Attention NCSoft: Relook Premium

GhostX

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was hoping that you posted this here too! Again, I have never had any intention of renewing my subscription. I subbed to avoid the queues. I see no value in spending money to remove needless restrictions. No matter how annoying they may be.

15 minutes ago, Saccharin said:

Final Fantasy 14 you get two retainers at about 20 and they each have 100 slots and 20 AH spaces. You can expan that to a further 3-5 but you have to pay a monthly fee. No gil required.

ah my point was that premium members in this game don't get access to free inventory space or can purchase it via in game currency they are expected like us to pay for it via dragon pounces which is a faulty system. Personally speaking they can go suck a dick before i pay them for inventory space =3

To me, the only appeal to purchase premium is the wardrobe, everything else is negligible, really (although the bonuses and the copper drops really help early on). And I don't necessarily think its a bad thing, the fact that you DON'T need premium to progress is actually really nice. I just wish there were more ways to obtain dragon pouches, but I guess you can simply buy a few of them every month and eventually completely upgrade your inventory and bank, not to mention the rare occasion when we DO get hongmoon coin thingies from the moonwater lootboxes, I can almost buy a new character slot just with those, after barely a week of play time. It might need a few tweaks here and there, but I feel like ncsoft didn't do anything BAD in this particular aspect of the game... so far.

I do agree with having the option to simply purchase a month of premium instead of having to purchase 1200 NCoins every time, that would be really nice.

What I think the best solution to the premium feature is... We need to be given some way to earn extra Hongmoon coins, even as a way to balance the economy say... Instead of just a weekly "You earn X coins" instead you get a weekly box that gives you a venture token that you still need in game currency to transmute. However, as has been said time and again, what do we REALLY get out of Premium besides the queue time? I don't even mind the fact they added RNG boxes, a bit salty because it's the 1 item I've been wanting to get since I first saw it sure... But beyond that no big deal. However, if I'm going to be paying over 100 dollars a year to basically turn myself into a P2P player, I'd at least like to feel as though I could get the same rewards as a F2Per who decides they want to try their luck on gambling.

I'm like some other, bought the sub to avoid the que times. I likely won't continue with sub as I will likely use the money for inventory expansion/skill slots instead.

If I get to the point where I don't really want anything from the store, I may go back to sub. For me that is the simplest way to work around the problem and still keep cost to play at ~$20/month.

Bought master pack and probably about 3K NC on top of that, which is my own fault. But I regret a large majority of it.

Maintenance 4 days in a row killed the market, prices dropped insanely fast, essentially put us a week or two in to the future. After all the maintenance problems started to occur with the market and those problems still exist. The most fun part of the game for me is pretty ruined right now.

I'm so surprised to see the RNG box but looking at the timing it works quite well, players by founder pack, players use founder NC on store and inventory, second week they release a whole new set of costumes, then a week later this RNG box, I'm happy with the costumes but I hate the way they're milking money, just a 2 and a half weeks in and they're milking everything they can, could they not at least let us get interested in the game first?

When I first started playing B&S on headstart I really enjoyed it, I took a good look at the store on the first day and I was so relieved, many awesome costumes! I thought it was brilliant, nothing else to say. I haven't played an MMO in a year or two, it's always hard to get into MMOS but B&S has felt so refreshing, I don't feel like I don't have anything to do but something's started to put me off. I feel like I'm been forced to play the game differently to how I want to now, it's hard to explain the feeling but that along with this and maintenance, it's all very negative.

I know I'm been over-critical, I still love the game, just expressing concerns I have. Looking at premium today it's pretty much useless.

At the end of the day there's one thing I shouldn't be feeling and that's regret.

Also putting my voice behind this. It's ridiculous that we're expected to pay a sub fee and then STILL pay extra for basic content in the cash shop. At that point I'm better off just playing a P2P MMO as the sub covers more or less everything (and they usually get more regular content updates too).

The premium subscription should include a stipend of hongmoon coins to spend in the store. Pretty much every F2P game with an optional subscription offers this. We shouldn't be expected to pay more than a typical monthly subscription for full content access.

Honestly the only premium feature that i paid for was the queue skip, the coin while farming, and the xp.

I have two 45s geared, both crafting the most expensive things to buy in game, so that removes two of my reasons to sub, the Q isnt even a concern anymore on my server so what reason is left?

Premium needs to be worth it, preferably in the form of removing the bag restrictions ect, or perhaps they should give us NCoin every month so we can at least choose what we want, as is im just as restricted as the people i play with who dont pay a cent.

1 & done for me. queues aren't an issue anymore. too much greed for my tastes. was already pissed about the dragon pouches increasing everytime you expand. then i found out about the 7 day deletion on the extra slot that i bought. that was the last straw for me.

I was sooo hyped about the game and my master pack, i though i would be able to buy some costumes, unlock my main character inventory + bank and have a second technique page, then i saw costume prices and pouches prices and it was a huge turndown. Pouches specially, those 800NCoins pack of pouches that are x23 in our server as far as i know were a x50 in other servers. I'm not paying that. I'm not buying a single outfit. I'm not buying more EXP food that isn't even tradeable, i have 9 EXP soups in my lvl 45 main character because they are not tradeable between my own characters!

