Attention NCSoft: Relook Premium

GhostX

Yeah, as someone with premium, it just isn't very rewarding when many of the perks become useless. If they gave some extra rows of bank and inventory space for the premium it would be worth it, and players would still have incentive to get more through dragon pouches if they wanted more. And the rows of space would disappear after sub goes away and the items would enter overflow.

They'd probably make more money off of a long term continuous subscription than the one time fee of bank space.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought Prem mostly because of the wardrobe to store all the costumes in, or otherwise I would have no space in my inventory for even the basic things that you get from your quests. 

Okay, lets put aside EVERYTHING except the limit of 2 characters you can create for free. Honestly I think I will stop playing this game at the point where I will want to try a new class aside of my assassin and summoner, because not the signature packs nor the prem membership provide me with more character creation slots. And I refuse to delete one of those characters I have spend hours and hours playing with. 

Honestly I really like Blade and Soul, and I am happy to support NCsoft in hosting this game, but if this Premium model won't change, the access to more "BASIC" content won't change, there is no future for this game.

Compared to other games I have played (Silkroad, RF Online, Tera, Warframe, Warthunder, Battlefield, AvA, Flyff, Gunz, Knight Online, Warrock, Perfect World, Jade Dynasty , Planetside 2, Arma1/2/3, DayZ, League of Legends....), this is the first one I have to say : " This is too fking expensive for me >.< " 

Your math is a bit off.  You're treating the one time purchases as a constant fee in perpetuum.  At the 5 year mark the cost per month reaches a little under $14.20 a month.  If you intend to play this game long term it evens out in the end, and the longer you play the better a deal you get.  If you intend to purchase every upgrade available for your characters then I'd imagine you intend to stick around for a while.  Otherwise you probably could live without a few rows of inventory and the third skill tab.

Still, I agree the rewards for premium are pretty lackluster.  The biggest draw was the priority queue, but now that the servers have settled that's no longer an issue.  I could think of a few additional perks I'd like to see such as a premium only tab in the vault, additional daily quest limits, and a monthly stipend of hongmoon coins or increased chance of getting venture tokens from daily quests.

+1 to this topic. At the very, very, VERY least Premium Players should be entitled to an account-bound Wardrobe -- really, bare minimum. OldMansChild definitely hit the mark on what we SHOULD be getting, as I can tell you firsthand I don't feel inclined to spend any money whatsoever on a costume (or many of the other seemingly requisite features) that only one character has access to.

Dear BnS Developers, here's a hint: if you make costumes account-bound and tradable between toons instead of bound-to-character, you'll make more money guaranteed. People love to look fabulous; people don't want to buy the same outfit seven times. Making it tradable once by paying for the costume again ISN'T the answer. 

Thank you all for adding to this thread. We need to vote with the wallet. I love this game but I'm not going to throw my money at it. The current cost for subscription is plain too high. There is a lot of useful feedback in here but I highly doubt we will be heard.

2 hours ago, SpicyWaffle said:

+1 to this topic. At the very, very, VERY least Premium Players should be entitled to an account-bound Wardrobe -- really, bare minimum. OldMansChild definitely hit the mark on what we SHOULD be getting, as I can tell you firsthand I don't feel inclined to spend any money whatsoever on a costume (or many of the other seemingly requisite features) that only one character has access to.

Dear BnS Developers, here's a hint: if you make costumes account-bound and tradable between toons instead of bound-to-character, you'll make more money guaranteed. People love to look fabulous; people don't want to buy the same outfit seven times. Making it tradable once by paying for the costume again ISN'T the answer. 

apparently some idiots on here think it is a requirement for us to buy the same shit multiple times for them to make a profit... you can tell these people have a low IQ and didnt pay attention to anything in school...

21 minutes ago, GhostX said:

Thank you all for adding to this thread. We need to vote with the wallet. I love this game but I'm not going to throw my money at it. The current cost for subscription is plain too high. There is a lot of useful feedback in here but I highly doubt we will be heard.

