Forums

New RNG Box in Shop!

skyy

3 minutes ago, Lunaus said:

What'd you do buy 1yrs worth of prem and the $100 pack?

Bought every costume in the game for one character and a few costumes on my other character, maxed out inventory on both, bought all of my keys to skip RNG box ridiculousness, 2 years of premium, etc etc

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RNG boxes are usually never ever worth it. the only RNG boxes that I could palate where the ones available on dota 2 since once you got a item, it would mark it off making you not be able to get the same thing again until you had gotten everything. I know with these items in the chest some you many want more of, but frankly chests like these have 70% junk and 30% barely worthwhile do to high number of items in the box. 

Depending on the droprate in these boxes I may or may not just walk away from this already disappointing version of BnS.

People are still gonna drop hundreds of $$$$$$$$ on this shit. I hope it doesn't *cricket* the economy.

Just now, Shoshin said:

Bought every costume in the game for one character and a few costumes on my other character, maxed out inventory on both, bought all of my keys to skip RNG box ridiculousness, 2 years of premium, etc etc

I'm ask these as serious questions btw, I'll PM you to not derail the thread.

4 minutes ago, GnatB said:

That said, I have seen "decent" boxes.  Where they're flipped on their head.  The "cool" item is guaranteed, (say, the coat) and it's the consumables (say, everything else) that are the bonus random item(s).

That idea is great, some other gatcha system I know are costume boxes which contains chance of 2 to 4 good costumes and at least 10 of the generic one or accessories, the worst you can get is consumables, and the box were tradeable. This one is not really appealing since the lack of costumes in the box.

Lol remember when people were defending the wardrobe being locked behind premium even though it was free on other regions because nc didnt add rng boxes?  Officially most cash grab server now lol Just when I was gonna buy Ncoin too. Oh well. 

Screw them for doing this. I hate RNG boxes. It's a cheap, shoddy monetization practice. I'll throw cash at a game all day long for useful/cosmetic things sold outright without any RNG stupidity. But I'll never, every buy a random chest and will have nothing but bad will towards a company who hides desirable costumes (or gear of any kind) in random loot chests sold for cash.

Just now, archer said:

+1 to the "we wont do it but in the end we did it" list

This is starting to be a really disappointing trend with NCSoft, I'm starting to believe they're willing to tank B&S just to get as much money as possible short term.

Personally I wish things that say they're salvageable and costumes were tradeable. What's the point of having an Outfit section in the marketplace if we can't use it? I think they should revert everything to how it was originally whether that was in Alpha/Beta or how it is in other regions to an extent.

i have to admit I don't like this option myself as it locks costumes behind a low percentage therefore HIGH cost (and costumes are only for ONE character)

Kind of like the silver dragon for the year membership BUT as far as I know it is only for a single character

Dear NCSOFT,

Despite the outcry's of people asking you to not put costumes in rng boxes and that they would pay a HIGH price for certain costumes... you still put it in an RNG box. You cannot tell me you guys aren't making money because your costumes, again despite the outcries of your 15-20 dollar costume price needed to be lowered you did it anyway, that's okay i get it better than an RNG box. But here we are with you putting a costume in an rng box when we asked you not to. I have lost respect for you as a company for doing so you are no better than TERA, PWE games, and NEXON NA by making this move. What a joy it would have been for y'all to go against the norm and just put the darn costume in cash shop for let's say 30 dollars. Why? KR blade and soul had swimsuits available for almost 50 dollars and they sold VERY WELL... they were EVERYWHERE despite the high price(I bought them also for multiple characters). No one wants to deal with an RNG box that could bless someone with an outfit for 3 dollars but then not bless someone with an outfit after spending HUNDREDS of dollars on RNG boxes... it's just not right! Honestly you're robbing yourselves as a company of a large amount of income by not putting it in cash shop for a high price, people will buy it you know it and i know it.  

Dear Players,

I know I'm late idk when they patched these boxes in... BUT DON'T BUY THEM, MONEY TALKS!!! Companies revolve around money, if people don't buy that means they don't like the option they are give and the company WILL switch to something else. BUT ONLY if it does not sell... I remember this happening to TERA long ago we had a chance to stop the RNG boxes and we didn't and look at TERA now just go look for yourself rng box wonderland. THINK BEFORE YOU BUY GUYS, there are plenty of other outfits to buy. Demand to be heard with your wallets and demand the respect you rightfully deserve. Y'all have supported ncsoft from the first announcement with buying founder packs, buying 1 year premium off the bat, buying costumes, and paying premium! You guys deserve better and i know i deserve better and I won't buy a single rng box.

P.S please don't come in with get your money up etc and you can afford to take chance on boxes. I HAVE money I've spent over 300+ dollars already. Money is not a problem for me and never will be. I'm making this post because it's not right to force people into a lottery for costumes they like it's not right MORALLY. 

Just now, Syko said:

Considering there are so few items in shop you can sell in TH this box is definitely worth it.

Nice troll.  Also, crafting materials should NEVER be in an RNG box.  Anything that tampers with the economy should always be avoided.

I am definitely not buying RNG boxes for the sake of that costume, completely agree with you. I am SO dissapointed in NCsoft for doing this, I would literally pay if it was $30 for that costume on 3 of my characters. NCsoft you've already taken $90 dollars because of that sweet costume IF IT WASN'T RNG. But I am not spending hundreds of dollars based on RNG. No way.

Community complains about wardrobe not being account accessible, prices being too high. Response: release rng box

I would like to know what NC Soft's opinion on the matter is. Are they still streaming and answering questions about community concerns or was that just a show to put on for the release of BnS?

Welp rip bns. I'm sad the gave in to the rng box trend for Western I'm furious they have taken to putting shit like moonwater stones in the box. That's just a blatant greedy borderline p2w cash grab.

FFS NCSOFT if your gonna put rng boxes, at least limit it to ONLY cash shop items. This is giving my horrible memories of AA.

I really, really hate RNG Boxes for a bunch of various reasons. This is the stuff Nexon does. To protest against this, I will not be buying any of them. Hopefully other people won't purchase them either, and NCSoft will remove these current ones and never implement them again in the future.  (Too much wishful thinking though)

Just now, Cetra said:

Nice troll.  Also, crafting materials should NEVER be in an RNG box.  Anything that tampers with the economy should always be avoided.

From 3 boxes I got:

6x soulstones

2x Element of Luck

1x Lucky Jewel

7x Unsealing Charm

3x Key

3x Lucky Healing Tonic

I'm pretty sure that's a lot more than what I'd ever get from trying to sell items.

Archived