I'm sorry, i can afford to pay 30€/month, some of my friends can't but i won't till this is solved. Everytime i bought something from the store it felt like they were stealing me when i though about how much real money that was.

I Enjoy the game, i love it, i have 4 month of premium still, i can wait those months to see if there are changes, if it keeps like it is now i won't stop playing, but i won't be able to spent as much money as i can because it's not ethical and i won't lie to anybody that asks me about the game, it's not f2p, you will have to pay for your inventory, you will have to pay for your bank, you won't make it to lvl50 content with that and it's expensive. I already told some friends to not buy the 5€ premium and wait 2 weeks till there were no queues because they will need those 5€ to buy inventory expansions. 

Summarizing:

12€/month for the wardrobe
10~15€ for a 1 character costume
10€ for 23 pouches, you have to spent like 30€ or 40€ for just 2 lines of inventory.
10€ for a 1 character aditional skill page.
UNTRADEABLE BETWEEN YOUR OWN CHARACTERS EXP FOODS FROM THE CASH SHOP

No, sorry, i don't know who recommended NCSoft those prices but no, just no. I spent already 115€ in my master pack and i was happy about it, but now everytime i see my 4000 left NCoins and that i haven't bought a single costume i want to cry. Everytime i have space problems when i have premium, and spent that money i want to cry. Everytime i think about i could spent 30€/month and that's not enough i want to cry. I've been waiting this game for 4 years, it's really painful to see all of this.

What about ppl like me,  i bought every full inventory at all chars   and have 1year sup and all chars have all 3  skill tabs,      do i get punished for that, because u guys didnt wanted to buy it ? or dont have the money for it?

so when it will happen that we get  this everyday, whats then? ill throw them away?..  much more crap than the premium system now

Edit: but yeay  account wide  bankslots / warderobe is musthave..   ive   the   Spin costume and  1year costume , and dont want to use them because its only for 1 character

Only reason I got membership was to avoid log in que's. It seems like there is more of a reward for spending tons of money on cash shop transactions as the higher premium rank you are the more silver you get from daily quest and the cheaper it is to power up items kinda seems like a draw back to me.

3 minutes ago, Champy said:

Only reason I got membership was to avoid log in que's. It seems like there is more of a reward for spending tons of money on cash shop transactions as the higher premium rank you are the more silver you get from daily quest and the cheaper it is to power up items kinda seems like a draw back to me.

yep , can confirm :P rank 9 here =D ( y the  storage/merchant available everywhere is unbeatable)

10 is unreachable      

8-9 = 184k points

9-10  only ~660k xD

I'm rather concerned that the premium discount in the Hongmoon Store is not available for most items. It seems to only be available for consumables. Also, the discount shouldn't reduce the original point value of the item like it does now. It just seems to be odd that the 'perk' for discount is barely there at all.

I have premium right now and it's expiring in 10 days. Now that the queue is gone on my server I am not sure if I should bother getting premium again. I want outfits, and NEED inventory and skill book tabs and character slots and I cannot afford to *cricket* away my money on both the premium and the stuff i need. At rank 2 the premium doesn't even give me anything worthwhile. There's really no point in having it. 

There does need to be more perks for subscribers, the current ones are lackluster.

There are tons of things they could add or do like "free" travel or  "account wide costumes" or a "free" Daily lewt box (same as newest one in hungmoon store) are ok examples. 

The premium benefits indeed need some tweaking.

Shared storage

Either allow all players access a "shared storage" within the account or make it a premium feature.

Shared wardrobe

If you so much wish to uphold what you have said yourselves; along the lines of "listening to what the community wants". This should be a no-brainer as it has already been echoed endlessly by several other players.

Inventory Space

I believe the game masters and some of the developers have played the game, even after fully expanding your inventory basic & secondary storage, you still have insufficient space after awhile. If not, take a look at your item database and look at how many items there are in this game.

I disagree with people asking for the inventory to be fully "released" but instead, I propose an alternative: a Premium Member-only inventory access(like a second page or something that is already fully unlocked); this encourages more people to sign up for premium membership which in turn generates a stable income every week/month/year instead of releasing trolol RNG boxes.

If this is somewhat too substantial, you can limit the type of items that can be placed in that premium member-only inventory, i.e. strictly only boxes, consumables and no weapons/soul shields or the other way around, your call.

Just my 2-cents.

1 minute ago, Liverne said:

I disagree with people asking for the inventory to be fully "released" but instead, I propose an alternative: a Premium Member-only inventory access(like a second page or something that is already fully unlocked); this encourages more people to sign up for premium membership which in turn generates a stable income every week/month/year instead of releasing trolol RNG boxes.

Even if they would add that, still price for the premium is kinda too high so first they would need to lower that in my honest opinion

11 hours ago, OldMansChild said:

Premium subscription

• Make an actual SUBSCRIPTION method to buying premium, none of this over-buying of NCoin crap.

It could be added with the existing method and not to replace it.

I have seen too many threads of people having issue with the payment provider (like digital river) in other games when it comes to making real money purchases in-game.

Since you can buy NCoin code off amazon and apply it to your account to buy premium, it pretty much neglects this payment issue.

Archived