Should assassin "spec" in lightning / shadow?

NueHoujuu

I mostly just looked at what skills looked useful for PvP + PvE (more on the PvP advantage side) and ignored whether or not a skill was lightning/shadow/poison stack.

Is there anything about that I overlooked that I should consider?

Things I looked at were things that help stealth or make certain skills easier to use / able to use longer.

Well the i find the stealh/lightning spec way more useful in this version of the game. The shadow spec is not easy to do cause at the moment we dont have as much skills that stack poison, aside that youre not gonna get a crit 100% of time (which is kinda normal in korea). Tho all of this is only if we talk about PVE specs. 

2 hours ago, NueHoujuu said:

What are assassin options (skills to use) for PvE?

It looks to me like other classes are better for mobbing cause of more AoE so I'm looking at bossing. Right now I just go stealth and spam RMB+F.

That's pretty much the idea behind lightning spec. You get Lightning Rod on your 4 and Shadow Drain on your 1 so you can stay in stealth as long as possible and spam RB+F+4.

Does anyone have some good PVE and PVP builds they can share with us?  I am trying to learn what is best for my assassin and what will give me more damage.  At the moment though I don't have the Hongmoon Secret Weapon Technique (till new content launches) and I don't have my last weapon upgrade.  But if anyone would like to share a build that would be so helpful!

Thanks

I prefer the shadow build which can output amazing damage when combined with either choke bomb/poison breath or somebody grabbing your target. Stacking poison regularly may be difficult unless you resist and use the shuriken and poison bomb, but personally I feel like it does a lot more damage than the lightning build. Your focus is also a lot more predictable and you don't have to remain in stealth which sometimes get difficult against moving targets.

Archived