EU maintenance in middle of the day, again

Vecejj

Seriously, 4 hours of maintenance smack bang in the middle of EU daytime AGAIN (tomorrow) is ridiculous, this is the only game I've ever played that does maintenance at peak hours of gaming.

For those that haven't seen the Notices section:

Starting at February 4, 1:00 AM PST / 9:00 AM UTC / 10:00 AM CET, all servers will undergo maintenance for approximately 4 hours. An in-game notice will be given 30 minutes prior to the maintenance starting.

Below are the list of changes introduced within the update:

• Routine server maintenance and modifications

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Awh said:

Maybe there are more NA players, and they are trying to schedule it around the majority. I mean that's normal to favor majority as a business or else it'll fail.

Or, like many, you could do both maintenances at a different time instead of at the same time so both regions have their maintenance off-peak. That is catering to both regions, which you should as a business or else it'll fail.

Even Trion, who has such an incredibly bad reputation with ArcheAge, does maintenance for ArcheAge on a completely different time for NA and EU.  (Example of the last maintenance; 2/2/16 8 AM PST for NA, 2/3/16 2 AM GMT for EU (which is 5 PM PST)), this is kinda the only good thing you can say about them though... It baffles me why NCSoft puts the maintenance for both regions on the same time.

Just now, Squint said:

Aren't most people working/at school at this time? And you must get up damn early if this is the middle of your day.

EU + UK, it's late morning, midday, early afternoon. Assuming their whole player base are school children or 9-5 workers then you'd be right but I'm doubtful of this. 

2 minutes ago, Yed said:

Or, like many, you could do both maintenances at a different time instead of at the same time so both regions have their maintenance off-peak. That is catering to both regions, which you should as a business or else it'll fail.

Even Trion, who has such an incredibly bad reputation with ArcheAge, does maintenance for ArcheAge on a completely different time for NA and EU.  (Example of the last maintenance; 2/2/16 8 AM PST for NA, 2/3/16 2 AM GMT for EU (which is 5 PM PST)).

I mean of course, catering to everyone is pretty much obvious of what every business wants to achieve lol, no brainer there. I'm just answering towards his concern and gave him a reason to his claim, not an irrelevant suggestion to the business.

1 minute ago, Mighty said:

What are they fixing? "Routine" maintenence doesn't sound like a big fix

"Routine" means they are upkeeping it to help prevent all hell breaking loose....

just like you do "Routine" cleaning.... if you didn't dust/wash dishes/wash clothes/take a shower ect. than all hell would break loose in your house.... unless you like bugs and rodents..

1 minute ago, Puppy Pie said:

"Routine" means they are upkeeping it to help prevent all hell breaking loose....

just like you do "Routine" cleaning.... if you didn't dust/wash dishes/wash clothes/take a shower ect. than all hell would break loose in your house.... unless you like bugs and rodents..

Again. No other game takes 4 hours for a "routine" maintenence

11 minutes ago, Awh said:

Maybe there are more NA players, and they are trying to schedule it around the majority. I mean that's normal to favor majority as a business or else it'll fail.

Except for the fact that the EU player base is larger by far, there is a reason there are way more EU servers then NA.

Just now, Mighty said:

Again. No other game takes 4 hours for a "routine" maintenence

did the server not just crash?????????????

maybe they have sht to fix from that so it doesn't happen again....

but than again you must know what every "routine" maintenance should take in every game...

2 minutes ago, Puppy Pie said:

did the server not just crash?????????????

maybe they have sht to fix from that so it doesn't happen again....

but than again you must know what every "routine" maintenance should take in every game...

That's why I.. uh.. you know.. asked?

They saying "routine" after the servers being down for 20 hours last week doesn't explain much

10 minutes ago, Yed said:

Even Trion, who has such an incredibly bad reputation with ArcheAge, does maintenance for ArcheAge on a completely different time for NA and EU.  (Example of the last maintenance; 2/2/16 8 AM PST for NA, 2/3/16 2 AM GMT for EU (which is 5 PM PST)), this is kinda the only good thing you can say about them though... It baffles me why NCSoft puts the maintenance for both regions on the same time.

have you seen the issues people have with it. If you update AA NA and then decide to go EU you have to wait or redownload the whole game.

Just now, Mighty said:

That's why I.. uh.. you know.. asked?

They saying "routine" after the servers being down for 20 hours last week doesn't explain much

Well than that usually means there are some BIG issues with the server....

Quit complaining and let them take time to fix whatever they need to fix rather than playing on a even more broken game.... 4 hours isn't that HUGE of a deal.....

Majority of games have split NA/EU maintenance times so they are done in the early AM for both parties but then again most games have completely separate NA and EU servers.

This whole get a job argument is pathetic. I work 4 on and 3 off and they are quite often 12 hour shifts, My days off are Wed/Thurs and Sunday. Should I follow your advice and get a second job?

Poor arguments for a poor system.

Archived