Jump to content
Forums

New RNG Box in Shop!


skyy

Recommended Posts

Just now, WarBaby2 said:

Yea, but I doubt that this was what they meant when they said "we have special plans to combat bots/gold sellers".

 

Then again they also said they don't want for the f2players to feel like second class citizens...

 

I suspect they are considering the way this effects the economy and are trying to make the game work in a positive way. It's in their best interest after all. I'd like to think they aren't going to just give up on a game with such a successful launch simply because they don't know what to do with gold spammers.

 

If they are trying to keep F2P players in mind with a choice like this they are simply incompetent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Lifesong said:

 

I suspect they are considering the way this effects the economy and are trying to make the game work in a positive way. It's in their best interest after all. I'd like to think they aren't going to just give up on a game with such a successful launch simply because they don't know what to do with gold spammers.

 

If they are trying to keep F2P players in mind with a choice like this they are simply incompetent.

True, but they already made a metric ton of money on that "second hand" game... I really think they are going all out in checking what they can get away with now - consequences be damned.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mekusa said:

Why we are here yelling as loud as we can is we don't want the game milked dry and the lifeless husk left to rot. Unlike what a lot seem to think we're not F2P only yelling that we're not getting something for free.

What I've seen this as was people yelling that they have no way to get a particular outfit.

("getting lucky on an RNG box" is not a vaild way to get a particular outfit)

It seems to be that the reasoning seems split and vague between other items being in the box like Soulstones and Transformation stones and the costume being in an RNG box.

 

But as @Anjon has said, if they mentioned that RNG boxes are never coming, and now they're here, I'm concerned about that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WarBaby2 said:

True, but they already made a metric ton of money on that "second hand" game... I really think they are going all out in checking what they can get away with now - consequences be damned.

 

/shrug It be nice to hear an official response from NCsoft on their intentions. Not that I'd honestly trust anything aside from an apology.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Im actually not happy with these RNG boxes.

 

I got the master pack just because i liked the game being NOT p2w.

Even tho i know these boxes are not exactly p2w it sure is heading in the wrong way.

 

These developments ingame actually make me wanna spend less money, since it will never end and it will be unfair.

I will happily spend my money for cool outfits and stuff but not like this. Not to gain an advantage on upgrading items or whatever.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Enhance said:

What I've seen this as was people yelling that they have no way to get a particular outfit.

("getting lucky on an RNG box" is not a vaild way to get a particular outfit)

It seems to be that the reasoning seems split and vague between other items being in the box like Soulstones and Transformation stones and the costume being in an RNG box.

 

But as @Anjon has said, if they mentioned that RNG boxes are never coming, and now they're here, I'm concerned about that.

The other items have a way to be got in game or in the store for cash so I no issue with them myself I can't speak for others.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HurbY said:

Im actually not happy with these RNG boxes.

 

I got the master pack just because i liked the game being NOT p2w.

Even tho i know these boxes are not exactly p2w it sure is heading in the wrong way.

 

These developments ingame actually make me wanna spend less money, since it will never end and it will be unfair.

I will happily spend my money for cool outfits and stuff but not like this. Not to gain an advantage on upgrading items or whatever.

I agree.

The boxes themselves aren't the issue. What you can get out of them is mediocre at best considering the price and not really p2w. The problem is that NCSoft lied to the community. They said there wouldn't be any rng boxes and now, a mere two weeks after launch, the first set of boxes has already appeared in the cash shop. Didn't take them long to forget all about their promise, so real p2w is probably just around the corner.

I'm a lot less inclined to spend money on the game now than I was before, because I have a really bad feeling about this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mekusa said:

The other items have a way to be got in game or in the store for cash so I no issue with them myself I can't speak for others.

Yeah, but to me it seemed that when people addressed in-game items in the box, others brought up costume in the box, and when the costume is addressed, the in-game items are brought up and it does a full 38-page circle. 

 

I'm not concerned about some items being "exclusive" to winning a lottery. I don't mind that we have some game items in the cash shop box too (in-game items not being exclusive to the box), since we knew you would be able to buy gold for NCoin from the very start. This is pretty much what it is, but ahead of time.

