skyy

New RNG Box in Shop!

Enhance   
3 minutes ago, AnotherEli said:

22 keys, 16 charms, 12 Naryu coins, 1 infernal horn, 1 inv expansion box, 1 moonwater key, 19 soulstones, 2 element of luck, 1 lucky jewel.

Pretty RNG as expected. Someone on faction got their coat with 6 figured I would too, big ol' nope train. Good luck.

Hey I didn't get a coat from 142 boxes. But I got a buncha other useful stuff so I'm not even mad.

Yuma   

People were being vocal about wanting this throughout beta to launch.

Now that it's here the people that stayed quiet are complaining. 

I'm indifferent about this, but i find these post amusing.

As long as you're happy. I was thinking if I didn't get the coat i'd maybe get at least one moonwater xform stone but no luck. I wish the big pack came with the coat but meh.

Rhazes   

$50 on boxes to get a $20 costume, you must be very lucky. It would take me at least $200 in boxes which Is why I don't play that crap.

Yulei   
5 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Hey I didn't get a coat from 142 boxes. But I got a buncha other useful stuff so I'm not even mad.

ur just lying to urself by thinking that, but you wasted your money and didn't get what you wanted. gg.

1 minute ago, Yulei said:

ur just lying to urself by thinking that, but you wasted your money and didn't get what you wanted. gg.

He's clearly got expendable income. Don't be salty because you can't afford to enjoy your time online.

Enhance   
1 minute ago, Yulei said:

I'm actually serious. I have no hard feelings about it whatsoever. I don't know why you'd think otherwise (I got 300 unsealing charms and 100 gold yo)

teliks   
3 minutes ago, Arcalas said:

Bash me or not but some of u dont get business.

If they sell that outfit on the store as is they will lose money over having u buy rng boxes.  Its not greed its business.  Numbers show that rng boxes push out more money than selling the item out front.  Think of your favorite place to eat.  Now order something u havent had.   Next least say u Dont pay of it.   Now lets say everyone doenst pay for any of the food in the place.  What happens.  NO MONEY NO FOOD.  Now put that into the game.  NO MONEY NO GAME.  What game runs off of no source of money flow?   

Now i dont want to do this but those of u who started playing this game for the name of the game the history of the game and whatever of the game u should continue doing so but if u are letting this rng box smashcrash get to u then u really dont like this game.  The game is a f2p game.  The key to it is f2p.  It comes with many f2p elements of getting income so it can keep running.  In beta they only pushed getting a founders pack to get in beta, not once did they truly push getting premium during beta and they never really pushed the store in the beta either.  Know what forget about it.  Some of u will get and and some wont and some will get it and still complain.  Ill buy stuff off the store but im not going to complain when something is on it that i cant get cuz its behind an rng box.  If u dont want rng boxes go play a game that doesnt have them like WoW but then u have to pay each month and deal with the crap thats in it.  Shoot go play Swtor if u really want something thats bull. shoot that game is rng and then some.  Just leave since u dont understand the business thats f2p.

Now i wait for the hate and the pokes at how bad i am in other crap.  Then they wonder why Blizzard was even thinking about making WoW f2p.

I understand on what you're saying that 'this should be expected' after all seeing on their initial marketing strategy that disguise premium early access/demo as a 'beta test' and of what happened during the actual launch where f2p strategy actually started. I wondered how come people didn't take a hint of what to come. Then again, there's always the defense of 'but you can play it for free'  to wash every complaint away.

I've seen worse, to be honest this is not even half bad for a f2p model, it's just that there are alternatives out there that has better offer for the same price (money and time). But considering at this time they had a million players, even losing half of them non-subscribers would not matter much to their income (and even better by relieving their servers load). Like you said, it all comes down to business.

Korene   

omg people are buying 100s of dollars worth of rng for the costume LOL. Thanks for dooming us... dooming us to be the land of RNG boxes. *_* well as long as they put the ugly costumes in the rng box i will be okay LOL.

