New RNG Box in Shop!

skyy

6 minutes ago, WhiteCrow said:

Don't like it don't buy it is a very stupid mentality to have. Do you know what kind of boxes the CN server has? Would you like those to come here as well and then see people 1v30 in faction pvp? Because this is just a start and it will get worse if the people don't vote with their wallets.

CN mmos are always pretty much a cash shop fest, the way they handle mmo is different from Korean.  Why compare it to other servers when our isn't even that bad.  Don't forget CN isn't hosted by NCsoft, Tencent can handle their micro transaction the way they like.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 minutes ago, YuunaSenpai said:

You do realise, that you can farm costumes? Stop trolling and attacking people, just because you don't know how to get something... 

Isn't there some kind of age restriction?

You can't farm costumes for fabric they changed it. They did say they will bring it back with the update on 10.

Just now, WhiteCrow said:

Don't like it don't buy it is a very stupid mentality to have. Do you know what kind of boxes the CN server has? Would you like those to come here as well and then see people 1v30 in faction pvp? Because this is just a start and it will get worse if the people don't vote with their wallets.

FINNALLY SOMEONE WHO KNOW. FINNALLY SOMEONE WHO CAN FIGHT THOSE DUMB ANSWER "NO LIKE DON'T BUY"

Mate, finnally someone who can give chord to what i'm trying to say and i get covered by those peooples who are here just to feed theyr forum post with those answer community friendly, thinking they are cool

30 minutes ago, Acquainted said:

As of now it's not really a p2w just because of the rng box. However, if people don't boycott this bullshit and keep buying it, the company will say hey there's people dumb enough to buy the box! That means it's a success and we are profiting off of it! Maybe if we put even BETTER items in there, people will buy even more!

-puts costumes with stats or weapon skins with bonus effects or amazing stat gems in the next rng box-

And the box after that will have even better items only obtainable via the box. This is how it's p2w. 

Look at freaking runescape. It's been around for idek how long. It was the starting point for SO MANY gamers out there. It was what got people into games. What did that massively successful game do? It made you pay ($5 back then) $8 or so per month and you get to unlock EVERYTHING. EVERY SINGLE THING available in the game. You also got new cosmetics, you could change your hair for free, you could color your own clothes, the bank gave you like 200 extra slots. 

Now look at a game like legend of edda which is dead, or maplestory, which is dying so badly they had to release a completely f2p world because they lost so many players due to rng boxes, rng stat bonuses, rng etc etc everything. 

Don't be greedy and you will make more money in the long run. You'll make millions off 5+ years rather than probably 1million off of 5 months and then destroy what could possibly be an amazing game. 

Also I should also add, when maplestory released that completely f2p world, they added one single p2w item. It was 24 million coins for a set price. Before it was even released, they showed it on the patch notes. People made countless threads, one got over 15k views and it forced maple to remove that item. Learn from them.

Greedy ass company smh.

Look at NCSoft's track record, they are not in anything for the long haul.. so many games canceled. P2W is stupid. This is not P2W. This is Pay to get there first. Yea. maybe if people buy they will do true P2W. Maybe, they will be like hmm... people didn't buy.. should we make it more enticing? Im not going to worry about it, because in my mind this game will be closed in 5~ years b/c NCSoft does not care about communities, period.

1 minute ago, Artifact said:

it's not even a cute costume

The problem is the community said they don't want RNG boxes and NCsoft promised that, but now there is an RNG boxes for this costume and they will continue to do it for every costumes after.

Seriously, theirs words are the same as Snail in Age of BULLSHIT, at the end, it is only as worth as a FART.

1 minute ago, Raxr said:

Look at NCSoft's track record, they are not in anything for the long haul.. so many games canceled. P2W is stupid. This is not P2W. This is Pay to get there first. Yea. maybe if people buy they will do true P2W. Maybe, they will be like hmm... people didn't buy.. should we make it more enticing? Im not going to worry about it, because in my mind this game will be closed in 5~ years b/c NCSoft does not care about communities, period.

I give it like 2 years at the most and that's already being overly generous. They listen when it comes to bots and spammers but when money gets involved, they seem to drop every moral standard they have. Someone posted a reddit post where a mod or something said they didn't promise it and it was there whether players liked it or not. With that kind of response I can already tell that despite the numerous threads and thousands of views, they have no intention of removing the boxes. But like you said, if they aren't in it for the long run, I'm not surprised. 

