Soulstones...WTF?!

Lienn

Seriously...whoever had the idea of tying a key item to PvP content should be fired ASAP!

It's not fun for those who doesn't like PvP (in my case, hate it with passion) because you're forced to do faction dailies and have to deal with people that wanna PvP (and assholes PK'ing players at lower areas) and not fun for those who like it either because one willing for a PvP match wouldn't really be looking forward to easy kills on people w/o PvP build that was doing dailies because was forced to.

I started faction stuff only yesterday due the surge of need of soulstones imposed by higher level content but it's already giving me some tremendous headache...enough to start wondering if this game is worth playing at all. It's very saddening seeing such horrible design decision in a game that actually could've been awesome.

Would be nice they actually adding soulstones to PvE content as well. Tomb of Exiles has soulstone as daily reward so i assume this would be the best way to start...making lv40+ dailies offering soulstone as well...if not then making field bosses' loot dropping them.

The only thing that cannot stay is them staying only as PvP daily/arena reward because it creates a choking point for those that actually wanted to enjoy the PvE content because not everyone has money to pay ~30s per soulstone. =/

If no change is possible then just do like older games...add a toggle for PvP. Outfits can stay just as they are, with the toggle working only for players so the aggressive/ally mark stays working as now but only for NPCs when PvP is off. 

EDIT: An important point about PvP toggle: Be sure to prevent people with PvP off from getting prestige. IMO one wanting prestige is one actually interested in taking part of PvP so he must be targeted by other players.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've farmed over 100 of them in the dailies without engaging in any form of pvp.

Join a group and just blast through them or go into a quiet channel. If your faction is killing the terrors then take advantage of that and finish off some quests.

You can get soulstones from a couple of places now. The Big 4 (Top 4 dungeons in the CSL) Faction dailies (Find a deserted channel and it becomes PvE, I haven't been forced to kill or be killed by anyone I didn't want to in like a week.) as well as the NEW RNG BOX.

10/10 don't do faction quests, you can now just buy your way to soulstones.

I understand your frustration.
But the game was unofficially promoted with high pvp content as there is an Esport for this game.
Therefore it will really setup players to do pvp so they can encourage more ESport aspirants.

Good suggestions on PVE/dungeons dropping soul stone. As it was answered on the replies, it will on the future content.

I  think it is also pretty consistent with the story line, which there are two Warring Factions.
I think the idea is pretty cool. Just need to be creative. Consider the suggestions above. And interact with your co-factions, call for help. Join some guild, make some friends.

TL;DR: pvp is a big part of the game and the story line hence soul stone is part of it. future content for pve soul stone. now, use your faction. make some friends. call for help.

3 hours ago, Lienn said:

Seriously...whoever had the idea of tying a key item to PvP content should be fired ASAP!

It's not fun for those who doesn't like PvP (in my case, hate it with passion) because you're forced to do faction dailies and have to deal with people that wanna PvP (and assholes PK'ing players at lower areas) and not fun for those who like it either because one willing for a PvP match wouldn't really be looking forward to easy kills on people w/o PvP build that was doing dailies because was forced to.

I started faction stuff only yesterday due the surge of need of soulstones imposed by higher level content but it's already giving me some tremendous headache...enough to start wondering if this game is worth playing at all. It's very saddening seeing such horrible design decision in a game that actually could've been awesome.

Would be nice they actually adding soulstones to PvE content as well. Tomb of Exiles has soulstone as daily reward so i assume this would be the best way to start...making lv40+ dailies offering soulstone as well...if not then making field bosses' loot dropping them.

The only thing that cannot stay is them staying only as PvP daily/arena reward because it creates a choking point for those that actually wanted to enjoy the PvE content because not everyone has money to pay ~30s per soulstone. =/

If no change is possible then just do like older games...add a toggle for PvP. Outfits can stay just as they are, with the toggle working only for players so the aggressive/ally mark stays working as now but only for NPCs when PvP is off. 

you do realize this is primarily a pvp mmo not a pve mmo right?

Nope, it's a RPG, a story-oriented game. Having PvP content doesn't change it and those who don't like PvP shouldn't be forced into it. Forcing people who don't like it into PvP only dimishes the overall quality of PvP content for those who like it. In the end it's a very poor design choice that damages the overall game fun for both types of players.

Dragon Age is a RPG game.

BnS is a MMORPG game which as many is saying is focused on pvp at max lvl. I like the story myself but usualy in these kind of games it's just an addition to the rest of the content.

There's plenty of stuff for pve players to do aswell + as someone has mentioned you can just farm bw + terrors for soulstones and that's without encountering any pvp whatsoever.

There's actually an achievement for buying soulstones from marketplaces... for crafters that need a great amount and people that cant even bother farming NPCs - not really PvP.

There's like 1 quest that requires you to kill 10 rank 9 or above players from the other faction in Misty Woods, I sorta of gave up on this as the faction are relatively unbalanced on my server. Crimsons are overrunning the Cerulean camp on most channels and even when the Cerulean manage to band together, it is just the opposite. Getting a kill while in a zerg or trying to get a kill going into a zerg isn't easy...

9 minutes ago, Vici12 said:

what is bw and terrors?

BW is Blackwyrm and terrors are those bosses dropping boxes with all kind of goodies including key to blackwyrm chest, they wander around at the very bottom of the misty woods map.

lol wait till PvP season starts. Can buy soulstones with zen beans from arena.

I mean im not saying you shouldn't enjoy PvE but everyone knew this game is basically PvP with PvE on the side. If I was playing for PvE id be bored and quit by now since there's basically no PvE content to do besides dailies and blackwyrm.

PvE only players from my experience are just plain bad players. They are afraid of direct confrontation of their skills in pvp and the fact you whine about getting killed by higher levels just shows that you can be easily tilted. Yesterday in misty woods some lvl 44 was begging to let him live we killed him in 6man party ressurected him and did it again his salt was delicious. Same thing happend to me when I afked dead in faction area and enemy was ressing me and killing and I had no urge to spam cry in chat. Its open wold pvp with no rules deal with it.

I just run these with a (clan) group when I am not up for hunting the other faction. Too many opponents around? > Switch channel. Plus we do have a "farm channel" announced in faction chat, that way you get into a channel with lots of buddies around, and few players of the other faction (since farming insignia means tearing their NPCs apart, which makes them pick a differenbt channel if they want to farm themselves)

So far, not much problems, even though we seem to be the smaller faction.

Archived