Forums

New RNG Box in Shop!

skyy

6 minutes ago, Lunaus said:

Again, didn't read my whole comment. I was replaying to someone who asked how would you explain to someone you spent $100's on a pixel costume and I retorted with "How can you explain to someone for buying a million dollar house/car/anything?".

I read the comment, I replied by pointing out the differences in the argument you made with your retort. I agree justifying something extravagant really does not exist. at the end of the day it is because you bought something due to desire.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Sheela said:

And I still don't think he got the outfit, it's not in there. 

That's almost $7000 U.S. That's why I have an issue with this that's shouldn't happen spend that much and not get the outfit?!?!?! Who could say that's right?

1 minute ago, Centimani said:

Well, in case you missed it, this topic is called "New RNG box in shop" so I'd assume you're talking about the boxes and not derailing the topic.

My mistake?

I wasn't derailing, just replying to someone who asked me a question because they couldn't answer a simple question "How does it affect you?" 3 people in a row actually quoted me on the same thing.

1 minute ago, Yui said:

I read the comment, I replied by pointing out the differences in the argument you made with your retort. I agree justifying something extravagant really does not exist. at the end of the day it is because you "wanted" something due to desire.

True, and I apologize if I sounded heated in my response. There's no anger towards anyone, just the one sided view of things because people don't have the funds or want to indulge in gambling which is completely ok but to bash someone who does is uncalled for and in no way makes any argument look right.

4 minutes ago, Mekusa said:

That's almost $7000 U.S. That's why I have an issue with this that's shouldn't happen spend that much and not get the outfit?!?!?! Who could say that's right?

Ever play the lottery? Most people go their entire lives buying multiple tickets and never getting that jackpot let alone any sort of consolation prize.

1 minute ago, Sprites50 said:

How do you spend 6k when you only can buy a limited amount each month?

Multiple accounts? A lot of people in games with subs have at least 2-4 alt accounts that support the main account. Just look at Archeage.

Just now, Lunaus said:

Ever play the lottery? Most people go their entire lives buying multiple tickets and never getting that jackpot let alone any sort of consolation prize.

Multiple accounts? A lot of people in games with subs have at least 2-4 alt accounts that support the main account. Just look at Archeage.

Don't even need to do that you can get Ncoin cards it from amazon as long as they are use to you spending that much they don't even bat an eye

The only thing i dont understand is why are people upset about RNG boxes? ncsoft is not forcing you to buy them the only thing i would be upset about is if the outfit only becomes available through the RNG boxes then that would be some BS

Just now, Pkcrash said:

The only thing i dont understand is why are people upset about RNG boxes? ncsoft is not forcing you to buy them the only thing i would be upset about is if the outfit only becomes available through the RNG boxes then that would be some BS

But it is only in the RNG box

1 minute ago, Pkcrash said:

Do you see the Outfit elsewhere?

And why do you think that so many people are mad about it?

I didn't follow this game from the start but i heard things like "NCSoft told the fans that they will not release RNG-Boxes."

I'm not 100% if that's true, cause no one has provided a reliable quote, but it wouldn't be the first time that a Publisher or Developer would flatout lie to the fans in order to make some profit.

And that pisses me off, im allergic to that, and that's why i join the shitstorm.

Atrapitis.gif

Btw, I was farming yesterday Herbivore hat, it is in locked box from 1/4 milion hp boss, it's loot is green bopae and only two blue % items - necklace and hat. So far I have 60+ necklaces and no hat. Both items are blue color % - but I doubt it is 50/50.. Don't remember getting something rare from POH purple boxes, never got first evolve purple sword after cca 30 rounds of first dungeon, I just used class key from founder pack, etc..

It is just gambling, yes there is chance, but don't blame noone if you get nothing for your money. You just usually paying for that 0,431s long feel, that this might be that lucky box..

I would say, just don't risk to waste your money for nothing.

Also, they should add info for costumes and skins in the shop, which you can also get for just playing the game. I would fell quite scammed to buy one of those and then get it after for free.

It is shame, that BnS is not like GW2, buy to play with fair cash shop (i hope it still is). BnS is f2p, but for me to play how I would like, it is the most expensive game ever.

How do people feel about the concept of "Absolute RNG"? I.e. the realization that because a certain item you want is locked behind an RNG box, someone will get it in 160 NCoin and wonder why everyone's complaining, but you may actually never get it. Ever. Since they don't have a consolation token (A drop from an RNG box that can be collected in large amounts and turned in for the outfit in case you can't RNG one), there's a very real possibility that you'll just never get this thing. No matter how hard you try. Ever. The box is only available for a limited time, too.