1 minute ago, YuunaSenpai said:

Does somebody have a source for the statement about no RNG in cash shop? Everybody is talking about it, but i can't seem to validate that.

Doesn't matter really, just like Snail company, they will deny and try to clean up any mentions of it.

Many changes like not salvage normal costumes and RNG boxes simply to MAXIMIZE PROFITS. I know I would do it too since this is economic 101.

The same strategy is with discounts prices, instead of lower fixed prices, people like to check for discounts, you can google and read about it, preying on mentality of people.

@YuunaSenpai The idea in the form of a sales funnel would look like this and this is shown in-game as well

PVE/PVP costumes are unsalvagable even if its stated in wardrobe I have tested every single one

Cashshop fodder costumes > fabrics > transmuted > IF Item acquired huzzah! > 90% of the time no and cycle repeats 

Hence the company makes money that way although it seems they are abandoning that now.

Regarding the statement i'm trying to dig it up right now, the rng box uproar practically buried it in google searches

Before people start crying "why is there this", "why is there that" in the cash shop. Take a look at the Korea server, do they have the rng boxes? If they do, that's how they roll. They are not going to be like "hey these Americans dislike RNG boxes, let's remove them". 

Maybe if NCsoft sell the NA rights to some other host, I don't see why they will stop doing things the way they roll.

2 minutes ago, lmaogg said:

Before people start crying "why is there this", "why is there that" in the cash shop. Take a look at the Korea server, do they have the rng boxes? If they do, that's how they roll. They are not going to be like "hey these Americans dislike RNG boxes, let's remove them". 

Maybe if NCsoft sell the NA rights to some other host, I don't see why they will stop doing things the way they roll.

Korea has also free wardrobe.

2 minutes ago, Fuz said:

Korea has also free wardrobe.

That is one thing I am complaining about it the other thread as well. But this thread is about the RNG boxes.

If people aren't going to support them through these micro-transactions, they will definitely just going to increase premium price or just make it a major difference from not paying. End of the day they are not charity.

I don't even understand that other story about Hongmon point, i've read not here but in another topic a guy complaining about hongmon npc trader been removed, was supposed to exist a way to exchange something to get hongmon points? I'm missing something else to complain about?

41 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

RNG boxes need to cease to exist. Simple as that.

but those ppl complain and still buy them. As long as they sell, they'll never cease to exist. People are stupid, nothing new.

OMG I HATE THOSE RNG BOXES, STOP IT! "Goes and buys 100+" OMG SO BAD WHY ARE YOU KEEP SELLING THEM? (BECAUSE YOU DUMB *cricket*S KEEPS BUYING THEM!)

eric2.png

Mhm, if there really is no other way to obtain the fabrics, then that really is a sales funnel. At least until 10th of Feb if Luxoria is right.

I still don't think that the RNG boxes are that bad, the probabilties of getting something useful/tradeable does not make the game pay2win in my opinion.

Also the prices for Soulstones and Moonwater Transformation Stones seem to plummet and would help others to progress faster when the items get flown into the market.

2 hours ago, Arathos said:

but it's RNG...jesus do u even know what RNG is ? it's one of the deadly things that breaks any MMO. I myself not gonna bother talk about one single chest but I have strong feeling that others will come in next updates which will be the end of this game,

no i don't know. some material box? Because that really isn't my problem if someone buys that, it doesn't make difference between me and that person in the engame.

1 hour ago, LordGainz said:

I love those people who lie that they are buying rng boxes or anything from the store to "support" the game, you are buying it because it gives you benefits, if the box just said buy this to support the game no items in it , would you still buy it to "support the game"?

support or the person likes to gamble. he can do that for any reason, who cares.

NCSoft what the flying *cricket* are you thinking adding rng boxes? I'm a vip customer myself and don't mind buying cosmetics and other irrelevant stuff.. but this is crossing the line and then some! I know for a fact that a lot of my friends, most likely me included will quit this game if rng boxes doesnt get removed, permanently.

The issue is not the gambeling for the costumes, if people want to gamble for the costumes they should have the right to do so.
The issue is the ingame items that are put in these boxes that people will get 1000 of before getting there costume ruining any economic in the game, eventualy killing the game itself.
Hearing alot of people say it doesnt effect you, but it does.

Archived