New RNG Box in Shop!

skyy

1 minute ago, GnatB said:

Since those additional outfits/cosmetics will probably also be in RNG boxes.  No.

I've been a big spender in many online games.   I have never, and will never, buy Gotchas.

Oh.  And P.S.  I don't care one whit how "exclusive" an outfit is.  I don't feel the need to be an elitist prick.  If I like an outfit, I'll buy it if I feel it's worth the price.  In some games, that's a lot of stuff.  In others, it's nothing.

Are you on drugs ? rofl

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just suggest not to buy it, have self restraint even if you want the black padded coat. It may pop up as a daily dash reward or they'll *cricket* you over in a month by putting it on the store.

The best way to tell them no, is not to buy it.

I don't want this game ending up like Tera, oh god no.

2 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

Yep, it's sad to see that here. When I saw the news when I logged today was like a stab in the back. Sad times, sad times.

So soon too. I thought we might get at least a year, but the new MMO model of high short-term gains followed by the inevitable shutdown of the game seems to be working fast.

Just now, Rincewind said:

Well, I guess that at least they haven't put an "energy" feature that you spend to do PVP or Dungeons and replenish a small quantity each 15 minutes, so you can buy cash shop items that replenish the "energy". Yet.

Oh god no no no. No. Noo.

As much as I like gambling I *cricket*ing hate those waiting games. Please no.

2 minutes ago, GnatB said:

Since those additional outfits/cosmetics will probably also be in RNG boxes.  No.

I've been a big spender in many online games.   I have never, and will never, buy Gotchas.

Oh.  And P.S.  I don't care one whit how "exclusive" an outfit is.  I don't feel the need to be an elitist prick.  If I like an outfit, I'll buy it if I feel it's worth the price.  In some games, that's a lot of stuff.  In others, it's nothing.

It's not necessarily about being elitist. Because BnS is so limited in terms of outfit customization at the moment it's just nice to not look the same as everyone else..

Just now, Enhance said:

Oh god no no no. No. Noo.

As much as I like gambling I *cricket*ing hate those waiting games. Please no.

Hey, tons of people play those games. Can you imagine the amount of money that NCSoft can make if... ok... I better just stop right now. What if NCSoft takes this seriously?

Hey, tons of people play those games. Can you imagine the amount of money that NCSoft can make if... ok... I better just stop right now. What if NCSoft takes this seriously?

NCSOFT should take this seriously ofc , it will solve some of the bot issues . The bots won't be able to farm 24/7 .

You joke but I said about the same about RNG boxes a week ago....

8 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

Well, I guess that at least they haven't put an "energy" feature that you spend to do PVP or Dungeons and replenish a small quantity each 15 minutes, so you can buy cash shop items that replenish the "energy". Yet.

It's preferable to RNG boxes.  At least you get what you're paying for.  (And I'd also argue that for certain game types, it works to balance no lifers with people that have a life)

I am more than happy to support a game that I enjoy playing.  I will buy account upgrades, outfits etc BUT I WILL NOT NOW, OR EVER BUY RNG BOXES.  If the outfits are to be locked behind RNG boxes then it is even more reason to unsub because I wont be buying them or need a wardrobe to keep them in :D

Just now, SerialCaTFeeler said:

Noone forces you to buy them , relax lol .

If you want that outfit they kinda do, And money isn't the issue I've been here before spend over $150 and never get it. If RNG hates you you can spend any amount and not get it. I like this game a lot. I like the outfits they make. If I didn't then I wouldn't be here.

I think a lot of this is more about the fact that people, as much as they hate to admit it, are greedy. If you can't afford the outfit, you honestly don't need it. It doesn't affect the gameplay in anyway. You just want it, you just can't have it because you justifiably afford it. And any arguments about how it ruins the economy are silly. The prices going down for material that everyone needs . The only people being hit hard are the ones that were selling things like Moonwater stones at inflated prices. I'm invested in that market and I honestly don't mind. I'm still making a slight profit at the current prices and if they drop lower, it just makes it more affordable for me to buy later on. And I sure as heck love being able to buy keys. 

24 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

Gold's gonna be for sale with hongmoon exchange too. You have no issue with that?

I just bought $50 worth of NC Coin, however not a single coin will go towards that idiotic gatchapon.  In fact, depending on how this will play out, this may be the last purchase I'll make.  My statement is simple: I like the game, yes I will support it, but *cricket* on me, but ignore us and I'll ignore you.  On top of that, if this doesn't get changed, as aforementioned, I will not recommend this game and encourage people to stay the hell away from it.  Greedy publisher that's one thing, but greedy that ignores their player base, that's unacceptable.  I am a wallet warrior but I'll become a free to play freeloader faster than a pimp can slap a ho if this doesn't change.

3 minutes ago, Snowaeth said:

Money grabbing *Crickets*

Why can't f2p devs keep game affecting/in game items out of cash shop?

It's always the easy money grab, without any care for the game whatsoever.

Yea, well, after the hackjob localization, I'm not really shocked about that, though.

I'm bad with gaming problems. I like games and chance a bit too much. I wanted that outfit. They knew people wanted that one so they saw opportunity. Honestly I bought two boxes and wanted to buy more and then came to my senses. I'm glad that there is an outcry against it. I think seeing this response from the community will help me keep cash in my wallet. Thanks guys for making this topic known. This gambling needs to be recognized for what it is. I don't have a problem with it existing, but just call it what it is and be honest about it. My good will is not going up by this company practicing in this business. I don't like it in csgo, hearthstone, or here. But at least in other games there is a second option to get the item by other means (direct buy or salvaging cards).  This is straight up no choice.... you want the outfit.... you gamble. I'm not going to play that game nuh uh no way.

Archived