 

What I am concerned about is a company saying one thing and doing the complete opposite. Just like they did with their promise about region lock. What will be next? Actual pay2win items, like +10 atk per $100 in shop?

 

....I shouldn't have said that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ango said:

I agree.

The boxes themselves aren't the issue. What you can get out of them is mediocre at best considering the price and not really p2w. The problem is that NCSoft lied to the community. They said there wouldn't be any rng boxes and now, a mere two weeks after launch, the first set of boxes has already appeared in the cash shop. Didn't take them long to forget all about their promise, so real p2w is probably just around the corner.

I'm a lot less inclined to spend money on the game now than I was before, because I have a really bad feeling about this.

 

Exactly, i feel the same way.

At first I was like alright, looks good i will spend some money.

But right now em like uh, i rather not spend my money until they prove they are actually trustworthy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Yeah, but to me it seemed that when people addressed in-game items in the box, others brought up costume in the box, and when the costume is addressed, the in-game items are brought up and it does a full 38-page circle. 

 

I'm not concerned about some items being "exclusive" to winning a lottery. I don't mind that we have some game items in the cash shop box too (in-game items not being exclusive to the box), since we knew you would be able to buy gold for NCoin from the very start. This is pretty much what it is, but ahead of time.

 

What I am concerned about is a company saying one thing and doing the complete opposite. Just like they did with their promise about region lock. What will be next? Actual pay2win items, like +10 atk per $100 in shop?

 

....I shouldn't have said that. 

Doesn't China have gems in RNG boxes that do something like that? I know archage ended up having them. That's when I quit that game and I see the same thing starting here :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mekusa said:

Doesn't China have gems in RNG boxes that do something like that? I know archage ended up having them. That's when I quit that game and I see the same thing starting here :(

I think they have the hexagonal gems there or something.

 

Either way, until that bit of information was cleared up, I was planning charging NC and getting even more of those boxes - because why not.

No longer though. Looking forward to any official word to see if I ever will. Will probably just go casual on PVE endgame and enjoy the shit out of the arena pvp which is, no matter what, still a load of pure awesome to me.

Thanks @Anjon, would be cool if I could get some source on that though. Like from their stream? At least which one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Enhance said:

I think they have the hexagonal gems there or something.

 

Either way, until that bit of information was cleared up, I was planning charging NC and getting even more of those boxes - because why not.

No longer though. Looking forward to any official word to see if I ever will. Thanks @Anjon, would be cool if I could get some source on that though. Like from their stream? At least which one.

What did you want from the box might I ask?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mekusa said:

What did you want from the box might I ask?

You could say I'd want the costume, but not exactly anything in particular. As I mentioned before, I'm just in for the kicks of it. There aren't many costumes I even remotely like in NCStore that I didn't get, but getting one that's rare/rather exclusive from the box would be pretty cool - so that's pretty exciting, plus moving me to Tier 9 premium. Even if I don't win it, I still get a bunch of useful stuff like unsealing charms/soulstones/keys, so I don't feel cheated either. I probably wouldn't buy any if I were Tier 9 already, it would be rather boring to just grind the boxes for the costume.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate to say I tried a few hoping to get moonwater transformation stones. I tried just a single stack of 11. I didn't get any, but I did get a decent amount of soulstones (28) which will save me some gold...got 2 dragon pouches and like 6 of the lucky elements. I didn't really care about the outfit. getting moonwater stones is just so expensive so  was hoping this would help :P but.... nope! lol

 

yeah I pretty much don't support RNG boxes either. this helped me get to rank 2 of the premium though. I am not a high roller like most folks so I hope NCsoft doesn't expect me to spend a lot in these RNG crap in the future because I will not. the moonwater stone temptation was just so strong. I really really need those *cricket*ing things T_T and crafting takes so long, and I can't afford that damn merry potters recipe. I don't understand why we can;t at least get them as rare drops from monsters or something...and I see later on you need as many as 11 of these effing stones just to do an accessory upgrade

