EU maintenance in middle of the day, again

Vecejj

1) 9am UTC is actually UK time. Newsflash, we don't all live in UK. And no, I won't speak for other non EU countries, but just a reminder that EU time zone is between GMT and GMT+2.  

2) No, not all schools are untill 4pm, maybe in some countries yes, but in some others as a student you're done at 2-2:30pm. 

3) No, we don't all work untill 4pm and no, we don't all work 8h per day/shift, and yes, many people do work in shifts. I, for example, some times work till 2pm and some others my shift starts at 2pm. So keep the stereotypes for yourself (and for some old movies that depict a life we had 10+ years ago)

4) Does it really matter who's the majority and who's the minority? Are we even serious now..? The game has servers in Texas for the NA people and servers in Germany for the EU people. There's no need for a "share maintenance", unless if the "EU servers located in Germany" is a big fat lie. 

5) Most games if not all are going under maintenance when its night time..! When majority of people are..you know...usually sleeping...? See for example the NA servers? Maintenance is at 1am PST. ..Read that last line again slowly..: ONE(1)... A...M..

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They put it 2 hours early now, so, its in the morning (or a bit in the morning for some countries), not really in the middle of the day.

Maybe this was the time they could get so its not getting so much in the way for NA and EU both.

Better this time than the ones they did the other maintenances.

1 minute ago, Ethria said:

1) 9am UTC is actually UK time. Newsflash, we don't all live in UK. And no, I won't speak for other non EU countries, but just a reminder that EU time zone is between GMT and GMT+2.  

2) No, not all schools are untill 4pm, maybe in some countries yes, but in some others as a student you're done at 2-2:30pm. 

3) No, we don't all work untill 4pm and no, we don't all work 8h per day/shift, and yes, many people do work in shifts. I, for example, some times work till 2pm and some others my shift starts at 2pm. So keep the stereotypes for yourself (and for some old movies that depict a life we had 10+ years before)

4) Does it really matter who's the majority and who's the minority? Are we even serious now..? The game has servers in Texas for the NA people and servers in Germany for the EU people. There's no need for a "share maintenance", unless if the "EU servers located in Germany" is a big fat lie. 

5) Most games if not all are going under maintenance when its night time..! When majority of people are..you know...usually sleeping...? See for example the NA servers? Maintenance is at 1am PST. ..Read that last line again slowly..: ONE(1)... A...M..

Thing is, whichever time you decide to do manteinance on, you're going to upset someone. Hell, I'm sure there are NA players upset about their 1am manteinance (I usually play until 3am, for example).

Some players prefer to play from 8pm to late night because of <insert reason here>, some players can only play the morning because <insert another reason here>, some other players can only play early afternoon because <insert yet another reason here>. The only thing that is constant in every mmo, is that peak hours are in the late afternoon / early evening, and that is 7pm-11pm CET, roughly. You can start complaining when they have manteinance during those hours, but, until then, I suggest that everyone just finds something else to do during those hours (go outside if it's a nice day, do your laundry, watch a movie, play some single player, whatever) instead of complaining every week :)

I'm sure you prefer that server crash in the middle of the evening instead like they did a few days ago and of course that was only for EU servers.If you look prime time it's usually 5pm to 11pm on your time zone that's where majority of the people play so they are doing right thing doing maintenance outside of those hours.Talking about problems last i heard some of the european people are still having more latency then they should so i'm sure those appreciate they are doing maintenance to try to resolve  that issue even though it's not across the board.

15 minutes ago, Shar said:

Thing is, whichever time you decide to do manteinance on, you're going to upset someone. Hell, I'm sure there are NA players upset about their 1am manteinance (I usually play until 3am, for example).

Some players prefer to play from 8pm to late night because of <insert reason here>, some players can only play the morning because <insert another reason here>, some other players can only play early afternoon because <insert yet another reason here>. The only thing that is constant in every mmo, is that peak hours are in the late afternoon / early evening, and that is 7pm-11pm CET, roughly. You can start complaining when they have manteinance during those hours, but, until then, I suggest that everyone just finds something else to do during those hours (go outside if it's a nice day, do your laundry, watch a movie, play some single player, whatever) instead of complaining every week :)

Let me ask that simple question: Out of lets say 500.000 EU players, how many do you think they play after 12am and how many before? Yea, I also stay up some times untill 2-3am, yesterday I was in game till 4am, that doesnt mean that a) I can do that every day and b) the majority of the EU population is active during these hours. And once again, NA maintenance is at 1am, not 9am or 2pm. 

