Soulstones...WTF?!

Lienn

On 18.2.2016 at 8:36 AM, Elynya said:

This is main faction event occurs in new faction zone.

It has 3 stage

1. Kill other faction npc at middle

2. Protect mining spot

3. Kill other faction boss

at the end Kill terror boss for more bonus prestige point.

This event also part of player daily and main source of prestige point, can use this point to exchange for a soul stone box, moon stone box etc... (this is your main income)

Most box need a ton of prestige point so a faction rank is a main factor here more rank do you have = more prestige point you can carry.

Player need full load of damage too if a player does less damage there is a chance that player will get nothing from that killed.

As usual if player got killed all prestige will reset to zero so preparing for a zerg (if you have 1000 prestige point then got killed by other faction RIP your 1000 prestige point).

It's a very long event need a good equipment.

There is some minor event occur in the same area too like

1. collect meteor stone

2. protect soul stone miner

3. take back faction body

and more

You can do faction event all day and made a ton of profit or a ton of craft/weapon evolve material.

SO with all the insane 4fps laggs, this will be the absolute point where players will quit the game. Blackwyrm is already unplayable, you go in, screen freezes, you die.

Imagine having to farm Blackwyrm for income, it's already near impossible to participate with the abysmal performance of the game. Imagine you can't get the loot from these main events bcause you can't do the damage required. I was so praying they wouldn't tie important things to big events like that, the game just CANT HANDLE IT.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/4/2016 at 7:02 PM, Lienn said:

Seriously...whoever had the idea of tying a key item to PvP content should be fired ASAP!

It's not fun for those who doesn't like PvP (in my case, hate it with passion) because you're forced to do faction dailies and have to deal with people that wanna PvP (and assholes PK'ing players at lower areas) and not fun for those who like it either because one willing for a PvP match wouldn't really be looking forward to easy kills on people w/o PvP build that was doing dailies because was forced to.

I started faction stuff only yesterday due the surge of need of soulstones imposed by higher level content but it's already giving me some tremendous headache...enough to start wondering if this game is worth playing at all. It's very saddening seeing such horrible design decision in a game that actually could've been awesome.

Would be nice they actually adding soulstones to PvE content as well. Tomb of Exiles has soulstone as daily reward so i assume this would be the best way to start...making lv40+ dailies offering soulstone as well...if not then making field bosses' loot dropping them.

The only thing that cannot stay is them staying only as PvP daily/arena reward because it creates a choking point for those that actually wanted to enjoy the PvE content because not everyone has money to pay ~30s per soulstone. =/

If no change is possible then just do like older games...add a toggle for PvP. Outfits can stay just as they are, with the toggle working only for players so the aggressive/ally mark stays working as now but only for NPCs when PvP is off. 

EDIT: An important point about PvP toggle: Be sure to prevent people with PvP off from getting prestige. IMO one wanting prestige is one actually interested in taking part of PvP so he must be targeted by other players.

It's not even really tied to PVP, you farm npc mobs , you just have to have your faction outfit on. There is only one quest that requires you to actually pvp. Stop being a baby. You can always just buy them on the marketplace.

On 2/18/2016 at 8:47 AM, Lurkios said:

12 minutes ago, Laethiel said:

It's not even really tied to PVP, you farm npc mobs , you just have to have your faction outfit on. There is only one quest that requires you to actually pvp. Stop being a baby. You can always just buy them on the marketplace.

Yeah, at least on Mushin, people still think owPvP is fun when the reality it owPvP is just a simple zerg fest.

On TW, it is a known unspoken truce about owPvP, 1st 1/2 of the channels = reds farming, 2nd 1/2 = blue farming, middle channel = owPvP. When NA/EU players start to follow something like that, then you won't be hearing any complains about PvE content locked behind PvP walls.

17 minutes ago, AttacKat said:

Yeah, at least on Mushin, people still think owPvP is fun when the reality it owPvP is just a simple zerg fest.

On TW, it is a known unspoken truce about owPvP, 1st 1/2 of the channels = reds farming, 2nd 1/2 = blue farming, middle channel = owPvP. When NA/EU players start to follow something like that, then you won't be hearing any complains about PvE content locked behind PvP walls.

On my server its more or less the same but most of the time only 2 channels, the reds stick to channel 2, blues to channel 1, but there is an intermix on both at times and it gets to be fun. But while you're out farming the npc stuff mostly the unspoken rule that people generally follow. Not to mess with you unless you're at the tents. But there are always      exceptions

On 2/4/2016 at 7:13 PM, ilwing said:

you do realize this is primarily a pvp mmo not a pve mmo right?

