Forums

New RNG Box in Shop!

skyy

1 minute ago, Shorsh said:

No the box isn't just for the costume, its all about the costume for YOU. 

Like I said you cannot say why people are opening the boxes. I got the costume and guess what? I'm going to open more once the server goes up.

You shouldn't be getting anything except the Keys, potions, and unsealing charm which has 100% loot chance everything else is random.

You are paying for a chance at the other items. You dont like that you may not randomly get what you want (in this case the costume) then don't buy the box.

It's supposed to be a costume only, not an RNG box. But NCSoft knew that people would pay for that costume so they decided to do jack shit and made it RNG so people would gamble on it and fail and make them buy more for a "very very small chance" of getting it. This is such a huge scam.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Luxoria said:

It's supposed to be a costume only, not an RNG box. But NCSoft knew that people would pay for that costume so they decided to do jack shit and made it RNG so people would gamble on it and fail and make them buy more for a "very very small chance" of getting it. This is such a huge scam.

Luxoria.. When you purchase this RNG box what is it called?

Is it called Costume box? NO. lol. It is not suppose to be ONLY for the costume.

Do you not understand that?

Sad seeing this, going to not buy anything any more and would refund my master pack if I could lol, having costumes and costumes only in the rng boxes is one thing, selling mats that take ages to grind up is ridiculous. Not pay to win my @ss. Maybe when they said not pay2win they meant arena, nothing else matters to them, if they think with service like this it will be an esport then good luck.

2 minutes ago, Luxoria said:

Well, i don't think they would make the rates higher for us, now would they? ....

Just now, Conor13seconds said:

I don't need to google it to have an opinion ^^. I like the current content of the game. If it goes pay to win, then we'll have a reason to yell. 

Man, we all waited this game for how long? peoples do converted his computer language in japanese, proxy things, ID stuffs and i can't even remember all weirdo stuff to play blade and soul those years, the minimum that i can do it's oput my experience from my previous games (played from closed beta till they got empty), to avoit it again. I don't like to watch the rain fall from my windows and say "Oh, it's raining, let's wait it end" i prefear grab umbrella and walk around, this way to say in my language make sense, don't know how look in english but the core is, i wan't try to avoid sometjhing that started in EXACT SAME WAY before

2 minutes ago, Shorsh said:

Luxoria.. When you purchase this RNG box what is it called?

Is it called Costume box? NO. lol. It is not suppose to be ONLY for the costume.

Do you not understand that?

You just don't get what I'm saying lmao. It was their decision to put it inside a box. It was supposed to be released as a COSTUME ONLY AND NOT AN RNG BOX. 

F A N B O Y S PLEASE STAHP SUPPORTING SCAMMING AND SAVE THIS GAME FROM BECOMING ANOTHER ARCHE AGE

You see, this has been a popular way to make profits. Instead of selling the costume, which a fixed price, they instead have an RNG box which has a low chance of getting the costume and THEREFORE make much much more money for that costume.

It's all about PROFITS and lottery, the best way to make money and we have plenty of games to prove this.

You just don't get what I'm saying lmao. It was their decision to put it inside a box. It was supposed to be released as a COSTUME ONLY AND NOT AN RNG BOX.

Where did they say it was suppose to be released as only a costume and not in a box?

Source? oh wait.... none. 

Stop attacking each other. This is digressing quite a bit, point is disappointment at the introduction of this concept when we already had Transmutation to begin with. I felt that set us apart it is a nice idea. Going into rng boxes just seems ridiculous when you have addressed issues over rng boxes ( although it was not a rng costume box) as early as october 2015. The rates are just as low as that of other mmos when I believe is uncalled for and totally rendering the concept of Transmutation useless. 

So what is going to become now? I thought the idea of the future stuff like beachwear and this were going to be fabric crafted via transmutation. Back in beta that was even the description that some of these costumes be obtained that way. Are we giving this up now? If we are going the box route we might as well remove those outfit pouches. Having these 2 systems just shows how indecisive the company is in deciding how they want to handle their microtransactions.

Just now, Artifact said:

Idk about the boxes but there must be another way to get fabrics. I see  stacks of them in marketplace and there's a lot of them. 

There's no other way right now but to buy any costume from the store which costs $15 at least for just a fabric.

Poor F A N B O Y wants to get spoonfed. learn2google

Can you not provide a source to validate your argument?

resulting to name calling because you have failed to prove your point?

the logic. 

3 minutes ago, WhiteCrow said:

Sad seeing this, going to not buy anything any more and would refund my master pack if I could lol, having costumes and costumes only in the rng boxes is one thing, selling mats that take ages to grind up is ridiculous. Not pay to win my @ss. Maybe when they said not pay2win they meant arena, nothing else matters to them, if they think with service like this it will be an esport then good luck.

I would like to get a refund too but it's not possible, we can only wait answers.

The thing that make high stress it's the "Exclusive" of Rng, i mean OK you wan't a lottery thing? FINE! But don't hide in it something that can be got only there.

Example: Costune n°145 in RNG OR you buy for 2000 NC Coin. The "Exclusive" point, if peoples feed the RNG box now that have only a ugly dress, will roll and roll, grow and grow and tomorrow an endgame gem, or a weapon needed to an upgrade, or da hell i know, a Tome to upgrade a Skill.

This is the "Why RNG can turn game into p2w" but there is also the other version, the basic "Peoples do like collect costumes and can't couse RNG block and hold some of them inside it"

And you can't egoistically answer "if they are stupid it's not my fault" it's still a playstyle. I'm not here blaming who spent all day inside arena, if they like gg. I prefear pve and mass pvp in misty forest, it's my way, it's what i like.

You need to think about everything

@Luxoria @Shorsh okay thats enough, we didn't come here to fight this out. I wish I screenshotted our wardrobe back in beta. If anyone did on the Padded Coat plz post it here. It along with other special costumes were listed to be created via Transmutation with the use of fabrics of which the Black Padded Coat itself was listed as a single item without the need of Transmutation.

Adding on... not all costumes in cash shop were able for grabs, beachwear was supposed to be transmutation/dragon express exclusive. This way people would buy the cheapest costumes to salvage for a chance to dress kinky. Although the result is the same and people are going to spend tons of money. I believe this outrage would have been contained. And thats why I liked it. And its also why I felt that they should have made rng boxes a lot more reasonable in rates. If you already have a system and a sales funnel its bad sense for you just to change it without any explanation.

it happens in every single f2p game, for some reason i hoped this game will be different but im pretty sure they will put more p2w stuff  as the game goes, thats a great marketing strategy, start with cosmetics, end up with rng boxes and stuff its not basically p2w tho but rng boxes can give you huge amount of advantage over f2p players

1 minute ago, lmaogg said:

A korean company, doing stuff base on korean standard on a korean mmo game. I don't see what's wrong with rng boxes :/
Don't like it, don't buy it. Simple.

Don't like it don't buy it is a very stupid mentality to have. Do you know what kind of boxes the CN server has? Would you like those to come here as well and then see people 1v30 in faction pvp? Because this is just a start and it will get worse if the people don't vote with their wallets.

Archived