New RNG Box in Shop!

skyy

IMO Ncsoft west has been doing a great job by combating a lot of problems we faced with launch till now. Most recently bot nuke was an amazing and great job, trying to fix razer issues,extra servers for the increase in people,queue time and a few other things here and there. Although this RNG box for the black padded coat and other such things is complete and utter crap.Really? A flipping RNG box for a costume.... What is this areia games?! Get that out of the store ASAP.tyvm

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RNG boxes are the devil.

In games I am not invested in, I can deal with the devil.

Unfortunately for my tolerance, I love BnS and would really like to see it succeed without the rage-inducing hellspawn of RNG boxes, especially ones that provide substantial in-game benefits given a high enough volume of purchase. (Please refer to many others' previous posts concerning said benefits.)

People have a right to do as they wish with their money, but I, for one, will completely withhold mine now that the dreaded RNG box has reared its ugly head. I can only recommend that others do the same.

1 hour ago, Vikayu said:

Well, they do not put gamechanging stuff in these boxes.

Neither did SWTOR.

But the way SWTOR and TERA did their gambling boxes, they could make money from two types of players: the gamblers who enjoy opening the boxes, and the non-gamblers who just want to buy exactly what they want.  (Buy cash shop items with real money, sell in the AH for gold, use it to buy gambling box outfits in the AH.)

The way it is in this game, with the outfits not being tradeable, they can only make money from one type of player.

I'm done. Not renewing my Premium once it runs out. If NCSoft changed the way they treat their players (making Premium actually worth a damn like in other regions and having a free wardrobe like in every other region), they don't need to do RNG boxes. Even if they want to, don't put a damn costume behind the boxes. That is a killjoy and I would easily pay $30 for it just to not have it behind an RNG box. I don't want the game to head in this direction. 

I come from games that have died from having RNG boxes. I don't want this one to be one of them. There's so many ways to reward players for having Premium to keep the game afloat and by this thread alone, having these boxes is just putting a sour taste in the mouths of many paying customers, myself included.

With how NCSoft tries to nickle and dime you in this version of B&S, I've gone from playing 13-16 hours to not even logging in anymore. I don't want to get attached to a game that is headed down a slippery slope. Things need to change. People need to understand that right now, it's just a costume locked in there but the next box may have more and more things locked. This isn't fun! DO NOT BUY THESE BOXES. YOU ARE HURTING THE GAME. Just from the straw poll alone in the main post it is very clear people do not want to gamble.

Since costumes aren't account bound and my main class isn't available yet, I was waiting to buy all the costumes. Now, I won't spend a dime on this game anymore until these abominations boxes are gone or if they promise to not lock away cosmetics behind it. They have to reply to all this backslash regarding the box eventually.

I can't speak for anyone but myself but as I stated before, I will easily pay $30 for a costume if it means it won't be locked away behind unhealthy gambling.

35 minutes ago, Succubus said:

but i already see the dumb answer "i'll buy 50 of them" or "as long is not p2w i support the game" and they don't realize that are supporting the crash of the game

I love those people who lie that they are buying rng boxes or anything from the store to "support" the game, you are buying it because it gives you benefits, if the box just said buy this to support the game no items in it , would you still buy it to "support the game"?

I'm actually pro RNG boxes, but they need certain restrictions.

Devilian sold RNG boxes, and people with stolen credit cards etc ended up controlling the material market beacuse of it. 
And made TONS of money/gold out of it.
When the sloth devs finally realised what they did, they put a restriction on the materials making them " Soulbound / Bound to account / character "

If they only would have done that from the get go, there would be 0 problems with the economy.

So Blade & Soul devs, learn your lesson here.
Make the soulstones etc SOULBOUND, or rest in piece. Your game will die out, since it will turn pay 2 win.

I would like to say a little thing about gambling ...

Even if I don't win money in RNG boxes I still invest my money in something RNG like if I'm playing a slot machine in a common gambling site.

