New RNG Box in Shop!

skyy

2 minutes ago, lmaogg said:

I bet they remove threads like these to prevent people like you from finding fault from every little thing you can find.

Yes, remove every little thing that could lead to critique. Do you even know what critique is there for?

2 minutes ago, lmaogg said:

Shady.. pfft. If you expect every RNG system to have the % for everything. Dream on.

Yes shady, you still don't get it. RNG boxes are there to milk the most out of the customer.

You want to buy this new iPhone? Ok, let me put this and several other crappy phones into that box and you can choose by randomly grabbing one.

Great customer service. Such a lovely company.

You like being milked for your money, good for you. I don't.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, lmaogg said:

Grats, I opened 12 and didn't get it. 
Oh look, I didn't cry. 
Will I still buy more? If I feel lucky tomorrow.

You clearly don't even know why people don't want the boxes. It is not about spending money, It is about HOW we spend money. If we want a costume give me a price for it and I will pay. Don't make me buy a bunch of boxes and sit there opening them. The reason people are complaining about that percentage is simple.The box's major selling point is that it has a costume, the other things are just what you get for failing. Why would you go to a store and pay for a chance to get what you want. It is not about cost, I don't care how much they put the costume up for. I want to be able to pay for what I want, not a chance to get what I want.

15 hours ago, Enhance said:

As I mentioned in the above post, I'm not dying for the outfit. I just like the thrills of having a posibility to get it. I guess you'd call it a gambling problem, but I'm having my fun.

A serious one. You just blew $250 just to roll the dice on a virtual product that ultimately didn't even give you the outfit you sought. You're the precise person NCSoft targets with RNG boxes. You, and the naive sorts who deceive themselves into thinking, "oh, it's only $2.25. I'll just buy a couple and see if I get it." Rarely do they end with just "a couple."

What bothers me about systems like this is they are wholly unnecessary. I need only point to Final Fantasy XIV. While it has a mandatory subscription model, they only offer glamour from old events, the occasional cosplay outfit or dyes you can now purchase in the game on their Cash Shop.  Yes, I'm aware BnS is a free to play game that needs to account for a large playerable unwilling to pay for premium, but that is easily mitigated by offering what they already have. RNG boxes breeds a play to win philosophy. I hope I'm wrong. 

1 minute ago, Yui said:

You clearly don't even know why people don't want the boxes. It is not about spending money, It is about HOW we spend money. If we want a costume give me a price for it and I will pay. Don't make me buy a bunch of boxes and sit there opening them. The reason people are complaining about that percentage is simple.The box's major selling point is that it has a costume, the other things are just what you get for failing. Why would you go to a store and pay for a chance to get what you want. It is not about cost, I don't care how much they put the costume up for. I want to be able to pay for what I want, not a chance to get what I want.

Like I said, from their point of view the costume is the bonus. It depends on how you see it. 

1 hour ago, Inkheart said:

The issue is not the gambeling for the costumes, if people want to gamble for the costumes they should have the right to do so.
The issue is the ingame items that are put in these boxes that people will get 1000 of before getting there costume ruining any economic in the game, eventualy killing the game itself.
Hearing alot of people say it doesnt effect you, but it does.

Pretty much. Crafting is more or less pointless now, not that it had much viability to begin with. Good thing you can PvP without touching any items really.

Just now, BourneEndeavour said:

Pretty much. Crafting is more or less pointless now, not that it had much viability to begin with. Good thing you can PvP without touching any items really.

You mean Moonwater stone crafting is pointless or lesser priority. They have so many crafts and soul shield is the main one everyone is after mainly for the stone.

They scammed you? *laughs so hard that my sides start to hurt* now on serious note.....you scammed yourself....you bought the RNG box out of your won free will...no one told you to buy it/no one forced you to buy it...deal with it.

I can understand that the costume is what you wanted so badly but why not wait a little longer? They might release the same outfit but in a different color someday.

This RNG box is already breaking the economy just as RNG boxes broke the Archeage economy.

Hoping people wont buy it is useless, people already are because they are thoughtless of the long term consequences, hell two people in my clan already bought em in bulk and were discussing the results in clan chat.

NCSoft is preying upon the foolish, like so many other companies that give no sh*ts about morals. it's disgusting, it's deplorable, and every single NCSoft employee should be ashamed of themselves.  There is nothing we can do about it at this point, they are already making profit off it.

This is your own fault.

Yes, NC's decision to add these boxes to the store is beyond disappointing and my opinion of the company is essentially in the gutter between this and the blatant lying about censorship.

BUT, you knew this was a chance. It was your own fault for buying these BS Boxes, for fueling the fire. Hopefully you've learned a lesson.

I wish people would stop buying the boxes and then complaining they didn't get the outfit. They shouldn't buy them in the first place. The more money that gets dropped into it, the more likely they'll be to make these pop up more despite the outcry. The probability for the outfit is clearly ridiculously low, so just DON'T buy them.

My question to the OP is this: Did you ever get anything inside the Daily/Dungeon RNG boxes besides healing potions and hammers? Then why the *cricket* would think it would be different with this one? I mean, the box dont even show the percentage to get the rare items, now you know the reason.

Seriously people, stop and think before you spend money. 

Vote with your wallets, folks. It's a shame that NCSoft so rudely predates upon the foolish. It's a shame that the players have to shout loudly by NOT BUYING THE RNG BOXES in order to have any chance at making NCSoft treat us with respect. Blind greed doesn't give a flying f*ck about anyone, and will only respond to the path of least resistance towards more money.

Archived