Just like the people on reddit said "NCSOFT NEVER LISTENS" literally read the complaints on reddit. And they are right! There are less white knights there too. And people give legitimate reasons why this game is going downhill fast it's just one massive cash grab. This game isn't about fun.. its about showering NCSOFT with your money. I mean why would a company decide to charge us for legitimate problems paying customers dont like. 

They really want to charge us money to use our expensive premium priced costumes across all of our toons? Take your customers dissatisfaction, and turn it into money... You know how *cricket*ed up that is?

I dont have premium as it didn't really interest me all that much but if I was going to give some extra suggestions (if they havnt already been said yet) , then here they are.

Have a Premium set of bank tabs that is shared across the entire account, this will heavily entice more players to go premium so they can easily swap things about their characters, such as materials and perhaps even gear stuff.

If costumes wasn't already effected by the suggestion above, have it so that the wardrobe shares the costumes you've unlocked on one character across the entire account within the wardrobe for premiums, this is a feature that Wildstar has and I can easily say it's a fantastic feature of that game, I loved playing about with outfits and switching them about at will.

Give premium members 1 or 2 free skill sets for free so they can use them at will, again this is something that would encourage players to want to go premium if this is a benefit that comes along with the other additions.

The funny thing with BnS atm is that they went about premium all wrong, we don't need like 20 different small benefits that noone really cares about, but if at the very least you have a few enticing benefits, then that's how you grab players.

Tera as a prime example for me (as that's the last f2p game I played that made me buy premium), I bought premium for the fact that the broker charged me no additional fees when selling items on it, having a free mount from the get go that's account wide, a book that let us teleport to any town for free and even save 5 locations as a recall spot, and the double credits (for buying enchanting materials) and dungeon entries had me all hooked.

There's a few other benefits to having elite (such as double gold from quest rewards and double gold drops used mostly for 1 dungeon even though you could buy the boosters on the broker) but this shows that you don't need some crazy nonsense on your premium benefits followed by insane prices on the cash shop which includes costumes, something that should be almost half the price they're currently at, I really want to spend money on this game but I simply disagree with the current prices.

I agree, premium is really unrewarding and gives nothing useful, specially if you compare it to any other "F2P" game that does have the premium option, they give you currency every month you subbed.

So why not give us .. let's say, xxx hongmoon coins for every month we have the premium? it's rewarding, you feel you pay for something and not only for an ugly disgusting icon near the name and one animation

I would really like to see this thread stay alive too.
I've been looking forward to an official release of this game for quite some time and now that I'm playing it again, I'm enjoying the gameplay very much.
The way it's monetized however disgusted me right from the start.
I would happily pay a monthly fee even if it was 15€ but really don't consider the benefits to be worth the current price at all.

I also don't mind spending on top of that if I have the feeling of getting my money's worth.
But i was born with a brain and my IQ exceeds 10. There is no way im supporting prices like the ones we're having at the moment.

NCsoft saw the demand for this game in the west and decided to release and cash milk it like there's no tomorrow.

This sheer money grabbing and crippling of the game to force people into spending absurd amounts is just disgusting.
After having read what TW has as premium benefits .. I don't even know what to say.
Maybe that's a good thing. It would probably become pretty dirty.

Just sticking to pricing this is ESO's ESO plus 

180 DAYS
$12.99/month
Save $24 per year - Auto-renewal of $77.94 every 180 days 

BnS is 365 at $125 dollars so 

180+180 = 360 days (so short of a full year by 5 days) 
77.94 + 77.94 = $155.88 

Plus any mounts costumes etc. you may want from ESO's CS just like BnS 

In SWTOR you get pretty much infinitely more than a free player. They even give you 5 bucks of their cash shop currency every month with the sub. The "premium" for this game is absolutely terrible. It is a bunch of inconsequential fluff with the exception of the wardrobe and the preferred queuing. They are going to have to offer up a bit more if they want me to remained "subbed" or whatever they call the system where I have to actually make the effort to buy coins, then the buy the premium. Let's not forget FFXIV where you HAVE to be subbed, AND they give you bonuses every couple months like mounts and vanity items etc.

lets be real. all you really need to spend on this game is around 25 dollars to be settled with enough inventory and all the gem slots skill tab and also even getting 1 more character slot. nothing more, nothing. SO I don't need to argue with anyone about that to those people complaining.

