about some of the ideas they have seeing if people agree or disagree. If people have issues like the system being abused, they seem to be trying to fix that idea.

Next bit isn't directed to you MarcheTen:

I've mention before that games are MMO, what I personally want to see is MMORPG. This doesn't necessarily mean STATS EVERYWHERE but actual Role Play. your character taking a role. Not just that of a combatant but maybe a simple farmer. A few games have tried this, most are coming from asian countries like Korea. Western society has a different view on MMOs and don't see them as worlds to live in but just somewhere to f... around with. And western society also can't decide sometimes on what it wants. Do we want Grindy? Do we want RNG? Do we want PvP? Do we want PvE? The answer will be all over the place. Maybe it's because of the mentality that "It doesn't affect me so I don't care". The failure to notice that even if it doesn't directly affect you it will indirectly do. Also Prissy people who can't talk like civilized people.

Mini rant over!

On 2/4/2016 at 10:17 PM, AttacKat said:

FYI: You do realize/know/understand know your post is a forum bannable post, right?

Advertising 
This forum is not to be used for advertising non beneficial, non-Blade and Soul related businesses, organizations, or websites.

I think mods aren't locking this thread yet because they want to show the community that BDO is pretty bad. We're stuck with Blade and Soul ladies and gents!

3 minutes ago, Ryuushiro said:

Personally? I think it can save the game. Even if you look at it as a business they would WANT to make players happy. They want to draw players in large part of their income will be people joining the game since it will be B2P. It is very important that this game is one that people will want to play. This is where Input comes in. And if they are smart they would look at what their competitions are doing wrong.

One wrong move can make a game go down hill, in contrast a few good moves and it can be saved.

Currently they seem to be accepting quiet a lot of input. And even talking about some of the ideas they have seeing if people agree or disagree. If people have issues like the system being abused, they seem to be trying to fix that idea.

I'll have to take your word for it because I haven't been keeping up with the BDO scene much lately. I probably won't be picking it up on launch cause I decided on BnS but if NA/EU input is actually shaping the game up, I'll be picking it up soon after. I just wish they delayed it a bit longer to allow ncsoft to play their hand and make their mistakes so they can build the game up more off it (if they even intend to do this). Though the game is launching an entire month from now and it's been interesting to see what ncsoft accomplished in these past two weeks.

4 minutes ago, skyy said:

I think mods aren't locking this thread yet because they want to show the community that BDO is pretty bad. We're stuck with Blade and Soul ladies and gents!

Are we advertising it thou?

We are discussing both games. If anything NCsoft can look into what people like or dislike about their game Vs what people like and dislike about another game.

If even mentioning another game is a crime then a good amount of threads would be closed since people have mentioned other games and business.

I mean I've mentioned Non game related companies already. granted using them as a comparison and not going GO HERE!

2 minutes ago, MarcheTen said:

I'll have to take your word for it because I haven't been keeping up with the BDO scene much lately. I probably won't be picking it up on launch cause I decided on BnS but if NA/EU input is actually shaping the game up, I'll be picking it up soon after. I just wish they delayed it a bit longer to allow ncsoft to play their hand and make their mistakes so they can build the game up more off it (if they even intend to do this). Though the game is launching an entire month from now and it's been interesting to see what ncsoft accomplished in these past two weeks.

This will be a double post but:

I really do suggest looking it up your self. One of the fault of some posters so far is that they don't read or even try to get up to date with what they are talknig about. In my case it's because I might have understood something or misread it. I do have some time to kill so I hope BnS can entertain me for a while. As I've mention before I don't plan on quitting BnS completely. I've met a few people who talk and I've developed some early resemblance of friendship. Would be rude to just go "Okay c'ya PEACE" Since I don't want others to do that to me.

I'd understand a delay. It might be delayed for a week or two maybe a month if they receive some feedback that would require that much change. It'd be bad practice to keep pushing back but it it really is for the betterment of the game I'll accept it. Personally? I think they'll try to keep it at that date.

1 minute ago, Ryuushiro said:

This will be a double post but:

I really do suggest looking it up your self. One of the fault of some posters so far is that they don't read or even try to get up to date with what they are talknig about. In my case it's because I might have understood something or misread it. I do have some time to kill so I hope BnS can entertain me for a while. As I've mention before I don't plan on quitting BnS completely. I've met a few people who talk and I've developed some early resemblance of friendship. Would be rude to just go "Okay c'ya PEACE" Since I don't want others to do that to me.

I'd understand a delay. It might be delayed for a week or two maybe a month if they receive some feedback that would require that much change. It'd be bad practice to keep pushing back but it it really is for the betterment of the game I'll accept it. Personally? I think they'll try to keep it at that date.

