To everyone complaining about costumes/wardrobes/free stuff.

Acquainted

Couldn't resist posting to this thread. Totally agree with the main post. Have you guys played Lineage 2, for example? Where, if you want better items (enchant them, craft them) there is a very big chance that you won't get it/it will break and you will have to start over again (imagine if your main hongmoon weapon, jewels and soul shields would only have a certain % that it will upgrade/enchant, if it doesn't, you have to start from 0 on it) ? This is a F2P game and you only pay for costumes, mainly (not talking about premium etc.). Of course, there are character slots etc. but no one is complaining about them, inventory space etc. everyone is complaining about costumes. Really? There are PLENTY of costumes to get for free. Most of the people who complain about them (RnG boxes, for example) won't ever even spend a penny on this game (costumes). So stop complaining and just play the game. Don't like something? STOP POSTING HERE AND JUST QUIT. I am getting sick of the spam in this General Section going on and on only about the rng boxes or costumes overpriced ... Want free stuff everywhere? Well, tough luck. You don't eat or have a roof over your head for free, now, do you? Just be glad they brought the game to NA/EU as is ...

Now, just see how quiet this topic will get, or how the little kids (trolls) will start complaining again or completely ignore my post. :D

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah, you didn't prove some huge point that hasn't already been talked about before. This circle still continues, and it's hilarious that people feel such entitlement constantly. Either kids or adults. Doesn't matter. The complaints will roll in like you never said a word.

2 minutes ago, Mizer said:

Nah, you didn't prove some huge point that hasn't already been talked about before. This circle still continues, and it's hilarious that people feel such entitlement constantly. Either kids or adults. Doesn't matter. The complaints will roll in like you never said a word.

Thought so, but I just couldn't help myself by not saying it anyway. :)

Some people seem too entitled. But other people have the right to express their views. If they think things are too expensive, then the alternative is to not spend money on them. Therefore addressing these concerns to see if they hold up is in their interest. Personally I've not spent any money so far. I do want character slots inventory space and maybe even costumes. However if I invested fully, it'd cost a significant amount.

Meta-Complaints are not exactly constructive.

All these consumers exercising their right to consume! How dare they give feedback on what they find tasting bad!

Meh. People should complain all the want as long as they do it in a constructive manner; giving suggestions how to make things better. Developers don't grow and improve without both positive and negative feedback. Complaining about complaining does nothing to help.

Just now, SilverBones said:

All these consumers exercising their right to consume! How dare they give feedback on what they find tasting bad!

Meh. People should complain all the want as long as they do it in a constructive manner; giving suggestions how to make things better. Developers don't grow and improve without both positive and negative feedback. Complaining about complaining does nothing to help.

I am not talking about the constructive complaining/constructive criticism. However, take a good look around the Global Section, actually read through all the topics and tell me: how much is it constructive? Almost all of the topics are just saying that they hate it, they are not going to buy it and that they hate NCSoft because they put in the rng boxes. That's it. Oh, and how they are going to quit this game if this continues/they are quitting. Like, what the hell .. ? :D If you are saying that that is "constructive criticism", then you clearly don't know what that fraze means :D

Main issue is people complaining on the forums are I want I want I deserve I deserve..... instead of asking hey maybe to make it easier on the majority of the player base (storage wise) why not make the wardrobe free, BUT! so it's also fair to the premium how about you give them some other type of complementary service such as.......blank you fill it in..

That is just one example...

3 minutes ago, Aiphira said:

I am not talking about the constructive complaining/constructive criticism. However, take a good look around the Global Section, actually read through all the topics and tell me: how much is it constructive? Almost all of the topics are just saying that they hate it, they are not going to buy it and that they hate NCSoft because they put in the rng boxes. That's it. Oh, and how they are going to quit this game if this continues/they are quitting. Like, what the hell .. ? :D If you are saying that that is "constructive criticism", then you clearly don't know what that fraze means :D

3 minutes ago, Puppy Pie said:

Main issue is people complaining on the forums are I want I want I deserve I deserve..... instead of asking hey maybe to make it easier on the majority of the player base (storage wise) why not make the wardrobe free, BUT! so it's also fair to the premium how about you give them some other type of complementary service such as.......blank you fill it in..

I think you may be cherry-picking some of the posts from the vast amount of threads made on the topic. Also, please bear in mind that many threads have been shut down and directed to other threads to keep the discussion in one place. Sadly that means the constructive stuff gets buried in all the sad whining and ranting.

When you address a thread to all the people complaining about an issue, you are painting everyone with that issue with the same brush. These generalizations don't help the reasonable footing of your complaint (about complaints) and just makes the OP seem just as unreasonable and close minded.

I am sure that was not the intent, but these Meta-Complaint threads are like the two-party political system. It's all polarization and generalizations. Just my opinion of course, but yeah. Meh.

I think you may be cherry-picking some of the posts from the vast amount of threads made on the topic. Also, please bear in mind that many threads have been shut down and directed to other threads to keep the discussion in one place. Sadly that means the constructive stuff gets buried in all the sad whining and ranting.

