New RNG Box in Shop!

skyy

Why are there RNG boxes on the cash shop?

I distinctly remember NCSoft promising that there would be no chance of RNG boxes at all in the shop. This was covered multiple times over streams, reddit posts, and distributor replies to fans before the release of the game.

Now I see cash shop RNG boxes.

If NCSoft is going to blatantly lie this much to customers, maybe the customers are better off not giving them the time of day.

The problem I have with RNG boxes is that it is a blatant money grab, after and on top of all the other extremely blatant money grabs you guys have been forcing down our throats. If you want to unlock your full inventory for a character, that's $93. That is already outrageously priced, but now you are inputting RNG boxes so you can grab at the wallets of even more idiots.

We are generally already unhappy with the way you are running not only the F2P model, but the premium model, and now you go and place RNG boxes on the cash shop. You are driving what was going to be a great game, straight into the ground with your extremely greedy ways.

Unlike most people, I have the patience to not let this go and to return to this topic repeatedly on every media outlet until you respond.

I will gladly go out and find every spot where you (NCSoft) promised not to input RNG boxes to the fans of the game.

And this isn't even coming from someone who refuses to buy stuff from you like many players are doing because of the cash grabs. I have bought things. I have bought a LOT of things. I'm willing to spend my money on straight costume purchases, but not RNG boxes that you promised you wouldn't even put into the game. And now that I've seen the RNG boxes, I've made the decision to not spend any more money from this point onward until the RNG boxes are gone.

With all the cash grabs you are making at the players currently, there is no good reason to input RNG boxes. We all know that you are making d*mn good profits off us already. Placing RNG boxes just makes you liars, a*sholes, and a completely untrustworthy company. Not that you were worth the trust in the first place if NCSoft history has anything to say about it.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They also said no censor or changing the story but we ended up with a censored inner wear, stories and bad dubbing. Maybe they just mixed up the world "promise" with "lie".

I am somewhat upset not because theres RNG, I've brought plenty of them in Taiwan Server, but the main problem is they made a promise then failed to deliver.

2 minutes ago, SwiftStylus said:

Unlike most people, I have the patience to not let this go and to return to this topic repeatedly on every media outlet until you respond.

But why spend the effort to write a wall of text when the previous 3 threads did the same; you could just use what I quoted. 

2 minutes ago, Lemonaide said:

But why spend the effort to write a wall of text when the previous 3 threads did the same; you could just use what I quoted. 

Because I didn't read past all the korean spammer threads to find them, and I don't intend to. Instead I'll just turn this into a version of the Korean spammer threads and place it on every outlet of their social media until they reply. I have the time, and resources to ensure it happens too.

Besides, the more threads there are on the topic, the less likely it is to be buried under other topics that are less relevant to the progression and livelihood of the game and it's cash shop/health in future terms.

As someone who is Rank 8 almost Rank 9 in Premium, I must say I am disappointed with this approach. I feel now that NCSoft has that new MOBA coming out, they aren't giving the game it's full attention and potential... I will continue to play for the community and because I love my members (Over 400 clan members) and I love the game in general, but this RNG system? I detest it. 

"Oh hey a costume, you can't get it anywhere else but let me tell you something though! If you spend 2 dollars you can get it, but here's the catch the drop rate is low! :D Now with that in mind you can keep trying, and you'll be able to get it, WHOO! *400 dollars later* Oh still didn't get it? I'm so sorry :( Try again it's fine, you'll get it next time, I promise!" - NCSoft

If this is the case now, I can only imagine how bad it's going to be with Sparkling Wings, Adornments, etc. It's 100% supporting gambling. It's getting as bad as TERA with it's RNG Box system..

I know I am only one voice, one opinion and one fan that can be disregarded. But here I am, hoping to the stars that RNG Boxes will be removed immediately. I would buy all the items in the box in the Cash Shop without any RNG BS. It sucks, but this is my own thoughts. I hope that the system is removed and we can just move forward with a fun game! :) 

3 minutes ago, Enhance said:

While I love seeing the strawpoll results say that, I still think they need to publicly say something on the topic, and I don't intend to let this one go like I have almost every other cash grab. RNG boxes are my line in the sand if you will.

There is literally no reason for them to exist. We are already being gouged enough by NCSoft as it stands and they should be held accountable for the blatant lies they are spewing. We are the equivalent of parents+allowance money to children (NCSoft) and there is absolutely no way you reward your child for lying to you.

I distinctly remember NCSoft promising not to do RNG boxes at all in their cash shop, yet here we are with an RNG cash shop box with an outfit in it no less. And the fact that people are even thinking of buying it after being promised not to have it just so that they can get that one costume makes my cry.

I love this game. I am a rank 7 premium member with several costumes and a nearly fully unlocked inventory on one of my characters. I spend money on the game, so much that I ended up hitting the limit for Ncoin.

I refuse to spend another dime until RNG boxes are off the cash shop. If the company is going to lie to my face like this, they aren't worth the time of day. I can play black desert or another game and pretend they don't exist. It isn't like NCSoft is starving for money. They are already gouging out wallets as it stands. 

DO NOT BUY THESE BOXES UNLESS YOU WISH TO SEE MORE COSTUMES AND SUCH HIDDEN BEHIND AN RNG WALL THAT COULD COST YOU ANYWHERE FROM $2, IF YOU ARE LUCKY, WHICH MOST PEOPLE AREN'T, UP TO AN INFINTE COST BECAUSE FREAKING RNG.