And please everyone, for god's sake, stop telling people to go outside, read a book and rest b....it..! I have walked outside (in fact, I walk every day, but that's no one's business), I have done my laundry (but that's no one's business), I have watched my favorite tv series (but that's no one's business), and I have done many many other things as well  (but that's no one's business). Stop saying people what to do, no one ever came to you to tell you to sit in front your pc instead of (for example) go for a walk, so don't do the same to others..!!

Edit:  Keawen, I was actually one of the unlucky ones that day cause I wasn't able to play at all. Don't tell me about downtimes and crashes or latency, I've even send a ticket yesterday for a loading problem in AH..! No, I don't "prefer" a server crash, but I do understand its something normal to happen untill the game has an X stability. Because a server crash you can't really control it at least not on this state of the game. But a server maintenance, hell yea, absolutely you can. And when you have first day a maintenance till 5pm, next time a server crash at 4pm and the next day a maintenance again till 7pm, and that thing just keeps going, yea I do have a problem with all this. 

7 minutes ago, Ethria said:

Let me ask that simple question: Out of lets say 500.000 EU players, how many do you think they play after 12am and how many before? Yea, I also stay up some times untill 2-3am, yesterday I was in game till 4am, that doesnt mean that a) I can do that every day and b) the majority of the EU population is active during these hours. And once again, NA maintenance is at 1am, not 9am or 2pm. 

And please everyone, for god's sake, stop telling people to go outside, read a book and rest b....it..! I have walked outside (in fact, I walk every day, but that's no one's business), I have done my laundry (but that's no one's business), I have watched my favorite tv series (but that's no one's business), and I have done many many other things as well  (but that's no one's business). Stop saying people what to do, no one ever came to you to tell you to sit in front your pc instead of (for example) go for a walk, so don't do the same to others..!!

Wait a moment....so your encouraging complaining?
The point behind (go have a walk/read a book/do your laundry) is to get people off the forums and stop complaining when the development team is TRYING TO FIX THINGS.

I know that this game is addictive and stuff but people should really do something else other than complain when servers are under maintnence.

10 am CET means (if i read correctly) GMT +1

10-14 CET means

local times:

Lisbon/london/wjhatever WE 09-13

Madrid/rome/whatever in the middle 10-14

Kiev/helsinky/Athen/whatever CET+1 11-15

Minsk CET+2 12-16

Moskow/CET +3 13-17

(http://www.timebie.com/tz/wkeurope.php)

so, assuming 100.000 players per CET time zone, assuming peak hour is around 15/16-19/20 pm,  the amount of players that should feel "biased" for the peak hour are , in my opinion CET+3 aka 100.000.

based on example "assuming 500k EU players".

any questions now?

3 minutes ago, Mi.Rei said:

The point behind (go have a walk/read a book/do your laundry) is to get people off the forums and stop complaining when the development team is TRYING TO FIX THINGS.

I know that this game is addictive and stuff but people should really do something else other than complain when servers are under maintnence.

..So.. you believe that If someone has a problem/complain, doing something else will change anything..? Like, everything will be solved magically and all will be amazing..? Or did you missed the point where the problem here is the hour(s) they pick for EU maintenance and not if and what they're fixing..? So If I go for a walk (...again), in 2 days there won't be another maintenance in hours when it shouldn't be..? So I guess you never complained for anything to anyone. Like for example...to your isp.. Or..to the pizza restaurant that brought your delivery an hour later than when they should... 

26 minutes ago, Shar said:

This .. and this 

6 minutes ago, Mi.Rei said:

sure it might be annoying but there are other things you can do and quite honestly you should probably be doing..

the game goes pretty fast so a few hours of downtime is not going to hurt that much and IS a better choice to having the servers crash due to cascade errors and then the DEVs taking it down for potentially a greater time period ..

It doesn't matter WHEN the servers go down someone will be complaining so MAYBE just MAYBE we can all take a deep breath and relax.

also it isn't JUST about what time players play it is about when programmers and IT is available to do this work

OP:

• Seriously, 4 hours of maintenance smack bang in the middle of EU daytime AGAIN...
  • For those that haven't seen the Notices section:
  •  
  • Starting at February 4, ... 10:00 AM CET, all servers will undergo maintenance for approximately 4 hours...

The game is rated PG13, at that age you are at school, go back home, eat lunch, make your  student job, and when you're done, you play and don't even notice a maintenance have happened because it is later than 1400 CET.

If you are an adult, you are at work all the day, maybe lucky enough to go home for lunch but return work after it, and you didn't even noticed a maintenance have happened. If you had a night shift, you are still sleeping.

If you are a student or an adult, having free time at that hours means you have a problem much bigger than not be able to play a game.

Archived