I do agree that the premium is really LACKLUSTER. I cant believe you need to be premium 9 to get a universal vault tab, which is a joke to me. Theres really nothing in the premium that seperate F2P and P2P players. The only good thing is the wardrobe really and maybe windstride if you travel alot.

I do wish they revamp the premium. 10% discount on a few item is really nothing either. We need something else. zzzzz

1). Installed the game;

2). Browsed forum while installing;

3). Found this thread;

4). Looked around for more information on the way this game makes it's money;

3). Uninstalled the game before even playing it once.

Spending real money for inventory space and other standard things you'd expect from a game? And for a high amount of money too? Nope. Nope. Nope. I don't support these kind of practices, regardless of how good a game seems to be. I have no aversion to spending money on a good game, mind you. But I will not be part of a game that has paid unlocks for base features of a game.

Expensive fancy outfits? Fine.

Other vanity items? Fine! Great even.

Subscription to access game features? Not a problem at all.

RNG boxes? Meh... not fine, but I can live with those (won't buy 'm though)

Charging money for base game features even with a premium subscription? Ehm... Nope.png Nope.jpg Nope.psd Nope.bmp and even Nope.tga

You could've made money off of me. Now you can't. 

My wallet has spoken.

Speaking of ESO, I have mentioned elsewhere that the chief reason I dropped it was due to their skimpy inventory implementation.  I loved the game, but towards the end I got absolutley frustrated that I was spending more time juggling inventory slots between a main, two alts and three 'mules' such that I was no longer actually playing the game itself.  Totally killed it for me.

Now with BnS, I'm seeing even worse limitations on Inventory — and all with the intent of being a primary revenue source for NC West.  Increasing the time, money and resources for player inventory adds unnecessary overhead to simply playing the game, and frankly, I'm sick of it.  A little resource management is fine, but the f'ing game should not try to be my second job!  When will some of you hard-headed MMO developers figure this out?

EDIT: typo.

2 hours ago, YuriScarlet said:

lets be real. all you really need to spend on this game is around 25 dollars to be settled with enough inventory and all the gem slots skill tab and also even getting 1 more character slot. nothing more, nothing. SO I don't need to argue with anyone about that to those people complaining.

Now please read what you wrote. Without bias and coolheaded. And tell me that's an ok decent practice.

"enough inventory", "skill tabs", "1 more character slot" etc. These are basic normal features. No, having 20 character slots isn't basic feature, but having two character slots PER ACCOUNT (not per server!) with deletion time of 6 DAYS is less than basic. Inventory is minuscule without microtransactions. This goes for literally every feature there is in the store. And with premium you don't get anything - except wardrobe. So it really should be called "wardrobe subscription" - in which case I must wonder about the price of it.

Also, you seem to forget that those 25 dollars you are mentioning are rudely misleading, as it's connected to a character and not to an account. So no, you won't be able to to have skill tabs, inventory space and 1 more character slots for 25 dollars. Unless you mean having two character slots for decoration and not for playing - because I can't fit additional skill tabs, inventory space etc. for 25 dollars if we are talking more than one character.

2 minutes ago, Asuka said:

Now please read what you wrote. Without bias and coolheaded. And tell me that's an ok decent practice.

"enough inventory", "skill tabs", "1 more character slot" etc. These are basic normal features. No, having 20 character slots isn't basic feature, but having two character slots PER ACCOUNT (not per server!) with deletion time of 6 DAYS is less than basic. Inventory is minuscule without microtransactions. This goes for literally every feature there is in the store. And with premium you don't get anything - except wardrobe. So it really should be called "wardrobe subscription" - in which case I must wonder about the price of it.