When you address a thread to all the people complaining about an issue, you are painting everyone with that issue with the same brush. These generalizations don't help the reasonable footing of your complaint (about complaints) and just makes the OP seem just as unreasonable and close minded.

I am sure that was not the intent, but these Meta-Complaint threads are like the two-party political system. It's all polarization and generalizations. Just my opinion of course, but yeah. Meh.

10 minutes ago, Puppy Pie said:

No, of course, I am not saying all of them. There are topics with very good points, suggestions and actual criticism. However, they aren't as many (very few) as the plain-out complaints/people that feel privileged (as Puppy Pie said, "I want I want I deserve I deserve"). Why? I think because people with actual ideas usually don't post it on the forum (at least not here, maybe in the Dojo or just write to the BnS Twitter/Facebook/Ticket system or something).

People have put ideas all over the place but the kids paying with their mothers card always go  "I want I want I deserve I deserve" whenever someone tries to make things fair, they are accustomed to p2w through games and even if so far i havent seen anything realy p2w here they still want the edge because they are paying... scrubs. 

Honestly the company loves to see peopel fight each other because that way they are not fighting them, the ones that put them to fight in the first place.

2 minutes ago, Moderadoresputos said:

People have put ideas all over the place but the kids paying with their mothers card always go  "I want I want I deserve I deserve" whenever someone tries to make things fair, they are accustomed to p2w through games and even if so far i havent seen anything realy p2w here they still want the edge because they are paying... scrubs. 

Honestly the company loves to see peopel fight each other because that way they are not fighting them, the ones that put them to fight in the first place.

See your type of complaint is not helpful at all.

That's great you do not want to buy anything, but don't put down the people that do as you all play the same game. Resolutions do not come from name calling just because someone has a different view. 

Just now, Puppy Pie said:

See your type of complaint is not helpful at all.

That's great you do not want to buy anything, but don't put down the people that do as you all play the same game. Resolutions do not come from name calling just because someone has a different view. 

What the *cricket* are you talking about snowflake?, i just responded to the person that said that "no one gives ideas" and said there are INDEED ideas but just as he says they ignore them, just like you just ignored my point snowflake, no wonder why, passive agression is one of the key points of being a snowflake, playing dumb is another one, in reality i bet you are hidding behind "neutraluty" when in reality you are just playing for the paying people and disminishing anything the f2p have to say.

And like i said again, the ones that started this are the compnay NCsoft themselves but people dont see that and they dotn want you to see that.

21 minutes ago, clawgerber said:

I'd like to send all the whiny people begging for free shit play Archeage for a week. Deal with a company like trion for any amount of time and you'd be begging to come back to NCsoft.

I will try to be constructive!

Why go play archage that p2w , i will instead go play gw2 which is very fairly priced and b2p.

Why pay for 100 dollar for a coke instead of 2-ish dollar for one.

Go figure!

btw i am a paying member and almost rank 9!

6 minutes ago, ThunderGod said:

I will try to be constructive!

Why go play archage that p2w , i will instead go play gw2 which is very fairly priced and b2p.

Why pay for 100 dollar for a coke instead of 2-ish dollar for one.

Go figure!

btw i am a paying member and almost rank 9!

... What? my point was merely that compared to other games, the non-PTW cash shop, RNG, and various other things in BnS are great. anyone who would complain about the way ncsoft is running things dosen't know how good they got it.

What I've gathered is that most of the fanbase for blade and soul are teens/young adults...mostly teens I guess :/

They don't have permanent jobs or jobs that pay well anyway, they don't have access to a globally accepted payment method and they have school/interships/pjs or w.e. and I'm pretty sure the ones that complain the most live under their parents. Don't get me wrong, I have work, school and other shyt to deal with but as far as I'm concerned the only prob I have with bns right now is the management of their servers...nothing else(maybe content). Those people that cry pay to win bns would rather have the game easy af, totally free and boring af before the year ends.

Also pretty sure they have never played or reached far in  a hardcore, squaller game like silkroad online for example(R.I.P.). They like a game and it just has to be f2p or else it sucks donkey balls dipped in club house ranch sauce.

1 hour ago, Puppy Pie said:

My current favorite is the FAT one for lyns from pinchy!

I finally got it after getting 5 hats and 4 tails lol!

I used to think that costume was simply ugly until i saw it on a Yun. Then I realized that they hate my poor Lyn (sniff).

Although the Wish looks quite classy on my Lyn, So i forgave them :D

2 hours ago, Acquainted said:

As many have stated before, this is a FREE TO PLAY game. Even in pay to play games there are still microtransactions present what makes you think a free one won't? So many of you are saying that the costumes are too expensive or the wardrobe isn't shared among many other things. Well guess what, this isn't the only game that does this. What this game DOESN'T do however, is make you pay for upgrades. When you upgrade, it's a GUARANTEED chance to upgrade. There is ZERO chance of failure, there is ZERO chance your weapon will be destroyed and rendered useless forcing you to pay for a new one. There are NO CASH ITEMS that are sold that protect your weapon from being destroyed which you are FORCED TO BUY in many other games due to the very low frustrating success rate at higher upgrade levels, accompanied with the high chance of destroy. 