14 minutes ago, Anjon said:

How do people feel about the concept of "Absolute RNG"? I.e. the realization that because a certain item you want is locked behind an RNG box, someone will get it in 160 NCoin and wonder why everyone's complaining, but you may actually never get it. Ever. Since they don't have a consolation token (A drop from an RNG box that can be collected in large amounts and turned in for the outfit in case you can't RNG one), there's a very real possibility that you'll just never get this thing. No matter how hard you try. Ever. The box is only available for a limited time, too.

I'm more in for pseudo-rng. But even after spending on RNG boxes, I don't feel cheated for not getting it. The stuff inside is still quite useful.

Sure, shame for someone who actually expected to get an outfit out of... well... $7k. But I don't see why other people complain about that guy spending $7k. It's his money. Well, it was his money. NCSoft's now.

Personally I'm not all that upset, but I am disappointed. The biggest reason to be upset imo is not even the outfit(I honestly think this particular outfit is ugly), but the fact that you can skip out on playing the end game almost entirely by spending money to obtain upgrade items. In practice it devalues the work players who do play the game put into the game. I expect that work to devalue with time either way, but it's particularly obnoxious when end game upgrade items are available in a cash shop. The game is cannibalizing itself. NCsoft has set itself up as a player in it's own game. It's kind of like a referee jumping into a boxing arena. There is no point in bothering to compete when that happens. For all intents and purposes that part of the game might as well be dead. For a game that isn't even a month old to do that is worrying to say the least.

Reasons I am disappointed:

1. Less leverage for building a community as there is less value in being part of a team with coordinated crafting efforts.

2. It devalues the items you can obtain and reasons to farm those items.

3. It makes getting ahead harder. The only way to get ahead in a system like this when NCsoft steps into the ring as a competitor is to farm dailies with multiple characters.

4. It brings real world money concerns into in game communities. I know exactly how much money my clan mates have to spend on this game because it's relevant to progression.

5. It makes F2P players feel like they can't properly contribute or compete with myself and my more financially successful friends.(I'm already premium rank 8 myself)

6. It creates a sort of cast system inside the game. NCsoft > Paying Customers > F2P Player base. NCsoft should remain an outside referee imo.

The one positive is that it hurts the gold sellers. The problem is that it hurts gold sellers and players in equal measure. I can compete with gold sellers. I can't compete with NCsoft.

2 minutes ago, Enhance said:

But I don't see why other people complain about that guy spending $7k.

No one cares about how someone else spends their money. They care about transparency. To many players in BnS, they didn't want a good f2p MMO, they just wanted a good MMO that may or may not have been f2p. They've been following the game across multiple reasons for years (I've literally been waiting for this release since E3 2007). One of the most enticing things about the game was how little it felt like a traditional f2p MMO, going by the other regional experiences.

One of the major fears coming into this release was that NCSoft would somehow change the experience for the worst in NA, which kind of happened already. Features that were free in other regions were suddenly behind a Paywall here. For example, every Premium feature we have was given away for free to new players in the Japanese build for a month. That's basically a free Founder's Pack just for making a new account, and it did well for them.

Here, we don't even get the Wardrobe for free, but people were able to overlook some of that if the game was more or less the same. It also didn't hurt that in several Streams, BnS staff assured players that RNG boxes were never coming to the game, and that the drastic change in features available for free vs premium was to facilitate this (they once said Wardrobe being Premium would go a long way to keeping RNG boxes out of the game).

And yet here we are, in a game that is quickly mirroring the state of something like Tera.

4 minutes ago, Lifesong said:

The one positive is that it hurts the gold sellers. The problem is that it hurts gold sellers and players in equal measure. I can compete with gold sellers. I can't compete with NCsoft.

Yea, but I doubt that this was what they meant when they said "we have special plans to combat bots/gold sellers".

Then again they also said they don't want for the f2players to feel like second class citizens...

I HATE rng boxes it's the easiest way EVER to milk us players for money since you need like 500 boxes or more to actually get anything -.-

not gonna waste my money on that sh***

the cashop and the ncoins exchange for our money is as expensive as it is to my taste >.> !

4 minutes ago, Anjon said:

BnS staff assured players that RNG boxes were never coming to the game, and that the drastic change in features available for free vs premium was to facilitate this (they once said Wardrobe being Premium would go a long way to keeping RNG boxes out of the game).

Well, that certainly is concerning. And is a whole separate issue from RNG boxes themselves in my opinion. I didn't know that, thanks.

Hand me the pitchfork.

... and a few rng boxes, god I love those.

Archived