Soulstones...WTF?!

Lienn

Can't really blame the op for not liking world pvp.  BnS tries hard, but its still garbage when compared to arena.  Gear advantage, number advantage, people only initiating fights when they are sure to win (low hp opponent,  cooldowns down from previous fights).  Its either people playing as lame as possible (big zerg farming little zerg, usually at respawn points), or people ignoring it can just fighting npcs.  If your idea of good pvp is the faction dailies then I'll just have disagree.  Red take channel x, blue take channel y...  Pretty lame.  Want anything different?  Enjoy your 1v10 insta gib.

Why not avoid it or ask for ways to?

And to clarify, bns is famous for its arena pvp and its trinity independent pve.  Faction based world/large scale pvp is about as good as the crafting system this game.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Rey said:

Eventually soulstones will be as common as the fusion powder (over exaggerating here) but once the new content will be released quests will usually give you soulstones as well.

The next PvP faction zone in Moonwater Plains (whatever it may get translated into for NA/EU), allows you to obtain as much as 35 (I think) every 20 mins.

1 minute ago, AttacKat said:

The next PvP faction zone in Moonwater Plains (whatever it may get translated into for NA/EU), allows you to obtain as much as 35 (I think) every 20 mins.

We're in Moonwater Plains now. I think you mean Silverfrost.

15 hours ago, Lienn said:

Seriously...whoever had the idea of tying a key item to PvP content should be fired ASAP!

It's not fun for those who doesn't like PvP (in my case, hate it with passion) because you're forced to do faction dailies and have to deal with people that wanna PvP (and assholes PK'ing players at lower areas) and not fun for those who like it either because one willing for a PvP match wouldn't really be looking forward to easy kills on people w/o PvP build that was doing dailies because was forced to.

I started faction stuff only yesterday due the surge of need of soulstones imposed by higher level content but it's already giving me some tremendous headache...enough to start wondering if this game is worth playing at all. It's very saddening seeing such horrible design decision in a game that actually could've been awesome.

Would be nice they actually adding soulstones to PvE content as well. Tomb of Exiles has soulstone as daily reward so i assume this would be the best way to start...making lv40+ dailies offering soulstone as well...if not then making field bosses' loot dropping them.

The only thing that cannot stay is them staying only as PvP daily/arena reward because it creates a choking point for those that actually wanted to enjoy the PvE content because not everyone has money to pay ~30s per soulstone. =/

If no change is possible then just do like older games...add a toggle for PvP. Outfits can stay just as they are, with the toggle working only for players so the aggressive/ally mark stays working as now but only for NPCs when PvP is off. 

EDIT: An important point about PvP toggle: Be sure to prevent people with PvP off from getting prestige. IMO one wanting prestige is one actually interested in taking part of PvP so he must be targeted by other players.

hunty boo boo, you will be missing out on maybe 4 ish soulstones if you don't do the PVP ones, legit MOST of the faction quests are PVE , and if you can't handle 1 opposite faction while on your way to soulstone gathering then you need to stick to Pokemon... PLEASE stop whining. 

U can always tell the people that have small packages and get beat up/picked on in RL by how much they enjoy PvP and diss PvE, the gotta act big somewhere cause without video pixels to beat up on low lvl players or players that dont want to PvP they have no power. Anyone that enjoys PvP just cause they like making someone else gaming experience bad is just that, a loser that needs to act big behind a character on a screen cause they cant act big in real life.

On 4. 2. 2016 at 1:28 PM, Sylvaeril said:

Or maybe we actually like pve? Maybe we like being able to master the algorithms and patterns of bosses? Maybe we're not all itchy trigger fingered like you? Maybe we don't think playing pve is something to be ashamed of?

And maybe you say the things you say because you have a classic mindset of stop liking the things i don't like?

Guess what I love PvE too and actually Iam pretty, bad at pvp. What I hate tho is that someome absolutley avoids pvp even if its 30mins a day running in open world pvp area.  You cna do majority of quests in empty channel and avoid enemy easy I do that too on my weak alts. 

On 4. 2. 2016 at 2:45 PM, Arithin said:

Can't really blame the op for not liking world pvp.  BnS tries hard, but its still garbage when compared to arena.  Gear advantage, number advantage, people only initiating fights when they are sure to win (low hp opponent,  cooldowns down from previous fights).  Its either people playing as lame as possible (big zerg farming little zerg, usually at respawn points), or people ignoring it can just fighting npcs.  If your idea of good pvp is the faction dailies then I'll just have disagree.  Red take channel x, blue take channel y...  Pretty lame.  Want anything different?  Enjoy your 1v10 insta gib.

Why not avoid it or ask for ways to?

And to clarify, bns is famous for its arena pvp and its trinity independent pve.  Faction based world/large scale pvp is about as good as the crafting system this game.

What you describe is every open world pvp in every MMO LOL. Yes its fcking war and your only goal is to kill opposing faction by any means, deal with it. Find firends go in group bait ppl outnumber them ambush them destroy them and titl them if they cant handle it, this is no honorable fight of gentlemens. Or switch channels avoid enemy and keep eye of your surroundings.  Personally as person coming from lineage I love this. I know its hard for PvE players coming from games like wow where in xy years you never had to see opposing horde/ally member and you fought only vs scripted repeating eviroment in safe instanced area.

