Super boxer guy at PvP?!

Hanano

OK, The weirdest thing happened now. I was doing the daily PvP quests at the Wild Springs Europe serves, when a Kung Fu Master dressed as a classic boxer was fighting me. Just to clarify, I'm a Level 39 Force Master with 10 win streaks in PvP. Since I started playing with this character, I didn't lose in PvP even once (which is pretty surprising for me). Basically, I manage to stay far and freeze the target enough until it is dead.

I fought Kung Fu Masters more than once, but that boxer was kicking my behind. He was somehow completely immune to all of my freezing. He stunned me non-stop and won the first round in a few seconds.

I prepared more defensive skills for the second round, and again he destroyed me, ignoring my skills and not even taking damage this time! I started to think he is hacking, or maybe just too good for me... And then something weird happened. He made me unconscious and started jumping towards the wall - like he's stuck. I woke up and attacked with everything, managed to freeze and kill him and thought that maybe he has some weird lags or whatever...

During the third round I started thinking that he might be playing with me. Again, he obliterated me, ignoring my spells, stunning me and dropping my HP too fast. When I had 1,000 HP left, he made me unconscious again, used an emoticon to show off, sat down and started eating a dumpling beside me...! I waited the full 30 seconds, woke up and looked at him, and he looked at me, and then I froze him to death and bombed the hell out of him - and he did nothing except jumping towards the wall again, like he had enough fun and now he is giving me the victory.

What.

The.

Hell.

?!

2 minutes ago, Trinket said:

So, basically you killed noobs and finally fought someone with more than half a brain.

I press the big READY button and kill whatever is infront of me.

It's not like every fight I had so far was a cake-walk, but this literally felt unfair.

45 minutes ago, Hanano said:

What.

The.

Hell.

?!

A common Chinese proverb:

山外有山 人外有人

The meaning varies based on context and is difficult to fully translate, but loosely it's along the lines of: "there's always someone better" or "there's always more to be seen/learned" [1]

The first part [literally: beyond mountain/mountains there is/are mountain/mountains] suggests that no matter what you've witnessed or achieved, there is more and better to be seen and experienced.  Outside of this mountain that you've marveled at or climbed, there's a taller one waiting for you somewhere...

The second part [literally: beyond men/man there is/are men/man] extends the first part into an analogy/metaphor for humanity.  No matter how great one is or how high one rises, there's always someone greater.  No matter how smart/wise/successful/etc. you believe your mentor/teacher/self/etc. to be, there's someone out there who is many levels better.  

Taken together, the two sentences lead to the following implications:

• no matter how talented you are and/or how hard you work, there's always room for improvement;
  • the better you become at something, the higher your standards become such that very often even though your skill has improved on an absolute basis, your perception of how "good" you are relative to others (or to your goal) has actually gone down; and
  • often, the reward for solving the challenge currently in front of you is another, more difficult challenge.

Archived