New RNG Box in Shop!

skyy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Hongmoon said:

They didn't listen to your cash shop woes before, they're not gonna listen now. More rng boxes on the 10th!

Exactly.  The best way to protest is to not buy the boxes.  It's the same philosophy as with the gold spammers, which is to say that dirty business tactics would not be deployed unless they were profitable.  People talk bad about gold sellers, but those guys are clearly in a thriving business, especially in a game where getting gear heavily depends on how much money you have.  People talk smack about RNG boxes, but there are probably more people that don't mind tossing money after those things, otherwise these companies would not do it.

i so agree with you guys, i was kinda looking forward to spend some money on the custome but since they put it on a rng boxes really let me down, i mean come on the other custome sold so well why in the world would they actually put it in a rng box, i know it might be less unique if everybody have it since rng goes by luck and only 2 of the items will be recieve from that freaky rnb box, thats fukin BS

2 minutes ago, duber said:

Exactly.  The best way to protest is to not buy the boxes.  It's the same philosophy as with the gold spammers, which is to say that dirty business tactics would not be deployed unless they were profitable.  People talk bad about gold sellers, but those guys are clearly in a thriving business, especially in a game where getting gear heavily depends on how much money you have.  People talk smack about RNG boxes, but there are probably more people that don't mind tossing money after those things, otherwise these companies would not do it.

No the best way to protest is not buy anything at all.

3 minutes ago, Mekusa said:

Same here I'm going 100% FTP. Kinda sad I was going to buy the school outfit and the Gon female one when I got paid Friday. :(

And to think I fooled myself into believing they would not be stupid enough to stoop to Trion/Archeage tactics.  This is the last time I'm being fooled, the MMO genre for me is dead for a long time after this.  So disappointed, but I should be greatful because there are greater things in life I'll be spending my time on once I eventually give this up.

It's okay NCSoft, I'll take the hate by your side. Just please put better rewards in the RNG boxes. The current ones are shitty, they're not even worth buying a box for.

Would be nice to see the Hongmoon gems in them instead of only being able to get them from Blackwyrm chest/Blackwyrm essence (especially seeing how every server is very 1-sided faction-wise).

Really cant wait to see this kind of RNG box. You'll have all my money.

1161fd6fd4.jpg45ba1a7fed.jpg

Just now, Myleina said:

It's okay NCSoft, I'll take the hate by your side. Just please put better rewards in the RNG boxes. The current ones are shitty, they're not even worth buying a box for.

Would be nice to see the Hongmoon gems in them instead of only being able to get them from Blackwyrm chest/Blackwyrm essence (especially seeing how every server is very 1-sided faction-wise).

Really cant wait to see this kind of RNG box. You'll have all my money.1161fd6fd4.jpg

Ugh, players like you are what cause this to continue.  Well, GG I'm sure you'll get what you want.  You'll also have dead servers and hardly anyone to play with sooner or later, but if that's fun to you I guess you don't care.

NCSoft, look fellas... I've spent about $5k in Vindictus. Two major reasons I quit was that player complains were ignored and gatchapons. Before going any further, thank you again for culling the bot-spam pandemic. Please do not feed us a carrot on a stick with the gatchapons. I will be frank, I'll even pay $100 for a costume I like (although many will not) but you will loose a customer if there is not an alternative monetary method of getting the elusive item from a "box". Yes I may buy a few, and if I don't win it will leave a sour taste in my mouth and will likely end up quitting. I, like many others, enjoy the aesthetics of Blade & Soul but slutty and sexy costumes are just part of that charm. 

I have seen seen a similar situation in another game called Scarlet Blade (you will know it as Queen's Blade) where they attempted to put a very sexy costume into a gatchapon.  I know from a credible source that this single act caused an exodus of a big percentage of the "founders".  Realizing that they have effectively pissed off the wallet warriors as well as the freeloaders, they have attempted to fix their mistake by making the costume purchasable for a very high price. Of those who stayed, many bought one, myself included, but now the game's image (unfairly tainted by the a$$hole money hungry publisher) was all but ruined.

Similarly here, if gatchapons are added without an alternative for a direct purchase, I will buy a few, but I will never give you a positive review of this game ever again. I will  not recommend this game to anyone.  In fact, I will caution them to stay away.  In chess, strong players learn to sacrifice pieces for position.  I trust that good reputation will outweigh NCSoft's greed.  Please understand that we are not asking for a hand out. We get it, NCSoft is a profit organization not a $&@! church.  All we want is a direct way of obtaining the item for a high price ($50, $75, $100, I doubt I'd pay more than that), in lieu of, or alternative to, purchasing a gatchapon. 

As as for the free loaders? There are the hongmoon coins; go save up if you do not wish to support a title you partake in daily.

Previous experiences with cash shop RNG boxes in other games have taught me to stay far, far away from them, no matter how much I want something in them, lol.

Sad thing is... I don't even feel angry or disappointed. I'm just so used to seeing stuff like this that I was kind of expecting to see this happen sooner or later... and that's not exactly a good thing.

8 minutes ago, Thoron said:

And as usual ...no gm visibility on pressing issues. 

They won't... actions have to speak louder than words here. We have to not buy these boxes, money does the talking with companies because that's how they see us as money. The money turns their back on the company and things start to change.

2 minutes ago, Cetra said:

Ugh, players like you are what cause this to continue.  Well, GG I'm sure you'll get what you want.  You'll also have dead servers and hardly anyone to play with sooner or later, but if that's fun to you I guess you don't care.

Players like me? You mean someone who likes the game and love to support them with my money so they can keep improving stuff? Someone that isnt crying because they're doing what every single other MMO does? Someone that has spare money and I can do whatever the *cricket* I want with it?

Or you mean someone that dislikes every server being 1-sided factionwise and that the lower faction has no way of obtaining certain end-game gems because we get camped by the other faction?

You guys are all crying for every single thing they put out. Costume is 20$? OMG OMG SO EXPENSIVE... IM VERY DISAPPOINTED IN NCSOFT.  Put costume in RNG box? OMGOMG SO STUPID, VERY DISAPPOINTED, I'D BUY IT IF 15-20$ BUT NOT RNG BOX!!.

In the end, forum is pointless for them to take into account. They'll see how many people are buying the boxes and they'll base themselves on that. Altho this box is shit rewards so it may fail, but there will still be lots of ppl trying for the costume.

Well congrats NCsoft on making me regret spending cash for my founder pack and NCoin purchases since, first you can't even keep the servers running correctly, then after gouging us in every concievable way for inventory space etc you try to double dip with RNG boxes. If you break promises a few weeks after launch, how's the game going to look in 6 months?

Guess i won't be renewing premium etc either until you make your minds up which direction you truly wish to take the game, and if this is anything to go by it doesn't look promising.

Just wanted to say if you're friends and family consider these boxes make them change their minds. If your clan thinks about it persuade them not to turn them away from the scam don't let them fall for this. We have to think about how the actions we take right now with these rng boxes will affect us down the road it's not gonna end well we can't let our favorite game be turned into Dragon Nest, Perfect World International, or Elin rng box land TERA we waited to long for this game guys way to long we have to protect it.

For those that are not familiar with the running of NcSoft, and screaming out about this new box... Welcome to NcSoft! If you play Aion or Lineage 2 those type of boxes are an everyday occurrence. Every event there are different boxes of some sort offering top grade items along side very common items and people sink $$$ into the events for the hope of that one really good item or costume.

This is not new and don't expect it to change.. This is how they run.

Archived