7 Days Until Character Deletion

Meiv

I like this game. It's a very fun game, and up until now I was perfectly fine with the F2P model I was seeing. I love buying cosmetic stuff, I don't mind paying for shortcuts that are otherwise attainable without paying (depending on my patience) and everything else seemed sound with this game. Until I tried deleting a level 30 character so I can try another class. It will take me seven days until I can free up that slot. There's no reason for this, other than trying to force the player to buy more slots. I can understand a few minutes to try and prevent mistakes, but this is egregious. I'm now pissed I spent any time or money on this game at all. I went from loving this game to being 110% done in less than a minute.

I just figured I'd provide some feedback, at least.

5 minutes ago, Meiv said:

I like this game. It's a very fun game, and up until now I was perfectly fine with the F2P model I was seeing. I love buying cosmetic stuff, I don't mind paying for shortcuts that are otherwise attainable without paying (depending on my patience) and everything else seemed sound with this game. Until I tried deleting a level 30 character so I can try another class. It will take me seven days until I can free up that slot. There's no reason for this, other than trying to force the player to buy more slots. I can understand a few minutes to try and prevent mistakes, but this is egregious. I'm now pissed I spent any time or money on this game at all. I went from loving this game to being 110% done in less than a minute.

I just figured I'd provide some feedback, at least.

Got Premium to delete my lvl 32 char is taking 9 days xD 

Thanks for the feedback, we will have news regarding this subject very soon.  All I have to say for now is that it is not as simple as it seems at first glance and that the deletion timer was not designed to force you to do anything, it is the same deletion timer as it is on every version in every region.

3 minutes ago, Babbletr0n said:

Thanks for the feedback, we will have news regarding this subject very soon.  All I have to say for now is that it is not as simple as it seems at first glance and that the deletion timer was not designed to force you to do anything, it is the same deletion timer as it is on every version in every region.

where is the logic in designing a 7 day delete timer at all? its beyond dumb

what kind of news? will you reduce the time?

It's to  promote their hongmoon store. Buy buy buy! I freaking hate how they charge expensive prices for costumes and they are treated like normal items! THE COSTUMES SHOULD BE AVAILABLE ACROSS ALL OF YOUR TOONS! If they plan on making lots of costumes why are they doing this? A lot of the game mechanics are based around the hongmoon store. They are charging crazy prices and the character we bought it on cannot be deleted (it would be like burning your money on fire) So you are pretty much forced to play with the characters or buy more slots.. or leave BnS..

Wouldn't a 7 day deletion also help in stopping spam bots after the majority of people have blocked a certain name, spam bot could make a new name. Or at least try to considering they'd have to wait 7 days to do it. Otherwise, not really sure of a good benefit for this.

9 minutes ago, Zira said:

The delay is obviously there to prevent players from "New Character" farming survey rewards, and or other things that can only be obtained at specific levels.

Then just make those items untradeable problem solved. Unless they already.

I thought the long deletion time was to help protect your account if it was compromised.

What if your level 45 was deleted in 5 minutes by a hacker and you didn't have a chance to submit a ticket to reclaim your account? Not sure if they could recover a deleted character at that point.

Also, there's so many topics about this already. Search function is your friend...

2 minutes ago, ryrich said:

I thought the long deletion time was to help protect your account if it was compromised.

What if your level 45 was deleted in 5 minutes by a hacker and you didn't have a chance to submit a ticket to reclaim your account? Not sure if they could recover a deleted character at that point.

Also, there's so many topics about this already. Search function is your friend...

There is that too :D

Try to have your deletion process half way through and you cancelled it by a mistake. It happened to me and so I just level it to 45 as my 2nd character. I am still suffer from this character daily, the amount of damage from it is 1/3 of my main class (something I never like) with the same upgrade pre-Siren.

58 minutes ago, Babbletr0n said:

Thanks for the response. I understand nothing is as simple as I might of made it sound in my original post; apparently the consensus is that it can help prevent character deletions in the event your account is hacked. But this is a little much. I know that not all games are made the same way, but there's a lot of other MMOs out there where they can rollback an account in this event. Other games, however, simply levy all of the responsibility on the player for their hacked account- and that's fine as well, in my opinion.

But 7 days, and in other cases apparently more (??), is pretty nuts. Think of this- that's 25%+ of someone's paid premium service out the window if all they want to do is play a new class, or otherwise buy another character slot.

The only logical reason for this is to get you to buy the character slots they intentionally locked off. They even put links to the cash shop directly below the names of your characters. Character restorations have been a thing forever, as have souldbounds and BoAs. F2P games have been out far too long for people to think this decision was actually made in our best interest. This type of game has and will always be designed to take your money at every possible turn. Accept that fact and have fun.

On 2/3/2016 at 0:31 PM, Zira said:

The delay is obviously there to prevent players from "New Character" farming survey rewards, and or other things that can only be obtained at specific levels.

If your character is below level 15 the wait is only 6 minutes so it's probably not that.

What I wish is that there were more slots available initially; usually in games the slots are relevant to the # of class combos; with BD, Dest, KFM, BM, Sorc, Assassin, and FM, 2 slots initially for 7 class-types is kind of on the minimal side.  3 might have been ok, 4 great, but 2 for 7 is kinda harsh, and with Warlock looming, I sincerely HOPE they are going to INCREASE the number of character slots by at least 1, possibly 2, as 2 slots for 8 classes is bordering just plain silly.

Archived