There is content that is PvE to bring you all the way to end game. That means it is either at the worst case. Your statement is a bald misrepresentation of the game. I read up on it too. The statement above that it was "unofficially" touted as a PvP game is absolutely true. That doesn't mean that the PvE is non-existence or lesser than PvP. But think what you will. I love leading people like you to unreal conclusions since you are so easily fooled.

• 3 weeks later...
On 23-2-2016 at 1:09 PM, MrRendor said:

No this is PVE game that will succeed or die by its PVE content.

If this would be PVP game:

People could level by killing other people from 1 to 45

There would be no I am switching my clothes so you can't kill me

Corpse Looting

And most of all

There would not be a quest where you are told to select a side but then told by the faction leader that their side is full so choose the other...

That quest alone made the PVP obsolete storywise and made certain it is unimportant to the game except for end game grind content.

-Pve Farm BSH, sell Hongmoon skill for 200-400 gold, buy 800-1600 soulstones...

-Pve solo Brightstone, Sell 2 moon thingies for 1.5 gold, buy 6 Soulstones...Merry Potters chance to drop = bonus

Its not beause you cannot PVE them directly that you cannot obtain them through pve...

8 hours ago, Archess said:

-Pve Farm BSH, sell Hongmoon skill for 200-400 gold, buy 800-1600 soulstones...

-Pve solo Brightstone, Sell 2 moon thingies for 1.5 gold, buy 6 Soulstones...Merry Potters chance to drop = bonus

Its not beause you cannot PVE them directly that you cannot obtain them through pve...

you do realize that 1: BSH hongmoon scrolls drops are abysmal, some ppl take 45 runs just to drop one. AND NOT EVERY SCROLL IS EXPENSIVE (aka kfm comet strike, sum bees, FM ??? [i dont remember which skill]). And even if you get all that gold, i doubt anyone would spend everything in soulstones

2: Not every class can solo brightstone, some need to be very well geared in order to do it, and some cant even do shit because of the annoying reset bug (aka warlock, force masters [but they still can kite with freezing skills so some of them dont have this problem). Merry potters recipe also have a very low drop rate, my friend took around 37 runs before she managed to get it.

For all the pvp'ers out there like me, the item in your bag to pvp is bad like you said, but for a completely different reason than you said.

PvP should be ALL of the time, not electable by the player. That defeats the purpose in games like this of true world pvp.

Please, for all of us who level, do zillions of quests and dungeons, for the sole reason of pvp'ing endgame, pvp shouldn't be something only for those who are strong and wish to partake in it.

It's a right of passage to get killed over and over while leveling, in order to do the same to others later. PvP in a battleground or a zone where gear is scaled to make all people equal is not real pvp. Grow a pair!

There's nothing like the rush of being surprise attacked or ganking someone else, and feeling the thrill of combat as it is in real life, not in a fabricated laboratory. When your heart is pounding and you're hanging on to your life with every combo you've mastered, you'll know I'm right. There's nothing else like it!

What people need to understand is that not everyone likes or even can PvP. I have anxiety, and learned very quickly that open world PvP and Arena PvP is no bueno for it (boo). But, I still enjoyed the PvE content of the game.

So, what to do?

PvE like a champ.

Do the Big Four. Clear Mushin's Tower.  Do Blackram Supply Chain, Do Bloodshade Harbor. Do Naryu Labrynth. Hell, rip through Tomb of Exiles for those two free soulstones, and maybe even help so lowbies through it.

This should net you more than enough gold to buy any soulstones that you need. Especially nowadays, when the market is flooded, thanks to both bots and the fact that tournament season is upon us, and people are going crazy training in Arena.

There's no reason a PvEr can't get soulstones, even if the faction dailies is something you'd rather avoid. And I'm saying this as a PvEr who literally cannot do PvP. I have never complained about the soulstone situation, because if someone is willing and able to do something I can't (Arena PvP), why shouldn't they be compensated for it? Not to mention, their surplus trickles down to me, anyway. And with the gold I make daily, I still have a profit at the end of the night.

Everybody wins.

On 2016-03-21 at 3:19 PM, AttacKat said:

Not according to NC Elusive here: " But, to be clear, this is not really a game that is focusing on PvP in the PvE setting, like you would expect from, say, Lineage or Guild Wars.

Please, stop posting crap out of context. What NC Elusive meant is that BnS is not focusing on OWPvP. Which is exactly PvP in PvE environment. However, Arena PvP is a whole different thing. It's the main attraction of the game. You don't see PvE e-sports, do you?

On 3/15/2016 at 5:23 PM, Frozere said:

Well at least the bots fixed this problem. They're so cheap now. ;)

I have same opinion. 

Bots may looks like a disaster to this game, but they really not. 

They make marketplace much more stable and fair and its ok. 

26 minutes ago, Kaal said:

However, Arena PvP is a whole different thing. It's the main attraction of the game. You don't see PvE e-sports, do you?