Yulei   
3 minutes ago, AnotherEli said:

He's clearly got expendable income. Don't be salty because you can't afford to enjoy your time online.

More like I don't like to gamble because I don't like the odds of 1% to get an outfit and I'm a person that likes to get what I'm paying for.

Edited by Yulei

I would have brought this if this was out when Moonwater Transformation stone was worth 15g but now nothing in the box even pique my interest.

Shit in there don't even worth a day of daily.

Also the max  amount is 3 soul stone is B.S since there are boxes in CN, TW, KR that drops over 100 soul stone in one box.

Green Healing Tonic is worthless, Keys are only worth 2 silver, Elements are useless since we can just use offering, Watermoon Stone is worth even leses than before. Coat is the only thing that people are interested in the coat which is not even worth having a "chance" at getting.

Edited by Darkshana

4 minutes ago, Korene said:

omg people are buying 100s of dollars worth of rng for the costume LOL. Thanks for dooming us... dooming us to be the land of RNG boxes. *_* well as long as they put the ugly costumes in the rng box i will be okay LOL.

People buy stuff cuz they can afford it , just saying :D

Qondar   
5 minutes ago, Rhazes said:

It would take me at least $200 in boxes which Is why I don't play that crap.

I'm sure it would take me $500.  At LEAST.  So...yeah, not worth it.

12 minutes ago, MrDraco said:

i really want the fkn costume 

If you really want the costume, then gambling boxes are not for you.  They're for people who just find it fun to open them and see what they get, but aren't after anything in particular.

Meerkat   

"If you purchase cash shop RNG boxes, you are supporting terrorism."  - Kanye West

But seriously, you, the player, should expect respect.  Your time is valuable; you can spend that time playing any other game you want.  Developers and publishers must respect that fact.  Letting shit eating asshats push you around and disrespect you with this kind of RNG cash grab is unacceptable.  They are trying to leave you with a steaming pile of shit.  Throw it back in their faces.

Edited by Meerkat

MouseOne   

Not gonna buy it, not going to gamble my money on a costume. If you buy, you are supporting it, which means that there will be more RNG boxes with a costume in it instead of a costume in the shop for a set price.

Lily   

guys this is the star of RNG boxes, the more people will buy the more NCSoft will introduce them to the shop, which in near future they may make every single new outfit in rng box

WarBaby2   
2 minutes ago, SerialCaTFeeler said:

Plus: They'll drown the market in soul stones, moonwater transformation stones, and everything else people have been making money of up until now - GG NC, you killed your ingame economy, GG indeed.

Edited by WarBaby2

Korene   
3 minutes ago, SerialCaTFeeler said:

Nah not always the truth I have plenty of money :D but I don't participate in gambling, why when i can spend all my money on forever 21 an actually get something. :3 Just saying most people who buy rng boxes have 5 tops and 3 pairs of jeans in their closet lel.

Zarec   

Nope..its junk....40 bucks lost and all i'll ever spend on RNG boxes in this game.  Have spent 5k on boxes in tera and will never do that again.

Ncsoft West is really pushing their luck with the crap they can pull. In addition to the fact the box is RNG, its contents are practically worthless.

Boycott this kind of crap or Ncsoft will keep pushing the RNG box.

RNG boxes are really for people who would spent huge amount of money. I know I spent 600 dollar in RNG on PSO2 200 on Blade and Soul TaiWan. Chinese Server over charged for their stuff but there is no RNG for costumes other than the fabric transmute.

Edited by Darkshana

Yulei   
3 minutes ago, Lily said:

guys this is the star of RNG boxes, the more people will buy the more NCSoft will introduce them to the shop, which in near future they may make every single new outfit in rng box

RNG boxes for weapons skins, I called it :3

ugh, thank you whales >.>

4 minutes ago, Korene said:

Nah not always the truth I have plenty of money :D but I don't participate in gambling, why when i can spend all my money on forever 21 an actually get something. :3 Just saying most people who buy rng boxes have 5 tops and 3 pairs of jeans in their closet lel.

hatxj6l.gif

he got money guize