Bad latency EU servers

Nunne

I can play perfectly at every game, 60-80 on wow servers 80-100 gw2 servers but bns servers  i have 200+ms constantly even more inside cross-realm dungeon 300 -400 ms. Quick combat is the best of this game and is ruined because laggy servers so how do you expect I spend money on this game if the only thing that is worth doesn't work.

ZdrB4Id.jpg

HI! 

I believe others have had this issue. The client is a piece of shit , but in another thread someone traced it back and saw that his ping was where it was supposed to be.

I'm on na and my ping to the client is ass. But I assure you that's not ur actually ping.

Furthermore on reddit there was a little latency fix of you had an Asus motherboard(others as well) that fixed skill delay. I can't link any of them at since I'm on my phone. But I promise you it's there !

To add my two cents. I live in Frankfurt where the physical EU servers are located and I have a 50k VDSL connection which is better than what the majority of germans have, and I still play at 60-100ms ping. I do sometimes have a lower ping, but thats only during the morning where most people are sleeping/at work/school. Even past midnight ping is still 50ms+, so you are not alone.

My hardware: i7 4790k, EVGA GTX 980 Classified, 16GB Ram, Gigabyte G1.Sniper Z97 MB on LAN. In all other online games I play I have much better pings within germany. 

Livining in Norway, and my latency to Germany, Frankfurt is 35ms. (100/100 Fibre Connection). Thats from playing on Ebon Hall. Its 1700km from my place to Frankfurt. ISP issue prehaps? Its weird that servers are good for some, and terrible for others.

I live in the UK, and my ping is around 20ms (Fibre connection). It is probably something else (like the routing your ISP got). Also, check for Leatrix Latency fix, maybe it works for you...

PS: In the non-official forum a guy published a tool called PGUI that claims to overlay your ping on top of your game screen. I've still to test it, but looks promising.

19 minutes ago, Lethl said:

Livining in Norway, and my latency to Germany, Frankfurt is 35ms. (100/100 Fibre Connection). Thats from playing on Ebon Hall. Its 1700km from my place to Frankfurt. ISP issue prehaps? Its weird that servers are good for some, and terrible for others.

12 minutes ago, Ballantin said:

I live in the UK, and my ping is around 20ms (Fibre connection). It is probably something else (like the routing your ISP got). Also, check for Leatrix Latency fix, maybe it works for you...

PS: In the non-official forum a guy published a tool called PGUI that claims to overlay your ping on top of your game screen. I've still to test it, but looks promising.

How can be a routing ISP problen when I play perfectly on gw2 servers with 80-90 but I can't on bns servers.They are located in the same place both of them.

They can be located in the same contry or city, but that doesn't mean the same datacenter. ISPs used to have stronger infrastructure against the most used or most important section of the net. Sometimes weird routing can happen. It is just another possibility, not saying this is for sure your issue.

The weird thing to me is that I've done these checks myself the past few days and even though I'm on an EU server every single connection my client.exe has had active every time I've checked have been to an IP in Texas. Nothing to Frankfurt, not one. Why is this?

33 minutes ago, Nunne said:

How can be a routing ISP problen when I play perfectly on gw2 servers with 80-90 but I can't on bns servers.They are located in the same place both of them.

The routing ISP can be a problem if your GW2 path from house>game server all go through perfect hops.  But for your other game where you get lag one of your hops could be operated by some company that doesnt give a shit, that doesnt upgrade their software or hardware. So when your data goes through their hop it could be increasing in MS or even timing out.  And in a lot of cases when that is what is happening to you your ISP and the game company wont have any control over it.

If you do a tracerT to the B&S server that you use and none of the hops show any time outs or noticeable increases in MS that usually that means that the problem is with the server itself.  Furthermore...in other games like WoW for example when a lot of people are reporting lag issues the games tech service guys arent going to want your printout from www.howfastismyinternet.com or results from some 3rd party software.  They will ask people to do tracert and pathpings to the game servers and provide them that information.  And to rule out hardware issues they will also ask people to post their dxdiag.

Archived