In Italy we have AAMS (Amministrazione Autonoma dei Monopoli di Stato) that decides if a gambling site is legal or not and those sites MUST have on theyr home page AAMS logo to state that they can get money for RNG sh*t. I believe every country have theyr "AAMS" (in US there is a gambling law as far as I know) so I really dunno why is so common in online games to put in shop RNG boxes without caring about laws.

1 hour ago, Unskilled banana said:

Ummm... I  don't see that box as p2w since theres nothing you can't also get for free. (except the costume)

Pay 2 Win is simple. 

Ex 1: You buy a ton of boxes, get a ton of soulstones, sell them, get a ton of money, get the best gear.

Ex 2: Goldsellers, use stolen credit cards, buy thousands of boxes, control and crash soulstone market, make infinity amounts of RL cash, while the rest of us suffers.

List can go on.

Pay 2 Win elements doesn't differ beacuse you can get the item for free.
It's that people with alot of money, or stolen credit cards etc. Get an advantage over people who don't want to spend money.

So considering we got no answer from community manager not even in a post with 28 pages of reply what should we do?

We start all spamming new topics called "ANSWER US ABOUT RNG", all empty topic? Just for spam?

We need to be like goldseller to catch up attention?

I can do it all night long i've plenty of time.

Dear NCsoft,

I get it that you have to pay the modellers and artists that work on this costumes, i'm a modeller myself but come on! These boxes are pretty insane. People are hitting hitting 70+ boxes without a drop. You already have the fabric system where people buy costumes just for the sake of transmuting to the ones they want. Why don't you lay off a bit and raise the chance rate. Hell if its good enough people might even get it for fabric salvage.

Idk I just found at first that you guys had a pretty good thought out system of transmuting outfits as an indirect way to generate an income. Since thats the direction you are heading why even start with this horrendously low drop rng boxes? Yes i'm aware all mmos have horridly low drop rates on these things but unlike them you guys already have a system where people spend to salvage outfits for ones they want. And thats just being thrown away. I know this probably won't ever get read but if you do it be great if you guys at least raise the chances of these boxes or put it into transmutation. It be good while during this maint perhaps this is something that could be worked on. I've lost money, people have lost even more but i believe in good faith if you turn this around or so that we still won't lose faith.

1 minute ago, ave4 said:

hey, im a new player just looking around the forum when the server is down. I have a question why is everyone so mad at rng boxes? How can the game be p2w if everyone is the same in pvp arena anyway?

The game is more then just Arena, dumbest post ever.

2 minutes ago, Sphynxi said:

The game is more then just Arena, dumbest post ever.

Thats why i said im new lol. Thats why im asking because i wanna know whats that "more". Also, I dont think you are very smart when you are calling other people dumb :))

Was really happy at launch to see no RNG boxes in the shop. I have no problem paying about $10 for a costume and knowing what I'm getting, that's fine. If I want it, I'll spend it. The gambling mechanic of RNG boxes bothers me however, and I'm not willing to just throw money at it continuously hoping I get something only for it to all end in disappointment. The RNG never works in my favor and I'm not about to waste money on that ever again.

They can make just as much money with their transmutation system, I'm upset because it seems that it was the system they decided upon and I believe it was a fair an interesting concept. That being said it makes no sense for them to do this route, its horribly inconsistent and indecisive of their management.

I do agree with the definition of dumbest post, but i agree that itì's not cool call dumb someone, But i underline that Sphynxi called duymb the post, not the poster, so you are safe from dumb zone, but your post is not, i'm sorry. Your post has been dumbzoned xD

1 minute ago, Trinitite said:

Was really happy at launch to see no RNG boxes in the shop. I have no problem paying about $10 for a costume and knowing what I'm getting, that's fine. If I want it, I'll spend it. The gambling mechanic of RNG boxes bothers me however, and I'm not willing to just throw money at it continuously hoping I get something only for it to all end in disappointment. The RNG never works in my favor and I'm not about to waste money on that ever again.

i'm fine even to pay 50 usd each costume, but i do wan't to know what i purchase with my money, no purchase with eyes closed

Archived