Also, you seem to forget that those 25 dollars you are mentioning are rudely misleading, as it's connected to a character and not to an account. So no, you won't be able to to have skill tabs, inventory space and 1 more character slots for 25 dollars. Unless you mean having two character slots for decoration and not for playing - because I can't fit additional skill tabs, inventory space etc. for 25 dollars if we are talking more than one character.

This tread is about the premium. anyways. make a new character if you want to play more character and dont want to spend 5 dollars. Skill tabs is not needed, its just something lazy people like so they dont have to keep redistributing skills. Inventory is enough because they provide you with enough dragon pouch and vault space in the game. I haven't even have any inventory space problem before when i was waiting for my item transfer. i got all the way to 40 without having inventory space issue because i was actively deleting or selling drops that you don't need. if you want all 7 character slots its really 25 dollars. which is equivalent lesser than black desert b2p base game.

this game is not a subscription game so its only logical that we don't see a freakin skill tab that we bought on every single character we have or create in the future lol. you don't even need more than 1 really. ff14 for example is the recent game i quit, i can only create 1 character, i believe it was 13 dollars a month with limited inventory space. reset stats is not even provided for free. If this game is a subscription base then I would understand but almost every single games doesnt have account wide inventory space nor skill tab option. they always have this reset skill they sell in the cash shop for people to buy

54 minutes ago, Draugur said:

It's kinda sad that this thread is up for some time already and we still havent even heard from nc

"NCSoft does not care about gamers."  - Kanye West

As a person who purchased the Double Platinum Master Founder's Xtreme Amp'd then Remix'd Mega Pack... the premium membership bonuses are bullshit.  The premium membership feels essential to my enjoyment of the game because I'm literally unlocking base features that should be available to all players.  Premium membership is supposed to be premium and give me bonuses that enhance my ability to enjoy the game like a constant trickle of venture tokens or removing bind on character restrictions on cash shop items, not make shitty limitations less burdensome.

I don't have buyer's remorse because those bonuses are pretty damn important.  Instead, I have buyer's feeling-conflicted-between-shame-and-self-hate.

1 minute ago, YuriScarlet said:

Skill tabs is not needed

This is a non argument, come on, really...

Almost EVERYTHING can be pushed into the "not needed" box. I am sure we all CAN function with like two rows of inventory. With no wardrobe whatsoever, premium or not. With no skill tabs. With one character slot instead of two. And so on and so forth.

No one is saying that you can't play the game.

And yes, this is about premium. You don't think that the fact that premium doesn't delve with any of the above is connected with this thread?

This isn't a subscription game in a wow/ff14 sense but it also is in a premium membership sense - which is on par price-wise with subscription-based games. I know what f2p means but this topic is ALSO about what would you need to "play the game fully" (whatever that means but you know what I want to say). And that goes into hundreds of dollars.

This isn't a MOBA, where f2p is related to buying characters, but without being inconvenienced if you have a small character pool - only disadvantaged in the versatility area and probably in the area of wanting to have more of them. Here, microtransactions are closely related to the literal in-game experience - which is why it's EXTREMELY IMPORTANT to gauge them properly. So that f2p dudes have a "normal" game, and sub dudes or paying dudes have a "quality of life enhanced" game. NOT that f2p dudes have a game riddled with hurdles and paying dudes have kinda normal regular game.

Also, look at the prices of those items. 

"make a new character if you want to play more character and dont want to spend 5 dollars" - but I spent dollars. On founder's pack. On premium time. You are behaving like we got EVERYTHING THE GAME HAS and now we want MOAR on top of all that charity. No, we got nothing, basic options are locked while you STILL pay for other options.

