Forums

New RNG Box in Shop!

skyy

Just now, Malvolio said:

This is the reason they do it complete morons that will spend truckloads of money to feel special. 

This is salt if I've ever tasted it. Have you ever been to real life, where people spend tons of money on brand/useless things to feel special?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't knkow I see where everyone is coming from with this being opposed to but also at the time its was kinda nice cause I had some ncoin left that I didn't know what to spend it on and so I got a couple box's I even got the padded coat but yea these kind of things can ruin a game very quickly

I feel if there gonna have these then they gotta make everything u get in the boxes sellable on AH so that anyone can use in game gold to buy the stuff

1 minute ago, Lurkios said:

Okay?

As in it's no concern of mine whether or not it's "good" for the community. The efforts to start a crusade against this "injustice" for purposes any other than the fact that one either cannot or doesn't like the outfit enough to roll for them is silly. I don't need to pretend to be buying the RNG boxes because it's "good" for the community. I'll buy them because I enjoy the costume inside.

RNG boxes are fine if you dont *cricket* up the economy by giving us very valueable items such as transformation stones.. and if there is an option to buy the costume from HS so we can decide whether we want to gamble for a costume or not. 2€ for a RNG box or 30€ for a costume. I'll definitely buy the costume just so I have it and so will the majority of ppl who actually want it.

4 minutes ago, Malvolio said:

This is the reason they do it complete morons that will spend truckloads of money to feel special. I miss the days where you saw a set of armor or mount and you asked where did you get that? and the response was something in the game not "Spent $200"

Some people can afford to feel special. Pretty sure that's how most luxury brands work.

1 minute ago, Enhance said:

This is salt if I've ever tasted it. Have you ever been to real life, where people spend tons of money on brand/useless things to feel special?

Yep been to real life as a government contractor and enjoy wasting money on my needlessly expensive car. A car 1/3 the price would get me to work too but I enjoy it. The reason I can afford it is because I did not throw money away gambling for a chance to buy the car I just bought it for a set price. I also enjoy digital games which give me hours of entertainment on the cheap and to this day have never bought a lottery box and I played rift which has a metric ton of them. The difference between someone who buys useless trivial items for a set price vs someone who pays for a chance at it is one is an idiot the other is not.

Just now, SerialCaTFeeler said:

You don't seem to understand that people who buy stuff from the cash shop , help the company to give paychecks to their staff .

Yea cause us that don't like this don't have the founder title or extra class slots or a subscription or store outfits...

Just now, Shmyules said:

I've seen many games destroyed by P2W and cash grabs. RNG boxes are usually the first horseman of the apocalypse. 

Yep, it's sad to see that here. When I saw the news when I logged today was like a stab in the back. Sad times, sad times.

1 minute ago, Malvolio said:

Yep been to real life as a government contractor and enjoy wasting money on my needlessly expensive car. A car 1/3 the price would get me to work too but I enjoy it. The reason I can afford it is because I did not throw money away gambling for a chance to buy the car I just bought it for a set price. I also enjoy digital games which give me hours of entertainment on the cheap and to this day have never bought a lottery box and I played rift which has a metric ton of them. The difference between someone who buys useless trivial items for a set price vs someone who pays for a chance at it is one is an idiot the other is not.

So I apparently enjoy nice cars AND wasting money on games and gambling. I'm supporting the real life economy by putting money back in. Thanks for the financial tips though, really appreciate it.

3 minutes ago, SerialCaTFeeler said:

You don't seem to understand that people who buy stuff from the cash shop , help the company to give paychecks to their staff .

I'm also one of those people, but they get my money for things like premium-membership, costumes, dragon pouches and the likes. Why don't they just put the complete maxed out gear with best gems on the cash shop. You get the point? 

1 minute ago, Malvolio said:

You get an enjoyment out of wasting money on a needlessly expensive car.

Others get enjoyment out of wasting money on gambling.

Others from wasting money on alcohol.

All of it is wasting money. What say do you have in what brings people enjoyment? Quite hypocritical of you.

Just now, tinkerchel said:

I'm also one of those people, but they get my money for things like premium-membership, costumes, dragon pouches and the likes. Why don't they just put the complete maxed out gear with best gems on the cash shop. You get the point? 

I would love to see these in the cash shop , so I don't have to grind for pointless stuff like PVE gear anymore .

Good idea .

31 minutes ago, Bellezza said:

Capitalism and salt mining aside, despite how frustrating it is for stuff to be stuck behind an RNG walls at times, there can be positives from this too. If the boxes does well, it can act as incentives for NCsoft to work on new outfits and other cosmetics. Silver lining?

Since those additional outfits/cosmetics will probably also be in RNG boxes.  No.

I've been a big spender in many online games.   I have never, and will never, buy Gotchas.

Oh.  And P.S.  I don't care one whit how "exclusive" an outfit is.  I don't feel the need to be an elitist prick.  If I like an outfit, I'll buy it if I feel it's worth the price.  In some games, that's a lot of stuff.  In others, it's nothing.

Archived