IF YOU WANT TO BE ABLE TO BUY YOUR COSTUMES OUTRIGHT AND FOR A SET PRICE WITHOUT GOUGING YOUR WALLET ONLY TO NOT GET THE ITEM YOU WANTED, DO NOT BUY THOSE BOXES! IF YOU WANT TO WASTE YOUR MONEY THERE ARE OTHER OPTIONS IN THE GAME AND OUT OF IT, BUT DO NOT BUY THOSE BOXES FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! THEIR DROPRATE ON THE OUTFIT IS ABYSMAL ANYWAY!

I don't know about you people, but I hold others to their word, and that includes companies. I was promised that there would be no such thing as an RNG box in the NA/EU Blade and Soul cash shop, yet here they are, so with that said, I refuse to ever spend another dime unless the issue is resolved. And by resolved I mean RNG boxes are removed, forever.

Unfortunately, we're the extreme vocal minority. Response towards the RNG box has been overwhelmingly positive. NCSoft will see this as a success, regardless of any promises it made in the past (like when they actually said on Stream that they would never use RNG boxes). Everyone looking forward to the Valentine's Day outfits should prepare for the worst.

2 minutes ago, Anjon said:

Unfortunately, we're the extreme vocal minority. Response towards the RNG box has been overwhelmingly positive. NCSoft will see this as a success, regardless of any promises it made in the past (like when they actually said on Stream that they would never use RNG boxes). Everyone looking forward to the Valentine's Day outfits should prepare for the worst.

Keep spamming their social media and other places with evidence that they shouldn't even have it in the game. Call them liars and scam artists until you get what you want. I'm fed up and so should you be.

1 minute ago, SwiftStylus said:

I can say that I'd be closing that door in RNG's face. I'm tired of the bullshit and this is my line in the sand.

I have too. Sadly I think most people have already let it in or are happy to embrace it. Most people are easy to accept complacency and just say "that's just how it is."

To bad for NCsoft, you lost a costumer. I can accept grinding ingame stuff with my time, but i will NOT grind randomcrap with my money. I am sure you do not care, but i will use up my last NCoins and my premiumdays and byebye, no more access to my wallet. If you come up with a nice story update i may look into it, because well... f2p :)

32 minutes ago, SwiftStylus said:

While I love seeing the strawpoll results say that, I still think they need to publicly say something on the topic, and I don't intend to let this one go like I have almost every other cash grab. RNG boxes are my line in the sand if you will.

There is literally no reason for them to exist. We are already being gouged enough by NCSoft as it stands and they should be held accountable for the blatant lies they are spewing. We are the equivalent of parents+allowance money to children (NCSoft) and there is absolutely no way you reward your child for lying to you.

I am with you guys on this. These boxes are unacceptable when they said they weren't going to. At this rate, it's going to be a matter of time before this game turns into an all in cash grab and probably end up just like archeage. I love the game and I definitely don't want to see it ruined. There's already a few posts on reddit with a lot of comments on it and hopefully NCSOFT will say something about this.

Only good RNG was in SWTOR after they rebooted it numerous times. You got like 4-6 items from a supply crate and it cost literally nothing. You're guaranteed something usable. At least a costume or a mount, some side goodies to make it go down easier. The problem with this game doing RNG is that there isn't enough costumes or content to make up for it.  SWTOR is literally adding at least six costumes a month,

My advice to the NCSoft is gut the useless potions and items that can be obtained from dailies and general play. Add a variety of clothes, dyes and nick knacks. I also recommend eventually adding housing, and unique furniture to be included in that mix.

My issue with these are more that give a huge advantage to people that could buy thousands of these boxes.

You can get following:

Upgrade Gems

Keys

Soulstones

The soulstones are the biggest issue; they will decline in selling price, taking away a source of income over time.

They also speed up progress on weapon upgrading, guild level, etc.

Weapon upgrades are, with the Cold Iron Offering Weapon, not that much of an issue as of right now.

Meaning the rich can get the upgrades and guild level advantage over the poor/medium social class by just throwing their cash at RNG. This is not okay and a method used by f2p mobile companies.

3 minutes ago, AmaliaIronheart said:

My issue with these are more that give a huge advantage to people that could buy thousands of these boxes.

You can get following:

Upgrade Gems

Keys

Soulstones

The soulstones are the biggest issue; they will decline in selling price, taking away a source of income over time.

They also speed up progress on weapon upgrading, guild level, etc.

Weapon upgrades are, with the Cold Iron Offering Weapon, not that much of an issue as of right now.

Meaning the rich can get the upgrades and guild level advantage over the poor/medium social class by just throwing their cash at RNG. This is not okay and a method used by f2p mobile companies.

I agree if a game wishes to not kill it's community and ruin it's economy it has to learn to tweak these exact things.

1 hour ago, SwiftStylus said:

Why are there RNG boxes on the cash shop?

I distinctly remember NCSoft promising that there would be no chance of RNG boxes at all in the shop. This was covered multiple times over streams, reddit posts, and distributor replies to fans before the release of the game.

Now I see cash shop RNG boxes.

If NCSoft is going to blatantly lie this much to customers, maybe the customers are better off not giving them the time of day.

And that's why nowadays it's wise to wait before becoming invested into a game. Someone here reminds the "no archeum in RNG boxes" promise?

Anyway I thank NCSoft because it helped making up my mind.

Honestly I really wanted to devote some of my free time to a good mmorpg. I honestly enjoy blade and soul but the company behind it here in NA/EU is *cricket* pathetic. I'ts like they are actively trying to make the game go under. 

5e7283b85d.jpg

Archived