Names of banned Bots - What exactly happens to them?

delaMorai

What happens with the names of banned bots? Will there be a cleanup once in a while? Are those bots and their characters only get perma banned?  

♦SOME♦ of them even had serious names. It would be a shame for those few names. I mean some players would probably like to have those. I would be mad if a bot took my desired name.

I'm somewhat curious.

1 minute ago, delaMorai said:

What happens with the names of banned bots? Will there be a cleanup once in a while? Are those bots and their characters only get perma banned?  Some of them even had serious names. It would be a shame for those few names. I mean some players would probably like to have those. I would be mad if a bot took my desired name.

I'm somewhat curious.

sdfsdagerg, safsafasfasf, ghhgfhjtrt... Yea very serious names. If you would be a bot owner would you chose names for every of 100 bots?

2 minutes ago, Hitokiri said:

sdfsdagerg, safsafasfasf, ghhgfhjtrt... Yea very serious names. If you would be a bot owner would you chose names for every of 100 bots?

I think you didn't read my post carefully. I said SOME of them had serious names. I saw bots running around with names like "Miyabi" or similar names. It would be a shame if a real player couldn't use it because a bot took it. I will ALL CAP it just for you.

From now on, read posts more carefully~

I think you didn't read my post carefully. I said SOME of them had serious names. I saw bots running around with names like "Miyabi" or similar names. It would be a shame if a real player couldn't use it because a bot took it. I will ALL CAP it just for you.

From now on, read posts more carefully~

I know that those cheaters overtook many good names. When we had opening for premium, almost all Japanese girl names where taken in first 2-5 min automatically. They will sell those chars after, like they did in Korea and China.

Sometimes i think that bot owners push out more money from this game than devs.

Remember peeps, this is about the BANNED bots which had good names. Who cares about asfdhasfd asdfjksakjlfd asrekasrjlas and askdfjaslfd. 

We could also see this from another view and talk about banned players in general. I think it would be wise to implement something to flag those names inactive so they can be used by other players. The name from the banned player would automatically get something like "Banned123134129" or some other default value.

Remember peeps, this is about the BANNED bots which had good names. Who cares about asfdhasfd asdfjksakjlfd asrekasrjlas and askdfjaslfd.

If they clean the name database than maybe during 1 year anniversary or something like that. In Lineage 2 they cleaned after 5 years only as i remeber.

Just now, Infidel said:

I think he bots with the good names originally intended to sell the names.  Then the one year name hold came along.

Real scumbags D: What do you mean with "one year name hold". Is there already a system that flags names as inactive?

Ok, I saw Hime say that it was an issue.  And no one mentioned Name Change Vouchers.

17 minutes ago, Sanjhiyan said:

This is incorrect. The 1-year lockout applies when a Name Change Voucher is used, not when deleting a character.

And why would it apply when using a name change voucher but not when you don't.  Shouldn't it be the other way around.  What is the point of a name change voucher that makes you wait a year?

16 minutes ago, Infidel said:

Ok, I saw Hime say that it was an issue.  And no one mentioned Name Change Vouchers.

And why would it apply when using a name change voucher but not when you don't.  Shouldn't it be the other way around.  What is the point of a name change voucher that makes you wait a year?

Becuz yolosweg datz y .

34 minutes ago, Sanjhiyan said:

This is incorrect. The 1-year lockout applies when a Name Change Voucher is used, not when deleting a character.

Ok, I've been doing research and, like I said, nothing on the thread specifically mentioned the name change vouchers, but maybe it was just an understood topic.  I am finding confirmation elsewhere that the NCV is responsible for a 1 year delay.  So I was wrong.  Thank you for pointing it out.

47 minutes ago, Infidel said:

Character is deleted, someone deletes their character. Why do you think they have nothing in common?

No, you are talking about something really unrelated. It is different if you are NOT banned and just delete your character to make a new one. If the account is permanently banned and the staff decides to clean up the names by deleting the characters, that's something different again. Know the difference. 

It's about whether the team has the right tools to make people reclaim long lost names or not. That's why I think it would be nice if perma banned accounts would get flagged after let's say one year. That should be enough time for you to show your innocence if you accidentally got banned.

Archived