10 minutes ago, Mogami said:

What you describe is every open world pvp in every MMO LOL. Yes its fcking war and your only goal is to kill opposing faction by any means, deal with it. Find firends go in group bait ppl outnumber them ambush them destroy them and titl them if they cant handle it, this is no honorable fight of gentlemens. Or switch channels avoid enemy and keep eye of your surroundings.  Personally as person coming from lineage I love this. I know its hard for PvE players coming from games like wow where in xy years you never had to see opposing horde/ally member and you fought only vs scripted repeating eviroment in safe instanced area.

The fact that its like that in every game doesn't change the fact that nobody takes world pvp seriously in any of the MMOs because of said reasons. Even in Guild wars 2, the world pvp was just used as a way for easy leveling most of the time and nothing more.

Just now, TwoPunchMan said:

The fact that its like that in every game is why its so pathetic as well, nobody takes world pvp seriously in any of the MMOs.

So nobody takes seriously Battlegrounds in WOW? Or castle sieges in Lineage? Or afaik there is no gear equalization in GW2. LOL what is your imagination of good open world pvp? Is there any? Or you just dont play it coz you break you keyboard every time someone kills you in open world pvp coz its unfair. Guess what it always will be like that its just up to you if you get into that situations less often and if your party gets into situations with advantage more often. Anyway Iam more than happy getting my soulstones everyday and titlt "pathetic" players like you in open wolrd pvp.

The issue I have with open world PvP in most MMOs is that in almost completely consists of these two cases:

1. Being steamrolled by superior (level, gear, numbers) enemies without much of a chance

2. Steamrolling inferior (level, gear, numbers) enemies who don't have much of a chance

Neither scenario is something I enjoy.

Many people seem to enjoy at least the second one, and I understand that for them open world PvP can be great.

And there is no reason besides the urge to interrupt others because they are "enemies" for having gone left instead of right when deciding a faction or whatever.

And there is no consequence besides the losing side being unable to do what they wanted to do: either having fun fights or doing some quests or farming etc.

For me it is lose-lose.

I liked PvP in Eve Online. It's everywhere, it's ruthless, almost nobody looks for a fair fight, every possible advantage is used and if it looks like one could lose, most of the time they run away or try to.

So why did I like it?

Because there was reason and consequence. Fight for territory, or to steal from someone or because you were hired to do so. I could find reasons to engage in and enjoy that second scenario, when the other party was at a severe disadvantage. A reason beyond wanting to ruin the other one's day. And losing things of actual value when being defeated gave it some thrill even when in an advantageous position. Things could always go wrong. It made even running away successfully a, well, a success.

I don't doubt many people there pvp'ed with the same mindset of "it's so hilarious beating those helpless people down". I still didn't enjoy scenario 1 of being obliterated without chance. But I could bear with that because there was something for me to gain when engaging in a fight, too.

• 2 weeks later...

The main issue I have with soulstones is if your ping sucks you will have a quite frankly horrible time getting zen beans to trade for these. 2nd Faction Quests... these are bad unless you roll with more people than the other group or have found a empty (for the time being) channel.  Now to alleviate this one function would be to add a High count of the dragon certificates ( like x10/20 ) to trade for soulstones. AND make a separate channel (or 2) for those who WANT to go crazy on each-other.  Go pvp with a 300ms latency and try and maintain sanity while farming 2000 zen beans.                           

Yes I am salty as hell over this as it is TWO things I dislike and they are the ONLY real methods to farm these damn things. Those who PvE WANT to be able to upgrade as well. And Mushin tower daily is only good if you can do it.

On 2/4/2016 at 9:07 PM, Balefire said:

its a pvp game. Always has been, always will be. If you want to play games and not pvp NCSoft games are really not for you.

It's an arena game. Saying it's a PvP oriented MMORPG is an insult to Guild wars 2, Dark Age of Camelot and Elder Scroll Online. Now, those are PVP-MMORPG. 

Oh yea let me go farm enough gold to buy soulstones at 36 per (x70) then buy 4 moonstones then pay the 12g to evolve. Total - 60g 

Not everyone has the funds to rely on this method. If I could earn 1-2g per run then yes this would not be a problem. 

Also this method gets even more costly each time, so take that into consideration also. Not everyone can just sell what they get SO much easier than others.

THey do come out of some daily boss dungeon boxes ..

the trouble is so many people mad dashed to max level then found they missed out on things they would need .. at 43rd level I have over 50 stored already and I am just not in a big hurry to go through story line and keep doing dailies ..

Daily grind seem boring sure BUT there is a reason for them

19 minutes ago, Magdaelena said:

60g is 2 days to get if you only do dailys.

So whats the crying?

Please teach us Master How do you make 30g a day without selling soulstones from those dailies. Because i smell really nasty bs coming from this direction.

Oh and i mean reguraly 30g, not by getting lucky and obtaining something good from the dungs or boxes because rngesus.

Why everyone think it's a pvp game? I play 3 years. Because of soulstones i need to wear that costume for about 20 mins per day and get killed few times. Thats it. PVP is over for another 24h. 20 min of possible pvp against 5h of comfortable pve gaming per day. 

Mistress if you be so kind ;)

Do 4 blue dungeons

2 purple

24 Backram and 24 with Pohran (heh...forgot the name)

Dont forget of Mushin

Rest free quests do in misty woods and in necropolis also do two green dungeons from those areas they give 33s each.

Rest quests do in saphire basin

If you wont sell anything you should get 28+gold

Add some eggs and your cake is ready.

Archived