New RNG Box in Shop!

skyy

I would like to say a little thing about gambling ...

Even if I don't win money in RNG boxes I still invest my money in something RNG like if I'm playing a slot machine in a common gambling site.

A person engages in gambling if he stakes or risks something of value upon the outcome of a contest of chance or a future contingent event not under his control or influence, upon an agreement or understanding that he or someone else will receive something of value in the event of a certain outcome. Gambling does not include bona fide business transactions valid under the law of contracts, such as the purchase or sale at a future date of securities or commodities, contracts of indemnity or guaranty and life, health or accident insurance.

In Italy we have AAMS (Amministrazione Autonoma dei Monopoli di Stato) that decides if a gambling site is legal or not and those sites MUST have on theyr home page AAMS logo to state that they can get money for RNG sh*t. I believe every country have theyr "AAMS" (in US there is a gambling law as far as I know) so I really dunno why is so common in online games to put in shop RNG boxes without caring about laws.

I will just quote me.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Shorsh said:

I opened 28 boxes.

Got the costume.

Got 1 moonwater stone.

2 cinderland keys

bunch of soulstones

and a bunch of elements of luck to upgrade my weapon/accessories with come Feb10th patch.

I'm not complainin :)

You're not complaining cause you got what you want. You stupid or something? Also the chance of getting the costume should be something like 15-25%. As of right now it feels like 000000000.000000000001. Seriously, it needs some reworking and should be more rewarding.

I would like to say a little thing about gambling ...

Even if I don't win money in RNG boxes I still invest my money in something RNG like if I'm playing a slot machine in a common gambling site.

A person engages in gambling if he stakes or risks something of value upon the outcome of a contest of chance or a future contingent event not under his control or influence, upon an agreement or understanding that he or someone else will receive something of value in the event of a certain outcome. Gambling does not include bona fide business transactions valid under the law of contracts, such as the purchase or sale at a future date of securities or commodities, contracts of indemnity or guaranty and life, health or accident insurance.

In Italy we have AAMS (Amministrazione Autonoma dei Monopoli di Stato) that decides if a gambling site is legal or not and those sites MUST have on theyr home page AAMS logo to state that they can get money for RNG sh*t. I believe every country have theyr "AAMS" (in US there is a gambling law as far as I know) so I really dunno why is so common in online games to put in shop RNG boxes without caring about laws.

4 minutes ago, ItsWaffle said:

I will just quote me.

Honestly, I really wish countries would outlaw RNG boxes in online games because it is gambling. Then we would never have to deal with this bullshit again.  And it wouldn't take many to do it either.  A couple countries in Europe, and the United States, and bam.  RNG boxes from cash shops are gone forever.

@Shorsh @Trinket Theres going to be people who are lucky and get these in their first few boxes, makority of us though do not have that fortune. I've seen a handful that have gotten it under 50 boxes but overwhelmingly throughout the day we got people passing even 100 boxes and never seeing it. I'm one of them. But I do not hate NCsoft for that, I'm just dissed like what @STR4ng3r said that they were not gonig to introduce this concept yet they did. Like what happened to transmutation? It just got undid.

7 minutes ago, Succubus said:

I do agree with the definition of dumbest post, but i agree that itì's not cool call dumb someone, But i underline that Sphynxi called duymb the post, not the poster, so you are safe from dumb zone, but your post is not, i'm sorry. Your post has been dumbzoned xD

lol whatever you people are weird. Dunno why would anyone crying over some pixel costumes. Outta here :))

4 minutes ago, Shorsh said:

I opened 28 boxes.

Got the costume.

Got 1 moonwater stone.

2 cinderland keys

bunch of soulstones

and a bunch of elements of luck to upgrade my weapon/accessories with come Feb10th patch.

I'm not complainin :)

Same got costume a ton of unsealing charms, soulstones 3 moonwater stones, moonwater keys....if you only get healing pots...its a sign you should never do rng.

1 minute ago, Kuro-pi said:

Honestly, I really wish countries would outlaw RNG boxes in online games because it is gambling. Then we would never have to deal with this bullshit again.  And it wouldn't take many to do it either.  A couple countries in Europe, and the United States, and bam.  RNG boxes from cash shops are gone forever.

The worst thing is that a child under the legal age to bet on something can still buy them cause is no age control on this, I can state an the site that I'm 18+ and nobody will ask me to prove it.

4 minutes ago, Luxoria said:

You're not complaining cause you got what you want. You stupid or something? Also the chance of getting the costume should be something like 15-25%. As of right now it feels like 000000000.000000000001. Seriously, it needs some reworking and should be more rewarding.

You are assuming I got what I wanted, maybe I really wanted that moon water key.

You have no clue.