Yeah I'll look into it more, I was following youtubers like Stepparu during the Korean betas, maybe he/she will have some more coverage closer to launch. I can't imagine them delaying it if there are still people who could maintain just half the hype I had on BDO's reveal up to this point, but I definitely feel it would have been beneficial. Either way, competition is good so hopefully daum won't practice the things ncsoft is doing to show them just how far some good practices/will can get you.

2 minutes ago, MarcheTen said:

Yeah I'll look into it more, I was following youtubers like Stepparu during the Korean betas, maybe he/she will have some more coverage closer to launch. I can't imagine them delaying it if there are still people who could maintain just half the hype I had on BDO's reveal up to this point, but I definitely feel it would have been beneficial. Either way, competition is good so hopefully daum won't practice the things ncsoft is doing to show them just how far some good practices/will can get you.

Here's to hoping right? Well If I have any spare guest passes I'll let you have one if you want.

Till then Grinding Yehara's Shadow Strike to get that Obsidian outfit... Unless that's not where I get it

1 hour ago, wootwoots said:

hm

what the BnS end game ? Gear evolution like ALL existing mmo. Nothing different there so far

Everything is easy ? i dont think BnS is hard either tho ( just need the proper gear to deal more and more dmg, so be able to run the next dungeon / area )

No skills just number ? well BnS & BDo gameplay are sure different. But there is also "skills" in BDO, sure, its less "tactic" i wont deny it, from what i could try, but its neither dumb as you try to say.

And whatever how much i love BnS gameplay, its not perfect either, BDO gameplay also have his strength and weakness

BDO pvp content : actualy there is somes arena ( so far i saw from somes video ), you also have siege / node wars ( so gvg )

BnS pvp content : 1v1 because the gameplay is perfect for that, and dont fit "large scale" pvp. Imho faction "pvp" is only pve, with randomly  guys attacking you like no balls players when you pve / Dont pay attention / When they out number you ( its what i see 98% of the time in "faction" )

"They focused too much on the graphics and forgot about everything else,"

hm, well yeah you clearly just showed you know jack sh*t about that game xD

I mean if you want to hate BDO because you love B&S, at least, be honest and stop try to spread false word.

After as i already said, BDO clearly wont be the messiah and totaly revolutionise the mmo world, but it bring enough very good thing to be a top-notch mmo.

BDO requires no skill to be played is a mindless hack and slash and not even a good one, everything is easy as *cricket*, pvp arena?, yeah probably all pvp in that game is gear based, no skill at all which is what scrubs like, they want their gear to carry them or their real money to carry them through games, thats why i like BnS pvp, because you get nothing from gear, you want to win?, you have to know how to play the game, and yeah, they focused too much on their graphics and their game has no content and they even managed to make it easy so mental invalids can go and turn off their already minimal brain activity to 0 while they just slam their heads on their keyboard and pretending they are gamers.

And im no fanboy of BnS, there are many things i dislike about the game, mostly are related to their shit administration (NCsoft) and their greed, im only here because of the skill based pvp and no Bullshit like other MMORPGS where you have to get "tiers" and shit to be able to do anything in pvp, thats pvp for pussies, for scrubs, i dont like that shit, thats why im here not brcause BnS is perfect.

3 minutes ago, Moderadoresputos said:

BDO requires no skill to be played is a mindless hack and slash and not even a good one, everything is easy as *cricket*, pvp arena?, yeah probably all pvp in that game is gear based, no skill at all which is what scrubs like, they want their gear to carry them or their real money to carry them through games, thats why i like BnS pvp, because you get nothing from gear, you want to win?, you have to know how to play the game, and yeah, they focused too much on their graphics and their game has no content and they even managed to make it easy so mental invalids can go and turn off their already minimal brain activity to 0 while they just slam their heads on their keyboard and pretending they are gamers.

And im no fanboy of BnS, there are many things i dislike about the game, mostly are related to their shit administration (NCsoft) and their greed, im only here because of the skill based pvp and no Bullshit like other MMORPGS where you have to get "tiers" and shit to be able to do anything in pvp, thats pvp for pussies, for scrubs, i dont like that shit, thats why im here not brcause BnS is perfect.

Right like Gear totally can't carry you in BnS. Totally Soloed Dungeons PURELY cause of skill. Managed to Kill a few Reds all cause of skill totally not cause of my gear that game me ridiculous health and Evade stat.

As I have mentioned in some other thread BnS' combat is tactical and that's a separate skill from what is required from BDO. BDO is more similar to FPS in skill requirement. More reaction and twitch based.

Much like the arguments that defends BnS say: The moment you start to bad mouth others you lose credibility. Being respectful of other's opinion goes a long way to putting weight to your argument. 

Archived