The point is that it adds up. You can always say "lol character slot is 5 dollars lol that's a hamburger", but if you want to play the game comfortably, you will need way more than that. You can't look at all the transactions separately and make a "lol it's only 5 dollars" for every single one. And when we are at 23545th transaction, you could still say for 23545th time "lol that's only 5 dollars, besides, it's not needed".

That is not untrue, but that fact on its own doesn't mean much in this context.

22 minutes ago, YuriScarlet said:

ff14 for example is the recent game i quit, i can only create 1 character, i believe it was 13 dollars a month with limited inventory space. reset stats is not even provided for free.

-one character can be every class and have every profession. it's not a standard mmo system that bns uses, for example. Your one character has infinite characters within him/herself. This is a very important point with ff14 and there's no reason to omit it. Actually, it's one of the key points for having small number of characters, and about that, more below:

-one character PER SERVER. EIGHT characters overall.

that is for 13 bucks

for 15 bucks you get

EIGHT characters PER SERVER

FORTY characters overall

Just saying, not necessarily related to bns. But don't mislead.

And ok, ff is p2p. Let's say that a b2p price of a p2p game is ~50 bucks. Let's spend those 50 bucks in bns on things we want and also buy montly subscription in order to emulate the p2p game price. And see what we get with that.

3 minutes ago, Asuka said:

This is a non argument, come on, really...

Almost EVERYTHING can be pushed into the "not needed" box. I am sure we all CAN function with like two rows of inventory. With no wardrobe whatsoever, premium or not. With no skill tabs. With one character slot instead of two. And so on and so forth.

No one is saying that you can't play the game.

And yes, this is about premium. You don't think that the fact that premium doesn't delve with any of the above is connected with this thread?

This isn't a subscription game in a wow/ff14 sense but it also is in a premium membership sense - which is on par price-wise with subscription-based games. I know what f2p means but this topic is ALSO about what would you need to "play the game fully" (whatever that means but you know what I want to say). And that goes into hundreds of dollars.

This isn't a MOBA, where f2p is related to buying characters, but without being inconvenienced if you have a small character pool - only disadvantaged in the versatility area and probably in the area of wanting to have more of them. Here, microtransactions are closely related to the literal in-game experience - which is why it's EXTREMELY IMPORTANT to gauge them properly. So that f2p dudes have a "normal" game, and sub dudes or paying dudes have a "quality of life enhanced" game. NOT that f2p dudes have a game riddled with hurdles and paying dudes have kinda normal regular game.

Also, look at the prices of those items. 

"make a new character if you want to play more character and dont want to spend 5 dollars" - but I spent dollars. On founder's pack. On premium time. You are behaving like we got EVERYTHING THE GAME HAS and now we want MOAR on top of all that charity. No, we got nothing, basic options are locked while you STILL pay for other options.

The point is that it adds up. You can always say "lol character slot is 5 dollars lol that's a hamburger", but if you want to play the game comfortably, you will need way more than that. You can't look at all the transactions separately and make a "lol it's only 5 dollars" for every single one. And when we are at 23545th transaction, you could still say for 23545th time "lol that's only 5 dollars, besides, it's not needed".

That is not untrue, but that fact on its own doesn't mean much in this context.

no. I'm complaining that we dont get enough for premium. I said if you dont want to spend 5 dollars, go make a new character because really unless you have months of free time, you really dont need 3 characters. IDK what founder pack you got but if you got a disciple pack you get 4 total character slots already which is alot, im biased because I can afford all this things and I've played a Pay to play game and many free to play games so I know the type of business i am getting myself into. this skill tab is really not needed, its just something lazy people do. It really takes 2-3 minutes to redistribute your skills if you know them. which you should because you have to always adjust your abilities in between arena battles.

I'm not complaining because its already too tedious to manage more than 2 characters (master founder). Im more inbetween because theres the good side about this game that it doesnt make us pay for anything with stats on the cash shop or reset items, but theres also this lackluster premium that sucks so much.

Archived