New RNG Box in Shop!

skyy

Just now, Myleina said:

LOL.... Again and again and again... People are crying for no reason...

I've spent over 150$ in tera on RNG boxes without getting a single costume just as I've spent 5$ and got 2. RNG is RNG, you guys are so full of shit. There's probably someone out there very happy cause they got Black padded coat on 1st try.

Same with Awakening in Tera. Can spend 1mill and be +13, can spend 20k and be +15. Stop crying and deal with it, just quit already you bunch of whiners.

62594777.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Myleina said:

I've spent over 150$ in tera on RNG boxes without getting a single costume just as I've spent 5$ and got 2. RNG is RNG, you guys are so full of shit. There's probably someone out there very happy cause they got Black padded coat on 1st try.

Same with Awakening in Tera. Can spend 1mill and be +13, can spend 20k and be +15. Stop crying and deal with it, just quit already you bunch of whiners.

When I say that I mean that was the random rate that every ppl was using to get a costume, ikr you can be lucky or not. Still, that's bullshit anyway.

The problem is, there are people with gambling addiction that will blow hundreds of dollars on these random boxes, which more than makes up for all the people, like me, that despise random boxes. It is like email spam.  If only one in 10000 people pay, that is still a profitable venture.

I get random enough with loot drops and these wheel of fate, which are actually not so bad.  Instead of a mob randomly dropping a coveted item that everyone fights over, everyone gets a spin on the wheel.  So instead of once chance per group, it is once chance, or more, per player. 

But if I deal in cash shop, then I don't want to deal with random crap.  But there are players here, that were begging for random boxes in the cash shop, so they got what they wanted. 

All in all, I'm fine with some random, but I definitely don't want a majority of the items to be random.

Just don't make cash shop items rental. 

7 minutes ago, Myleina said:

Wipe the shiat off your nose, idiots like you are the reason why companies do this. I think the only thing worse than whining about trivial problems (this is not one of them by the way, where you put countless amounts of economy affecting materials into the hands of the very rich who can brute force the RNG) are oblivious braindead fanboys who shout first and think later.

1 minute ago, Thoron said:

Guys I think we should make a twitter campaign. The negative attention will essentially force a response. 

If you start it ill follow it... this subject needs to be pushed and quickly before things get out of hand. This needs to be given some public attention.

20 minutes ago, Kiaris said:

Ha, so much butthurt over nothing.

The rewards from the boxes suck.   I have 2 characters and get 38 SoulStones a day, soon to be 57.  *Takes min 15-20min to do all 19 stones per character*

I have 18 Moonwater Transformation stones setting in my bank  (play with 3 people, and we craft together and get 5x Moonwater stones every 2 days each)

This is not even close to P2W, bunch of idiots if you think so.. Nothing in these boxes are worth the price..  You can get 15-20 or so gold a day per character doing Daily quests.

Guy above got like 6 soulstones ?  Thats less than 2 gold

Moonwater stones are only 6g each...

(At least on Mushin)   

Please realize.. these prices will tank even more to nothing when you get Soulstones from the beans.      Korea Server, last i heard it was 5 silver per soulstone.

TBH these boxes are just a RNG chance for a rare costume, and some random crap.. nothing more..... Totally.. end of the world..... right....

15 minutes ago, Myleina said:

Oh look what a surprise it is that you two badasses have attitude that coincide with one another, pure cancer at its worse.

17 minutes ago, Machder said:

I like this game, and I'm willing to show economic maturity to this company.  I will buy some NC Coin to show support, but not buy the boxes.  That sends a more powerful message.  Buying nothing can backfire adversely. We want to show them that we don't want the gatchapons, not the entire hongmoon store.

Agreed we need to continue make purchases towards non rng boxes and shun the rng boxes altogether they look at numbers. Show them that we like straight out purchases better!

29 minutes ago, Hidaru said:

fa4ZXTM.png

wow i dont know about you guys but this is ugly... the bottom part ruined it for me ~.~ Ripped Jeans!?? more like a RIP OFF if you ask me :)) put something like Fragrance of life or Highborn in RNG boxes then we'll talk ncsoft hehe xD

Just now, Meirideth said:

wow i dont know about you guys but this is ugly... the bottom part ruined it for me ~.~ Ripped Jeans!?? more like a RIP OFF if you ask me :)) put something like Fragrance of life or Highborn in RNG boxes then we'll talk ncsoft hehe xD

Theyre already in rng boxes locked behind more rng xD and unless youre buying fabric with gold, you gotta buy cash shop outfits to salvage lol. 

2 minutes ago, Meirideth said:

How about we just do buy out purchases in general !!! LOL let's push for that no RNG BOX COSTUMES!

Not again. People want everything or for free or cheap. Get your a job already. And yes this is only the beginning, wait few months and u will get legendary stuff in shop. Dont believe me? Go check Lineage 2 and Aion. They are too free to play LOL.

10 minutes ago, Korene said:

If you start it ill follow it... this subject needs to be pushed and quickly before things get out of hand. This needs to be given some public attention.

Check out @glenniues's Tweet:

Done. Let's not stand for this guy's.  Tagged ur friends/streamers and let's get this out. 

2 minutes ago, Infraction said:

Will this generate enough income to pay for fixing the tooltips with vague or just incorrect translations?

I wouldn't hold your breathe, it's like playing russian roulette if you want to use your razer products right now.  But hey, we got time to put boxes in the cash shop.

3 minutes ago, Myleina said:

Why are you so butthurt. It's not our fault if you're too poor.

Too poor?  I've spent near 400$ on the game already lol.  By your logic because I'm not mindless about the way I spent money, I must be poor.  Wealthy people don't get that way by being wasteful, and that's why you'll never understand that concept.  At best, you use your mommys credit card and that's why cash shop prices don't matter to you.  You deserve a golf clap for your failure to troll.

That's a douchy thing to do. What this does, it gives the company more income due to the gambling factor this item creates (but if i try a few more times i maybe get...). And the good thing, making the other items on the list more affordable for non-pay to play players on the market.

A better solution: Release a supply box with rng loot in it to stimulate the marketplace and release the Outift separate like every other outfit in the shop.

A better solution with rng: put 2 or 3 more outfits into the box and get rid of all the other "crap" so you get atleast 1 guaranteed outfit from that purchase.

Just now, Cetra said:

Too poor?  I've spent near 400$ on the game already lol.  By your logic because I'm not mindless about the way I spent money, I must be poor.  Wealthy people don't get that way by being wasteful, and that's why you'll never understand that concept.  At best, you use your mommys credit card and that's why cash shop prices don't matter to you.

Sorry I use my own credit card with my own money, which I have enough to not care about what I spend it on nor the prices, so on that part you're right.

The funny thing is just. They release an expensive costume of over $20, there'll be shitload of thread crying. They release RNG box, shitload of QQ. You guys are never happy, so what's the point for them to even listen to you?

1 hour ago, duber said:

Exactly.  The best way to protest is to not buy the boxes.  It's the same philosophy as with the gold spammers, which is to say that dirty business tactics would not be deployed unless they were profitable.  People talk bad about gold sellers, but those guys are clearly in a thriving business, especially in a game where getting gear heavily depends on how much money you have.  People talk smack about RNG boxes, but there are probably more people that don't mind tossing money after those things, otherwise these companies would not do it.

I doubt NC will care, to be honest... take a look at all the other Korean ports that came in the last couple of years. Somehow the western arms of eastern publishers seam to be convinced that cheaply porting games over and slapping a horrible cash shop system on it is an easy way to make big money. I'm starting to fear for Black Desert Online.

Archived