Main attraction? Your opinion. It may be what NCSoft and some players want, but I couldn't care less for it, personally.

But hey, if it works as an excuse to get content faster, I'll just cope and stick to PvE as usual.

7 hours ago, Kaal said:

It's the main attraction of the game. You don't see PvE e-sports, do you?

Main attraction? Seriously? A non-gear dependent arena that takes up maybe 5% of their development time? They have a LONG way to go if PvP is their main attraction.

#1 2015 ESport payout: 18.43M, Dot 2,

BnS: # 233, 103K.

Idk why people are overcharging for soulstones. As long as you can hold 50 prestige, you can buy x3 item with it, then farm the 100 (5-7 ss) trade in. I get 14-35 ss every hour depending on how many people there are/how many times I get knocked out. Now imagine 50 people x active channel x how many servers there are x every hour, and that's before the bots. You also have the daily that give around 40. Literally costs you nothing except for normal keys.

On 18/02/2016 at 7:36 AM, Elynya said:

This is main faction event occurs in new faction zone.

It has 3 stage

1. Kill other faction npc at middle

2. Protect mining spot

3. Kill other faction boss

at the end Kill terror boss for more bonus prestige point.

This event also part of player daily and main source of prestige point, can use this point to exchange for a soul stone box, moon stone box etc... (this is your main income)

Most box need a ton of prestige point so a faction rank is a main factor here more rank do you have = more prestige point you can carry.

Player need full load of damage too if a player does less damage there is a chance that player will get nothing from that killed.

As usual if player got killed all prestige will reset to zero so preparing for a zerg (if you have 1000 prestige point then got killed by other faction RIP your 1000 prestige point).

It's a very long event need a good equipment.

There is some minor event occur in the same area too like

1. collect meteor stone

2. protect soul stone miner

3. take back faction body

and more

You can do faction event all day and made a ton of profit or a ton of craft/weapon evolve material.

Can anyone fking explain to me how exactly the people are doing so much damage and have such high hp lol, no wonder no one does this shit right now as we die in one hit and most classes can't even come close to that damage. Unless that's the chinese p2w server @.@

7 hours ago, WhiteCrow said:

Can anyone fking explain to me how exactly the people are doing so much damage and have such high hp lol, no wonder no one does this shit right now as we die in one hit and most classes can't even come close to that damage. Unless that's the chinese p2w server @.@

What do you mean? lol its being done easily right now...I've went from Private first class yesterday to Sergeant First Class today just from turning those prestiges in

On 25.2.2016 at 6:05 PM, AttacKat said:

The problem isn't so much that oPvP is a Zergfest, it is that one faction can hog a channel. While faction balance itself is important, a channel would need its own balancing so it isn't 20 reds vs 4 blues.

6 hours ago, Finsternis said:

The problem isn't so much that oPvP is a Zergfest, it is that one faction can hog a channel. While faction balance itself is important, a channel would need its own balancing so it isn't 20 reds vs 4 blues.

Which is unlikely to happen because that means KR needs to program in channel population ratio control, and since you cannot ever tell when owPvP is going to happen, you have no way to control it.

8 hours ago, ynott said:

What do you mean? lol its being done easily right now...I've went from Private first class yesterday to Sergeant First Class today just from turning those prestiges in

Yes if you are on the leading faction on your server + have no lag + have people actually do this lol. Plus my main concern is they are using legendary soul shields in that vid, if we had that we could do this too lol. Have you seen anyone running with 2k+ prestige?

20 hours ago, Finsternis said:

There is no any problem on CN/TW/JP actually I don't sure how and why but seem like there is some agreement that never been told upfront

X to X channel for blue

XX to XX channel for red

XXX to XXX channel for owpvp

something like that

if you are a blue player on red channel most red player will never hit or trying to kill you unless you are hitting them first (some player may kill you but it's very rare)

you can even wearing faction outfit then afk for a whole day and expect no one will kill you.

On 25/3/2559 at 10:22 AM, WhiteCrow said:

They are using high-end gear right now only KR and CN has that gear (Nebula weapon and Element accessories).

Western will get that gear some day.

Dear NCSoft :

Gating soulstones (a component we need for nearly everything from Moonwater Plains onward) behind faction quests (and thus open world PvP) is terrible design. It's clear you did it because you knew no one would bother with it otherwise if they had other ways to get the soulstones from PVE that were decent.

42 minutes ago, Nilkemios said:

Dear NCSoft :

Gating soulstones (a component we need for nearly everything from Moonwater Plains onward) behind faction quests (and thus open world PvP) is terrible design. It's clear you did it because you knew no one would bother with it otherwise if they had other ways to get the soulstones from PVE that were decent.

Whats even worse is, if you are on an outnumbered faction, you can't even get back too Misty Woods because those zones are locked to the over populated faction.

Archived