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lissy said:

yeah I pretty much don't support RNG boxes either. this helped me get to rank 2 of the premium though. I am not a high roller like most folks so I hope NCsoft doesn't expect me to spend a lot in these RNG crap in the future because I will not. the moonwater stone temptation was just so strong. I really really need those *cricket*ing things T_T and crafting takes so long, and I can't afford that damn merry potters recipe. I don't understand why we can;t at least get them as rare drops from monsters or something...and I see later on you need as many as 11 of these effing stones just to do an accessory upgrade

A bit off the topic, but you could get the stones from other people/give materials to people that have the recipe to craft. As of right now, both the materials (soulstones) and the transformation stones are lowering in price, because more people are getting them - even further boosted by the RNG box. So if you're 45, do your poh24/6 dailies, faction daillies, sell soulstones, buy two to four stones on the spot, repeat the next day.

 

You should only get up to True Profane, too - which costs 3 MW Transformation Stones in total. It's not worth upgrading to Siren since it's currently bugged and doesn't trigger focus recovery.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Enhance said:

You could say I'd want the costume, but not exactly anything in particular. As I mentioned before, I'm just in for the kicks of it. There aren't many costumes I even remotely like in NCStore that I didn't get, but getting one that's rare/rather exclusive from the box would be pretty cool to have - so that's pretty exciting, plus moving me to Tier 9 premium. Even if I don't win it, I still get a bunch of useful stuff like unsealing charms/soulstones/keys, so I don't feel cheated either. I probably wouldn't buy any if I were Tier 9 already, it would be rather boring to just grind the boxes for the costume.

If you have the cash and like it the outfit for the 1 year sub looks nice and not a lot have it :) for kicks real world scratchers give the same thing with a chance at real money :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lissy said:

I hate to say I tried a few hoping to get moonwater transformation stones. I tried just a single stack of 11. I didn't get any, but I did get a decent amount of soulstones (28) which will save me some gold...got 2 dragon pouches and like 6 of the lucky elements. I didn't really care about the outfit. getting moonwater stones is just so expensive so  was hoping this would help :P but.... nope! lol

 

yeah I pretty much don't support RNG boxes either. this helped me get to rank 2 of the premium though. I am not a high roller like most folks so I hope NCsoft doesn't expect me to spend a lot in these RNG crap in the future because I will not. the moonwater stone temptation was just so strong. I really really need those *cricket*ing things T_T and crafting takes so long, and I can't afford that damn merry potters recipe. I don't understand why we can;t at least get them as rare drops from monsters or something...and I see later on you need as many as 11 of these effing stones just to do an accessory upgrade

The ranks don't seem to help much I'm like 4 or 5 not sure not a high roller either lol I don't notice a change from when I started am I missing something?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mekusa said:

If you have the cash and like it the outfit for the 1 year sub looks nice and not a lot have it :) for kicks real world scratchers give the same thing with a chance at real money :)

Yeah I was considering it, but it didn't rub with me somehow. I'm hoping to stay here for over a year, but so far the year of subscription might be a far fetch - I'll use my three months first. I don't feel particularly excited about the outfit in it too (I'm aware of it), but I'm still considering it.

 

And I'm not a fan of real world scratcher lotteries - the prize for those is money or whatnot. And I'm not particularly interested in getting money. I would rather it be something for my hobby. Like an outfit for my yun! :3

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mekusa said:

The ranks don't seem to help much I'm like 4 or 5 not sure not a high roller either lol I don't notice a change from when I started am I missing something?

Moving from rank 3 to 4 gives you an ability to sell trash items from anywhere on the map, which I find quite useful. From then on the ranks are a small-ish increase.

Tier 9 gives remote vault though, so that's a thing I'd hope to have.

 

1 minute ago, Master_Jey said:

Just curious. how much $ did you spend so far?

It's from Reddit I believe, though this might be the OP, I dunno, probably not. Here's the link, figure!

https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/445d8i/p2w_confirmed_6000_in_winter_frenzy_chest_outcome/

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...