You people have no clue how lucky you are. Sure there are many things that can be improved, and sure the costumes currently available are ugly because 80% of the costumes anywhere below your chest area, the costume is inflated to hell and it looks like a freaking upside down hot air balloon but holy f- stop complaining. Let's throw you kids into any other game with the mentioned system above and see how much you complain. Where one upgrade can cost you 3$ for a protection item, 3$ for a higher chance of not failing the upgrade, and like equivalent to 10-20 gold of this game just for ONE upgrade. 

Except that are better f2p models out there, that make a good amount off of not being total douchebags to there player base...

-Altering Drop Rates to Sell Keys?

-Player Bound Costumes?

-One Shot Weapon skins?

-Locking basic content behind premium

-forcing you to buy 20 dollars of Ncoin for premium since no 15 dollar value

Are things are being introduced with this game that are questionable in my eyes, things that i sit there and shake my head at, because no one in there right mind would not see that as shady. People are noticing those really bad drop rates, well guess what? game is purposely designed to have really low drop values so that YOU buy there keys, costumes are to high BUT about as expensive as other games HOWEVER, those games tend to not be player bound(save neverwinter but perfect world game what did you expect?). They are trying to use an asian style of cash shop which is notoriously not good in NA

i'm pretty close to leaving at this point. 

Not because the game is bad, but because i dont want to support this kind of cash shop 

Especially when there are games do it WAAAAAY better... and far more fair. 

Tera and Wild Star both have exceptional cash shops that are pretty damn fair... this? i mean i've went through 60+ keys and i have 5-6 of every weapon but my class weapon and alot of this would be easy to fix if they JUST made the non-dungeon drops tradeable BUT they aren't. Would be small changes could happen to make this game more tolerable, and fun but as it is, there asian systems are sucking the fun out of the game for me. 

9 minutes ago, clawgerber said:

... What? my point was merely that compared to other games, the non-PTW cash shop, RNG, and various other things in BnS are great. anyone who would complain about the way ncsoft is running things dosen't know how good they got it.

Yes, compare to Linage and p2w game, but why compare to the worst and not to the best like gw2 (which is one of their sister company.) That is also another reason i tend to lean toward western developers compare to Asian games, as they usually have better monetary policy and interact with their community more. This game now feel like their trying to milk it before its dies(which i think they think its not going to last) with those ridiculous cash shop prices that are coming out.  

I think most of us here just want the cash shop to be reasonable, that will keep more players happy and retain more customer and i think more players are willing to spent. 

From a big spender , soon to be not spending at all!

37 minutes ago, clawgerber said:

I'd like to send all the whiny people begging for free shit play Archeage for a week. Deal with a company like trion for any amount of time and you'd be begging to come back to NCsoft.

People tend to compare themselves to the top and try to achieve it. Not compare themselves to the crap at the bottom and feel happy they're just a bit less smelly.

8 minutes ago, Katush said:

What I've gathered is that most of the fanbase for blade and soul are teens/young adults...mostly teens I guess :/

They don't have permanent jobs or jobs that pay well anyway, they don't have access to a globally accepted payment method and they have school/interships/pjs or w.e. and I'm pretty sure the ones that complain the most live under their parents. Don't get me wrong, I have work, school and other shyt to deal with but as far as I'm concerned the only prob I have with bns right now is the management of their servers...nothing else(maybe content). Those people that cry pay to win bns would rather have the game easy af, totally free and boring af before the year ends.

Also pretty sure they have never played or reached far in  a hardcore, squaller game like silkroad online for example(R.I.P.). They like a game and it just has to be f2p or else it sucks donkey balls dipped in club house ranch sauce.

Sound like an elitist to me!

Games a game, i sure spend money on thing i enjoy and find it reasonable. I sure don't want to grind shit out of a game, it feels like i am a slave to the game instead of enjoying it. I may as well go work instead of playing a game that like work and doesn't pay but instead requires me to spend.

52 minutes ago, clawgerber said:

I can confirm this. I also played AA for like 3 months. Have a lvl 54 Outrider in kyrios, mildly geared with all ships except enoan and still no land and I can tell you it takes alot of real cold hard cash AND time to get ahead in archeage. ALOT.

The game is unplayable without patron status which costs same 20usd a month as bns prem. Bns u dont need prem, AA u need it every month. Imo AA is pretty cool, I'd go back to it had it not been so financially demanding at the moment. Their servers are always up to scratch, community is literally more mature, im talking guys in their late 30s/40s earning probably 8-10k usd for starters and others earning far more with mortgages and shyt to pay 200 or 300 usd a month doesnt phase them.

Blade and Soul players have it nice, reel nice, real smooth. Do your dungeons and daily quest go wherever blue arrow shows up and you'll be up to scratch have all your costumes etc. If you want to u still spend money on the game no harm done.

Archived