Your paying for a CHANCE to get something decent just like when you play lottery.

I bought 28 boxes just to see what I would get. I didn't go in expecting anything I didnt even know what the boxes contained.

28 boxes and I have about 10+ of each element of luck. I'm happy with that more than anything.

Also don't be upset at ncsoft because YOU made the decision to spend hundreds of dollars on RNG boxes that you hate oh so much.

As of now it's not really a p2w just because of the rng box. However, if people don't boycott this bullshit and keep buying it, the company will say hey there's people dumb enough to buy the box! That means it's a success and we are profiting off of it! Maybe if we put even BETTER items in there, people will buy even more!

-puts costumes with stats or weapon skins with bonus effects or amazing stat gems in the next rng box-

And the box after that will have even better items only obtainable via the box. This is how it's p2w. 

Look at freaking runescape. It's been around for idek how long. It was the starting point for SO MANY gamers out there. It was what got people into games. What did that massively successful game do? It made you pay ($5 back then) $8 or so per month and you get to unlock EVERYTHING. EVERY SINGLE THING available in the game. You also got new cosmetics, you could change your hair for free, you could color your own clothes, the bank gave you like 200 extra slots. 

Now look at a game like legend of edda which is dead, or maplestory, which is dying so badly they had to release a completely f2p world because they lost so many players due to rng boxes, rng stat bonuses, rng etc etc everything. 

Don't be greedy and you will make more money in the long run. You'll make millions off 5+ years rather than probably 1million off of 5 months and then destroy what could possibly be an amazing game. 

Also I should also add, when maplestory released that completely f2p world, they added one single p2w item. It was 24 million coins for a set price. Before it was even released, they showed it on the patch notes. People made countless threads, one got over 15k views and it forced maple to remove that item. Learn from them.

Greedy ass company smh.

Just now, ave4 said:

lol whatever you people are weird. Dunno why would anyone crying over some pixel costumes. Outta here :))

It's just the begin, you new on this game or you new in general on all online gaming experience? It start with a ugly costume, always. Only the begin.

2 minutes ago, Shorsh said:

You are assuming I got what I wanted, maybe I really wanted that moon water key.

You have no clue.

Your paying for a CHANCE to get something decent just like when you play lottery.

I bought 28 boxes just to see what I would get. I didn't go in expecting anything I didnt even know what the boxes contained.

28 boxes and I have about 10+ of each element of luck. I'm happy with that more than anything.

You got the costume. That's what the box is all about and that's what it's supposed to be about. Not some keys or anything else that you can get. It's all about what you should be getting and what you pay for. If you didn't get the costume, I bet you're not gonna be happy.

1 minute ago, Conor13seconds said:

And what do you want ? They don't force you to buy it, that's it, PERIOD. They' don't need to explain themselves.

Haven't asked your answer, i wan't theyr answer, but thx you are feeding the answers and pages, you are working for our war even if you keep staying on the wrong side

Just now, Succubus said:

It's just the begin, you new on this game or you new in general on all online gaming experience? It start with a ugly costume, always. Only the begin.

Never played any mmo :)) only playing games like cs go and dota 2. Thats why i dont understand how a game can be p2w if everyone has same stats in arena anyway :D. I just play the game for the story and the pvp combat .

4 minutes ago, Luxoria said:

You got the costume. That's what the box is all about and that's what it's supposed to be about. Not some keys or anything else that you can get. It's all about what you should be getting and what you pay for,

No the box isn't just for the costume, its all about the costume for YOU. 

Like I said you cannot say why people are opening the boxes. I got the costume and guess what? I'm going to open more once the server goes up.

You shouldn't be getting anything except the Keys, potions, and unsealing charm which has 100% loot chance everything else is random.

You are paying for a chance at the other items. You dont like that you may not randomly get what you want (in this case the costume) then don't buy the box.

Just to rub salt in your wounds cause im Petty af

Doesn't he look so cute in this costume :)

2r4swaw.jpg

1 minute ago, Succubus said:

Haven't asked your answer, i wan't theyr answer, but thx you are feeding the answers and pages, you are working for our war even if you keep staying on the wrong side

There is no such thing as the "Wrong side" i'm wrong to you, you're wrong to me, that's just an opinion. To me you're looking at the wrong problem, that's my opinion.

stop buying anything, send a message, vote with your wallet

if trying to cahsgrab us with limited inventory space, limited character slots, wardrobe wasn't enough for them...... not gonna give them a dime until all of this changes

Just now, Conor13seconds said:

There is no such thing as the "Wrong side" i'm wrong to you, you're wrong to me, that's just an opinion. To me you're looking at the wrong problem, that's my opinion.

Like if there are not enough games ruined by random loot box, go google it, my opinion it's pretty popular.

Archived